Estee Lauder Companies Employee Reviews in United States

Lawrenceburg store/ horrible
Counter manager (Former Employee) –  LawrenceburgOctober 22, 2015
Management does not train!! Very unhappy atmosphere!! Would not recommend this job to anyone no matter how desperate you are for work! You will never hear a positive word in this store!
Pros
Cons
Management, pay, atmosphere
Great exposure to global cosmetic brands
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 11, 2015
Working at Estee Lauder as a receptionist was great because I got an opportunity to be exposed to many different brands on different floors.
Pros
Exposure to company brands
Scientist (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYOctober 4, 2015
great environment, everyone knows each other, all are friendly. They do lead me which was cruel. Would like to not be a temp for long period of time
Industry-leading company with a strong portfolio of brands
Corporate Marketing (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 1, 2015
Experience here has overall been positive. The employees are typically been very driven and smart across all levels of the organization. Compensation is mediocre for the industry average (especially at the lower levels with less than 7 years experience).
Pros
very good with holidays, unlimited sick days, intelligent employees, a lot of opportunities to move within company
Cons
can be cutthroat
Decent Company. OK salary.
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 30, 2015
No room for growth. Temps are not given a chance to apply for permanent roles. No job security/advancement. Compensation is ok
Traditional US Company
Supply Chain Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bristol, PASeptember 29, 2015
Reasonable pay and benefits but don't expect much. Also, the marketing department is always the most prestigious child of the company.
Nice place to work if advancement is not a priority
Internal Control Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 16, 2015
Nice place to work. While a public company still operating as family owned. If you are connected with someone at the family or someone connected to the family you will be OK. If not, your career is a gamble at the mercy of your supervisor. HR does not get involved in anything but hiring.
Pros
Free cosmetics and fun stuff
Cons
Departments in SILOs like independent republics
Fast paced company with multiple opportunities. Several locations with jobs ranging from entry level to executive management.
Director New Launch Management (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 16, 2015
Diverse Culture
World-wide opportunities
Vast educational benefits
Well educated staff
Community advocate for Breast Cancer Awareness
Pros
Multiple Brands to work with
Cons
No work - job balance
Global Culture
Vice President, Global Business Planning (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 14, 2015
A great company with a strong global culture starting from the Global Brands. The manage the brand from a global perspective, primarily from their New York Corporate office.

Global roles require a fair amount of travel to Europe or Asia, which can be exciting since it is normally to some of the best cities in the those regions like Paris and Hong Kong where their Regional Offices are located.

Exciting company with a lot of product launches per season and year which will keep you humble as you can get winners and losers every time.
Pros
Travel to nice destinations, exposure to many best practices and talented leaders.
Cons
long hours, often its long travel, peak periods.
Fun place to work
chemist (Current Employee) –  melvilleAugust 19, 2015
It is a nice place to work and there is a lot of information to learn. There is a nice environment and the people are all friendly and pleasant to work with.
Accelerating Family Run Business
Finance (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 7, 2015
Although this is a public company, it's still a family run business. Many of senior management have been around for 30 years. Company is on a great trajectory.
Pros
Great benefits, healthcare, products
Cons
Hard to advance
A typical day
STORE DESIGNER MANAGER / CLINIQUE DIVISION (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 30, 2015
STORE DESIGNER MANAGER FOR THE AMERICAS CONTINENT
/ CLINIQUE DIVISION
Received a space a location from any part of the America continent and design it
Great to design an image the everyone is going to see .
The input of the design comes out in the sales of the product
Great days!
free CLINIQUE creams
Sad the my office +7 floor of this company had to close due to 9/11
Pros
travel, great people to work with
Love working for ELC
Regional Education Executive (Current Employee) –  NJJune 16, 2015
I have made lifetime friends, learned life lessons, worked hard for results. The extra benefits are great including the discount.
Productive Beauty Advisor
Macy's Herald Square (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 10, 2015
Meeting and making a connection with the customers. I helped customers in their concerns to beauty and skin care. I did a counter goal as well as an individual goal. I am a certified makeup artist for Estee Lauder, in which appointments were made and makeup tutorials were done.
Pros
The gratis
Cons
Health Benefits
Good company to work for. Values their employees
Featured makeup artist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 26, 2015
Fun work enviorment with upbeat people. Very generous with gratis and flexible work schedule with excellent pay. Although there was a lot of traveling with this job the compensation was great!!.
Pros
free lunch and product
Cons
standing long hours
A learning experience everyday.
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYMay 16, 2015
A typical day consists of ordering supplies for the HR suite, mandating the phone for the entire department. I handle booking the main conference room in the building, scheduling appointments for the HR generalist, opening requisitions and auditing confidential performance evaluation forms for my manager as well.
Pros
Incentives, movie tickets, cosmetics, summer Fridays.
Cons
Constant change and movement within the company.
Good company to work for
Special Events Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 12, 2015
Although you sometimes get into a place where you feel stuck, ELC is a great company to work for. The benefits are great, the employees are great to work for and with. My only challenge is moving up in the company.
Pros
Product testing, office life, perks of the industry
Cons
Not being able to move up in the company
Challenging and rewarding retail opportunity.
Supervisor/ Key-holder Full Time (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAMay 9, 2015
I enjoy a positive work environment. That allows me to interact with customers from all over the world. The store location I am employed at is in a high tourist location with a large influx of customers from various cultures. I enjoy a great working relationship with my management team as well as my co-workers. Sometimes the hardiest part of the job is the best part, in that at times interacting with international customers can be both rewarding and challenging. My only regret at my current job is that there is limited room for advancement.
Pros
Great management team and work environment.
Cons
Limited advancement opportunities
Great Culture
Associate, Global Promotions Marketing (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 5, 2015
Estee Lauder is a great company to work for. As a mid-level employee, they have been are more than willing to grow me and teach me the ins and outs of the beauty industry.

The only negative is that they are very fixed on people with experience and not on people's capabilities.
Pros
Great culture and environment.
Cons
Takes long to advance.
Very Poor Company
Clinique Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Youkers, Valley West Mall West Des Moines Ia.April 29, 2015
management is horrible and disrespectful. Has no problem yelling and belittling you in front of co-workers or customers. When hired I was also told that I would never have to work past 11pm because I could not work after that time and found that quite often I was scheduled until midnight or 2am during inventory which I was also not told about during the hiring process.
Pros
working with great customers.
Cons
Management and hiring.

4.2