Estee Lauder Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to work to the location is great
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYMay 4, 2016
Work is very exciting and challenging. The people are great and that proved to be a great work environment. Flexible days off during the summer months and holidays off in the winter
Pros
Discounted products
Cons
3rd Shift
Good company, good product
Manager (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYApril 12, 2016
The manufacturing plant in NY is a great place to work. they care about the people, provide great benefits and regularly communicate with each other.
Pros
people, benefits
Cons
not sure about future of product, probalby needs to be more environmental to survive long term
Great company to work for
Smashbox Cosmetics Counter Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 7, 2016
Its great to work for a brand that is so versatile in the market, I get the privilege to work with many different people from all walks of life putting together events, and spas that are fun and revenue building for the brand.
Production
Production floor supervisor (Current Employee) –  Melville, NY 11747April 1, 2016
Company in itself is great. Good people. Great work environment. Temp agency is horrible that works out of Estee Lauder
Great environment, IF you're a permanent employee.
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYMarch 23, 2016
This company thrives off hiring temps. They hire countless temps that outnumber the permanent employees. It creates a bad environment when the perms are getting paid a LOT more to do the same work as the temps. There needs to be a structure with an end date where the temp is temp to perm after a certain time period.

This company, as I'm sure a lot of other companies do, hires people based on if they have a relative that works at the company. They do not care if they are completely under qualified, as long as they have a relative that's an employee they're golden.

Overall, a majority of the people hired are hard, intelligent workers who do their jobs correctly. There is a lot of intellectual thinking that goes on within the labs.
Pros
Bag sale, discount at the company store
Cons
Cannot get specific items at company store as a temp, not allowed at the holiday party, no PTO, no sick days, no holiday pay, no affordable insurance
high stress
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 19, 2016
too many events, sales goals too high. enjoyed working with my coworkers. boss does not appreciate hard work, only criticizes
Freelancer
Freelance Brand Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 2, 2016
Working as a freelancer gives me the opportunity to call in hours as needed and work from different locations. The managers are very attentive and easy to work with.
Pros
flexible
Cons
short notice
fun, innovative, retail hours, name recognition
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 10, 2016
Great place to start retail/sales career. Great to be a part of a large company that give you job stability. Nice to preview new products before they launch to public.
Pros
Great place to start in sales, brand awareness, new products
Cons
Long hours, competitive marketplace, strict image guidelines
making clients feel more beautul then ever!
Freelance Makeup artist (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 12, 2016
I learned through out the years of doing make up and styling hair, is to really listen and understand your clients needs make them feel like a guest in your home treat them with respect and honesty! I really enjoyed all my clients reactions after I was done with my work, making them feel beautiful from the inside out. and really you are nothing without teamwork when you all get along and put your hands together to make a company work you can't go wrong, it makes it a more pleasant place for the customer to be in!
No Means Next
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 6, 2016
-Estee Lauder is a great company to work for and holds a beautiful story behind it. This woman had a dream and a passion for cosmetics, and she went for it! This company is constantly growing, and has many other brands on board.
-Job is very hands on, introducing skincare and make up tutorials is crucial in building business.
-Having great customer skills, and building lasting connections. The customer overall experience is important, it is what sets you apart from the competition.
-Coworkers are generally ok, in the cosmetics department it is hard to have positive relationships. Others like to gossip, or walk away with your business, which means your counter loses $$. It is better to keep to yourself.
-Management is completely unorganized at Macy's not Estee Lauder. That is what has made it most difficult to work for this cosmetics brand. I was not in love with my work environment. There was a lack of care for employees.
-The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new people and building business, just watching all the hard work turn into positive growth made me feel proud.
it was mediocre
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bristol, PADecember 30, 2015
the people i worked with were very rude. the management was very rude. the pay wasnt great and there was inconsistent hours along with it. i just had a bad experiance
Great company to work for
Estee Lauder Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKDecember 22, 2015
They are a great company that spends a lot of time teaching their staff! They care about you and teach you everything that you need to know.
Pros
free makeup
Tiring
perfume Packager (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYDecember 8, 2015
Same routine everyday, feels like your days are depressing. It is very organized the way they do things, but its not somewhere I would personally want to stay for the rest of my career.
Great Company to be with
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILDecember 4, 2015
Place to learn and grow. Management is ok. You can grow. Freelance program for those that don't want to be a permanent employee.
Pros
Gratis
Cons
Hours / pay is low
Making people feel beautiful through makeup
Manager & Beauty Advisor, Dillards/Estee Lauder (Former Employee) –  Coralville, IANovember 24, 2015
As a beauty advisor/manager at Estee Lauder, I was able to help women feel confident by enhancing their appearance through makeup application techniques. It was a rewarding experience, which helped me further explore career aspirations in customer service.
fun and management job with union boys
Makeup Artist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 2, 2015
day started with orders coming in or out of the warehouse making sure the were guys available at the time the drivers arrive and the load was ready for the driver to take. and all paper work waas ready.
Pros
enjoyed the people
Cons
alot of hours
Amazing culture, very pleasent for work
Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CANovember 2, 2015
Fantastic company! Amazing culture, very pleasant for work. I had amazing time being on position of Service Delivery Manager for West Coast as temp assignment while FT Service Delivery Manager was on assignment in NYC.
Beware of consumer care
Consumer Care Representatives (Former Employee) –  Bristol, PAOctober 27, 2015
Toxic work environment. This place is a cesspool....It's a culture of nepotism and bigotry. Working hard will not get you ahead in the consumer care department. Those who sleep all day, harass subordinates and make inappropriate/racist comments get promoted. I wouldn't recommend this place if it were the last job on the face of the earth. The managers act like plantation masters
Pros
None worth mentioning
Cons
Everything I can possibly think of
I enjoyed...
Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAOctober 24, 2015
I enjoyed working for them. There was always something new or exciting to learn. It is a place I would consider working for again.
Pros
Beautiful
Cons
Standing on your feet all day
Lawrenceburg store/ horrible
Counter manager (Former Employee) –  LawrenceburgOctober 22, 2015
Management does not train!! Very unhappy atmosphere!! Would not recommend this job to anyone no matter how desperate you are for work! You will never hear a positive word in this store!
Pros
Cons
Management, pay, atmosphere