Estee Lauder Companies

Estee Lauder Companies Employee Reviews

great place with lots of oportunity
ED of technical (Current Employee) –  NYJuly 12, 2016
i love to work and grow there. Management is always giving growth and advancement for the staff. It is a great place to work.
Loved it!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 19, 2017
This was a temp position but I learned a lot moving around to the different departments. I learned about the different steps needed for bottle designs (perfume) as well as retail store development.
Very Flexible
Esthetician/Makeup Artist (Current Employee) –  Sacramento and Bay AreaDecember 29, 2016
I've worked with for this company for many years and in multiple areas. They are always willing to work with you if your schedule or location changes. Great training and great managers.
Productive and friendly workspace.
Fl - Online Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLNovember 7, 2016
Working for Estee Lauder was an amazing experience! I was constantly working on ways to better myself and learn more about the the company. Great job to have and you can move up in position very quickly.
Great opportunity
Promotional Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VADecember 19, 2016
As a PC it is a very flexible position. My only one con is I wish we had more hours but I love everything else. Sharing the knowledge of the products is highly rewarding.
A good place to work
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 23, 2014
Overall, ELC is a good place to work but it really depends on your department and who the leader of that department is. Depending on who they are, you can advance or not advance and your the office culture/ your work/life balance would be dependent on it. It is a good company to have on your resume and start out but for the younger workforce (millennials), it is hard to advance because HR has so many rules and they really just work on advancing Directors above. Anyone under the Director level can be pigeon-holed unless you work for certain executives in the company who really will help you advance much quicker.
Pros
Good Company and Benefits
Cons
Flexibility in Work Life Balanace
Analyst/Procurement OPS/Central Buyer (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYNovember 20, 2015
This company is a great place to work. It provides good benefits and incentives. For instance, employees get 40 and 50 percent off all products in the company store. Products include the following brands: Estee lauder, Clinique, MAC, Bobby Brown, Joe Malone among other. Medical benefits are a plus.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
No room for growth
Industry-leading company with a strong portfolio of brands
Corporate Marketing (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 1, 2015
Experience here has overall been positive. The employees are typically been very driven and smart across all levels of the organization. Compensation is mediocre for the industry average (especially at the lower levels with less than 7 years experience).
Pros
very good with holidays, unlimited sick days, intelligent employees, a lot of opportunities to move within company
Cons
can be cutthroat
Fun and fast paced
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Marysville, WAOctober 14, 2016
Its an awesome place to work. The atmosphere is fun and rest of the staff are super helpful. You get to play with make-up and you get first pick on new stock.
Pros
Great discounts
Cons
You work every weekend and most holidays
Big Company that still maintains a family feel
Executive Assistant to SVP/GM International (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 15, 2015
The people are just wonderful and I learned so many new things. The environment really enables growth and open dialog. The company has excellent benefits and perks that just enhance the already great work experience.
Productive and fun place to work
Office 365 Integrated Engineer (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJune 22, 2016
Estee is a diverse global company with state of the art IT infrastructure. Everyday is a fun day filled with challenges. Time management is what I learnt most. The hardest part of the job is sometimes requirements kept changing which can make a project end date impossible to know.
Pros
Free coffe
Fun workplace, very innovative
Corporate Sales Intern (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYSeptember 14, 2016
Great place to learn, after interning for a year I can say I've mastered the processes used to complete corporate sales tasks. It is volatile while structured keeping it a fun place to be employed.
With Bobbi Brown Cosmetics - the culture allows you to dress down and be yourself (professional)
Bobbi Brown Global Supply Chain Management (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 6, 2013
At Bobbi Brown, the people there are amazing. A great sense of team work and love all around. The work is challenging and a lot of effort is needed to succeed but there is a healthy balance of work and play there at the office. Your hard work rarely goes unnoticed which is uncommon in a big company. We eat healthy, laugh with one another, and work hard...all at the same time.
Pros
We have whole wheat pizza Fridays, yoga Mondays and we are allowed to bring dogs to work.
Cons
Compensation might be tricky. Also moving within the company is also tough.
A fast paced learning environment
Office Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYSeptember 14, 2016
So many aspects to the company and so much to learn. A wonderful environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is the various people you will meet from Scientists to Ph.D's.
Fast paced company with multiple opportunities. Several locations with jobs ranging from entry level to executive management.
Director New Launch Management (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 16, 2015
Diverse Culture
World-wide opportunities
Vast educational benefits
Well educated staff
Community advocate for Breast Cancer Awareness
Pros
Multiple Brands to work with
Cons
No work - job balance
Big company with a growing opportunity
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  North Hollywood, CAAugust 22, 2016
Love the brands that is carried by Estee Lauder Companies. I currently am the Brand Ambassador for Jo Malone London. I love the events and fun work atmosphere and always working with professionals.
Phenomenal Work Place
Program Manager of Promotional Events - Collateral (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 12, 2015
Great work place with the ability to grow and establish long relationships. Great place for a junior PM to start and establish best practices for future PM work. Hours are long and sometimes you handle more than one project at a time. May get overwhelming for someone without organizational skills and or project management experience.
Pros
Cosmetic Discount, Great Benefits, Outstanding work environment
Cons
Long Hours
Fast paced fun goal oriented position
Makeup Artist/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 27, 2016
Wonderful job for 13 years....Able to build rapport/relationships with customers. Intense teaching regarding skincare which is invaluable......
Clinique Business Manager
Clinique Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 14, 2015
The worst paying job I have ever held. I moved our team from No.6 to No.1 in sales for our district. I never received the bonus promised and since I was salary...my hours averaged 50-55 a week making only 29k annually.
So much is expected from you by upper management for this position. Sounds glamorous and fun...NOT
Pros
make up discounts
Cons
upper management, long hours, low pay and lousy benefits
Not bad
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 18, 2016
I enjoy my coworkers and the work is interesting enough. Management lacks a clear vision and strategy. There are a lot of redundancies, egos, and lofty aspirations without clarity on how to get from point A to B. In general, our leadership is big on the appearance of self-importance, but too frequently without substance to back it up. And they appear to believe that they are much more highly regarded by the organization than is true. Some would call this behavior delusional.
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
Not much development because your boss is likely incompetent

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Estee Lauder Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2