Estee Lauder Companies Employee Reviews in United States

Day At Work
Director (Current Employee) –  Bristol PAApril 24, 2015
A typical day at work is fast paced with daily firefighting drills to protect business objectives. There are multiple cross functional meetings during the day. I'm a supply chain problem solver with direct responsibility for the development and coaching of team on professional and business situations. I bring the best balance solution to the company and internal/external business partners on a daily basis. I'm a supply chain executive that quickly aligns tactical efforts to strategic initiatives to support sustainable business growth.
Pros
Strong "family and work" balance is easily achieved
Cons
Less mature supply chain environment
Fantastic place to work with exellent benefits
Public Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 23, 2015
Great culture, exciting atmosphere and hard workling people. great location in New York City - 5th Avenue and Central Park South - right at the south entrance to Central Park!
Pros
Great discount on products
Cons
Compensation could be better
Clinique Business Manager
Clinique Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 14, 2015
The worst paying job I have ever held. I moved our team from No.6 to No.1 in sales for our district. I never received the bonus promised and since I was salary...my hours averaged 50-55 a week making only 29k annually.
So much is expected from you by upper management for this position. Sounds glamorous and fun...NOT
Pros
make up discounts
Cons
upper management, long hours, low pay and lousy benefits
Estee Lauder is the best company! I really enjoyed the work that I preformed as a PM.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 11, 2015
A typical day at work would be following up on all the projects that were assigned to me to see where we stand on the schedule and
budget.I'v learned to be flexable and to treat everyone with respect. I enjoyed working with management and my co-workers were talented and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the day was not being able to put down the phone to answer questions concerning the
my projects. The most enjoyable part of the day was recognition from a client for a job well done!
Productive company with a great environment for growth
Technical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oakland, NJApril 7, 2015
Co-workers sacrificed for the company and the company always had the employees benefits as a primary goal. The benefits are top notch and the 401K plan is one of the best. Also the company provides the employees with courses for self improvement.
Pros
Discount Perfumes
Cons
Moved out of NJ
close-knit family
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 17, 2015
In an organization that is home to thousands of employees, it is wonderful to feel a sense of familiarity among each brand and department.
Fast paced sales environment
Selling Specialist (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAFebruary 17, 2015
Focused on meeting sales goals and oftentimes worked many overtime hours to ensure the company goals were met. Independent schedules and fun retail environment.
no room for growth. dead end call center. a revolving door. only nepotism will get you ahead
Consumer Response Representative (Current Employee) –  Bristol, PAFebruary 12, 2015
A typical day at work is much like that of a robot. Although we take calls for 30 different brands, little product training is provided. Management is one big clique. A recently promoted manager has a history with human resources for making racist comments.
Pros
free product. generous discount
Cons
short lunch breaks. micromanagement. no room for growth. alot of nepotism
A Large Company, that feels family owned
Associate - Digital Innovation (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 2, 2015
I loved my job here and was so sad to leave, it is honestly a company I could have worked for my entire career. I left because of a change in my personal circumstances, but would happily take a job there again if I could. I would certainly recommend working there to someone I knew.
Exciting brands
Vice President, Corporate CRM (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 1, 2015
A place to be truly global covering all categories in the prestige beauty industry. The brand building talent is quite impressive.
Wonderful company with an innovative history
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 27, 2015
Continuously progressive company.
Great work life balance.
Family oriented
Great education tools
Pros
summer hours, flex home/work schedule
Cons
micro inequity
Professional and Exciting Work Culture
Clinique Blue Ocean Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 19, 2015
Great Company to work for but a lot of higher management does not allow you to grow.
Good company to work
Licensed Electrician (Current Employee) –  Oakland, NJJanuary 18, 2015
Install new electrical. Made new PLC programming for machine,troubleshooting machine electrical and mechanical.Installed new AC system and maintain existing system.Maintain and repair automated building system.
Phenomenal Work Place
Program Manager of Promotional Events - Collateral (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 12, 2015
Great work place with the ability to grow and establish long relationships. Great place for a junior PM to start and establish best practices for future PM work. Hours are long and sometimes you handle more than one project at a time. May get overwhelming for someone without organizational skills and or project management experience.
Pros
cosmetic discount, great benefits, outstanding work environment
internship
Global Procurement Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  New YorkDecember 27, 2014
internship for the summer before my senior year of college. Useful experience in using systems such as SAP.
no comment
Design Director of Specialty Brands (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 4, 2014
no comment

MY SKILLS:
2D Design, Graphics, 3D rendering, Packaging, Art Directing, Creative Concepting, Problem Solving, Collateral and Print Production, Mechanical Production, UX / UI Web Design, Branding
Wonderful family oriented environment
Human Resources Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYDecember 3, 2014
Estee Lauder has been a good company overall and is growing tremendously worldwide.

My daily activities are well rounded to with co-workers and employees share a source of pride, morals, values and ethics.

Management work closely with supporting the organization where polices and practices are adhered to with a genuine commitment to the environmental issues.

Of course there are always challenges within any organization and I have found that when our customers need are at a high it becomes a pleasure to see them walk away with a sense of resolve from the HR stand point and that too has been an enjoyable part of my tenure with the company.
Pros
product discounts
Cons
n/a
A good place to work
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 23, 2014
Overall, ELC is a good place to work but it really depends on your department and who the leader of that department is. Depending on who they are, you can advance or not advance and your the office culture/ your work/life balance would be dependent on it. It is a good company to have on your resume and start out but for the younger workforce (millennials), it is hard to advance because HR has so many rules and they really just work on advancing Directors above. Anyone under the Director level can be pigeon-holed unless you work for certain executives in the company who really will help you advance much quicker.
Pros
good company and benefits
Cons
flexibility in work life balanace
Driven Team and Smart Culture
Associate (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYNovember 19, 2014
Estee is filled with ambitious and intelligent people. Most employees have been there for a VERY LONG time and will tell you it is an amazing place to work. As a younger employee, I find the culture lacking and the dynamics a bit dull. Management and the co-workers are great, but the company should lighten the place up with a newer facility and a more fun/attractive culture.
Pros
people, pay
Cons
culture
Excellent company with strong values
IT Relationship Management (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYNovember 19, 2014
Exciting & flexible company with exceptional employee benefits, talented leaders and awesome co-workers.

4.2