Essentia Health

Essentia Health Employee Reviews

good environment to work in
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Detroit Lakes, MNJune 3, 2015
good environment to work in, excellent coworkers, all around great facility. Just walking in the building is very comforting with the amazing staff and how they are with their patients
Difficult but rewarding
Coumadin Clinic Nurse (Former Employee), Fargo, NDMay 6, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the day was helping people cope with sometimes debilitating diseases. The hardest part of the job was time management due to heavy patient scheduling.
Warm and friendly place to work
Utilization Nurse (Current Employee), Duluth, MNApril 21, 2015
Pros: professional atmosphere
Cons: benefits and vacation time
Reviews of inpatient stays, and review of qualifying Medicare skilled nursing requirements. Learning every day about Medicare and commercial insurance requirements. It is a pleasure to work with all my co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job is the team building and brain storming with the whole team to solve any issues
decent company to work for.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Fargo, NDMarch 29, 2015
I was only there a short time. had some personal issues and would have loved to return to work there if given the opportunity.
Innovative and caring
Nursing Project Manager (Current Employee), Duluth MNMarch 4, 2015
Pros: the team of people in which i work with.
Cons: not enough funds to bolster special events
Very energize team of people in which I work with. Everyone is eager to get the job done in efforts to support the mission and values of the organization.
Nursing review
Nurse Clinician (Current Employee), Duluth, MNMarch 3, 2015
Pros: positive environment where i keep very busy and days go fast.
Cons: sometimes the patients have to wait quite some time to be served if we are too busy
I typically keep very busy at work helping patients in a fast paced outpatient center. I have learned a lot about medications and cancer. I have a very supportive supervisor who wants to see her patients receive excellent care. I work with a great team and I get the opportunity each day to interact with the community and learn a lot from the people I care for.
positive atmosphere
RN PEDIATRICS DEPARTMENT (Current Employee), Fargo, NDJanuary 19, 2015
positive atmosphere and everyone is willing to help you out.
This is a great place to work
CNA (Former Employee), Duluth, MNJanuary 13, 2015
This is a wonderful place to work. Everyone is like family, they work together and help out well. I would recommend this company to anyone.
Professional and Productive Workplace
Occupational Medicine Program Manager (Former Employee), Fargo, North DakotaJanuary 2, 2015
Structure and flexibility created the environment necessary to help people excel. Some of the most satisfying results were realized after changing existing operations, creating efficiencies in areas such as the electronic health record.
Productive and fun working environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Duluth, MNDecember 25, 2014
A typical day at Essentia health would include: taking vitals, assisting patients with daily cares, assisting nurses with various tasks, answering call lights to assist patients, cleaning and stocking various supplies. I have learned a lot from working for this facility. My knowledge on medical terms and how-to's has expanded enormously. The management at this hospital are great! They do a wonderful job of meeting with employees and hearing their needs and concerns. My co-workers are a joy to work with. They are very team- oriented and everyone is willing to help out and care for the patients. The hardest part of the job is seeing someone with so much life and potential, be so sick and spiral downwards. The most enjoyable part of this job is that I get to help people and do my best to cure them of their sickness and make their stay at the hospital more positive.
Essentia Health is a a great place to work.
Nutrition Services Worker (Former Employee), Detroit Lakes, MNNovember 24, 2014
Pros: free food, great co-workers, and fun job.
At Essentia Health I was responsible for preparing meals for residents of the assisted living buildings, cleaning up the meals, delivering meals to hospital patients, completing inventory sheets, answering phones to take meal orders, and keeping a great attitude. The most enjoyable part of the job was visiting with the residents and hospital patients while bringing them their meals, the hardest part of the job was having to deal with people who called in and left you to work the shift alone.
my coworkers
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Detroit Lakes, MNOctober 6, 2014
Pros: activities
do all adl's for the residents serve breakfast and then also lunch
This is how I observed my job
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Brainerd, MNAugust 22, 2014
Pros: good co-workers
Cons: poor management
I always enjoyed working with the patients. Management was not to fair, they played favorites and if they did not want you to work there they would find some reason to fire people. A typical day was patient care, groups and one to ones with patients. I learned many things about mental illness and specific disorders and medication and how you treat it. Had great co-workers most everyone pitched in and got the job done together. Crisis situation when a patients behavior was out of control and hand to be handled with hands on, always a danger of some getting hurt. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with patients and seeing them get well.
Fast paced complexed enviroment
Emergency Room Nurse (Former Employee), Detroit Lakes, MNAugust 19, 2014
Worked well with co-workers and valued team work with others. Used critical thinking skills to determine appropriate plan of care.
Essentia Health has a negative work environment.
Patient Care (Current Employee), Duluth, MNJuly 28, 2014
Pros: helping patients develop safe discharge plans, arranging services and accommdations
Cons: management style is not conducive to a positive work environment
The most enjoyable part of the job is providing services to the patients and their families. The hardest part is that overtime, management style has allowed the work environment to become nonconducive to cooperative working. Intimidation is common. Employees have been disciplined for unfounded accusations and it is difficult to ask for any help. I have wonderful co-workers that are supportive and honest but there are co-workers that are not. I advise you not to seek employment here
Good place.
CNA (Former Employee), Detroit Lakes, MNJuly 19, 2014
Fun coworkers. Thoughtful managers allow flexibility with school schedules.
Coding Clerk
Temporary PBB Coding Clerk (Current Employee), Duluth, MNApril 27, 2014
I work from 8 - 4:30 in a business office setting. I use a computer and EPIC. I have a wonderful manager who gives me new and challenging jobs that take some of the burden off other co-workers. It has allowed me to learn and explore EPIC.
beware of essential health
RN (Current Employee), Duluth, MNMarch 26, 2014
Pros: it you need a paycheck it is a job
Cons: very tough place to work at.
Management has become quite oppressive due to major money problems, cutting corners and costs at every level. They have recently started coming down heavy on any sick calls. New director of nursing of questionable value. Doctors are all burned out and overworked. They were told they had to produce more. Many are leaving. Our department is a skeleton of what it used to be. Financial intake has come to a standstill . Patients are transferring to St. Lukes for better care.. Most employees are stuck at this hospital as it is only 1 of 2 in the city. Moral is very low. My guess is there will be major changes in the very near future. Hospital used to be in top 100??? don’t know how that happened but they lost it and will never get it back because it is sliding into the abyss.
Interaction
PATIENT ACCESS REGISTRAR (Former Employee), Fargo, NDMarch 2, 2014
There was constant interaction between staff and study participants. Unfortunately, the business is no longer in business.
Nursing Aide at GraceHome (Former Employee), Graceville, MNFebruary 26, 2014
I enjoyed my co workers, bosses, office staff, and residents. I miss them all so much.

1 2 3