Esri Employee Reviews in United States

Aministrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant - Contracts (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAApril 30, 2016
Assisted Contract managers with their work.
Created files and kept them updated.

Not very challenging, I like to grow in a position.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Not enough work
Good work-life balance
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CAApril 28, 2016
Good work-life balance, Loyal employees, management been around for ever. Small town luxuries, away from the big city traffic.
Highly productive campus like environment that encourages innovation
Business Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAAugust 25, 2015
Everyday is like a new day with different challenges and reason to live the day to its fullest.
A place with a pool of supportive associates, mentors ever willing to help and encouraging you for success in your projects and assignments.
Pros
Good training
Great place to work. Tons of very intelligent and helpful colleagues.
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COJuly 14, 2015
A typical day at work is either me teaching a class, researching new technology, or ramping on a new course to teach in the future.
Pros
Free healthcare
Cons
Unable to work from home
Great company and work experience but poor work environment
SR. ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee) –  RedlandsJuly 8, 2015
I worked for Esri a little over 8 years and loved the work that I performed which covered a broad range of job duties and special projects so I was never bored. There were multiple learning opportunities with the companies continued grow in the international market. The hours were always long and stressful; there was no such thing as a 40 hour work week as our department was always short staffed. Depending on the department and/or the supervisor you work for, there may be flexible schedules which helps ease burnout in the short term. Unfortunately there are no common rules for how each department is ran throughout the company which makes it feel like each department is its own unit and not a part of a team. The inconsistences in management style, lack of follow up (communication), teamwork, equipment and software needs being met and limited technical support leads to moral issues and a stressful work environment overall. Management is given to individuals based upon who you are friends with rather than skills. Many of the managers have not been trained and it shows. Its not uncommon to have employee's seek assistance with work related issues including hostile work environment, stress and ergonomics issues. Instead of receiving assistance you are either ignored or find yourself under scrutiny by the Human Resource Department as if you did something wrong. HR does not protect you from retaliation when you do seek help so most people end up leaving the company rather than continue working under such conditions which is too bad because the company and the work itself  more... really are great.  less
Pros
Great work experience and learning opportunities
Cons
Hostile work enviornment
Amazing 20 years of my life!
Support Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAMay 18, 2015
Very busy with phones, emails, and chats. Interactions with customers was about 100 per day.

Learned several new CRM's.

Management was decent.

Co-workers were the best of the best

Hardest part of my job was dealing with upset customers which was on a daily basis.

Best part of my job was feeling like I was part of a family.
IT company in a small town
Release Manager (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CAApril 20, 2015
This is the only IT company Redlands which is a quite town. There is no competition and the only other large employer is Loma Linda Hospital.
Pros
Ability to learn new technologies to accomplish work.
Cons
Flat management structure and little advancement.
World leader in GIS
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMarch 12, 2015
I have loved working for Esri. There is great room for professional and person growth here. The work is fun and challenging.
Pros
great environment to work and learn in.
Cons
lack of flexibility in work locations.
Nice place to work, not sold on the compensation
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CAJanuary 15, 2015
It would not be fair of me to provide a review of this business because each department is run independently and there are many pros and cons to each. Overall, its a great place to work. They have a tendency to pay on the lower end of the market.
Lots to Learn Challenging Culture
Manager, Business Development, Commercial (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAOctober 22, 2014
I had challenges with the company culture. Senior Management has been at this company forever. What Esri needs is a dose of external Senior Management and less centralized decision making.

Overall a very good company.
Great place to learn.
Senior Applications Developer/Architect (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAOctober 18, 2014
Nice people. Relaxed atmosphere. Beautiful campus. Never gone through layoffs. People stay there for ever.
Horrible management
PC Technician (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAOctober 14, 2014
Before being hired was unaware it was a temp to hire position until offered the job. Management dragged me along telling to do things so I can get hired on permanently. Did everything I was told to do by management and more. When time came around my temp position was extended. Then when it came around again I was let go and management didn't have the guts to tell me themselves. I was called and told by the temp agency. I was always on time and worked any overtime needed. Did everything and more that was asked of me. Management is a joke
Pros
good owner
Cons
horrible management. low compensation
Great workplace for meaningful work that is highly technical in nature
Product Owner (Technical Product Manager) (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CASeptember 12, 2014
Esri is a great company for those seeking to do meaningful things that affect society and the environment using technology. The company has a relaxed, collegial atmosphere and treats it employees well.
Pros
highly interesting work, social impact, technology and job security
Cons
flat management hierarchy so advancement is slow
A very structured workplace
Meeting Room Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CASeptember 8, 2014
The benefits far outweighed the negatives with Esri. As a User Conference Clerk, I learned a great deal about what it takes to plan an event. And while I had an integral part at making sure this conference went off without a hitch, it hardly felt as stressful as I initially imagined. My meticulous organizational skills helped keep my plate from seeming full and enabled me to learn a great deal about trade shows and events I shouldn't have had any part of. Overall, while management did very little to help me succeed once my duties were finished, I still value the structure and diligence the events department relies upon in order to be successful.
Cons
desk job
Amazing business plan
Systems Technician (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAMarch 4, 2014
While Esri provides an amazing buisness plan the execution of it all leaves a bit to be desired.
Pros
great on campus cafe, good benefits, annual pay increase
Cons
minimal advancement from within the company
esri
sales (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CAAugust 13, 2013
esri is the leader in gis.
It is a good company if gis and spatial tech are your calling.
Otherwise, you might be better served to come here for an internship and find a company with domain expertise and/or specialty.
Pros
growing
Cons
growing
Stable company to work with
QA Programmer (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CAJuly 24, 2013
1. stable
2. Friendly working environment
3. Flat structure, few promotion oppotunities
Great Company
Work Force Development Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCJuly 17, 2013
Volunteer Work, working with coaching people with different need, and office work
Pros
helping people
Cons
volunteer work
good
Internship (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAJanuary 12, 2013
pretty good company. good environment, culture, coworkers.

Comment – January 16, 2013

What a bunch of bunk!! This company is being destroyed from the inside out by the remarkably incompetent management structure. It's already on a downward trend - and not because of the economy.

Best company to work for
Developer (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAJanuary 9, 2013
Great people, pretty laid back for a company of several thousand people. Really loved my time there.