ESPN

ESPN Employer Reviews

fun place to work
Production Assistant trainee (Former Employee), BristolOctober 23, 2014
Pros: fun environment, great people. disney is a fantastic perk
Cons: late hours hard work life balance.
My typical day was watching multiple sporting events logging them as well as producing a high light for any or all of the shows.
It was ok
Busser and Utility Worker (Former Employee), Washington, DCOctober 22, 2014
I really don't have much to say about it. I really didn't enjoy working there.
Exciting environment
Golf Editor (Former Employee), bristol, ctOctober 15, 2014
Exciting environment and talented people
Interesting new initiative to share content across platforms and get the most mileage out of a story/narrative etc. as possible.
ESPN freelance
Recurring Remote Graphics Interface Coordinator (Current Employee), Everywhere sports happenOctober 14, 2014
If you can handle being a 'road dog', there's nowhere better than the World Wide Leader. A typical day is 8 hours of humping it, then you do live TV for 3+ hours. I love it!
Great people to work with, and you see different folks every week, but a lot of them you see every week.
Get a good boss
Senior Researcher (Former Employee), Bristol, CTOctober 10, 2014
and it will be a great place to work...otherwise it will be horrible. CT is in the middle of nowhere so make sure you have a reason to go other than ESPN. The luster wears off quite quickly.
I was not an ESPN Employee, they were my client - but they have an amazing culture there
Asset Management & Inventory Project Consultant (Former Employee), Bristol, CTOctober 9, 2014
I was on a 90 day project for a specific issue ESPN was experiencing. I worked for PC Net., not ESPN.
I love sports
Audio Technician (Current Employee), Pullman, WASeptember 30, 2014
Pros: friendly people
Cons: when it breaks its a problem
The people are amazing. But you have to be a well motivated person that catches on quickly. There are time limits all the time that we need to fulfill. There are times when we're running around in the snow and rain trying to get everything done freezing cold, and there are times where everything is so smooth that the world is good. But all in all its – more... a fun place to be. – less
Worst experience
Associate Administrator (Former Employee), Bristol, CTSeptember 19, 2014
24/7 expected working/on call. Treated in a demeaning way.
Fun place to work
Retail C/S & sales, Waiter/restaurant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 17, 2014
Pros: rubbing elbows with sports celebrities
Cons: company closed
Met a lot of celebrities.Events were fun and sometimes televised
Sports all day & night
Server /Server Trainer/Banquet Bartender (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 16, 2014
Pros: the people, co-workers, guest & managers
Cons: they closed
This was one of the most amazing restaurants jobs I've had
the atmosphere was electric, the guest were always fun to be around
Amazing co-workers that I am still friends with to this day.
Games ,games and more games.
Management was organized, easy to talk to and the great motivators
Fun place to work at with sports for everyone
Multimedia Editor (Current Employee), Bristol, CTSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: sports
ESPN is a fun place to work and just like any other job it has its balance of the good, the bad, and the ugly. A typical day at work varies depending on the shift. Morning shift work tends to be more related to breaking news and analysis on what happened in the night before in the sports world. Mid day and Night shifts tend to be more focus on highlights – more... of the day, and company shows.
I've learned a lot working for this company. Editorial guide lines, script-writing, recording video, producing hits, video-editing, administration, etc.
Management varies in each company, and this is no different. I have been a part of one department and cannot testified for the overall management of the company.
I have been blessed to have fantastic co-workers during my time at ESPN. From day one, they were very attentive and help me learn throughout the way.
The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to travel to sporting events for work. – less
Fun Enviorment
Retail Associate - Cashier / Hostess (Former Employee), Washington DCAugust 23, 2014
Great place for growing it was a face paced environment they took good care of their employees till they closed.
Host Life
Host/Host Trainer (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAAugust 20, 2014
Pros: free lunch when captain/training, fun entry to disneyland
Cons: low pay
A typical day at work consist of greeting guest hello and goodbye, seating guest at tables, accommodate their needs, ensure servers are about to handle multiple tables at a time

I've learned to be patience with others, how to handle angry guest and ensure the host stand has communication and works effectively.

Management is a huge help with angry – more... guest and when dealing with events that are occurring at our faculty.

The hardest part of the job is dealing when guest whom are consist on their stand point.

The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to communicate with guest throughout the shift who come from all over the world. – less
Media Editor (Current Employee), Bristol, CTJuly 23, 2014
Pros: exciting sports media company
Cons: ability for growth and development vary greatly from department to department
Overall, ESPN is a great company to work for. But the one thing that'll determine your satisfaction is which department you work for. There are many exciting departments with lots going on and where you're rewarded for your hard work with promotions. But there are departments where your career can come to a standstill with nowhere to go. Although they – more... promote moving about the company from one position to another, this is easier said than done. If you land in the right department, there is no better place to work in central CT than ESPN. – less
The emotion to be part of a Olimpyc game
BottonLine Operator (Former Employee), Bristol, CTJuly 17, 2014
Pros: short time
Cons: same people in the main position
Great job! Doing the BottonLine at very late at night.

With the emotion of the Olimpics games.
Great spot to work
ESPN Employee (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJune 20, 2014
Walk in and start answering phones right away. The place was amazing. Had sports posters all over the place and really made you feel ESPN professional.
FUN
Supervisor (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 10, 2014
Pros: environment
Cons: pay
Pay could've been better, but overall great learning experience. The atmosphere was exciting and food was awesome. The diverse environment made it interesting and personalities were free and fun. No matter what, we had a blast at work, but also work was being done.
Great place to work - looking to expand my skill set.
Associate Manager, Sports Marketing (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 29, 2014
I love working in Marketing but I'm extremely interested in exploring new opportunities!
Fun job, grinding hours.
Video Editor (Former Employee), Bristol, CTMay 23, 2014
Was at ESPN for 8 years. Given the nature of the business, it was very difficult to procure a day time shift. Working all those late night hours was fine when I was straight out of college but it was not conducive to family life once my child was born. Your personal relationships will also be non-existent as your job is expected to be your everything. – more... Very little time for any type of social life. – less
Great place to work.
Email Agent (Current Employee), Omaha, NEMay 16, 2014
I have been at ESPN Customer Care for a little over three years. It is a fun place to work. I do emails for customer care and you get to deal with different situations, no situation is the same.

About ESPN

ESPN, Inc. The Worldwide Leader in Sports, is the leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment company featuring the – Read more