Estee Lauder Employee Reviews

Good Company
COUNTER SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MAFebruary 20, 2017
I liked working for Estee Lauder, I was able to learn a lot about customer service as well as helping customers with their individual needs. This is a company I would recommend.
Loved the product, brand and culture!
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Bay City, MIFebruary 16, 2017
Inspiring leadership team! Great products and opportunities for advancement! The training and development of associates was unprecedented! I have never loved a company more!
Nice people to work with and a great work environment. They also provided great incentives for growth within the company.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 16, 2017
I loved working with this company and enjoyed the benefits and the flexibility while raising my children.I also enjoyed the schools and trainers that taught me all my selling and makeup skills.The management was also very pleasant to work. The company also provided nice work environment! A typical day at work started with a goal for the day. The hardest part was probably meeting the monthly goals set for the counter.The work culture was fine.
Pros
free schooling, gratis and meetings were well organized and trainers were great.
Cons
traveling and standing a lot
Work hard and you will be rewarded
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 15, 2017
I was with this company for 12 years. The people at the top work very hard but are rewarded. It's a fun atmosphere but you really have to bring your best every day, there is no phoning it in!
Pros
A brand with integrity that is easy to stand behind.
Cons
Tough to show up every day with the amount of energy & excitement required in a genuine way.
great work environment
Corporate sales associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 12, 2017
Employees were great, management was good, this job was pure customer service and the products we sold where awesome. A great place to work but only if you are a female
Pros
great employees
Cons
only can advance if your a female
A very productive and fast-paced working environment
Distribution Management (Former Employee) –  Bristol, PAFebruary 12, 2017
* Great 4 weeks training program
* Intense workloads and busy schedule
* Normal day at work: 7AM to 3:30PM (Day shift)
* Learnt to multitasking and problem solving skills at work
Pros
The 4 weeks training program
Cons
Short lunch break
Productive and Amazingly Fun
Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange, TXFebruary 12, 2017
A typical day at the Estee Lauder Counter consists of making sure all cases are clean and sraight while performing customer service to customers wanting to buy products. At the Estee Lauder counter we do make-overs and consultaions. My favorite time of year is Prom when all the girls schedule their make-overs. It is very enjoyable and great experience where you connect with your client. Its amazing to see your client satisfied with the work you have done.
Productive and fun work place
MAC Artist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 9, 2017
Love the education I receive, continued lessons on what is new and in style. Love all of the products and the product knowledge provided.
Pros
Continual education
Cons
Not enough hours
Long Hours
Senior Consultant, Estee Lauder Corporate Ventures (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYFebruary 6, 2017
Great company to work for, although highly compartmentalized. Great benefits and really cool brands. Multiple locations for everyone.
I loved making the customers happy!
Beauty Advisor/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mason City, IAFebruary 2, 2017
It was a great place to work! The atmosphere was fantastic!! I sold make-up to the customers and also helped with retail/clothing. I learned a lot and absolutely loved it!
Pros
Commission
Cons

Want to know more about Estee Lauder?

Ask a question
Productive and fun place to work at!
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILFebruary 1, 2017
Working at Estee Lauder is like working at a family owned business, because the company takes care of you and train you to become a better worker and beauty advisor. I loved working for Estee Lauder and if i were to go back in the cosmetic industry, i would still pick Estee Lauder!
Pros
Free cosmetics, amazing people to work with, amazing products, training, fair treatment
Cons
Daily Goals, promotion stress
sales associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 31, 2017
At the Estee Lauder it was always fun to be. Being able to help customers feel good with themselves. I enjoyed a lot interacting with customers on a daily bases.
Good Company.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJanuary 27, 2017
I would work for them again if they would like to accept me. I loved my job at the Cosmetics Company Store. Unfortunate that they closed my store down. Hope to continue my career selling makeup.
Pros
Good pay. Good hours.
Cons
Store closed.
underpaid staff no room for advancement
Mail Handler (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 25, 2017
I have been with the company for almost three years. This company does not offer room for advancement. On a positive note the work load is consider to be a work out; lifting heavy boxes and consistently standing on your feet.
Very competitive and fast paced sales job.
Cosmetic Consultant (Former Employee) –  Blomingdale's, White Plains, NYJanuary 24, 2017
A typical day as a Cosmetic Consultant consists of customer satisfaction of product and maintaining a professional and well-stocked workplace. Achieving daily, weekly and monthly sales goals, were rewarded by commissions and monthly recognition program. An extremely professional company to work for.
Pros
Very generous commissions and recognition program.
Cons
Turnover of Management.
Wonderful company
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Easley, SCJanuary 16, 2017
Wonderful cosmetic line to work with. Training is extremely thorough, and what you learn from the company in sales, beauty/cosmetic knowledge, and business practice is amazing. Loved it!
Worked here 4 years
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bristol, PAJanuary 12, 2017
Not a lot of room for growth. You have to be really good at what you do or know somebody in management to recommend you to move up. Only worked here during school days but did not feel like will be advanced so left company for better opportunity. Good benefits only if you get a full time opportunity.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Advancement
The best company to work for
Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 5, 2017
It's a company who teach you the great way to connect to the customer and the are very concern about how to prepared the beauty advice to perform they're job that's give the best experience for the customer ho comes to the counter asking for help for their concerns.
Every season the company offer a seminar to prepare the associates for the new products that coming out.
The company teach you in amazing way ho to create loyalty with the customer and keep in touch with them.
Estee Lauder gives you the tools to lean more about the company and the products giving you a website in where you can review information product and make your own questions about any doubt that you have.
Pros
Evethyng is perfect
Cons
The schedule
On the Job Training
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJanuary 4, 2017
The structure is well rounded for all levels needed for the business. Great longevity for any individual willing to work hard and stay focused. Make good use of your resources.
Pros
Team meetings
Cons
Formal Training
Great learning experience
Resident Aesthetician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 3, 2017
Outstanding , Productive and healthy enviroment with room to grow
and flexibility. Extremely Professional . working for Estee Lauder was a life changing experience , I learned how to interact with all types of personalities. I was always treated with Respect and Appreciation. I learned from management and was always given continous training about new products , which allowed me to be well informed. Team work was always in effect. I highly recommend A ++Company.
Pros
1hr lunch break
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Estee Lauder. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2