Estee Lauder Companies Employee Reviews

Has Changed and Not for the Better
Procurement Manager (Current Employee) –  NYC, NYFebruary 23, 2017
After 20+ years the company is going in a direction which makes it hard to get up and go to everyday. They have moved away from a culture that invests and values employees.
It was okay
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYFebruary 16, 2017
The job was fairly easy and the hours were great but unfortunately, it was the kind of job that called you when they needed you. The pay was bad, nobody can survive on the pay rate at all.
Pros
you can pick your shifts
Cons
pay was terrible
Great successful company to work for
Vice-President International (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 10, 2017
Very political, hard to advance without connections. Culture is very tight and getting old fashioned to respond to current business challenges. Needs grasroots changes to continue being successful.
Great learning opportunity and exposure to industry but inconsistent culture
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 1, 2017
Great respect for senior leadership and values of corporation, although culture at corporate level vs. individual teams not consistent.

Senior managers not always focused on development and growth of team. Can feel more divisive vs. inclusive; very political. Feedback of individuals working on brand side seems to be more positive.
Productive and Goal oriented enviroment.
MAC Certified Makeup Artist (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJanuary 30, 2017
I have been afforded to meet the most amazing people daily,helping them meet their shopping needs, and desired looks. I have learned how to maintain client relationships as well as meet the company's needs consistently. This by far has been a very rewarding company to work for.
Great Company to Work For
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 27, 2017
Estee Lauder is a growing company and although well established they are growing and changing with the times but still keep some old traditional values of making sure their customers are happy. It is a family oriented company and as much as they want the best from their employees they want their employees to have a personal life. The workplace is fun and can be hectic so if you have no issues with a rapid pace environment then you'll be fine here.
Loved it!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 19, 2017
This was a temp position but I learned a lot moving around to the different departments. I learned about the different steps needed for bottle designs (perfume) as well as retail store development.
Solid company but bad balance
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYJanuary 18, 2017
Overworked in an uptight environment. It is an older crowd with an old school mentality. Overall the company has good benefits.
Great place to learn and work at
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 9, 2017
Great culture and smart people. Huge consumer packaged goods company with international exposure, allowing you to learn globally the latest trends.
fun work place
Desktop Technician (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYJanuary 9, 2017
I liked this company and my manager who was very understandable. I got a chance to learn about POINT OF SALES systems and tablets in the retail environment. I have learned a lot.
Pros
training and meetting new people
Cons
I always liked the job...
Summary
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 4, 2017
Overall: good place to work
Salary: not competitive
Career Planning: non existent, you need to carve opportunities for yourself
Pros: Good work life balance, room for growth
Cons: salary, matrix organization, slow moving
Very Flexible
Esthetician/Makeup Artist (Current Employee) –  Sacramento and Bay AreaDecember 29, 2016
I've worked with for this company for many years and in multiple areas. They are always willing to work with you if your schedule or location changes. Great training and great managers.
Top of the line company. Great culture, great people and great environment.
Executive Assistant to the President (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 27, 2016
It was a pleasure working over 15 years for a company of such caliber and to interact with extraordinary people of all levels worldwide.
Pros
Good benefits and perks. Great environment.
Cons
No significant cons, at least from my personal point of view.
Great opportunity
Promotional Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VADecember 19, 2016
As a PC it is a very flexible position. My only one con is I wish we had more hours but I love everything else. Sharing the knowledge of the products is highly rewarding.
Only Great if you have a great manager
Education Executive (Former Employee) –  FloridaNovember 30, 2016
The Estee Lauder companies were once great to work for. After many changes in staffing, delivering products that were not innovative, and creating a tough work environment, it became clear that your job would only be enjoyable with a Manager who was fair, and open to your development.
Pros
Bonus, Company Car
Cons
Salary, but expected to work overtime with no incentive, culture, biased high level executives.
Intense and overly high expectations
Assistant Consultant (Former Employee) –  MississippiNovember 8, 2016
I was a full time college student. I asked for certain times off but was denied. I was also denied bonuses and gifts because I "didn't work enough" to earn the gifts/bonuses. Managers were very rude when I would come into work looking slightly tired but that never effected my sales. Managers and upper management did not take into consideration that associates can only do some much to make the goal for the day/week/month or year.
Productive and friendly workspace.
Fl - Online Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLNovember 7, 2016
Working for Estee Lauder was an amazing experience! I was constantly working on ways to better myself and learn more about the the company. Great job to have and you can move up in position very quickly.
Great place to work!
contractor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 20, 2016
Everyone I've worked with has been kind, creative, passionate and fun. This company nutters advancement for everyone, and their portfolio of brands, gives employees vast options for career growth.
Fun and fast paced
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Marysville, WAOctober 14, 2016
Its an awesome place to work. The atmosphere is fun and rest of the staff are super helpful. You get to play with make-up and you get first pick on new stock.
Pros
Great discounts
Cons
You work every weekend and most holidays
Overall ok place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bristol, PASeptember 27, 2016
Compensation and room for advancement and growth is lacking. Company would rather hire outside talent that groom employees within the company. Benefits are really good.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Estee Lauder Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2