Estee Lauder Companies

Estee Lauder Companies Employee Reviews

Excellent place
Senior Program Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 16, 2016
Place offered great work hours around personal emergency needs. Management is very supportive of your objectives. Offers freedom to run with own ideas for resolving issues.
Pros
people
Cons
A fast paced learning environment
Office Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYSeptember 14, 2016
So many aspects to the company and so much to learn. A wonderful environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is the various people you will meet from Scientists to Ph.D's.
Fun workplace, very innovative
Corporate Sales Intern (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYSeptember 14, 2016
Great place to learn, after interning for a year I can say I've mastered the processes used to complete corporate sales tasks. It is volatile while structured keeping it a fun place to be employed.
Fast paced fun goal oriented position
Makeup Artist/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 27, 2016
Wonderful job for 13 years....Able to build rapport/relationships with customers. Intense teaching regarding skincare which is invaluable......
Makeup Artis
Makeup Artist/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 23, 2016
Perform multiples tasks with the ability to pay attention to detail and meet demanding deadlines. Maintain a personal sales and client appoint schedule technique to promote sales. Successfully assisted with the creation of a phone calls to advise for any promotions and give tanks to all the clients.
Big company with a growing opportunity
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  North Hollywood, CAAugust 22, 2016
Love the brands that is carried by Estee Lauder Companies. I currently am the Brand Ambassador for Jo Malone London. I love the events and fun work atmosphere and always working with professionals.
Great products but the company is behind the times
Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 19, 2016
Pay is okay - could be much better. Company is very hierarchical and it's tough to progress. Many people often leave and come back. Benefits are pretty good but hours are long and tech is horrible.
Excellent benefits but little chance for advancement and frequent layoffs
SAP Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJuly 29, 2016
Estée can be a fun company to work for and the benefits are wonderful - free products, company store discounts, summer Friday's where you leave early every Friday and you get the equivalent of 5 additional vacations days between Memorial Day and Labor Day in addition to the standard benefits of health and dental. And they always have a celebration for project completion. But advancement just doesn't happen. Rather than promoting from within, they hire from the outside. And outsourcing is gaining favor over actual employees. If a third part provider is hired, regardless of what they say, employees will be gone. Working three day weekends, doing 5 am conference calls or working overnight for global support gets a lot of lip service but very little actual appreciation is felt. You will have some awesome, dedicated and extremely knowledgeable coworkers.
Pros
Benefits and free products.
Cons
Little promotion from within and frequent layoffs due to outsourcing
Estee Lauder
Fragrance Representative (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PAJuly 19, 2016
Working for the brand is fabulous. Enjoy working with team in showing our products. Helping customers is wonderful and rewarding.
Pros
Flexible hours
great place with lots of oportunity
ED of technical (Current Employee) –  NYJuly 12, 2016
i love to work and grow there. Management is always giving growth and advancement for the staff. It is a great place to work.
Great company
HR Coordinator of Employee Services (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 30, 2016
great company, very lovely and good company to work for. Busy schedule and a lot of work. Super exciting and comfortable environment where people are friendly and kind.
Productive and fun place to work
Office 365 Integrated Engineer (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJune 22, 2016
Estee is a diverse global company with state of the art IT infrastructure. Everyday is a fun day filled with challenges. Time management is what I learnt most. The hardest part of the job is sometimes requirements kept changing which can make a project end date impossible to know.
Pros
Free coffe
Focus focus
Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 16, 2016
Understand the Market and be willing to break the model. Have the same strategy would not work in an ever changing business landscape. Be willing to step outside the box,.
Productive and energetic workplace that allows engagement with customers and satisfying needs
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 31, 2016
Greeting customers as they walk into our store is a key role of my job. We provide the most enjoyable experience and help knowledge our customers to all the products we offer. Knowledge about products is essential in communicating with customers and making sure that their needs are one hundred percent satisfied. Management was wonderful, they provided us with a help desk in case of any emergencies and were flexible to my school schedule. We provided a very strong team, in which we all work together and continue to make our store improve. Having restrictions on what we cannot do with customers was extremely tough when I only wanted to make their experience wonderful. Engaging with a person one-on-one and making sure they are satisfied was one of the greatest feelings.
Pros
Team, appreciation, flexibility in scheduling
Cons
Restrictions
great
Litigation Paralegal (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 29, 2016
Love working here, it is a dynamic environment and the projects are varied. The co-workers are great and the most enjoyable part is working with such caring and intelligent individuals.
Not bad
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 18, 2016
I enjoy my coworkers and the work is interesting enough. Management lacks a clear vision and strategy. There are a lot of redundancies, egos, and lofty aspirations without clarity on how to get from point A to B. In general, our leadership is big on the appearance of self-importance, but too frequently without substance to back it up. And they appear to believe that they are much more highly regarded by the organization than is true. Some would call this behavior delusional.
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
Not much development because your boss is likely incompetent
enjoyable productive company
Assembly/ Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Blaine, MNFebruary 24, 2016
This was a decent place to work for i enjoyed learning about setting up and running the machines in the warehouse, I also enjoyed managing a team of temp workings and assembling with them if need be.
Pros
good advancement opportunity
Cons
working night shift
Excellent company
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 16, 2016
Excellent company and great employees. ELCV has been an amazing experience for me and I am looking forward to the future.
Great brands, long hours, disconnect between levels
Executive Director, Marketing (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 9, 2016
Management changing, more of a CPG company
Long Hours
Prestige brands
Environment varies by brand
Disconnect between senior and lower levels
Productive and friendly atmosphere
Microbiologist I (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYJanuary 12, 2016
A typical day of work starts with a busy morning of required testing and/or analyzing and ends with sufficient research in the afternoon.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Estee Lauder Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2