Essentia Health Employee Reviews

Stressful position in quickly growing system
Compensation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNNovember 5, 2017
Position was stressful. Resources were quite thin for a system of that size and data was not always easily accessible. Quickly growing system was outgrowing the infrastructure.
Pros
Easy access for medical visits
Cons
Workload
Busy Busy
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  4418 Haines RdNovember 3, 2017
hit the road running. culture is rough. training is not adequate. too much work, not enough employees. management not effective.Employee turnover rate high.
Hard work but could be fun and interesting...
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNOctober 21, 2017
Meet many interesting people from all walks of life and the variety of other employees of different specialties makes it all the more fun....the expectations were high and generally left me feeling good knowing I did a good job.
Pros
Interesting and interpersonal relationships could be fun
Cons
Prioritizing was frowned upon....do it all til it’s done...
Nice place to work for
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Sandstone, MNOctober 10, 2017
I really liked my time working as a housekeeper at Essentia. I had a really good manager who was willing to pitch in and help out. She was very helpful and the coworkers that I worked with were also very nice. Our team worked together well.
Fun place and certain different
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Detroit Lakes, MNOctober 9, 2017
It is a good place to work but sometimes we work short and it gets tough but we get through it. Fun people to work with and it has plenty of hours to work.
Stressful environment it was like working with the mean girls at school.
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ashland, WISeptember 30, 2017
I worked for Essentia health for 26 years and I never could find somebody to cover for me to take my morning breaks or lunch breaks or afternoon breaks. The job was so stressfull.
Good that Essentia Health bought out St Josephs
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brainerd, MNSeptember 24, 2017
Essentia has multiple job opportunities. The last 2 managers I worked with were very supportive.
Easy to relocate as Essentia Health has multiple facilities.
Great Place to Work!
Information Security Administration Intern (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNSeptember 19, 2017
My daily work included using a ticket system to solve access issues to our system. I would see a range of different problems where I would have to gather information on and solve for a permanent solution. Other activities included Active Directory account creation and system access and Epic account creation and security access. I also worked with powershell to automate business proccess and worked in Microsoft Exchange to fix users email accounts.

With my time at Essentia I learned how an office operates and what should be expected on a daily basis. Professionalism mixed with cooperation and open discussion of expected activities were three very important things I learned. Communication was also a very important skill to have. Every aspect of my job needed clear cut communication to complete task and solve problems.

The hardest part about working at Essentia Health was solving your own problems. Many times an issue would arise where you would have to find the right way to solve a problem. It involved a lot critical thinking brainstorming on how to solve issues. This was a daily situation for me but I would l always find a way to solve problems whether by myself or talking with colleagues with more experience.

The best part of my job was working with my colleagues. The group that I got to work with was a great group to work with and I made quite a few friends there.
Work place
Childcare Associate (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNSeptember 18, 2017
It is an ok place to work. I Love the children and families that I work with. I am just having a hard time with management. I need a change. Change is good.
Pros
Children and Families
fun people, horrible management
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Detroit Lakes, MNSeptember 13, 2017
the people that work at Essentia Health are amazing, except upper management. I don't think they care about the people that work there or go there. Everyone is just a number
Pros
good benefits, nice job
Cons
politics, upper management
Internship
Decision Support Intern (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNSeptember 12, 2017
I held an unpaid internship at Essentia my last semester of college. After I completed college and my internship I relocated and was no longer able to work for Essentia.
review
Surgery Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNSeptember 5, 2017
I really have enjoyed working for Essentia Health for the last 21 years. I have been moving around the clinic/hospital learning different positions to expand my knowledge. I need something new after 21 years. My co-workers and manager are great but would like a different facility and atmosphere.
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  General SurgeryAugust 28, 2017
Great place to work where patients receive wonderful care.
Good benefits and competitive pay. Level 2 trauma. Day, evening, night shift and some weekends.
Friendly enivroment
Patient Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Virginia, MNAugust 22, 2017
Essentia Health is an awesome place to work. They put their time in to train you right and to make sure that you are comfortable before going onto the floor.
Pros
training
Cons
short lunches
good team work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sandstone, MNAugust 10, 2017
I worked for Essentia and Essentia decided not to continue with the nursing home. This was an unfortunate circumstance and the nursing home then was bought out by a different company
Engaging Work Environment
Practitioner Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Duluth MNAugust 9, 2017
Highly engaged staff committed to making the patient the center of all the care received. Motivating work environment, fast paced, good team environment.
Fast paced with a vast array of examinations performed
Vascular Technologist (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNAugust 6, 2017
Essentia Duluth Clinic is a busy regional medical facility providing service to a diverse population. Essentia employs providers from all over the world and is a wonderful place to learn and develop skills.
Family Setting
Radiology Receptionist, Scheduling and ROI (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDAugust 3, 2017
I have been working for Essentia for almost 5 years I have enjoyed the relationships that i have developed with patients and providers and staff. The hardest part o my job is not being able to assist patients in their time of need. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to see that a patient is having a hard time or is nervous and working with them to ensure that they are okay, and when they are done with the scan being able to see the smile on the patients face as they leave.
Lives their Core Values
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDJuly 15, 2017
Walk the talk, lives their Core Values! Great benefits. Willing to work with your schedule. High internal employee satisfaction ratings. Believes in work life balance. Promotes employee growth and internal promotions.
Fun workplace
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNJuly 11, 2017
Essentia Health Hospital has the best workers of all times that I am aware of. I love the workplace and the environment. A typical day at Essentia Health would consist of greeting patients and guiding patients families to and from locations. Its a fun and friendly environment with lots of caring workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Essentia Health. Our community is ready to answer.