Estee Lauder Companies

Estee Lauder Companies Employee Reviews in United States

great
Litigation Paralegal (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 29, 2016
Love working here, it is a dynamic environment and the projects are varied. The co-workers are great and the most enjoyable part is working with such caring and intelligent individuals.
Not bad
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 18, 2016
I enjoy my coworkers and the work is interesting enough. Management lacks a clear vision and strategy. There are a lot of redundancies, egos, and lofty aspirations without clarity on how to get from point A to B. In general, our leadership is big on the appearance of self-importance, but too frequently without substance to back it up. And they appear to believe that they are much more highly regarded by the organization than is true. Some would call this behavior delusional.
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
Not much development because your boss is likely incompetent
enjoyable productive company
Assembly/ Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Blaine, MNFebruary 24, 2016
This was a decent place to work for i enjoyed learning about setting up and running the machines in the warehouse, I also enjoyed managing a team of temp workings and assembling with them if need be.
Pros
good advancement opportunity
Cons
working night shift
Excellent company
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 16, 2016
Excellent company and great employees. ELCV has been an amazing experience for me and I am looking forward to the future.
Great brands, long hours, disconnect between levels
Executive Director, Marketing (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 9, 2016
Management changing, more of a CPG company
Long Hours
Prestige brands
Environment varies by brand
Disconnect between senior and lower levels
Productive and friendly atmosphere
Microbiologist I (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYJanuary 12, 2016
A typical day of work starts with a busy morning of required testing and/or analyzing and ends with sufficient research in the afternoon.
Temp Position
Inventory Analyst (Temporary Assignment) (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJanuary 8, 2016
Was in Inventory Control. Visited warehouses on a weekly basis where products were stored and maintain a log of inventory
Easy environment to work in
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJanuary 4, 2016
The people within and around my departments made working in a new environment incredibly easy. My coworkers tested me to bring out the best in my abilities. Everyone was open to questions and always kept their doors open. I learned how to operate in a fast-paced environment and how chaotic it can be during the year-end close of a fiscal year.
Top Notch Employer
Regional Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 30, 2015
The Estee Lauder Companies have the highest respect in their industry for a reason. It is a company that was started by a woman with a vision and that vision was passed on throughout the culture of the companies. They put a high value on the education and development of their employees at all levels that is focused on developing and leveraging the strengths of their employees to improve results.
Great place to start and advance your career, but only on the short term
Financial Analyst - Financial Planning & Analysis (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 4, 2015
The work life balance is pretty great here, but employee development opportunities are very limited and management is very disorganized
Analyst/Procurement OPS/Central Buyer (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYNovember 20, 2015
This company is a great place to work. It provides good benefits and incentives. For instance, employees get 40 and 50 percent off all products in the company store. Products include the following brands: Estee lauder, Clinique, MAC, Bobby Brown, Joe Malone among other. Medical benefits are a plus.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
No room for growth
The Harvard of Luxury Cosmetics
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 19, 2015
Loved my time with the Estee Lauder companies! ELC offers an incredible benefits and compensation package and there are tremendous growth opportunities. Fast paced, fun, rewarding, no two days are ever alike... I highly recommend Estee Lauder to anyone looking for an amazing career in the luxury cosmetics segment.
Pros
salary, benefits, growth opportunities
Big Company that still maintains a family feel
Executive Assistant to SVP/GM International (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 15, 2015
The people are just wonderful and I learned so many new things. The environment really enables growth and open dialog. The company has excellent benefits and perks that just enhance the already great work experience.
As a freelancer my pay was not always payable buy EL. As a freelancer some of the above ratings do not apply.
Freelancer (ABA) (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYNovember 3, 2015
Enjoyed the flexibility
Awesome products
Given opportunity to showcase my artistic ability, was chosen to work as a Make-up Artist for Fashion Night Out New York City.
Managed Department Stores EL Counters, in the absence of a Manager.
Trained new Beauty Advisors on product knowlege
Beware of consumer care
Consumer Care Representatives (Former Employee) –  Bristol, PAOctober 27, 2015
Toxic work environment. This place is a cesspool....It's a culture of nepotism and bigotry. Working hard will not get you ahead in the consumer care department. Those who sleep all day, harass subordinates and make inappropriate/racist comments get promoted. I wouldn't recommend this place if it were the last job on the face of the earth. The managers act like plantation masters
Pros
None worth mentioning
Cons
Everything I can possibly think of
Lawrenceburg store/ horrible
Counter manager (Former Employee) –  LawrenceburgOctober 22, 2015
Management does not train!! Very unhappy atmosphere!! Would not recommend this job to anyone no matter how desperate you are for work! You will never hear a positive word in this store!
Pros
Cons
Management, pay, atmosphere
Great exposure to global cosmetic brands
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 11, 2015
Working at Estee Lauder as a receptionist was great because I got an opportunity to be exposed to many different brands on different floors.
Pros
Exposure to company brands
Scientist (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYOctober 4, 2015
great environment, everyone knows each other, all are friendly. They do lead me which was cruel. Would like to not be a temp for long period of time
Industry-leading company with a strong portfolio of brands
Corporate Marketing (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 1, 2015
Experience here has overall been positive. The employees are typically been very driven and smart across all levels of the organization. Compensation is mediocre for the industry average (especially at the lower levels with less than 7 years experience).
Pros
very good with holidays, unlimited sick days, intelligent employees, a lot of opportunities to move within company
Cons
can be cutthroat
Decent Company. OK salary.
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 30, 2015
No room for growth. Temps are not given a chance to apply for permanent roles. No job security/advancement. Compensation is ok

4.2