Essilor of America, Inc. Employee Reviews

Good company to work
Senior research scientist & program manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 9, 2017
Overall Essilor is a good company to work or start the career. However, there are less career advancement opportunities in the R&D division. The loose management does not provide the great future or potential growth for the engineers and researchers. But the company pays us pretty well, compared with other companies.
Pros
Good company to start the career
Cons
Lack of career advancement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXSeptember 2, 2017
I enjoyed the work for the most part. Work/ life balance is almost impossible due to the high demand for their products. Really enjoyed the benefits and management.
management needs basic leadership training
Factory Worker (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 19, 2017
do not even think about working for this company. Do only care about their profits and not about workers, there is a great need for leadership skills . too many brothers ,sisters. wives, husbands , sons and daughters work here.and unless you are one of these you will be forced into a dead end job with no chance to advance, with no pay raises and pressured to stress yourself out in order to perform more tasks than you can. This place is the worst .
Pros
Cons
almost everything
Dysfunctional management
Technician / mounter (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 14, 2017
If you don't care to do anything in life other than spend every waking moment at work, then this is the right place. This company ONLY cares about the $ bill. And does not value it's employees what so ever. It is ran on favortism, and the management is extremely Unprofessional , unorganized and misleading . The General manager is completely condescending and thinks no-one but himself knows anything. This is a terrible company to work for.
Productive place with excellent learning opportunities
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 10, 2017
Not the kind of place I'd like to work as an hourly employee but for management it an excellent environment with lots of opportunities for advancement. Flexible culture to work / life balance and lots of training on the job. The hardest part of the jobs with this kind of business is the sudden change in work loads and the need to adjust when WIP suddenly increases.
Sr Salesforce Developer/Administrator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 5, 2017
Worked collecting the requirements from the business and transforming the business logic to the technical logic and helping the developers understand the business flow
Na
International Compliance Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 13, 2017
I feel that it is more appropriate to utilize my 150 characters to discuss with potential employers what I enjoyed and what I might improve upon in regards to my last place of employment. Talk to me.
Long Hours
Picker (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHJune 12, 2017
Pay was alright, but long hours and a lot of daily OT. The job was easy but very demanding on a daily basis. The 8 hour scheduled day always turned into 9 or 10 hours.
Great company to work for but no room for growth and advancement
Supply Chain (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 7, 2017
I have been working for Essilor and have found it to be a friendly and relaxed atmosphere. There are very few opportunities for growth however and there is a desperate need for system standardization across the network.
Fun place to work
Surface (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 24, 2017
Chances to advance are everywhere in this company you can go from a level 1 to 3 as fast as they have opens. At this company everyone can apply for an open position an they will train you in that position.
Pros
Free cake every 3 months for birthdays
Productivity
Optical Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHMay 17, 2017
This company pay good and they have a great benefit compute with others i wish things work for m and continue work this company it was hard job and fun too
Was better 3 years ago.
Sales Consultant (pres. club winner) (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 2, 2017
Top down culture that is disconnected from the field. Many great people have left in last three years and the culture has deteriorated. Was a once great company to work for but is now a relic of better times.

Good benefits, very complex positions which will increase your capacity.
Project manager
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 25, 2017
Great place to work, it has since closed in Pinellas county. I believe they still have an office in the Dallas Texas area. They took very good care of their employees.
Stable and structured work enviroment
Maintenance / Calibration Technician (Current Employee) –  East Hartford, CTApril 22, 2017
Most days my time is occupied with routine maintenance. On occasion repairs and or adjustments are required based on results. In the event that repairs are needed, the repairs are made expeditiously. I also am required to perform building maintenance as well.
Continual Growth Company
Project Manager III, EOA Supply Chain (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 19, 2017
Essilor is a good place to work. Hardest parts of the job has been the work/life balance at times can be very difficult.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the people that work at Essilor.
good environment to work in
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 5, 2017
Good company to work for, great benefits. positive work environment.

Investment company the company is from France, good diverse working environment.

They welcome interns to work at the company.
Pros
eye doctor on site for you and your immediate family including a eye glass store.
Cons
Laid off after 10 with the company
Great internship that exposes interns to different aspects of business.
Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 5, 2017
I enjoyed this intership because it allowed me to gain experience in financial analysis, mergers and acquisition, audit, tax, and other accounting departments. The helpful management positively contributed to my learning experience.
Essilor of America
Lab Technician - Management (Current Employee) –  milroy optical, tampa,floridaMarch 1, 2017
see resume,I have been employed there for fifteen years, and working in the Optical field for thirty seven years.in my optical experience's I have been proud to be able to know that I help the to see a brighter future, Optically speaking.
Pros
lunch once or twice a year
Cons
Insurance co-pays are expensive no Christmas bonus
Invenory
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 29, 2017
My job was very intense. Co workers tend to want to chat more than I desired. Loved my job here. It kept my mind and my body on top and in tact. Management seemed fair overall.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Co-workers
Productive workplace
Picker- Part (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHJanuary 25, 2017
Fast paced workplace. They even value their employees, and go as far as celebrating employee appreciation month. Walk your entire shift, but easy work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Essilor of America, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval