Estee Lauder Companies

Estee Lauder Companies Employee Reviews in United States

Accelerating Family Run Business
Finance (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 7, 2015
Although this is a public company, it's still a family run business. Many of senior management have been around for 30 years. Company is on a great trajectory.
Pros
Great benefits, healthcare, products
Cons
Hard to advance
Lawrenceburg store/ horrible
Counter manager (Former Employee) –  LawrenceburgOctober 22, 2015
Management does not train!! Very unhappy atmosphere!! Would not recommend this job to anyone no matter how desperate you are for work! You will never hear a positive word in this store!
Pros
Cons
Management, pay, atmosphere
Easy environment to work in
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJanuary 4, 2016
The people within and around my departments made working in a new environment incredibly easy. My coworkers tested me to bring out the best in my abilities. Everyone was open to questions and always kept their doors open. I learned how to operate in a fast-paced environment and how chaotic it can be during the year-end close of a fiscal year.
Phenomenal Work Place
Program Manager of Promotional Events - Collateral (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 12, 2015
Great work place with the ability to grow and establish long relationships. Great place for a junior PM to start and establish best practices for future PM work. Hours are long and sometimes you handle more than one project at a time. May get overwhelming for someone without organizational skills and or project management experience.
Pros
cosmetic discount, great benefits, outstanding work environment
Excellent company
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 16, 2016
Excellent company and great employees. ELCV has been an amazing experience for me and I am looking forward to the future.
Productive and friendly atmosphere
Microbiologist I (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYJanuary 12, 2016
A typical day of work starts with a busy morning of required testing and/or analyzing and ends with sufficient research in the afternoon.
Good company to work for. Values their employees
Featured makeup artist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 26, 2015
Fun work enviorment with upbeat people. Very generous with gratis and flexible work schedule with excellent pay. Although there was a lot of traveling with this job the compensation was great!!.
Pros
free lunch and product
Cons
standing long hours
Traditional US Company
Supply Chain Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bristol, PASeptember 29, 2015
Reasonable pay and benefits but don't expect much. Also, the marketing department is always the most prestigious child of the company.
As a freelancer my pay was not always payable buy EL. As a freelancer some of the above ratings do not apply.
Freelancer (ABA) (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYNovember 3, 2015
Enjoyed the flexibility
Awesome products
Given opportunity to showcase my artistic ability, was chosen to work as a Make-up Artist for Fashion Night Out New York City.
Managed Department Stores EL Counters, in the absence of a Manager.
Trained new Beauty Advisors on product knowlege
Temp Position
Inventory Analyst (Temporary Assignment) (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJanuary 8, 2016
Was in Inventory Control. Visited warehouses on a weekly basis where products were stored and maintain a log of inventory
Fantastic place to work with exellent benefits
Public Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 23, 2015
Great culture, exciting atmosphere and hard workling people. great location in New York City - 5th Avenue and Central Park South - right at the south entrance to Central Park!
Pros
Great discount on products
Cons
Compensation could be better
Day At Work
Director (Current Employee) –  Bristol PAApril 24, 2015
A typical day at work is fast paced with daily firefighting drills to protect business objectives. There are multiple cross functional meetings during the day. I'm a supply chain problem solver with direct responsibility for the development and coaching of team on professional and business situations. I bring the best balance solution to the company and internal/external business partners on a daily basis. I'm a supply chain executive that quickly aligns tactical efforts to strategic initiatives to support sustainable business growth.
Pros
Strong "family and work" balance is easily achieved
Cons
Less mature supply chain environment
Good company to work for
Special Events Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 12, 2015
Although you sometimes get into a place where you feel stuck, ELC is a great company to work for. The benefits are great, the employees are great to work for and with. My only challenge is moving up in the company.
Pros
Product testing, office life, perks of the industry
Cons
Not being able to move up in the company
Fun and exciting workplace
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Bristol, PAMay 6, 2014
Packing receiving in a distribution warehouse.
I've learned the in's and out's of the warehouse industry and would like to take the knowledge and skills that I've learned and utilize it. The management was very supportive at the organization. The hardest part of the job was waking up so early in the morning, but after awhile, I began to get used to it.
Pros
work evaluation and raises every three months
Cons
had to travel a long to get to work everyday
Estee Lauder is the best company! I really enjoyed the work that I preformed as a PM.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 11, 2015
A typical day at work would be following up on all the projects that were assigned to me to see where we stand on the schedule and
budget.I'v learned to be flexable and to treat everyone with respect. I enjoyed working with management and my co-workers were talented and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the day was not being able to put down the phone to answer questions concerning the
my projects. The most enjoyable part of the day was recognition from a client for a job well done!
A fantastic company to work for!
Manager, Global Product Development - Marketing (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 17, 2013
While a typical day can be busy, you do have time to plan and build strategies. It is a great place to learn about collaboration and cross-functional team work. Management is strong and your co-workers all come from a fantastic pool of talents, backgrounds and skills. You could say that the company can be political, but which company isn't? It's better to learn how to play the game early on for a successful and highly rewarding career. This company gives you many great opportunities to learn, to grow and professionally develop as well as to work in different areas and travel.
Very Poor Company
Clinique Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Youkers, Valley West Mall West Des Moines Ia.April 29, 2015
management is horrible and disrespectful. Has no problem yelling and belittling you in front of co-workers or customers. When hired I was also told that I would never have to work past 11pm because I could not work after that time and found that quite often I was scheduled until midnight or 2am during inventory which I was also not told about during the hiring process.
Pros
working with great customers.
Cons
Management and hiring.
Great exposure to global cosmetic brands
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 11, 2015
Working at Estee Lauder as a receptionist was great because I got an opportunity to be exposed to many different brands on different floors.
Pros
Exposure to company brands
Productive Beauty Advisor
Macy's Herald Square (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 10, 2015
Meeting and making a connection with the customers. I helped customers in their concerns to beauty and skin care. I did a counter goal as well as an individual goal. I am a certified makeup artist for Estee Lauder, in which appointments were made and makeup tutorials were done.
Pros
The gratis
Cons
Health Benefits
With Bobbi Brown Cosmetics - the culture allows you to dress down and be yourself (professional)
Bobbi Brown Global Supply Chain Management (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 6, 2013
At Bobbi Brown, the people there are amazing. A great sense of team work and love all around. The work is challenging and a lot of effort is needed to succeed but there is a healthy balance of work and play there at the office. Your hard work rarely goes unnoticed which is uncommon in a big company. We eat healthy, laugh with one another, and work hard...all at the same time.
Pros
we have whole wheat pizza fridays, yoga mondays and we are allowed to bring dogs to work.
Cons
compensation might be tricky. also moving within the company is also tough.

4.2