Estee Lauder Companies

Estee Lauder Companies Employee Reviews

Very Rewarding Experience
Account Executive Estee Lauder (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 10, 2014
As an Account Executive was responsible for 22 stores, 60 employees and sales of $10M. Primary role was to exceed sales plan through the development of my team. Hiring and retaining top talent was key. Responsible for inventory and budgets. Developing strong retail partnerships was invaluable and accomplished this through building trust and owner ship of the business. A typical day was traveling to two stores in either NY, NJ, CT or PA. Meeting with store management to negotiate additional hours, space and location.Coaching and developing the team. I had excellent relationships with my peers and management. The most difficult part of the job was on boarding new buyers. The most enjoyable was exceeding sales expectations.
Pros
free lunches, company car and cell service
A great place to work.
Business Manager/Mentor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 17, 2014
Meet with Store Manager and share what will be my plan for the day during my visit at the store. Discuss the sales performance of each member of the counter and compare their results with the competitors. One on One coaching conversation and development plan to achieve all the expectations.
Role play the best selling techniques to maximize results and great customer service experience.

I learned that CONSISTENCY is the key of success, specially in the retail environment. How to conduct meetings and trainings.
Manage budget for special events and daily basis. I learned so much from each one of my co-workers. Great communication, excellent relationship. It was an amazing experience and a great opportunity to learn how to manage your own business.
Pros
free products!
Global Culture
Vice President, Global Business Planning (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 14, 2015
A great company with a strong global culture starting from the Global Brands. The manage the brand from a global perspective, primarily from their New York Corporate office.

Global roles require a fair amount of travel to Europe or Asia, which can be exciting since it is normally to some of the best cities in the those regions like Paris and Hong Kong where their Regional Offices are located.

Exciting company with a lot of product launches per season and year which will keep you humble as you can get winners and losers every time.
Pros
Travel to nice destinations, exposure to many best practices and talented leaders.
Cons
long hours, often its long travel, peak periods.
A fantastic company to work for!
Manager, Global Product Development - Marketing (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 17, 2013
While a typical day can be busy, you do have time to plan and build strategies. It is a great place to learn about collaboration and cross-functional team work. Management is strong and your co-workers all come from a fantastic pool of talents, backgrounds and skills. You could say that the company can be political, but which company isn't? It's better to learn how to play the game early on for a successful and highly rewarding career. This company gives you many great opportunities to learn, to grow and professionally develop as well as to work in different areas and travel.
productive sales
Origins Counter Manager (Current Employee) –  fayettevilleOctober 7, 2013
-I arrive at Estee Lauder and throughout my work day I keep an upbeat attitude and assist and advise customers in skin care and make up products.
-I have learned to achieve sales goals with in a shift, I have also learned to tailor my sales pitches for each individual customer.
-Not only do I manage my sales goals but I also take daily inventory of products
-We are a great team and I enjoy coming to work everyday.
-The hardest part about the job is not having as many working hours as I wish to have in my position.
- Seeing the satisfaction from my clients with their new products.
Estee Lauder is the best company! I really enjoyed the work that I preformed as a PM.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 11, 2015
A typical day at work would be following up on all the projects that were assigned to me to see where we stand on the schedule and
budget.I'v learned to be flexable and to treat everyone with respect. I enjoyed working with management and my co-workers were talented and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the day was not being able to put down the phone to answer questions concerning the
my projects. The most enjoyable part of the day was recognition from a client for a job well done!
An Excellent Entry Level Position
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 18, 2014
This is a wonderful work place, if you're interested in branching out to Human Resources and or IT. A typical day will have much calendar management for senior level staff, light travel management and occasional run for lunches. My co-workers are very polite and helpful (a huge perk to working here). The only challenge is working an entry level position (Clerk fashioned duties) when you've been working as an Executive Assistant for many years. It's really a good job for a college or Junior Assistant. Overall a very nice place to work.
Pros
pleasant work environment
Cons
entry level role
Executives are allowed to get away with behavior that would be unacceptable by most corporate standards.
Director of Marketing (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 8, 2014
While I learned a lot about the cosmetic & fragrance industry during my tenure at the Estee Lauder Companies, I became very burnt out and unmotivated at the end of my time there. It was a 24/7 job that did not leave much time for anything else. Upper management was lacking interpersonal skills and at times were very demeaning to employees. This is not a place that is good at developing employees.
Day At Work
Director (Current Employee) –  Bristol PAApril 24, 2015
A typical day at work is fast paced with daily firefighting drills to protect business objectives. There are multiple cross functional meetings during the day. I'm a supply chain problem solver with direct responsibility for the development and coaching of team on professional and business situations. I bring the best balance solution to the company and internal/external business partners on a daily basis. I'm a supply chain executive that quickly aligns tactical efforts to strategic initiatives to support sustainable business growth.
Pros
Strong "family and work" balance is easily achieved
Cons
Less mature supply chain environment
no room for growth. dead end call center. a revolving door. only nepotism will get you ahead
Consumer Response Representative (Current Employee) –  Bristol, PAFebruary 12, 2015
A typical day at work is much like that of a robot. Although we take calls for 30 different brands, little product training is provided. Management is one big clique. A recently promoted manager has a history with human resources for making racist comments.
Pros
free product. generous discount
Cons
short lunch breaks. micromanagement. no room for growth. alot of nepotism
Fun and exciting workplace
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Bristol, PAMay 6, 2014
Packing receiving in a distribution warehouse.
I've learned the in's and out's of the warehouse industry and would like to take the knowledge and skills that I've learned and utilize it. The management was very supportive at the organization. The hardest part of the job was waking up so early in the morning, but after awhile, I began to get used to it.
Pros
work evaluation and raises every three months
Cons
had to travel a long to get to work everyday
Former Employee
Beauty Guide (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIApril 26, 2014
Your just a sales number not a individual. There not much room for advancement the pay is not the best and barely average for the cosmetics world. Cooperate doesn't not care about you as an employee just the sales you make. Great gratis and fellow co workers though. Hardest part of the job was making the daily sales goal.
Pros
free products (gratis), great co-workers, scheduling is decent days/hours
Cons
above management sucks, all about sales, no employee appreciation, not much room for advancement
Driven Team and Smart Culture
Associate (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYNovember 19, 2014
Estee is filled with ambitious and intelligent people. Most employees have been there for a VERY LONG time and will tell you it is an amazing place to work. As a younger employee, I find the culture lacking and the dynamics a bit dull. Management and the co-workers are great, but the company should lighten the place up with a newer facility and a more fun/attractive culture.
Pros
people, pay
Cons
culture
Productive, fun place to work.
Digital Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 19, 2013
I worked with amazing minds at Estee Lauder. I felt like I was apart of the team at all times, attending all meetings and having a say in certain projects/ideas. My mentors there were extremely hard working and driven in their work. It made coming to work exciting.
Pros
occasionally free lunches, casual work environment, caring co-workers
Cons
none.
Nice place to work if advancement is not a priority
Internal Control Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 16, 2015
Nice place to work. While a public company still operating as family owned. If you are connected with someone at the family or someone connected to the family you will be OK. If not, your career is a gamble at the mercy of your supervisor. HR does not get involved in anything but hiring.
Pros
Free cosmetics and fun stuff
Cons
Departments in SILOs like independent republics
A typical day
STORE DESIGNER MANAGER / CLINIQUE DIVISION (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 30, 2015
STORE DESIGNER MANAGER FOR THE AMERICAS CONTINENT
/ CLINIQUE DIVISION
Received a space a location from any part of the America continent and design it
Great to design an image the everyone is going to see .
The input of the design comes out in the sales of the product
Great days!
free CLINIQUE creams
Sad the my office +7 floor of this company had to close due to 9/11
Pros
travel, great people to work with
Cons
Industry-leading company with a strong portfolio of brands
Corporate Marketing (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 1, 2015
Experience here has overall been positive. The employees are typically been very driven and smart across all levels of the organization. Compensation is mediocre for the industry average (especially at the lower levels with less than 7 years experience).
Pros
very good with holidays, unlimited sick days, intelligent employees, a lot of opportunities to move within company
Cons
can be cutthroat
A learning experience everyday.
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYMay 16, 2015
A typical day consists of ordering supplies for the HR suite, mandating the phone for the entire department. I handle booking the main conference room in the building, scheduling appointments for the HR generalist, opening requisitions and auditing confidential performance evaluation forms for my manager as well.
Pros
Incentives, movie tickets, cosmetics, summer Fridays.
Cons
Constant change and movement within the company.
It has been great. There are opportunities to grow within the Corporation .
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYAugust 24, 2012
The company provides great benefits. It is a stable company that is doing well in this economy. There are frequently job posting allowing for an individual to grow in experience. They also provide a fair amount of vacation days and summer friday's.
Pros
great oppotunity to move among the brands.
Cons
pay scale is low compared to our competitors
As a freelancer my pay was not always payable buy EL. As a freelancer some of the above ratings do not apply.
Freelancer (ABA) (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYNovember 3, 2015
Enjoyed the flexibility
Awesome products
Given opportunity to showcase my artistic ability, was chosen to work as a Make-up Artist for Fashion Night Out New York City.
Managed Department Stores EL Counters, in the absence of a Manager.
Trained new Beauty Advisors on product knowlege