Essentia Health Employee Reviews

Disappointing
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Brainerd, MNDecember 21, 2016
This employer does not promote a good working relationship with its employees. The moral was very low. There was no opportunity for advancement or communication.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Bad management, poor team skills
Must be able to be flexible as job is ever changing
Nutrition Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brainerd, MNDecember 5, 2016
If your looking for a job with long term possibilities, this is the place to work. No where to advance to, but a great place to start. Supervisors and director good to work with.
Pros
Benefits, decent pay.
Cons
No room for advancement. Union
Wonderful Environment
LPN-Clinical Data Abstractor-System Quality (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNMay 13, 2016
Busy eight hour day, but the work was a lot of fun. I learned a lot about data registries. Team work is very important in both positions I have held at Essentia Health. I enjoyed my co-workers at work. Hardest part was leaving bedside nursing to work at a computer, but it was time for a change and that was the change I wanted. I love the job I am doing now, but it has been eliminated. I would enjoy working in a registry again.
Pros
Wonderful Benefits
Cons
Bedside Nursing for 30 years was hard on my body
Beware!!!
Help Desk Technician II (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNAugust 19, 2016
Company and management DO NOT practice what their mission statement says. Top management and certain departments are pure EVIL! If they can ruin your life, they will and appear to enjoy it. Nearly twenty years of service means nothing to L & R.
Pros
Pay was quite good. may be part of the reason why they fired me.
Cons
please read review
Excellent company to work for very professional and caring
Casual LPN (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNMarch 1, 2016
I have nothing bad to say about Essentia. I worked with very caring coworkers who were nothing but helpful to each other. Professional yet very compassionate in what they do. I would recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
Salary was at the top for the area, great work environment
Complex Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNDecember 26, 2016
Enjoyed my time here. I helped to develop the case management program at Essentia. I enjoyed the time I spent discharge planning for patients and solving complex discharge delays.
office staff
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDNovember 15, 2016
environment radically changed when change from innovis to essentia took place; management consistently changing over, also office staff turn over huge
Management is about the bottom line and not keeping promises
Nurse Clinician (Former Employee) –  Ashland, WISeptember 2, 2016
This company is large business where the daily work team is small but the management feels the need to micromanage from afar not having even a clue of the daily function of the crew. I would stay away...
Pros
Small team
Cons
Micromanaging and apathy from mgmt
Great Place
Recruitment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDNovember 30, 2016
I love working here. The balance between job and family is the best I have seen. very understanding about personal things coming up and they work with you to resolve them
Excellent workplace
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNJanuary 27, 2017
Essentia provides a great learning environment for new nurses as well as quality, effective, safe care that meets the needs of all patients. They offer different shifts and flexible schedules.
Productive & fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 6, 2017
I enjoyed working there. They are friendly, hard working people. I worked there 3 yeara. For full time. 9-5 Monday thru friday.
Great company
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDAugust 30, 2016
This was a great company to work for with easy advancement. I just grew out of the position and needed a change. I would work there again if selected.
Learning
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Detroit Lakes, MNSeptember 7, 2016
This was a big learning time, working as a scheduler is a tough job. Management was good,but to schedule 100 nurses to keep up with hospital needs is a huge challenge.
Great work environment
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MN 55808November 10, 2016
Have worked here for the last 3 years! Love my coworkers and the power of knowing that we make a difference in each patient's lives.
Patient Access Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNNovember 19, 2016
Enjoy helping patients get registered for appointments and helping them along the way. Each day is a different from the previous, but feels the same.
great at providing the tools needed to succeed and do a good job
Medical Coder and Biller (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNAugust 30, 2016
I enjoy working here, they are very good about being sure we have what we need to do a good, effective job. Very compliant and willing to learn with us and continue our education with the ever-evolving coding field.
Great co-workers but poor management leadership
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDJanuary 12, 2016
I enjoyed my job and loved helping people. I was based in the Emergency Department and left because the management was very poor. The management treated staff unfairly and would often recruit people to spy on other employees that they personally did not care for. I resigned due to one of these managers who sought out ways to write up disciplinary reports because I had reported her to HR for unfair treatment of employees. Those managers involved have all since been dismissed from the company but the department lost a lot of good healthcare workers before action was taken.
Pros
Fast paced, challenging, great co-workers
Cons
Long hours, on-call, poor management
Inpatient coder
Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDAugust 14, 2016
Reviewed inpatient stays coding for the ancillary side, capturing top dollars with correct ICD-9 and CPT coding. Reviewed discharges from the hospital on line applying appropriate codes. Hardest part of the job became keeping on top of the amount of work expected. I enjoyed the flexibility of the job hours.
Pros
High pay
Cons
Overwhelming amount of work
Clinic float
LPN (Former Employee) –  Brainerd, MNAugust 14, 2016
Roomed patients and worked with the physician. Worked with a new program. Management was good and co-workers were very nice to work with and worked well as a team.
very productive place to work and great experience
Patient Services Clerk (Former Employee) –  Virginia, MNAugust 31, 2016
enjoyable job, atmosphere was very comfortable to fit in and become a team member. Everyday was a different day and made it a wonderful experience to work in.
Pros
felt part of a team
Cons
nothing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Essentia Health. Our community is ready to answer.