Estee Lauder

QA Consultant (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 26, 2015
Excellent work environment
Helpful co workers
good work life balance
Good location. accessible to restaurants and commuter friendly
Friendly atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXMarch 18, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: smell of perfume could be overwhelming
In such a small store, I really got to know my fellow coworkers, and it was a nice balance of work and socialization. Between stocking, helping customers, and cleaning the store, we were given the opportunity and encouraged to try the different products so we could better help people find what they were looking for.
LIFE
Account Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 17, 2015
I learned more working for Lauder than I did in college. I started as an artist in 2005 (with no experience) and they taught me everything I know about marketing, fashion, luxury and people.

I met all my best friends working at MAC.
Manager
Manager (Former Employee), PAMarch 5, 2015
Pros: strong career development
Cons: compensation
Great company to work for. Provide great opportunities for career development and training. Strong work / life balance.
MAC Artist
MAC Artist (Current Employee), Gilbert, AZMarch 4, 2015
Pros: coworkers, interactive work environment, education, environment
Cons: strict sheduling
A typical day at work entails having a pristine image and outstanding customer service. I work in both sales as well as makeup application and education to clients and customers alike.

I have learned so many things working here, including how to increase and maintain sales goals, a detailed and ever expanding knowledge and execution of makeup and cosmetic trends.

Management is excellent, and are all a part of the team on a daily basis. There is a Retail Manager, Assistant Retail Manager, Operations manager, and three Third Key (key holders).

The hardest part of the job is being on my feet running around for 8 consecutive hours. It is not terrible, and I certainly enjoy being active and productive.

The most enjoyable part of the job is bringing joy and confidence to my clients. Being able to educate and enhance their inner and outer beauty making their confidence soar.
Great team to work for!
Beauty Specialist (Current Employee), Grand Island, NEMarch 3, 2015
Estee Lauder is a great company to work for. They provide full training and always keep you knowledgeable on the new products and sales trends.
I enjoyed my job
(Supervisor/Clinique Customer Service) (Former Employee), Melville, New YorkFebruary 5, 2015
I answered phones and worked on the computer.
Returned phone calls after listening to the voice messages that were left for me, looking for the shipments.
Great Employer
Beauty Specialist (Current Employee), Omaha, NEJanuary 31, 2015
i love working with EL. the bosses are nice and i love working with the people. the products are awesome and sell themsleves
Enjoyed my customers and the ladies I managed very much!!!
Selling Business Manager (Former Employee), Stockton, CAJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: my team, the experience, the industry
Drove and increased retail sales as well as built in-store relationship with all levels of management and selling teams.
• Developed and implemented a Special Events Calendar, along with merchandising objectives. Created incentive programs with the entire store staff to drive sales.
• Recruited, trained, motivated, and developed an Estee Lauder sales team and other cosmetics sales staff in the company’s product knowledge and selling techniques.
• Responsible for evaluating job performance for all E.L. staff; to include growth plans and coaching for Beauty Advisors.
• Successfully worked in a highly competitive, fast paced environment with strong managerial skills. Experience with retail sales and inventory reports.
Job was barley tolerable
Process operator (Former Employee), Melville, NYJanuary 28, 2015
Very dangerous work environment, management constantly lied to workers, machines constantly break down
very exciting, always feels great to make somone else feel better about themselves.
Business Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: very professional
Cons: not enough room for advancement
great group to work for. Extremely tough to prove yourself to upper management. It taught me a lot about working.
Sales Associate
Cosmetic & Skincare Representative (Former Employee), Northridge, CAJanuary 19, 2015
• Recommended products to customers based on their needs, concerns, and preference.
• Maintained the fundamentals of selling an expensive high-quality product to a general audience.
• Assisted clients in a sincere and friendly manner while decoding body language and making the sales process seem organic and effortless.
• Performed and maintained strong clientele base that generated $100,000 of sales annually as a part-time associate.
• Established brand awareness to excite clients about the company’s mission and values to instill trust and appreciation for the product and services offered.
Fun Job!
Counter Manager/Beauty (Current Employee), Pflugerville, TXJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: gratis - hundreds of dollars of free product every year
Cons: can be a cutthroat industry
Playing with makeup all day? Helping people look and feel their best? What's not to love?
Estee Lauder
Beauty Adviser (Former Employee), Weatherford, TXJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: the amazing customers
Cons: manager wasn't good at team work
Assisted customers in selecting products suitable for their skin care needs.
Met and exceeded company expectations for Sales and Service.
Created repeat business by developing long-term relationships with regular customers.
Highly organized, efficient, and energetic; able to create office systems that improve workflow and enhance the
overall environment.
Very elegant and classic
Cosmetics Specialist (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: love to try out new products and educate my clients about them
Cons: gwp could be challenging but it helps the counter.
I enjoyed friendly interaction with customers, doing makeup and skin care technique tutorials and representing new products. My typical day at work consists of attracting clients into the store and providing excellent services. I also provide replenishment phone calls and updates on upcoming events.
Fun work environment
Freelance Make-Up Artist (Current Employee), Augusta, GAJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: fun work environment very rewarding
Cons: seasonal work, not consistent
Rewarding job making women look and feel beautiful. Performed makeovers during special promotions, holiday events and spa occasions. Teach, train & educate women on how to apply makeup to enhance her natural beauty.
Loved helping my clients.
Counter Manager (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, NYDecember 28, 2014
Pros: clients, co-workers, and product
Cons: money and management
My favorite part of the day was helping my clients with their skin care concerns- and making them feel beautiful. I truly loved the girls I worked with- we were a family. Compensation was not up to par with the goals that were demanded. Short on staff- no help from management.
Great learning experience
Director of Demand Planning (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 15, 2014
Enjoyed taking my brand live on SAP-APO Demand Planning systems. This was a monster effort which brought great benefits to the brand. We were able to leverage the reporting capabilities and bring a new level of understanding to our business. The job is highly matrixed and involved working with difficult personalities in a positive and productive manner.
Fun, makeup
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), Toledo, OHNovember 26, 2014
A typical day I would come into work and clean makeup brushes and get ready to do customers makeup. The most enjoyable part of my job was making customers feel beautiful. The hardest part of my job was cold calling customers and asking them to purchase makeup.
Supportive office environment
Temp - Global Marketing, Color & Trend + GBSC (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 24, 2014
Good work/life balance and great people in office. Like to hire/promote from within, so potential growth opportunities.

1 2 3 4 5

About Estee Lauder

The Estée Lauder Companies Inc. is one of the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of quality skin care, makeup, – Read more

Estee Lauder Salaries