Estee Lauder Companies Employee Reviews in United States

Estee Lauder
Fragrance Representative (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PAJuly 19, 2016
Working for the brand is fabulous. Enjoy working with team in showing our products. Helping customers is wonderful and rewarding.
Pros
Flexible hours
great place with lots of oportunity
ED of technical (Current Employee) –  NYJuly 12, 2016
i love to work and grow there. Management is always giving growth and advancement for the staff. It is a great place to work.
Great company
HR Coordinator of Employee Services (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 30, 2016
great company, very lovely and good company to work for. Busy schedule and a lot of work. Super exciting and comfortable environment where people are friendly and kind.
Productive and fun place to work
Office 365 Integrated Engineer (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJune 22, 2016
Estee is a diverse global company with state of the art IT infrastructure. Everyday is a fun day filled with challenges. Time management is what I learnt most. The hardest part of the job is sometimes requirements kept changing which can make a project end date impossible to know.
Pros
Free coffe
Focus focus
Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 16, 2016
Understand the Market and be willing to break the model. Have the same strategy would not work in an ever changing business landscape. Be willing to step outside the box,.
Productive and energetic workplace that allows engagement with customers and satisfying needs
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 31, 2016
Greeting customers as they walk into our store is a key role of my job. We provide the most enjoyable experience and help knowledge our customers to all the products we offer. Knowledge about products is essential in communicating with customers and making sure that their needs are one hundred percent satisfied. Management was wonderful, they provided us with a help desk in case of any emergencies and were flexible to my school schedule. We provided a very strong team, in which we all work together and continue to make our store improve. Having restrictions on what we cannot do with customers was extremely tough when I only wanted to make their experience wonderful. Engaging with a person one-on-one and making sure they are satisfied was one of the greatest feelings.
Pros
Team, appreciation, flexibility in scheduling
Cons
Restrictions
great
Litigation Paralegal (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 29, 2016
Love working here, it is a dynamic environment and the projects are varied. The co-workers are great and the most enjoyable part is working with such caring and intelligent individuals.
Not bad
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 18, 2016
I enjoy my coworkers and the work is interesting enough. Management lacks a clear vision and strategy. There are a lot of redundancies, egos, and lofty aspirations without clarity on how to get from point A to B. In general, our leadership is big on the appearance of self-importance, but too frequently without substance to back it up. And they appear to believe that they are much more highly regarded by the organization than is true. Some would call this behavior delusional.
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
Not much development because your boss is likely incompetent
enjoyable productive company
Assembly/ Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Blaine, MNFebruary 24, 2016
This was a decent place to work for i enjoyed learning about setting up and running the machines in the warehouse, I also enjoyed managing a team of temp workings and assembling with them if need be.
Pros
good advancement opportunity
Cons
working night shift
Excellent company
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 16, 2016
Excellent company and great employees. ELCV has been an amazing experience for me and I am looking forward to the future.
Great brands, long hours, disconnect between levels
Executive Director, Marketing (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 9, 2016
Management changing, more of a CPG company
Long Hours
Prestige brands
Environment varies by brand
Disconnect between senior and lower levels
Productive and friendly atmosphere
Microbiologist I (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYJanuary 12, 2016
A typical day of work starts with a busy morning of required testing and/or analyzing and ends with sufficient research in the afternoon.
Temp Position
Inventory Analyst (Temporary Assignment) (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJanuary 8, 2016
Was in Inventory Control. Visited warehouses on a weekly basis where products were stored and maintain a log of inventory
Easy environment to work in
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJanuary 4, 2016
The people within and around my departments made working in a new environment incredibly easy. My coworkers tested me to bring out the best in my abilities. Everyone was open to questions and always kept their doors open. I learned how to operate in a fast-paced environment and how chaotic it can be during the year-end close of a fiscal year.
Top Notch Employer
Regional Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 30, 2015
The Estee Lauder Companies have the highest respect in their industry for a reason. It is a company that was started by a woman with a vision and that vision was passed on throughout the culture of the companies. They put a high value on the education and development of their employees at all levels that is focused on developing and leveraging the strengths of their employees to improve results.
Great place to start and advance your career, but only on the short term
Financial Analyst - Financial Planning & Analysis (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 4, 2015
The work life balance is pretty great here, but employee development opportunities are very limited and management is very disorganized
Analyst/Procurement OPS/Central Buyer (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYNovember 20, 2015
This company is a great place to work. It provides good benefits and incentives. For instance, employees get 40 and 50 percent off all products in the company store. Products include the following brands: Estee lauder, Clinique, MAC, Bobby Brown, Joe Malone among other. Medical benefits are a plus.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
No room for growth
The Harvard of Luxury Cosmetics
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 19, 2015
Loved my time with the Estee Lauder companies! ELC offers an incredible benefits and compensation package and there are tremendous growth opportunities. Fast paced, fun, rewarding, no two days are ever alike... I highly recommend Estee Lauder to anyone looking for an amazing career in the luxury cosmetics segment.
Pros
salary, benefits, growth opportunities
Big Company that still maintains a family feel
Executive Assistant to SVP/GM International (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 15, 2015
The people are just wonderful and I learned so many new things. The environment really enables growth and open dialog. The company has excellent benefits and perks that just enhance the already great work experience.
As a freelancer my pay was not always payable buy EL. As a freelancer some of the above ratings do not apply.
Freelancer (ABA) (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYNovember 3, 2015
Enjoyed the flexibility
Awesome products
Given opportunity to showcase my artistic ability, was chosen to work as a Make-up Artist for Fashion Night Out New York City.
Managed Department Stores EL Counters, in the absence of a Manager.
Trained new Beauty Advisors on product knowlege