ESPN Employee Reviews

Great Company
Intern of Sports Marketing (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 13, 2016
As a intern we worked out numerous different projects. We got to experience all sides of the sports marketing world. We worked on the radio, helped build campaigns, and work at events.
Fun and challenging work environment.
Senior Director of Event Operations (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 28, 2016
My job at the X Games was to interact with multiple stakeholders, develop and facilitate a comprehensive venue management plan, and create a positive guest experience.

I learned that a wide variety of input would develop into a better thought out and executed plan. I was surrounded by a management culture was based on respect. My co-workers were very talented and focused on making the event the best it could possibly be.

The job was challenging with developing priorities, managing expectations, and monitoring budgets...but also very rewarding in working on teams, watching plans come to life, and witnessing fans enjoying themselves.
Great people.
Master Control Operator (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTAugust 20, 2016
Challenging work. Takes dedication and commitment to be more then just your job description. They foster growth and diversity.
Pros
Benifits.
Cons
Isolated location.
Great experience
Internship (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHApril 13, 2016
A typical day result in going through current events in the sports world and documenting, filing, and prepping for days ahead. The most enjoyable part of the job was controlling their social medias such as instagram snapchat and tiwitter.
Working at ESPN
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTMay 3, 2016
Great place to work hands down. Exciting day to day experience. Co workers are amazing and facility is wonderful. To get the opportunity of a lifetime to work here is a huge accomplishment
Pros
ESPN
Cons
Unusual hours
Very professional work place
Programming Compliance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTJuly 20, 2016
Professional and fair work environment
Great co-workers
The most enjoyable part of the job was having the Disney passes
Exciting VIP Service Job
V.I.P. Event Planner/ Server/ Hostess (Former Employee) –  ESPN Zone @Staples Center Los Angeles, CAJanuary 15, 2016
I would work VIP parties and functions at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.
It was alot of fun! Worked parties for award shows, festivals, professional sports etc.
It was owned by Wolfgang Puck and thus had the highest standard of food and service.

I learned alot in hospitality. I found it to be easy and enjoyable for me overall. Set up parties and then would work them. Sometimes tray-passing, depending on the type of event.

The management was ok. The co-workers were great. We have a wonderful work environment.

Hardest Part of the job is that it could get tiring and demanding.

I enjoyed the beauty of the parties and the fun of the festivities.
Pros
fun, lovely work site, enjoyed serving VIP
Cons
Could be very tiring physically
Great company
Freelance Production (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 14, 2016
I've enjoyed working freelance for ESPN. Great people! Great atmosphere! Stand up for their workers if there is ever an issue that arises while on the job! Usually great food at games.
Pros
Good pay and overtime
Productive and fun workplace
Freelance Production Runner (Former Employee) –  varyingApril 22, 2016
- Co-workers were great people, fun to work with
- Most enjoyable part of the job: driving a golf cart
- Hardest part of the job: long hours
Pros
catering with tons of meal options
Executive assistant
executive assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTJanuary 6, 2016
Utilized outlook for meetings internal/external. Avoid conflicts. Arrange travel and complete expense reports. Work closely with 2 executive assistants to ensure department ran smoothly. Coordinated managers bi-weekly, monthly and annual meetings with logistics and food if necessary. Oversee mail room with list of employees who would take care of the mail.
Pros
Worked with many great individuals. Lots of disney benefits
Fun place to work
Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTMay 23, 2016
Great company and great atmosphere to work with flexible hours. Very challenging project and it being live you had to be sure that everything was functioning properly.
Worldwide
Producer/Reporter/Update Anchor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 19, 2016
My favorite job. They have the most room for growth. Came in as a board op and wound up on air doing what i love to do the most.
Good Job
Event Planning Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 5, 2016
Great company to work for would love to get back on with them. If they ever have an opening I would love to get back on with them. You have to like traveling
Fun company
Content Associate Program (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTMay 28, 2016
If you love sports, this is the job for you! You will be working nights and weekends but you will get to produce for live television.
No one wants to delegate
Senior User Experience Designer (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTNovember 29, 2015
This is definitely a fiefdom company. It was so bad with with people not delegating that when one person quit suddenly the CEO was approving iPad purchases for all employee needs. When I wanted training my boss's boss's boss's boss had to approve $200 for the course. It got approved... a month late.
If you like locker-room politics and feeling like you are back in high school gym class this is the place for you.
Pros
Great for sports junkies
Cons
Red tape, bad corporate location, fiefdom management
The average day is filled with servicing existing clients, prospecting new potential clients, and making cold calls for sales.
Sales (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 6, 2015
Every new day brings a new opportunity to learn about a new product category. I am currently more focused on the craft beer industry with Saranac, PBR/Ballantine IPA, and the New York Craft Beer Industry -generating advertising/marketing opportunities to help move their business forward.
Terrific work environment with team atmosphere
Lead Digital Anchor/Reporter (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTDecember 15, 2015
I worked with a variety of segment producers and newsroom managers who are creative, collaborative, and enjoyable to be around.

My primary role involved content creation from original idea to finished, edited segment and included a variety of people who are top notch in this industry.
Pros
Co-workers are the best
Excellent
Senior Publicist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 22, 2016
Excellent company, excellent values. The company provides a lot of opportunities to grow, learn and be a part of a team. Company values are very important.
international Dpt
Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTMarch 8, 2016
Depends greatly on who you work for. Every division has it's own culture and possibilities for advancement. Would recommend working here due to the friendly culture that domestic offers.
fast paced, 24/7 environment with leading sports media company
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTFebruary 4, 2016
Overall, good place to work, Bristol location can be a challenge; not easy to grow career, the environment does not fast track
Pros
sports media leader
Cons
24/7/365 does not allow work/life balance

4.2