Estee Lauder Companies Employee Reviews in United States

Not bad
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 18, 2016
I enjoy my coworkers and the work is interesting enough. Management lacks a clear vision and strategy. There are a lot of redundancies, egos, and lofty aspirations without clarity on how to get from point A to B. In general, our leadership is big on the appearance of self-importance, but too frequently without substance to back it up. And they appear to believe that they are much more highly regarded by the organization than is true. Some would call this behavior delusional.
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
Not much development because your boss is likely incompetent
Great brands, long hours, disconnect between levels
Executive Director, Marketing (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 9, 2016
Management changing, more of a CPG company
Long Hours
Prestige brands
Environment varies by brand
Disconnect between senior and lower levels
The Harvard of Luxury Cosmetics
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 19, 2015
Loved my time with the Estee Lauder companies! ELC offers an incredible benefits and compensation package and there are tremendous growth opportunities. Fast paced, fun, rewarding, no two days are ever alike... I highly recommend Estee Lauder to anyone looking for an amazing career in the luxury cosmetics segment.
Pros
salary, benefits, growth opportunities
Global Culture
Vice President, Global Business Planning (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 14, 2015
A great company with a strong global culture starting from the Global Brands. The manage the brand from a global perspective, primarily from their New York Corporate office.

Global roles require a fair amount of travel to Europe or Asia, which can be exciting since it is normally to some of the best cities in the those regions like Paris and Hong Kong where their Regional Offices are located.

Exciting company with a lot of product launches per season and year which will keep you humble as you can get winners and losers every time.
Pros
Travel to nice destinations, exposure to many best practices and talented leaders.
Cons
long hours, often its long travel, peak periods.
Great place to start and advance your career, but only on the short term
Financial Analyst - Financial Planning & Analysis (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 4, 2015
The work life balance is pretty great here, but employee development opportunities are very limited and management is very disorganized
Productive and energetic workplace that allows engagement with customers and satisfying needs
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 31, 2016
Greeting customers as they walk into our store is a key role of my job. We provide the most enjoyable experience and help knowledge our customers to all the products we offer. Knowledge about products is essential in communicating with customers and making sure that their needs are one hundred percent satisfied. Management was wonderful, they provided us with a help desk in case of any emergencies and were flexible to my school schedule. We provided a very strong team, in which we all work together and continue to make our store improve. Having restrictions on what we cannot do with customers was extremely tough when I only wanted to make their experience wonderful. Engaging with a person one-on-one and making sure they are satisfied was one of the greatest feelings.
Pros
Team, appreciation, flexibility in scheduling
Cons
Restrictions
Challenging and rewarding retail opportunity.
Supervisor/ Key-holder Full Time (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAMay 9, 2015
I enjoy a positive work environment. That allows me to interact with customers from all over the world. The store location I am employed at is in a high tourist location with a large influx of customers from various cultures. I enjoy a great working relationship with my management team as well as my co-workers. Sometimes the hardiest part of the job is the best part, in that at times interacting with international customers can be both rewarding and challenging. My only regret at my current job is that there is limited room for advancement.
Pros
Great management team and work environment.
Cons
Limited advancement opportunities
Top Notch Employer
Regional Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 30, 2015
The Estee Lauder Companies have the highest respect in their industry for a reason. It is a company that was started by a woman with a vision and that vision was passed on throughout the culture of the companies. They put a high value on the education and development of their employees at all levels that is focused on developing and leveraging the strengths of their employees to improve results.
enjoyable productive company
Assembly/ Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Blaine, MNFebruary 24, 2016
This was a decent place to work for i enjoyed learning about setting up and running the machines in the warehouse, I also enjoyed managing a team of temp workings and assembling with them if need be.
Pros
good advancement opportunity
Cons
working night shift
Fast paced company with multiple opportunities. Several locations with jobs ranging from entry level to executive management.
Director New Launch Management (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 16, 2015
Diverse Culture
World-wide opportunities
Vast educational benefits
Well educated staff
Community advocate for Breast Cancer Awareness
Pros
Multiple Brands to work with
Cons
No work - job balance
Beware of consumer care
Consumer Care Representatives (Former Employee) –  Bristol, PAOctober 27, 2015
Toxic work environment. This place is a cesspool....It's a culture of nepotism and bigotry. Working hard will not get you ahead in the consumer care department. Those who sleep all day, harass subordinates and make inappropriate/racist comments get promoted. I wouldn't recommend this place if it were the last job on the face of the earth. The managers act like plantation masters
Pros
None worth mentioning
Cons
Everything I can possibly think of
Decent Company. OK salary.
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 30, 2015
No room for growth. Temps are not given a chance to apply for permanent roles. No job security/advancement. Compensation is ok
Analyst/Procurement OPS/Central Buyer (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYNovember 20, 2015
This company is a great place to work. It provides good benefits and incentives. For instance, employees get 40 and 50 percent off all products in the company store. Products include the following brands: Estee lauder, Clinique, MAC, Bobby Brown, Joe Malone among other. Medical benefits are a plus.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
No room for growth
Big Company that still maintains a family feel
Executive Assistant to SVP/GM International (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 15, 2015
The people are just wonderful and I learned so many new things. The environment really enables growth and open dialog. The company has excellent benefits and perks that just enhance the already great work experience.
Industry-leading company with a strong portfolio of brands
Corporate Marketing (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 1, 2015
Experience here has overall been positive. The employees are typically been very driven and smart across all levels of the organization. Compensation is mediocre for the industry average (especially at the lower levels with less than 7 years experience).
Pros
very good with holidays, unlimited sick days, intelligent employees, a lot of opportunities to move within company
Cons
can be cutthroat
A good place to work
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 23, 2014
Overall, ELC is a good place to work but it really depends on your department and who the leader of that department is. Depending on who they are, you can advance or not advance and your the office culture/ your work/life balance would be dependent on it. It is a good company to have on your resume and start out but for the younger workforce (millennials), it is hard to advance because HR has so many rules and they really just work on advancing Directors above. Anyone under the Director level can be pigeon-holed unless you work for certain executives in the company who really will help you advance much quicker.
Pros
good company and benefits
Cons
flexibility in work life balanace
Productive and fun place to work
Office 365 Integrated Engineer (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJune 22, 2016
Estee is a diverse global company with state of the art IT infrastructure. Everyday is a fun day filled with challenges. Time management is what I learnt most. The hardest part of the job is sometimes requirements kept changing which can make a project end date impossible to know.
Pros
Free coffe
Clinique Business Manager
Clinique Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 14, 2015
The worst paying job I have ever held. I moved our team from No.6 to No.1 in sales for our district. I never received the bonus promised and since I was salary...my hours averaged 50-55 a week making only 29k annually.
So much is expected from you by upper management for this position. Sounds glamorous and fun...NOT
Pros
make up discounts
Cons
upper management, long hours, low pay and lousy benefits
Nice place to work if advancement is not a priority
Internal Control Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 16, 2015
Nice place to work. While a public company still operating as family owned. If you are connected with someone at the family or someone connected to the family you will be OK. If not, your career is a gamble at the mercy of your supervisor. HR does not get involved in anything but hiring.
Pros
Free cosmetics and fun stuff
Cons
Departments in SILOs like independent republics
great
Litigation Paralegal (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 29, 2016
Love working here, it is a dynamic environment and the projects are varied. The co-workers are great and the most enjoyable part is working with such caring and intelligent individuals.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Estee Lauder Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2