Esse Health Employee Reviews

Coding and Compliance Specialist II-RHIA (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 30, 2017
Growing company and patient focus. They have some really nice people to work with and the leadership team in friendly. I see them continuing to expand.
Fun place to work but poorly managed
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 6, 2017
Management could be a lot better over all great place to work. I loved what I did at this location but but as far as personal needs and work place needs went management sucked.
internship
200 hr Externship (Former Employee) –  Swansea, ILJune 6, 2017
I learned a lot here they were a very caring group. They were very patient with me while teaching me all the ropes to being a medical assistant. It was a great place to intern.
Bullying
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Crestwood, MOApril 19, 2017
Office manager very two faced. Played favorites. Coworkers lied and spread rumors and was never given a chance to defend myself. Have no business having an xray machine. 2-3 xrays a week...
Pros
Cons
Clics
Amazing place to work!!!
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 22, 2016
I loved working for this company!! They are amazing to their employees!!! They allow room for advancement!! I had FMLA due to an illness and they were amazing to me!! I would recommend this company to anyone for employment!!!
Pros
Good work environment
Could use some training
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 25, 2016
There is no clear direction in the department I am working in. They often go against written policies and it is back by the Human Resources department. When issues are taken to upper Management they are explained away further enhancing the disconnect between Senior Management and the worker bees.
Very Productive and Work Oriented
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 27, 2015
Learned how to do some coding, billing, claims, medical terminology, parts of the body, HIPPA, insurance. Management could have been upgraded a little more. My co workers are the most desirable people to work with. The hardest part of the job is dealing with our patient portal. The most enjoyable is working with such great people.
Pros
45 minute lunch
Cons
not enough down time to catch up on other work
excellent local company
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 8, 2015
Great people, great corporate ambition, excellent training program, and wonderful attitudes all around! The physicians in our office really care about their patients and employees!
Cons
benefits could be a BIT better, but not terrible.
Working with children was great.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Creve Couer, MoMay 17, 2015
I like helping the children and giving shots and taking their weights and my co-workers were great to work with we worked as a team.
Very busy office
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOMarch 1, 2015
Great experience but management was not professional or understanding. Learning new skills is essential to this company and being able to perform at a high skill level is a must.
No stress; good pay; good work area
Certified Cleaning (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 27, 2015
Every janitorial need to be done daily.
I am good at this and would like to have my own company
Thankful for the opportunity the management gave me
Work well with co-workers
Mopping and buffing the floors
Smiling with all the people and making it a cleaner place for all
Pros
I like the job and would have stayed if my dad hadn't got sick and I have to move to Bowling Green, KY to take care of him. I did handy man work while I cared for him until he died in 2013
medical assistant
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond Heights, MOJanuary 4, 2015
Would assist with daily patient load, perform procedures, vaccines, refills, and cover lab hours. I also trained the referral personnel, and assisted in scheduling and communicating patient with physician.

Management was not supportive and very hard to communicate with due to lack of medical experience.

Co-workers were nice but no real team players every man was for themselves.
Pros
drug reps brought in lunch, patients where nice
Cons
inner office conflicts among the staff, and complaining
Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond HeightsApril 7, 2014
The biggest down fall with this company is the managements lack of support. Very fast paced and the pay is acceptable but the management lacks empathy. They truly offer no support for employees and seem to be of the opinion that the Dr. NEVER makes mistakes.
Pros
acceptable compensation
Cons
no support or assistance for the employee
N/a
Medical Assistant  (Former Employee) –  Medical Assistant May 7, 2013
i didn't work there for so long but i enjoy working with them.
Poor Company to Work For
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 27, 2012
This company does not allow for advancement and the company only is good for brown nose people who will suck up to management. I would not work for this company if I had to.
Cut hours after benefits went into effect
Telephone Triage Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ofallon, MoOctober 3, 2012
I worked over 40hrs a week for the company. Never had a bad review. As soon as my benefits went into effect they cut me back to 20hours a week with no notice. Also refused a face to face meeting when the other nurse I worked with was offering to give me hours so I could keep my benefits. Then when I asked HR if I could transfer to another office, that office refused to hire me because I needed benefits. I loved my job, but was never treated so disrespectfully by any place ever than when this all happened. I didn't receive a thanks for your hard work, sorry, or anything. They shouldn't provide benefits if they don't want to pay them. They basically used me to get through a busy 3 months and then got rid of me. I have two children now without benefits and am having to look for a new job. Not to mention I left a full-time job to go to Esse Health and now the hours are already taken where I was.
Pros
good pay, great benefits
Cons
doctors are impersonal and arrogant, cuts hours w/no notice
organized and nice staff, management
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Florissant, MOJuly 26, 2012
taking and returing calls to patients. Must be organized and a quick learner.
Management could improve by being more approachable and being more empathetic to family tragedies/grief, & serious illness.
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 17, 2012
A typical day was fast paced, and very productive. I learned a lot of medical terminology, as well as ways to overcome conflicts within the office, and how to efficiently and, politely assist patients, as well as find ways to effectively commuicate, being the liason between patients and physicians.

The hardest part of the job was adjusting to the new system. The best part of this job was knowing that I played a part in helping someone overcome an illness or prevent an illness.
Pros
free lunch 5 days a week
Cons
the communication skills of management
Very fast pace enviroment
Medical Assistant-Extern (Former Employee) –  Richmond Heights, MOMay 8, 2012
I learned a lot from working here. If you truly love to stay busy this would be the perfect place for you to be in. There is rarely any down time, very reasonable breaks, and great working enviroment
Pros
fast pace
Cons
very little space in patients rooms