Estee Lauder Employee Reviews

enjoyable to learn about new products
Counter manager (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYDecember 12, 2017
Job was a retail position, stressful at certain times of the year. Coworkers very nice and atmosphere pleasant. Job had small commission but needs higher base pay
Pros
free makeup
Cons
poor pay
good place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYNovember 29, 2017
It was good to work there for the pay other than that the job is training especially if you work the night shift.

The job is good again, it is just not compatible really if you do both, work and go to school.
Pros
good pay and hours
Cons
interferes with regular day schedule
Good Company
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Bristol, PANovember 26, 2017
not much hectic its kinda seasonal specially in my department but the Supervisor are good they treat us nice they give us something every Christmas as a present and good raise per hr.
Great company!
Vice President Training Development (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 17, 2017
I loved every moment at Estee Lauder! The owners and management are top notch. The industry is fun, fast paced and interesting. It is a great place to start and end a long career.
Estee Lauder/Aveda Corp.
LEAN Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Blaine, MNNovember 16, 2017
The corporate mission is a something that the companies hold close. The company believes in the environment and practices the mission in all aspects of the corporate dealing.
Pros
n/A
Cons
N/a
Estee Lauder is a good company to work for.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYNovember 13, 2017
A typical day at EL was fast paced and full, which made the day go quickly.
The position I held was diverse and interesting. It taught me how to read and construct Bills of Materials as well as work closely with the production team in Melville and the UK.
The people I worked with are team players and work on solutions rather than pointing fingers.
Pros
Excellent discounts and number of days off. Friendly working atmosphere
Cons
Can't think of any
Interesting place to work
Temporary chemist (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYNovember 13, 2017
A typical work day can be non-stop interesting, fun and fast paces work; or it can be terribly slow

I did learn a lot from the chemists that I worked with about the chemistry of cosmetics.

Management was lacks when it came to certain things and its hard to find out whose really in charge in certain aspects

Workplace culture was superficially friendly, but was not a good fit personally.

The hardest part of my job was organizing priorities to meet several deadlines.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the experience and knowledge gained from different innovators and chemists.
supervisor position will work with people and keep inventory in SAP
Production Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bristol, PANovember 9, 2017
Organize team of workers on production floor to maximize production and meet monthly quotas.
Lead team meetings to discuss production goals, safety standards and quality standards.
Make decisions to move workers when needed to different areas to keep production flowing and ensure a high labor efficiency.
Work with quality control workers to ensure product meets quality standards.
Keep track of warehouse inventory using SAP software.
Organize mechanics to preform mold and shade change overs on machines.
Develop Annual operating plans for production.
Track performance indicators and anticipate trends that affect achievements and targets.
Oversee facility and equipment to minimize downtime.
Ensure workers comply with health and safety regulations.
Highly intense, fast pace work environment, with a friendly supportive staff and coworkers.
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 8, 2017
Estee Lauder cares that their Beauty Advisors and Managers receive all the support possible. Though this position allows you to be occassionally creative, you are mainly there serve your clientele, make sales and beat last year's numbers.
Pros
You can change the world, one makeover at a time.
Cons
The lack of funding doesn't allow me to hire someone at this time, so I wear ALL hats at all times.
Poor management
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Easton, PAOctober 30, 2017
The store was so poorly managed, there was very little communication between management and employees. When asked direct questions, you were told they would get back to you, and then you never got a response.
competitive
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 20, 2017
It was a fun place to work at . being that i love make up and fashion
my day was enjoyable, stressful ,and very cultural. since I was in the Heart of New York city i met a lot of people from all over the world.
Pros
sometimes free samples
Cons
hard working hours
assist increase sales
Estée Lauder promotional assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 19, 2017
During a promotion I would do makeovers or facial. Increase sales whatever counter needed me to do. The easiest part of the job was I had used Estée Lauder for many years, I love Estée Lauder so I was sold on the product. If you are sold on the products it easy to tell your customer with confidence and experience what great products you are selling. The most enjoyable part of job is happy smiling ladies face. She looks pretty and it shows
Pros
Freedom to schedule work when and where your schedule allows
Cons
No benefits available for part time workers
goodness
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Freeport, NY 11520October 18, 2017
the place was hazardous there is no transportation the place is far
the area is greater and i loved it, i wanted more for what it was registered to become.
Pros
great
Cons
not bad at all, very offset
Easy going & great place to work
Sales (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 10, 2017
Amazing Managers at every location. Being able to learn from every Beauty advisor and use all of that knowledge to better yourself in your own personal role. Beauty Advisors are all pleasant to work with.
Pros
Free samples
Cons
Hours are limited
relaxed environment
BEAUTY ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 5, 2017
Great products and you get discounts on everything in the store. wonderful customers. Management is very nice and they will work with your schedule. and you can make samples of products that you like.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
no benefits
it was great working for Estee Lauder, but Beall's has very poor management.
Clinique Counter Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, TXSeptember 18, 2017
it was great working for Estee Lauder, I enjoyed interacting with the customers and my fellow employees. I got discounts on clothes and makeup, and commission on makeup sales.

Beall's has very poor management.
Pros
discounts, health insurance
Cons
Beall's management
Part time work during college.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDSeptember 17, 2017
Typical work day was applying makeup and advising on beauty and skincare products. Learned a lot about makeup and fragrance. Hardest part was building up you clientele at first, but it becomes better.
Pros
Gratis, Makeup
Maybe its my region specifically.. I came on board as they were experiencing alot of changes
Freelance Makeup Artist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 14, 2017
With so many people leaving everything is just really unorganized.. Schedules, hours, management, productivity, etc. At first I had consistent part time hours.. Now Im lucky to get 5hrs in a week.
Pros
The music isnt dull
Cons
No gratis offered to freelance artist even if you pull 25-28hrs a week
Un-necessarily stressful.
Supply-Chain Development Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Trevose, PASeptember 13, 2017
The hours are long and the pay is low. Supervisory level positions can be very demanding and differ greatly. Networking is key in order to advance successfully.
Good company
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 11, 2017
I worked for EL for years in different locations. I always enjoyed working for them. The sales expectations are high, but they reward and recognize your efforts.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Estee Lauder. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2