ESPN Employee Reviews

Exciting place to be
VIDEO EDITOR (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTMay 23, 2017
This was the most exciting place I have ever worked! The employees really cared for each other. The management made sure there was adequate work/life balance. They went out of their way to make sure everyone felt included.
Pros
seeing your favorite sports hero.
Cons
Heavy work load
Fun and educational
Assistant Producer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 18, 2017
I look forward to work everyday. I fully expect to continue climbing the ladder. This is a dream job and it comes extremely natural to me. I feel as if the sky is the limit with this opportunity.
The best corporate environment you could ask for
Manager, Fan & Media Intelligence (Current Employee) –  New York CityMay 17, 2017
No matter what your role at ESPN, you will always be exposed to top level innovation and leadership. I have learned a great deal both formally and informally. The best part is that management is ALWAYS supportive of new ideas, and any initiative employees take to learn more or participate in projects that they are not directly assigned to. It's a fun and relaxed culture comprised of extremely motivated, intelligent and highly performing individuals. I've really lucked out with being a part of this organization.
A good place to work; smart, interesting people.
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTMay 12, 2017
I had an overall good experience at ESPN.

I worked alongside some very smart individuals.

Working in sports television is a wonderful experience and I would recommend it to anyone.
Great employees
Associate Marketing Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 11, 2017
It's a great place to work but hard to advance and the workload can be a lot. There is not a lot of grooming for leaders and the company overall is too top heavy creating far too many layers for approvals.
fun workplace,
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTMay 8, 2017
great place to work. Hours can be a bit rough but well worth it. Can be hard to advance depending on the department. Highlights department is fun, great bosses.
It's ESPN, so it's a cool place to work
Associate Editor & Writer - ESPN.com (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTMay 3, 2017
Getting my start at ESPN was great, but employees are certainly treated as a number and considered disposable at any point. Very big place to work. Very competitive and toxic culture.
Pros
Great place to put on your resume
Cons
Very large work force, very expendable
My ESPN Experience
Content Associate (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTMay 1, 2017
On a typical day I work on ESPN FC and put together highlights and montages for the show. Also, I'll assign logging shifts for Production Assistants in the department as well as working in the media room for specific games from soccer leagues around Europe.
Overall decent place to work at
Studio Operations - Studio Operator (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTMay 1, 2017
Great TV production experience. However, its scary that they lay people off too often. The majority of the people who work here are really cool, down-to-earth people
Fun work place
Sports Reporter (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 28, 2017
Great work environment with multiple ways to showcase abilities. Editors were excellent to work with. Job was flexible and allowed for personal and family time.
Pros
Flexibility, diverse
Cons
Diminishing industry
Productive and fun place to work
Lead Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTApril 26, 2017
Learned a lot in a very short time. Very fast paced environment which was exactly what I was looking for, People are very nice, environment although fast paced, is relaxed atmosphere.
Pros
Just about everything
Cons
Doesn't hire FTE's, Talented people come as contractors and learn the business then leave with their business knowledge.
Was ok
Media Operator (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTApril 24, 2017
Typical day was ok. Very little time to have a life outside of work however. Hours were bad and the coworkers were very stuck up. Hard to get help around management.
Fun
Software Engineer Intern (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTApril 20, 2017
Work that does something. Immediacy and chaos, but at the same time, bureaucracy and procedure. I'm just an intern, and the best thing I can say is I really want to work at ESPN full time.
Best experience of my life
Charlotte Intern (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 12, 2017
Working at ESPN is one of the greatest experiences of my life. I got to meet amazing people who loved sports and communications. Interning there never felt like work because of the great work atmosphere created.
Great people, stagnant growth
Marketing Manater (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 10, 2017
Great people to work with yet lacks opportunities to grow within a very corporate environment. The company seems to be in a transitional period and it effects the growth of employees.
Awesome
Intern (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 7, 2017
This was a great internship. I had a great time working there and I learned a lot. It was a cool experience for sure and I got to meet a lot of people.
Productive workplace with a supportive environment
Sales & Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 6, 2017
Working at ESPN was a hugely rewarding internship. I was challenged to research and evaluate integrated marketing strategies across competitive sports networks. I had the opportunity to collaborate with teams to build creative marketing and sponsorship opportunities for clients. My summer long project enabled me to meet staff across the company to find a new means of adding value to the company.
overview
Performance Assessment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAApril 5, 2017
ESPN was such a fun job and everyone treated everyone with respect and we all helped each other. I loved the fun and sports atmosphere. We always had fun while assisting clients.
Great Experience
Graphics Creator and Playout Operator (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTApril 3, 2017
I was lucky to be able to work here after graduation. You have to be willing to put up with crazy hours, bad snow, and a quite town. If you love sports and production you'll love it.
Digital Media avoid this department
Digital Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTApril 1, 2017
I spent a year and a half with an irregular schedule and no life/work balance whatsoever. Other departments within the company expressed the open door policy at ESPN, yet my managers never encouraged exploring others areas of the company to find my niche. I want so bad to be a part of the Walt Disney Company and ESPN but I also want to be happy going to work each day. In digital media I am not. I want to be on the air or involved in television production or any form of media reporting and digital media never understood that. I continue to work here until I find something else.
Pros
Disney benefits, meeting interesting people/networking
Cons
Management in Digital media, no work/life balance, no advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ESPN. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2