All the positions are located in Austin and Must be on-site.
This role will develop use-cases and test cases, execute manual and automated software tests, document and refine formal test processes, build test automation infrastructures, and automate selected tests for sophisticated client-server applications. The QA Engineer will work hand-in-hand with developers, end-users, and requirements analysts.
- Execute detailed test scripts including unit tests, user scenarios, new feature integration, regression, and stress testing.
- Log and track defects from initial find to closure, working with developers to assess severity and impact, regression implications of proposed fixes, required interface or process changes, etc.
- Understand relational database mechanics with sufficient familiarity to design robust tests and evaluate the accuracy and integrity of data throughout the system from entry/import to archival.
- Work with clients to verify that proposed tests meet their expectations for certifying delivery of functionality specified in project contracts (typically through User Acceptance Test sessions).
- Interface with other functional groups to translate customer requirements into working applications, tested in-house and through customer certification.
- Demonstrate and explain test cases during UATs.
- Assist Program Managers in developing comprehensive test plans, project schedules, expense projections, and task completion forecast.
- Coordinate the preparation of data and hardware/software configuration with IT staff for testing operations.
- Evaluate and apply automated test tools to development projects as appropriate, with consideration of cost/benefit factors and reusability. (Most projects have a high percentage of manual testing.)
Role and Responsibilities
- SQA experience with an emphasis on Internet testing methodologies and relational databases
- Strong knowledge of QA and SDLC procedures and practices
- Experience with defect tracking software
- Experience testing complex web-based user interfaces
- Automated testing experience, including script construction a plus
- Experience with load and regression testing and associated tools
- Experience with Unix/Linux environments and SQL
- Experience with testing Enterprise application (workflow and business rules)
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, and Project
- Familiarity with J2EE, SQL, WebSphere, DB2, and various Test Tools
- Familiarity with computer hardware configurations, operating system configuration tools, and Internet browsers
- Solid, demonstrated problem solving skills coupled with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A strong work ethic, expressed through the willingness and ability to acquire new skills, multitask, and take on projects outside immediate areas of expertise
- Strong commitment to quality and customer service
- We strongly encourage involvement in the entire development process. The successful candidate should be eager to offer input on improvements to planning, development, QA, documentation, and support procedures.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 1-2 years work experience in developing/executing test cases/scripts for execution in a Linux and database environment
- Understands all phases of the development lifecycle including scoping, design, construction, integration, and testing
- Ability to work independently and as a team member in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work directly with customer, spending time at custom facilities.
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects, and shift rapidly between them
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to authoritatively present viewpoints and advocate for QA needs within a team that may include fellow employees, customers, government agencies, and consultants
- Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
Please send your resume if you are qualified.
Indeed - 10 months ago
ESolvit is a global leader in consulting, technology, application development, outsourcing and staffing solutions. ESolvit has successfully...