Essilor of America

Essilor of America Employer Reviews

Fun people to work with
Order Puller (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXDecember 28, 2014
Had a meeting before every shift. talked about the amount of work for the day. one of the worst management ever! Very strict and demanding and are willing to write up anyone at free will. Hardest part of job is the strict rules. Most enjoyable is co-workers.
Amazing opportunity
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INOctober 12, 2014
Pros: great advancement
Cons: company moved out of state
First full time job and this field was fast paced and innovative. The staff and I are still friends. Really liked learning and developing as an employee.
great team!! good hours,very nice warehouse
Receiving Coordinator (Former Employee), 2400 speigel dr groveport ohio 43215August 12, 2014
I learned a lot about leader ship Good Company to work for. they promote within the company great benefits package
Fun Place to Work
Sales Operations Business Analyst (Former Employee), Branch, TXJuly 12, 2014
I enjoyed my time as a contractor. I was treated like a full-time employee with limited employee discounts on eye wear. First week of work team took me out to lunch. I was included in company events there employee specific. The team even had surprise team birthday party at work. And the team gave me a Christmas Amex gift card and brought me a gift back so I wouldn't feel left because she got her core team gift. She gave us all personalized key chains with our name. Not the cheap key chain.

Great place to work. I wasn't able to be hired full time because the budget for marketing operations support was reduced. And I was the only contractor on the team. And when the day came to tell me the lead was very upset to see me go. I was allowed to go to my desk alone to retrieve my personal items. I was allowed to use my corporate laptop to save my personal files without any oversight. And team lead personally walked with out. And she was in a sad and shock state of mind because she was informed a few hours before the decision was made.

In the end she wrote me an outstanding job performance evaluation and a flowing letter of recommendation.

And the agency that placed me was shocked as well.
Global leader in the Ophthalmic industry.
Brand Sales Consultants (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJune 25, 2014
As an Eye Care Professional (ECP) Brand Consultant I am responsible for achieving sales objectives and growing sales volume for Essilor premium branded products within targeted accounts in an assigned territory. I am ultimately responsible for growing my ECP’s business and their customer’s loyalty through the delivery of Essilor’s branded products, marketing strategies, service excellence and technical superiority.
Great company
Lense Fabrication (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 5, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Great company to work and grow with,co-workers were great to work with..
Large corporation
Worker (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 25, 2014
Pros: decent supervisors
Cons: long hours
Decent place to work. A lot of long hours. Supervisors are short staffed for all that needs to be done.
very good
Assembler (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLApril 23, 2014
I Learned in unite and harmony with my Co-workers I learned to follow order and intruction
Picker/ packer
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Groveport, OHApril 7, 2014
This company has alot if growth. Great company to work for. If your looking for a job with good pay and benefits apply. Key Never be late for work
Stressful and Fearful workplace
Enterprise Infrastructure Architect (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 10, 2014
Cons: hard to take time off, lots of pressure to keep up with high workload
Essilor as a company does not like IT. They consider it a barely necessary expense that they deal with because they have to.
They don't hire nearly enough people to do the work, then expect the people they do hire to work 80 hours a week to carry the load.

The environment depends entirely on your manager. Some managers are great, some are not.
Wonderful place to work, only left because of relacation.
Data Entry Lead (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: wonderful benefits
Cons: location
Management both inside and outside of the building were wonderful to work with. I really did not want to leave, but the relocation was getting to be too much. I interacted daily with great co-workers and accounts. We would come in and get the work started for the rest of the lab to have work when they came in. Checking printers and fax machines for orders and making sure that all information that was given was accurate and could work with the products requested. The hardest part of the job was the travel. 800 miles per week. Crazy. The best, knowing that I helped customers get the services that they needed and wanted.
ok
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXNovember 25, 2013
This job was a good pay and hours. The only problem i had was that i got termanted over the fact i had to take my son with asthma to the hospital. they didnt let me leave without getting termanited
Sorry Essilor relocated
Laboratory Technician I through III (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 30, 2013
Pros: essilor was all about their employee
Cons: they shut the plant down
Essilor was a excited company to work for. I start at on bottom and worked my way up to a Lab Tech III. The company had growth within the company. We all work together to get the job done.
good place to work
Data entry, prepping, faxing, scanning and filing (Former Employee), USA - OhioOctober 22, 2013
preparing report, typing, faxing, worker wellfare, handling the campany keys, making work batches,

to relate with a lot of people and work as a team

management is excellent

co-workers are very nice

something working at weekends

i enjoy every bit of that job espcially the pay
Great Company
Inspector and Warehouse (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 28, 2013
Pros: benefits
Working as a team to get products inspected and shipped out on a timely bases
Team building
great benefits and advancements
Very Productive and comfortable work enviroment
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 5, 2013
Pros: giving back to the community
Cons: long hours and not enough pay
High quality product being pushed out and meeting daily goals. Ensuring customer satisfaction. Learn how to process lens for clients and learned the different functions of the job to make the business flow. We always worked as a team and looked out for each others well being. The hardest part of the job was working the long hours and standing the whole time with only one break. The most enjoyable thing about the job was just learning the different parts of the business.
Stay away from them in the West Coast!
Laboratory technician (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAJuly 18, 2013
Pros: its a job
Cons: everything you can imagine
I met some very hard working people and everyone receives very poor pay with little to no benefits. Forget about moving up within the company and getting a raise!!

I could not deal with the tedious, mindless work that I was doing and could not comprehend how anyone would want to do this for a living.
Hard company to work for
Optical Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 15, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: management goals
A lot of the upper management did not have optical experience so they did not know how the business worked. The hardest part of my job was trying to understand what upper management wanted and the period of time they expected goals to be reached.
8-10hr days. Mon-Fri sometimes Sat. Morning meeting, then off to Inbound to put-away merchandise, then home.
Stock Service Associate (Former Employee), Groveport, OHMay 11, 2013
Pros: having a job, making good money
Cons: chicago engineer and management raising production numbers so nobody could get them.
Morning meeting, then Ii would get on the cherry picker and get a skid full of merchandise and go down an empty aisle, with an RF scanner, and scan the product into a location.

Was cross-trained in every dept, but put-away was my main dept I reported to.

One 1hr lunch and two 15min breaks.

My co-workers were okay. Management was also okay.

The hardest part about the job was when a Chicago engineer came to look at how Essilor could improve the production numbers, The engineer turned the numbers into a percentage and raised them at the same time, and management never told anyone. People started getting fired and never knew why.

The most enjoyable part of the job was just being in an aisle putting away the material. Nobody could distract you because you were in an aisle by yourself. Sometimes if someone was in the next aisle we would see who could get their pallet of merchandise empty first.
This is the best job I have ever had.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 9, 2013
Pros: excellent work environment, quality people, lots of perks
My experience with this company grew me in many ways. It exposed me to an international culture which I enjoyed very much. Excellent individuals in management and co-workers.