Estee Lauder

Estee Lauder Employee Reviews

making clients feel more beautul then ever!
Freelance Makeup artist (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 12, 2016
I learned through out the years of doing make up and styling hair, is to really listen and understand your clients needs make them feel like a guest in your home treat them with respect and honesty! I really enjoyed all my clients reactions after I was done with my work, making them feel beautiful from the inside out. and really you are nothing without teamwork when you all get along and put your hands together to make a company work you can't go wrong, it makes it a more pleasant place for the customer to be in!
No Means Next
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 6, 2016
-Estee Lauder is a great company to work for and holds a beautiful story behind it. This woman had a dream and a passion for cosmetics, and she went for it! This company is constantly growing, and has many other brands on board.
-Job is very hands on, introducing skincare and make up tutorials is crucial in building business.
-Having great customer skills, and building lasting connections. The customer overall experience is important, it is what sets you apart from the competition.
-Coworkers are generally ok, in the cosmetics department it is hard to have positive relationships. Others like to gossip, or walk away with your business, which means your counter loses $$. It is better to keep to yourself.
-Management is completely unorganized at Macy's not Estee Lauder. That is what has made it most difficult to work for this cosmetics brand. I was not in love with my work environment. There was a lack of care for employees.
-The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new people and building business, just watching all the hard work turn into positive growth made me feel proud.
it was mediocre
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bristol, PADecember 30, 2015
the people i worked with were very rude. the management was very rude. the pay wasnt great and there was inconsistent hours along with it. i just had a bad experiance
Great company to work for
Estee Lauder Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKDecember 22, 2015
They are a great company that spends a lot of time teaching their staff! They care about you and teach you everything that you need to know.
Pros
free makeup
Tiring
perfume Packager (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYDecember 8, 2015
Same routine everyday, feels like your days are depressing. It is very organized the way they do things, but its not somewhere I would personally want to stay for the rest of my career.
Great Company to be with
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILDecember 4, 2015
Place to learn and grow. Management is ok. You can grow. Freelance program for those that don't want to be a permanent employee.
Pros
Gratis
Cons
Hours / pay is low
Making people feel beautiful through makeup
Manager & Beauty Advisor, Dillards/Estee Lauder (Former Employee) –  Coralville, IANovember 24, 2015
As a beauty advisor/manager at Estee Lauder, I was able to help women feel confident by enhancing their appearance through makeup application techniques. It was a rewarding experience, which helped me further explore career aspirations in customer service.
fun and management job with union boys
Makeup Artist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 2, 2015
day started with orders coming in or out of the warehouse making sure the were guys available at the time the drivers arrive and the load was ready for the driver to take. and all paper work waas ready.
Pros
enjoyed the people
Cons
alot of hours
Amazing culture, very pleasent for work
Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CANovember 2, 2015
Fantastic company! Amazing culture, very pleasant for work. I had amazing time being on position of Service Delivery Manager for West Coast as temp assignment while FT Service Delivery Manager was on assignment in NYC.
I enjoyed...
Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAOctober 24, 2015
I enjoyed working for them. There was always something new or exciting to learn. It is a place I would consider working for again.
Pros
Beautiful
Cons
Standing on your feet all day
rewarding friendly work environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYOctober 20, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of assisting my managers with their daily tasks which usually consisted of reviewing data for potential errors. I learned more than I could have ever imagined. I learned how to use new software systems such as CPM and SAP. Management was incredible they helped me and assisted me with any issues I had. My Coworkers also were always very helpful with any questions I had. The hardest part of my job was leaving. The most enjoyable part of my job was insuring that I was headed down the right career path for me.
creative and fun place to work.
Customer service rep. Make-up artist/cashier (Former Employee) –  concord, CAOctober 19, 2015
Fulfilling the customers needs was a priority.
I learned that everyone is unique and should be handled with care.
The management was very reliable and made sure everything ran smoothly. I really enjoyed working with my co-workers. We made a great team. The hardest part of the job was learning how to divide my time between customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was making people feel as though They were number one.
Pros
putting make-up on people all day
Cons
not enough hours
Best Boss ever
Makeup Artist (Former Employee) –  Las Americas, PROctober 15, 2015
I had the best coworker ever and the boss...Lovely beautiful women...they where like moms, aunts....love them... I left because of the economy situation at that time.
Pros
free products
Good Company to work for
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 15, 2015
I really enjoyed working for Estee Lauder. I was able to transfer to different stores when I moved because I was a military wife. I love cosmetics and helping people so it was the perfect job for me.
Productive and flexible workplace
Freelance Makeup Artist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 11, 2015
Fast paced and flexible work days. High energy and positive management team. Great communication among leaders and staff. Continued training and investment in employees.
Work was easy
PACKER (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYOctober 11, 2015
I learned that every details counts and should always be well inspected. Estee Lauder was a easy job because i knew what had to be done right the first time. The hardest job probably was doing rework for those who wouldn't pay attention.
Training is top notch
Accredited Special Events Consultant (Current Employee) –  MissouriOctober 1, 2015
The Lauder companies give beauty consultants all of the tools they need to be successful! I have been with the company in different ways over the last years and I have really enjoyed it.
Pros
Gratis
Cons
Very little advancement unless you change lines
cool people to work with
Pre-weigh Compounder/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Bristol, PASeptember 24, 2015
this was a good job to work for, i was alwaysat work and i learned so much. i can take the same things i learn and use them for where ever i go in my life.
STRICT but enjoyable
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOSeptember 21, 2015
If you are a makeup enthusiast like me, this may be a great job to get your foot in the door of the beauty industry, but not a place for you to necessarily show your creative makeup skills. The sales goals were very strict, and when you work in a mall that is not that busy and for a short shift, it is very difficult to meet those goals. My coworkers were very fair and honest and not at all cutthroat, despite it being a commissioned job. The hardest part of this job by far was PRE-SELLING THE FREE GIFT WITH PURCHASE. Pre-selling started a few weeks after my first day on the sales floor. As you can imagine, I hadn't had a good clientele that new me and my name. As a new BA, with not that many clients of your own, it was very difficult to get customers to shop with me over the phone. I honestly think that with a better set of circumstances I could've stuck it out with this job, though.
Pros
Playing with makeup, paid 30 minute breaks, good pay
Cons
Very strict sales goals, can be stressful
A day
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDSeptember 1, 2015
My typical work day includes servicing clients and maintaining my goals for the day.
I am surrounded by wonderful co-workers and clients who make the day filled with fun.
Pros
my clients are great
Cons
days that are slow

4.2