Estee Lauder Employee Reviews in United States

fun , productive,
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 28, 2016
• Achieve Sales Goal Every Day
• Recruit New Customers - A great way to ensure that you make your day, every day!
• Service Above Expectations - Provide exceptional service to every customer.
• Demonstrate Three Products - Always show customer at least three products.
Build Relationships - Use client registry to stay in touch with your customers.
Pros
great pay, flexible hours, make own schedule.
Cons
no benefits as a freelancer
Education was great
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 27, 2016
We hold lots of events at our counter, as we are the busiest counter in the city. A typical day is filled with performing several make overs and advising clients on skin care regiment and the best product for their skin type.
The thing I enjoy most about my job is the education and introduction to new products. I like that we have "class" pretty regularly, allowing us to really understand how a product works and how to provide the best advice to our clients.
Fast-paced and energetic culture
Account Executive (Regional Manager) (Current Employee) –  VirginiaApril 25, 2016
I manage a $9.5M territory that consists of 25 stores within 5 retailers. There is quite a bit of traveling throughout the week (16-20 hours), however, no two weeks are the same. I am in my office normally one day a week and visiting stores and associates the other 4 days. I manage about 70 associates and a team of 12 freelance associates.

The most rewarding part of my position is developing my team members professionally. Being a traveling executive has taught me how to multitask for 8 hours a day and adjust my focus to accommodate shifting priorities.
Pros
Company Car, annual bonus, free products
Cons
always "on" and plugged in, long hours, no stationary office
My boss is awezone
Fragrances Sales Specialist, and Freelancer (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJFebruary 20, 2016
Typical day at work is help macys customer and staff find the fragrance they need also spray blotter card, demostrate the products etc.

I learned more about fragrances and their notes, and ingridients

Management is fine overall I am a vendor so the interaction with them is very little.

All vendors are competitors and a healthy way I love to sale sale sale !!!

There is not hard part my only complaint is I need more hours and a full time job .

I enjoy it all of way love my job . My boss is awezone !!!
Pros
GRATIS
Cons
NO ENOUGH HOURS NO OPPORTUNITY TO GROWTH MY CAREER
fun enviroment to work in
Key holder (Former Employee) –  Osage Beach, MOMay 26, 2016
The management staff I worked under was WONDERFUL! They kept it fun and energetic. If we wasn't helping customers we was getting to know the product, cleaning or straightening the shelves. Either way it was fun.
Pros
Come on....playing in makeup all day what girl wouldnt want to do that?
Cons
None!
I love Estee Lauder
Counter Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 19, 2016
The brand is amazing to work for....I cannot say enough positive things about my Account Executive, coordinator and Education Executive. They are always available and not only willing to help and guide you to a better "daily business" they love success stories and pictures!
Good company, good product
Manager (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYApril 12, 2016
The manufacturing plant in NY is a great place to work. they care about the people, provide great benefits and regularly communicate with each other.
Pros
people, benefits
Cons
not sure about future of product, probalby needs to be more environmental to survive long term
I had one of the best experience working for this company, all the Managers are very proffesional and all the co-workers were as a family members.
Manufacturing Support and Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJanuary 15, 2016
A typical day of work was to read the PO's and start the day with a great attitude.
I learned a lot about Manufacturing and Warehouse, also to Operate some machines.
Management were excellent.
My co-workers were very friendly and also they always were ready to help me in anything I need at work.
The hardest part of the job, I believe was sometimes we have to lift heavy machinery and chemicals.
The most enjoyable part of the job was that every single employee cooperate in the job.
Pros
Bonus, Gift certificates, Family Pic nic, Chritsmas Party, Sick day bonus. Very good Health Insurance
Cons
Nothing at all.
making clients feel more beautul then ever!
Freelance Makeup artist (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 12, 2016
I learned through out the years of doing make up and styling hair, is to really listen and understand your clients needs make them feel like a guest in your home treat them with respect and honesty! I really enjoyed all my clients reactions after I was done with my work, making them feel beautiful from the inside out. and really you are nothing without teamwork when you all get along and put your hands together to make a company work you can't go wrong, it makes it a more pleasant place for the customer to be in!
Great place to work to the location is great
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYMay 4, 2016
Work is very exciting and challenging. The people are great and that proved to be a great work environment. Flexible days off during the summer months and holidays off in the winter
Pros
Discounted products
Cons
3rd Shift
Great environment, IF you're a permanent employee.
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYMarch 23, 2016
This company thrives off hiring temps. They hire countless temps that outnumber the permanent employees. It creates a bad environment when the perms are getting paid a LOT more to do the same work as the temps. There needs to be a structure with an end date where the temp is temp to perm after a certain time period.

This company, as I'm sure a lot of other companies do, hires people based on if they have a relative that works at the company. They do not care if they are completely under qualified, as long as they have a relative that's an employee they're golden.

Overall, a majority of the people hired are hard, intelligent workers who do their jobs correctly. There is a lot of intellectual thinking that goes on within the labs.
Pros
Bag sale, discount at the company store
Cons
Cannot get specific items at company store as a temp, not allowed at the holiday party, no PTO, no sick days, no holiday pay, no affordable insurance
fun, innovative, retail hours, name recognition
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 10, 2016
Great place to start retail/sales career. Great to be a part of a large company that give you job stability. Nice to preview new products before they launch to public.
Pros
Great place to start in sales, brand awareness, new products
Cons
Long hours, competitive marketplace, strict image guidelines
Great company to work for
Smashbox Cosmetics Counter Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 7, 2016
Its great to work for a brand that is so versatile in the market, I get the privilege to work with many different people from all walks of life putting together events, and spas that are fun and revenue building for the brand.
Good temporary job
Sorter/Packer (Former Employee) –  Bristol, PAJune 2, 2016
We started everyday with stretches to prevent getting hurt at the job. I was in sortation so it could get pretty tedious at times, but the days moved quickly. My co-workers were friendly, but there was a high turnover rate.
a great start to build sales and customer service experience. friendly enviornment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVMarch 28, 2016
great place to work if your starting out in sales and customer service.
friendly staff limited advancement opportunities
Pros
great sales experience
Cons
limited advancement
Excellent workplace with great people
Security Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakland, NJJanuary 27, 2016
Estee Lauder manufacturing plant was a excellent work environment which along with the employees made of one of the most pleasing places to be employed. This company knew the value of an employee to a team.
Pros
great pay, excellent benefits and many giveaways
Cons
moved out of state
I loved working at Macy's!
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJune 26, 2016
Working at Macy's it's fun! you meet a lot of people you get to play with makeup ! The bad thing is your on your feet all day and you have to open macys credit cards
Pros
fun place
Cons
open macys credit cards
productive
Make artist/sales associate (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJanuary 20, 2016
Working as a makeup artist at estee lauder was simply awesome I got to work with an meet different cultures along with strengthen m skills as an sales associate and make up artist ,it also allowed me to pick up more skills on perfecting my customer service skills.
Pros
working for the company
I Loved It
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 15, 2016
Awesome job... flexible hours great training and staff ! I was permanent and a free-lancer.

Have to sell and know your products. Provide great customer service and application of makeup as an artist.

Making people happy all over the world.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Schedule Sometimes
not a good company
COUNTER MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 28, 2016
they never have stock , false promises , staffing is a problem and commutcation is too. they dont care about the lower managemnt . to many meetings and phone calls
Pros
free products
Cons
low pay

4.2