Estee Lauder Companies Employee Reviews

Worst manager ever
Estee Lauder Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 11, 2017
They have unhelpful and unprofessional managers and talked to Human Resources they didn't do much so I resigned because of the stress the manager inflicted
Great work / life balance
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYAugust 5, 2017
Wonderful organization with plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. Workplace culture was fair but hardworking. The company is very good to their employees with regard to compensation and time off.
Make it what you want
FREELANCE/ BEAUTY ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYAugust 3, 2017
Does require effort. Pays some bills. Usually positive environment. Usually positive employees. Usually positive management. Very few benefits, depends.
a well run company
Director of Global Supply Management (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 2, 2017
Estee Lauder has an excellent management training program and it runs it's managers through a variety of departments as you move up the corporate ladder.
Pros
Just an excellent place to work
Cons
No Cons
Very productive and excellent environment for growth.
Facilities Supervisor, Office Services Department (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 17, 2017
Many daily challenges and learning to work with one another in a positive environment makes this corporate company a great working experience. Making sure everything gets done in a timely manner is a challenge but at the end of each assignment all the progress and outcome makes it worth the effort.
Pros
Summer Fridays
Cons
Only two personal days
Great discounts
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJuly 12, 2017
I worked at the Cosmetic Company Store so I was able to purchase items from the entire Estee Lauder line, It was a fun job with a lot of fun co-workers.
Great company
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 10, 2017
Supportive work environment; great opportunities for future growth. Great benefits and ability to work across teams and regions, if desired. Would recommend working here!
Great products!
Associate Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 9, 2017
Great! Fun job! Not enough hours at my position though. It's better at higher positions because you receive more perks! I am just freelancing because I just had a baby.
Pros
Fun!
Cons
No gratis
Lots of paperwork
Intern - Global Management Strategies (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 4, 2017
A typical day at The Estée Lauder involved a lot of paperwork. Helping the Vice President of the Archives Department with the different programs she sponsored. Creating document, entering data, serving as hostess at conferences.
Enjoyed sharing my passion with clients
3rd, Key Manager (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJune 30, 2017
Servicing customers through retail sales of cosmetics along with ongoing makeup applications. Learned patience and excellent customer service skills/balance. Very upbeat culture related to the world of beauty and fashion. Not really a hard part because I loved my job. Most enjoyable part of my day was customer satisfaction and empowering women to feel confident about their beauty from the inside/out
Pros
cosmetics discounts free products and relationships built
Cons
unreasonable sales goals/expectations
Perfect place to learn about the business
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 28, 2017
It was a great school to learn about the beauty industry. It offers structure, discipline and vision. The opportunity of changing brands, roles and regions.
Pros
Umbrella of great brands, big international company; great benefits.
Cons
going thru restructuring
Estee Lauder
Cleaning Validation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJune 24, 2017
Amazing place to work, but they don't often offer permanent positions. There are still QC chemists that haven't gotten the opportunity after giving years of (Temp) work.
Net Developer (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJune 21, 2017
It'a big cosmetics company. I really liked this company. It's a friendly environment over there and the director's of this company in administrative department, they are are very friendly with our team and with me also.
Awesome discounts but poor leadership
Director, Global Business Planning (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 14, 2017
Pros:
Good vacation time
Summer Fridays
Commuter program
Discounts on products
Good benefits

Cons:
Lack of work life balance/ Long work hours
Little room for growth
No support from upper management( ie. coming up with new ways to streamline process or collaboration... is not appreciated)
Poor Leadership
Disorganized Supply Chain
Pros
Discounts on products and benefits
Cons
worklife balance, poor leadership, and disorganzied supply chain
Great work space, family oriented and culture based organization
Executive Assistant the EVP Global Supply Chain (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 12, 2017
Think the company values its employees. The supply chain is built more like a family then a group of coworkers. There is a real team mentality and a real want for someone to succeed.
Pros
healthcare, family environment
Okay
Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 10, 2017
Such a big company - completely varies from team to team so I wouldn't rely on reviews like this! Good perks like lots of products and discounts are good too
Fun and Supportive Staff
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Cabazon, CaJune 7, 2017
Management and staff are supportive and a pleasure to work with. Most of out customers are amazing but it does get challenging at times. There is always something to do even in the slow times.This store in one of the best stores i've worked in.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
sometimes long hours
Serious Work Environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJune 5, 2017
I learned how to work in a team style group. I had many different tasks to work on while I was an intern at Estee Lauder, so there was never a "typical" day, per say. Management was tremendous. Everyone was very patient with me and helped me to learn and become a contributing member of the team. The hardest part of the job was becoming proficient in the SAP program. There was a learning curve, but I think it will help me down the road if I ever have to use it again. I think it was a great step forward in my professional career and the experience I received there will help me throughout my life.
Global Leader in Prestige Beauty.
Executive Director, Field Sales, ADF (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 25, 2017
Global Leader in Prestige Beauty, where "Bringing the best to everyone we touch and being the best in everything we do" is more than a mission statement.
A family values centric company with rich heritage that is driven by creativity and innovation-manned by the Best strategic thinkers and visionaries in the industry.
Unwavering commitment to quality and excellence with an emphasis on continuous learning.
Pros
Lead from Every Chair
overall good company
Supervisor, Outbound Distribution (Former Employee) –  Bristol, PAMay 24, 2017
overall positive company to work for
takes pride in ways they support environment
negative work life balance at distribution center
numerous ways to get exposure if you are willing to work hard

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Estee Lauder Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2