ESPN Employee Reviews in United States

Great Company
Intern of Sports Marketing (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 13, 2016
As a intern we worked out numerous different projects. We got to experience all sides of the sports marketing world. We worked on the radio, helped build campaigns, and work at events.
Great name not a lot of room for advancement
Videographer / Editor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 9, 2016
excellent place to start your career just don't stay for long. You must truly love sports and learn quickly. Don't expect a lot of training so be honest if you can handle how fast paced live tv is with your experience level
Good Job
Event Planning Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 5, 2016
Great company to work for would love to get back on with them. If they ever have an opening I would love to get back on with them. You have to like traveling
Human Resources Administrative Assistant
Human Resources Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJune 4, 2016
1. Train the Trainer for Internal Food Safety Self Audits to meet/exceed company standards
2. Training new hires by facilitating Orientation, Harassment, Safety Training and Customer Service
Pros
Benefits, Co-workers
Cons
NA
Great Job Great People Fun Atmosphere
Global Security (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTJune 1, 2016
Fun environment. Great people. Great location. Great company. Typical day at work includes working with great people in a super charged atmosphere and meeting very interesting people daily. improved my customer service skill greatly. co-workers are great nad helpful. hardest part of the job was leaving. Most enjoyable part of the job was access control during the day. Meet awesome people
Pros
great pay. Stress free environment
Cons
Leaving
Fun company
Content Associate Program (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTMay 28, 2016
If you love sports, this is the job for you! You will be working nights and weekends but you will get to produce for live television.
Fun place to work
Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTMay 23, 2016
Great company and great atmosphere to work with flexible hours. Very challenging project and it being live you had to be sure that everything was functioning properly.
The place to be for a sports fan! This is a dream job for many!
Software Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTMay 11, 2016
It is a great feeling to work at the world leaders in the field of Sports and broadcasting. You will get to work at the bleeding edge of technology and interact with the best of the best in the field.
Everyone around you is brilliant in their field. It felt like being the Google for sports!
Pros
ESPN!
Cons
The cable industry is being frequently "restructured".
Great experience, no work/life balance
Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTMay 9, 2016
Having a personal life while working at ESPN is next to impossible. Working until the wee hours in the morning every day makes it very difficult to maintain relationships with your family and friends. Only if you're willing to make your job your life will you be happy working here.
Pros
Benefits are great
Cons
No room for personal life
Working at ESPN
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTMay 3, 2016
Great place to work hands down. Exciting day to day experience. Co workers are amazing and facility is wonderful. To get the opportunity of a lifetime to work here is a huge accomplishment
Pros
ESPN
Cons
Unusual hours
Outgoing
Automation Engineer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 2, 2016
a typical day at work:- Exciting but time consuming
what you learned:- More about Selenium and Java
management:- Sometimes a pain, but very nice, overall.
your co-workers:-Great people to be working with, lucky to have them.
the hardest part of the job:- Deployment time.
the most enjoyable part of the job:- Free snacks
Productive and fun workplace
Freelance Production Runner (Former Employee) –  varyingApril 22, 2016
- Co-workers were great people, fun to work with
- Most enjoyable part of the job: driving a golf cart
- Hardest part of the job: long hours
Pros
catering with tons of meal options
Excellent
Senior Publicist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 22, 2016
Excellent company, excellent values. The company provides a lot of opportunities to grow, learn and be a part of a team. Company values are very important.
Great company
Freelance Production (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 14, 2016
I've enjoyed working freelance for ESPN. Great people! Great atmosphere! Stand up for their workers if there is ever an issue that arises while on the job! Usually great food at games.
Pros
Good pay and overtime
Great experience
Internship (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHApril 13, 2016
A typical day result in going through current events in the sports world and documenting, filing, and prepping for days ahead. The most enjoyable part of the job was controlling their social medias such as instagram snapchat and tiwitter.
Diverse company with a family vibe
Senior Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTApril 12, 2016
I love working with such a diverse group of people. The ability to work as part of such a team is really fulfilling. I have met so many new and interesting people in my time here and I enjoy the camaraderie.
Pros
Good compensation, great personalities, on site cafeteria
Cons
Limited departmental growth
Working on SportsCenter
Content Associate (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTApril 10, 2016
During a shift working on SportsCenter, there's a production meeting where the producer gives us the traffic about what time we go on the air. At that point, creative ideas are being pitched about how to treat the story lines that are going on in the day of sports. Over my four and a half years at ESPN, I have gained the confidence to pitch any kind of creative ideas, no matter how strange they sound. I'm usually assigned to cut top plays in which I uses social media and communicate with my co-workers to find the best plays of the night. I make the extra effort to enhance top plays using telestrations when necessary. I'm comfortable knowing when to take risks to try to make something more special and memorable to the viewer. And like a producer, I'm always changing my top plays and adjusting to what's the most important thing of the night. Learning how to react under pressure is something that I have grown immensely at.
Pros
Working in sports
Productive and fun workplace
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 16, 2016
Even though my work experience only lasted two days, I must say that this was one of the best experiences of my life! I was able to learn what goes on behind the scenes during big events such as this one (All Star Weekend 2014). It was a lot of work to be done in those past two days, but it was great.
Pros
Learning the ropes of behind the scenes
ESPN was great
Senior Accountant - Fixed Assets (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTMarch 14, 2016
Being a cast member at ESPN gave me great experience into a huge corporate environment. I learned to be part of a team that help other office perform to their best ability. Being able to participate in the year-long conversion from Oracle to SAP also provide me with a skill that was not often available. The perk of being able to go to any Disney World Park for free was a great perk for my family.
Pros
Work Experience
Cons
Too big
needs to think about future
Technology Manager (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTMarch 9, 2016
ESPN has changed but not in a positive way. They need to look to the future of the industry and make improvements.
They also have a culture that needs to be more open to diversity. The HR department focuses on this but the people in the leadership roles still are in the boys club mentality.
It could be a great company again with new and better senior leadership.

4.2