Estee Lauder Companies

Estee Lauder Companies Employee Reviews in United States

The Harvard of Luxury Cosmetics
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 19, 2015
Loved my time with the Estee Lauder companies! ELC offers an incredible benefits and compensation package and there are tremendous growth opportunities. Fast paced, fun, rewarding, no two days are ever alike... I highly recommend Estee Lauder to anyone looking for an amazing career in the luxury cosmetics segment.
Pros
salary, benefits, growth opportunities
Analyst/Procurement OPS/Central Buyer (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYNovember 20, 2015
This company is a great place to work. It provides good benefits and incentives. For instance, employees get 40 and 50 percent off all products in the company store. Products include the following brands: Estee lauder, Clinique, MAC, Bobby Brown, Joe Malone among other. Medical benefits are a plus.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
No room for growth
Big Company that still maintains a family feel
Executive Assistant to SVP/GM International (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 15, 2015
The people are just wonderful and I learned so many new things. The environment really enables growth and open dialog. The company has excellent benefits and perks that just enhance the already great work experience.
Industry-leading company with a strong portfolio of brands
Corporate Marketing (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 1, 2015
Experience here has overall been positive. The employees are typically been very driven and smart across all levels of the organization. Compensation is mediocre for the industry average (especially at the lower levels with less than 7 years experience).
Pros
very good with holidays, unlimited sick days, intelligent employees, a lot of opportunities to move within company
Cons
can be cutthroat
Fast paced company with multiple opportunities. Several locations with jobs ranging from entry level to executive management.
Director New Launch Management (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 16, 2015
Diverse Culture
World-wide opportunities
Vast educational benefits
Well educated staff
Community advocate for Breast Cancer Awareness
Pros
Multiple Brands to work with
Cons
No work - job balance
Productive and energetic workplace that allows engagement with customers and satisfying needs
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 31, 2016
Greeting customers as they walk into our store is a key role of my job. We provide the most enjoyable experience and help knowledge our customers to all the products we offer. Knowledge about products is essential in communicating with customers and making sure that their needs are one hundred percent satisfied. Management was wonderful, they provided us with a help desk in case of any emergencies and were flexible to my school schedule. We provided a very strong team, in which we all work together and continue to make our store improve. Having restrictions on what we cannot do with customers was extremely tough when I only wanted to make their experience wonderful. Engaging with a person one-on-one and making sure they are satisfied was one of the greatest feelings.
Pros
Team, appreciation, flexibility in scheduling
Cons
Restrictions
Not bad
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 18, 2016
I enjoy my coworkers and the work is interesting enough. Management lacks a clear vision and strategy. There are a lot of redundancies, egos, and lofty aspirations without clarity on how to get from point A to B. In general, our leadership is big on the appearance of self-importance, but too frequently without substance to back it up. And they appear to believe that they are much more highly regarded by the organization than is true. Some would call this behavior delusional.
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
Not much development because your boss is likely incompetent
Decent Company. OK salary.
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 30, 2015
No room for growth. Temps are not given a chance to apply for permanent roles. No job security/advancement. Compensation is ok
Great brands, long hours, disconnect between levels
Executive Director, Marketing (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 9, 2016
Management changing, more of a CPG company
Long Hours
Prestige brands
Environment varies by brand
Disconnect between senior and lower levels
Traditional US Company
Supply Chain Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bristol, PASeptember 29, 2015
Reasonable pay and benefits but don't expect much. Also, the marketing department is always the most prestigious child of the company.
Global Culture
Vice President, Global Business Planning (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 14, 2015
A great company with a strong global culture starting from the Global Brands. The manage the brand from a global perspective, primarily from their New York Corporate office.

Global roles require a fair amount of travel to Europe or Asia, which can be exciting since it is normally to some of the best cities in the those regions like Paris and Hong Kong where their Regional Offices are located.

Exciting company with a lot of product launches per season and year which will keep you humble as you can get winners and losers every time.
Pros
Travel to nice destinations, exposure to many best practices and talented leaders.
Cons
long hours, often its long travel, peak periods.
Great place to start and advance your career, but only on the short term
Financial Analyst - Financial Planning & Analysis (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 4, 2015
The work life balance is pretty great here, but employee development opportunities are very limited and management is very disorganized
enjoyable productive company
Assembly/ Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Blaine, MNFebruary 24, 2016
This was a decent place to work for i enjoyed learning about setting up and running the machines in the warehouse, I also enjoyed managing a team of temp workings and assembling with them if need be.
Pros
good advancement opportunity
Cons
working night shift
Productive and fun place to work
Office 365 Integrated Engineer (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJune 22, 2016
Estee is a diverse global company with state of the art IT infrastructure. Everyday is a fun day filled with challenges. Time management is what I learnt most. The hardest part of the job is sometimes requirements kept changing which can make a project end date impossible to know.
Pros
Free coffe
Accelerating Family Run Business
Finance (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 7, 2015
Although this is a public company, it's still a family run business. Many of senior management have been around for 30 years. Company is on a great trajectory.
Pros
Great benefits, healthcare, products
Cons
Hard to advance
Clinique Business Manager
Clinique Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 14, 2015
The worst paying job I have ever held. I moved our team from No.6 to No.1 in sales for our district. I never received the bonus promised and since I was salary...my hours averaged 50-55 a week making only 29k annually.
So much is expected from you by upper management for this position. Sounds glamorous and fun...NOT
Pros
make up discounts
Cons
upper management, long hours, low pay and lousy benefits
A good place to work
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 23, 2014
Overall, ELC is a good place to work but it really depends on your department and who the leader of that department is. Depending on who they are, you can advance or not advance and your the office culture/ your work/life balance would be dependent on it. It is a good company to have on your resume and start out but for the younger workforce (millennials), it is hard to advance because HR has so many rules and they really just work on advancing Directors above. Anyone under the Director level can be pigeon-holed unless you work for certain executives in the company who really will help you advance much quicker.
Pros
good company and benefits
Cons
flexibility in work life balanace
Good company to work for. Values their employees
Featured makeup artist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 26, 2015
Fun work enviorment with upbeat people. Very generous with gratis and flexible work schedule with excellent pay. Although there was a lot of traveling with this job the compensation was great!!.
Pros
free lunch and product
Cons
standing long hours
Productive Beauty Advisor
Macy's Herald Square (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 10, 2015
Meeting and making a connection with the customers. I helped customers in their concerns to beauty and skin care. I did a counter goal as well as an individual goal. I am a certified makeup artist for Estee Lauder, in which appointments were made and makeup tutorials were done.
Pros
The gratis
Cons
Health Benefits
Good company to work for
Special Events Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 12, 2015
Although you sometimes get into a place where you feel stuck, ELC is a great company to work for. The benefits are great, the employees are great to work for and with. My only challenge is moving up in the company.
Pros
Product testing, office life, perks of the industry
Cons
Not being able to move up in the company

4.2