Estee Lauder Companies

Estee Lauder Companies Employee Reviews

Only Great if you have a great manager
Education Executive (Former Employee) –  FloridaNovember 30, 2016
The Estee Lauder companies were once great to work for. After many changes in staffing, delivering products that were not innovative, and creating a tough work environment, it became clear that your job would only be enjoyable with a Manager who was fair, and open to your development.
Pros
Bonus, Company Car
Cons
Salary, but expected to work overtime with no incentive, culture, biased high level executives.
Summary
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 4, 2017
Overall: good place to work
Salary: not competitive
Career Planning: non existent, you need to carve opportunities for yourself
Pros: Good work life balance, room for growth
Cons: salary, matrix organization, slow moving
Excellent benefits but little chance for advancement and frequent layoffs
SAP Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJuly 29, 2016
Estée can be a fun company to work for and the benefits are wonderful - free products, company store discounts, summer Friday's where you leave early every Friday and you get the equivalent of 5 additional vacations days between Memorial Day and Labor Day in addition to the standard benefits of health and dental. And they always have a celebration for project completion. But advancement just doesn't happen. Rather than promoting from within, they hire from the outside. And outsourcing is gaining favor over actual employees. If a third part provider is hired, regardless of what they say, employees will be gone. Working three day weekends, doing 5 am conference calls or working overnight for global support gets a lot of lip service but very little actual appreciation is felt. You will have some awesome, dedicated and extremely knowledgeable coworkers.
Pros
Benefits and free products.
Cons
Little promotion from within and frequent layoffs due to outsourcing
Top of the line company. Great culture, great people and great environment.
Executive Assistant to the President (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 27, 2016
It was a pleasure working over 15 years for a company of such caliber and to interact with extraordinary people of all levels worldwide.
Pros
Good benefits and perks. Great environment.
Cons
No significant cons, at least from my personal point of view.
Solid company but bad balance
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYJanuary 18, 2017
Overworked in an uptight environment. It is an older crowd with an old school mentality. Overall the company has good benefits.
Overall ok place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bristol, PASeptember 27, 2016
Compensation and room for advancement and growth is lacking. Company would rather hire outside talent that groom employees within the company. Benefits are really good.
Great products but the company is behind the times
Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 19, 2016
Pay is okay - could be much better. Company is very hierarchical and it's tough to progress. Many people often leave and come back. Benefits are pretty good but hours are long and tech is horrible.
Intense and overly high expectations
Assistant Consultant (Former Employee) –  MississippiNovember 8, 2016
I was a full time college student. I asked for certain times off but was denied. I was also denied bonuses and gifts because I "didn't work enough" to earn the gifts/bonuses. Managers were very rude when I would come into work looking slightly tired but that never effected my sales. Managers and upper management did not take into consideration that associates can only do some much to make the goal for the day/week/month or year.
Great Company to Work For
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 27, 2017
Estee Lauder is a growing company and although well established they are growing and changing with the times but still keep some old traditional values of making sure their customers are happy. It is a family oriented company and as much as they want the best from their employees they want their employees to have a personal life. The workplace is fun and can be hectic so if you have no issues with a rapid pace environment then you'll be fine here.
Great learning opportunity and exposure to industry but inconsistent culture
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 1, 2017
Great respect for senior leadership and values of corporation, although culture at corporate level vs. individual teams not consistent.

Senior managers not always focused on development and growth of team. Can feel more divisive vs. inclusive; very political. Feedback of individuals working on brand side seems to be more positive.
Excellent place
Senior Program Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 16, 2016
Place offered great work hours around personal emergency needs. Management is very supportive of your objectives. Offers freedom to run with own ideas for resolving issues.
Pros
people
Cons
I have been working at Estée Lauder Companies full-time (More than a year)
Chemist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 21, 2016
I have been working at Estée Lauder Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is generous and flexible. It is an innovative workplace that encourages growth.

Cons

There have been many recent changes, in which the atmosphere has moved from a family business to a corporate environment.
It was okay
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYFebruary 16, 2017
The job was fairly easy and the hours were great but unfortunately, it was the kind of job that called you when they needed you. The pay was bad, nobody can survive on the pay rate at all.
Pros
you can pick your shifts
Cons
pay was terrible
Great successful company to work for
Vice-President International (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 10, 2017
Very political, hard to advance without connections. Culture is very tight and getting old fashioned to respond to current business challenges. Needs grasroots changes to continue being successful.
Great place to work!
contractor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 20, 2016
Everyone I've worked with has been kind, creative, passionate and fun. This company nutters advancement for everyone, and their portfolio of brands, gives employees vast options for career growth.
Productive and Goal oriented enviroment.
MAC Certified Makeup Artist (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJanuary 30, 2017
I have been afforded to meet the most amazing people daily,helping them meet their shopping needs, and desired looks. I have learned how to maintain client relationships as well as meet the company's needs consistently. This by far has been a very rewarding company to work for.
Productive and energetic workplace that allows engagement with customers and satisfying needs
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 31, 2016
Greeting customers as they walk into our store is a key role of my job. We provide the most enjoyable experience and help knowledge our customers to all the products we offer. Knowledge about products is essential in communicating with customers and making sure that their needs are one hundred percent satisfied. Management was wonderful, they provided us with a help desk in case of any emergencies and were flexible to my school schedule. We provided a very strong team, in which we all work together and continue to make our store improve. Having restrictions on what we cannot do with customers was extremely tough when I only wanted to make their experience wonderful. Engaging with a person one-on-one and making sure they are satisfied was one of the greatest feelings.
Pros
Team, appreciation, flexibility in scheduling
Cons
Restrictions
Great place to learn and work at
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 9, 2017
Great culture and smart people. Huge consumer packaged goods company with international exposure, allowing you to learn globally the latest trends.
Makeup Artis
Makeup Artist/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 23, 2016
Perform multiples tasks with the ability to pay attention to detail and meet demanding deadlines. Maintain a personal sales and client appoint schedule technique to promote sales. Successfully assisted with the creation of a phone calls to advise for any promotions and give tanks to all the clients.
fun work place
Desktop Technician (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYJanuary 9, 2017
I liked this company and my manager who was very understandable. I got a chance to learn about POINT OF SALES systems and tablets in the retail environment. I have learned a lot.
Pros
training and meetting new people
Cons
I always liked the job...

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Estee Lauder Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2