Primary Objective of Position:
To perform customer service and related activities in a professional courteous and reliable manner to ensure customer satisfaction with the company’s products and services. To maintain clear and effective verbal and written communication with customers. Flexibility and cross training is required for this position. There is much to learn in our specific field before efficiency is achieved. Advancement based on attitude, organizational skills, and responsibilities. Computer skill required to take customer orders by phone, fax, email and verify on computer. Also provide backup for other employees during peak load or absentees in other departments.
Major Areas of Accountability: Customer service representative working with customers through multiple line phones, email, website, and fax to solve problems and fulfill needs.
Inputting Customer Orders: Writing customer orders - order entry and processing, price inquiries, calculate shipping costs, enter shipping information, input new customer data. Input product information into multiple computer systems to ensure accurate and timely order fulfillment.
Reviewing Purchase Orders for Accuracy: Review product orders for accuracy and identify problems and issues during customer ordering cycle.
Data Entry: Entering quantities, adjusting prices, and adding or deleting orders in multiple computer systems
Filing: Organizing email, computer and paper files, and records
Problem Solving: Staying on top of deadlines and promised delivery times. Determine nature of issues and problems, determine the most efficient and economical resolution for the company and the customer.
- Planning and organizational skills to coordinate multiple activities, and the ability to adjust to changing priorities
- Communication, professionalism and interpersonal skills to interact with all levels of associates throughout the Company, and with external customers
- High School or equivalent education or at least two years of college or job related experience
- 10 key and typing skills over 40wpm Maintaining 98% accuracy
- Detail oriented Ability to work well in a team environment with interruptions
- Ability to Prioritize/Perform Workflow Under Deadlines
- Experience working with multiple line phone systems
- Excellent computer skills
Pay Rate $10.50-12.50 Depending on qualifications
Casual Small Office
M-F 8:30AM – 5PM
Company in Business 90 Years