Essentia Health Employee Reviews in United States

Great co-workers but poor management leadership
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDJanuary 12, 2016
I enjoyed my job and loved helping people. I was based in the Emergency Department and left because the management was very poor. The management treated staff unfairly and would often recruit people to spy on other employees that they personally did not care for. I resigned due to one of these managers who sought out ways to write up disciplinary reports because I had reported her to HR for unfair treatment of employees. Those managers involved have all since been dismissed from the company but the department lost a lot of good healthcare workers before action was taken.
Pros
Fast paced, challenging, great co-workers
Cons
Long hours, on-call, poor management
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDMarch 28, 2016
Never a dull moment. We are usually always doing something, filling orders or cleaning. Most of my co-workers are great to work with, like some places there are those who feel they can do whatever they want and those who think they are in charge. Hardest part would be trying to get everything done some days. The management in my department can be great but there are a couple supervisors that are hard to work with. I like the company, they try to make working here a great place. It is hard sometimes going to work knowing new people get paid more than me.
Poor management
ITS (Former Employee) –  Brainerd, MNMarch 18, 2016
I was working for this company through a temp agency. I was told i was doing great work. For a month, then one day was told from my employer that they no longer needed me. The excuse given was poor customer service.

I find this hard to believe since i smiled and was courteous to all Employees and patients.

This place seems like a "stab you in the back," type of place when it comes to management. Co-workers was great to work with and very friendly.
Pros
Great Coworkers
Cons
Poor managment
most disgusting place I've ever worked!
EVS float (Former Employee) –  400 east 3Rd streetApril 26, 2016
So one of my employer friends caught C.Diff while working there, That same week I caught Walking Pneumonia, the Nurses never properly labeled the hazardous rooms, or just was too lazy to call for the signs needed. The last week I was there working, the Hazardous rooms quadrupled! I noticed that nobody did the full dusting or sweeping, just moping dirty floors and pushing dirt around. I felt that I was the only employee that took her time and made sure the job was done right the first time. Also there was employee favoritism, numerous workers would sleep in the break room and not clock out as a break, leaving more work for the others, the trickle down theory was stressful, people with Seniority not doing the actual work they were signed up to do.
Pros
the cafeteria could charge directly to paycheck.
Cons
dirty and disgusting!
Excellent company to work for very professional and caring
Casual LPN (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNMarch 1, 2016
I have nothing bad to say about Essentia. I worked with very caring coworkers who were nothing but helpful to each other. Professional yet very compassionate in what they do. I would recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
Salary was at the top for the area, great work environment
Great Company to work for
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDApril 16, 2016
I was a phlebotomist at Essentia Health on South University Dr. A typical day could start anywhere from 0630-0830 and would end at 1530-1730. I would pull up patient's orders for their lab work. I would then call the patient back and proceed to venipuncture their vein. I would then spin down the specimen so that the MLT's could run the lab tests that the doctor required.

The best part of my job was the co-workers I worked with. We all got along and pulled our weight in the lab.

The hardest part of my job was all the responsibilites we were required to do and also the rate of pay was horrible.
Pros
hour lunched
Cons
hard to request for days off
Fast paced and dynamic work enviroment
Switchboard Operator Lead (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDJune 13, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job is that is dynamic. Everyday is different and requires the utilization of multiple skill sets. The hardest part of the job is keeping all of the critical functions of my position properly prioritized when being pulled in many directions. My co-workers are exceptional as the embody the concept of teamwork. Together we succeed every day in an environment that could be daunting, but isn't due to the support we provide each other.
Wonderful Environment
LPN-Clinical Data Abstractor-System Quality (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNMay 13, 2016
Busy eight hour day, but the work was a lot of fun. I learned a lot about data registries. Team work is very important in both positions I have held at Essentia Health. I enjoyed my co-workers at work. Hardest part was leaving bedside nursing to work at a computer, but it was time for a change and that was the change I wanted. I love the job I am doing now, but it has been eliminated. I would enjoy working in a registry again.
Pros
Wonderful Benefits
Cons
Bedside Nursing for 30 years was hard on my body
challenging
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNMay 14, 2016
i loved my job, hated bullying,
caring for different people or patients everyday, doing things i was trained to do in the clinic setting, some of my co-workers were always going above and beyond with their care of their patients,
i was very proud to work with them, the (DR'S and NPA's) are totally awesome,
Pros
small group of co-workers
Cons
bullying
Excellent company to work for very professional
VOLUNTEER (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDApril 13, 2016
I have nothing bad to say about Essentia. I worked as an Volunteer with very caring coworkers who were nothing but helpful to each other. Professional yet very compassionate in what they do. I would recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
Large organization with many learning opportunities
Co-Workers
Radiology Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNFebruary 17, 2016
In the MRI department at St Mary's Hospital is where I worked. And boy let me tell you...some of the BEST men and women work there!!! They are easy to get along with and they do what they can to get the job done.
Great
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Detroit Lakes, MNJanuary 12, 2016
Essentia is a wonderful place, the staff is always friendly the facility is very eager to help anyone. There medical staff will go over and beyond to assure they are doing everything in there power to make you comfotable and do as much at they can to work with the patient.
Pros
Oppurtunity for growth
large hospital with many learning opportunities
Vicki Scheer, Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNJanuary 25, 2016
I get a quick report on the patients to take care of, pass medications that are due, assist in adl's, change dressings as needed or scheduled. assess the patients. assist patient when is needed
various responsibilities with patient care
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNFebruary 1, 2016
During a typical day at work I would Take care of patients and help with any of their needs. when team work is utilized, the work is easier.
Great co-workers but not a great company to work for...
Clinical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNFebruary 1, 2016
I had a lot of great co workers and learned a lot at my job. The company did not offer much intensives to make employees stay there.
Supply Chain (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDJanuary 12, 2016
I enjoy my position at Essentia, vacation is good, pay is average and the people are great. That is all I have to say at this time.
too much passing the buck
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNNovember 11, 2015
starts off as a great place to work.. lots of good employees. After being promoted, the work load shifts were almost unbearable, the director would take credit for your work and when a deadline was approaching we would be thrown under the bus for her deadlines on her work.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
passing the buck
Work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Virginia, MNNovember 26, 2015
This place was another wonderful place to work until we were short staffed then it was getting forced to stay everyday. You were scared to even come into work for your scheduled shift because you probably weren't going to go home anytime soon.
Essentia Health
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNNovember 8, 2015
Large, regional medical facility that practices HIPAA privacy laws with strict policies and procedures. Has diversity and taught me a great deal about customer service, organization and communication. Uses Lean strategies.
Productive and fun working environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNDecember 25, 2014
A typical day at Essentia health would include: taking vitals, assisting patients with daily cares, assisting nurses with various tasks, answering call lights to assist patients, cleaning and stocking various supplies. I have learned a lot from working for this facility. My knowledge on medical terms and how-to's has expanded enormously. The management at this hospital are great! They do a wonderful job of meeting with employees and hearing their needs and concerns. My co-workers are a joy to work with. They are very team- oriented and everyone is willing to help out and care for the patients. The hardest part of the job is seeing someone with so much life and potential, be so sick and spiral downwards. The most enjoyable part of this job is that I get to help people and do my best to cure them of their sickness and make their stay at the hospital more positive.