Estee Lauder Employee Reviews

good place to work
Freelance Make-Up Associate (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 18, 2017
this is a rely good place to work. it has given me a rely good work life balance. i would tell any one i know looking for a job to deftly work here if they can
ELC is great, however poor management ruined the experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJune 18, 2017
I happened to be in a location that was not ideal and that particular store was in turmoil due t lack of leadership and extremely poor management. In the 12 months I was there, we had 2 GM's and there was constant back-biting. Not my type of environmentto work.
Wonderful brand
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCJune 15, 2017
A typical day at work for estee lauder in my store (dillards) is very slow. Recruiting customers is necessary otherwise you may have a day where you do not sell a single item. Poor communication within management and AC's.
Pros
Gratis
Cons
Poor communication
Revolving Door of Counters
Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  White Marsh, MDJune 7, 2017
Estee isn't really a big issue, its the department stores you work for who only care about credit apps. I've seen some pull counters out of a 30,000 deficits and the store management could care less because no credit apps were opened. Estee does try to look out for their own though it seems like they're caught right now between being faithful to old clientele and attracting trendy clientele. But I will say their yearly inflation of product prices doesn't help much at all in regards to the ever-growing affordable competition. All in all, nothing you do will ever be satisfactory in retail. STAY AWAY FROM MACYS.
very professional
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 5, 2017
Good atmosphere
Good workplace
Fast-paced
Dependable
Always on time
Typical day would consist of pressing make up into trays
10 hour day
Good management
I love the brand.
Clinique Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Clovis, NMJune 4, 2017
Learning about the Estee Lauder & Clinique products gave me insight into how great they are & gave me the capability to teach clients how to use them.
they play music
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYJune 4, 2017
people at the job have learned to make the night go by faster by being comical as well as learning other fields of operation especially when a machine is in need of repair and your waiting on a mechanic to fix the problem this way nobody falls asleep on the lines ,, we also make up challenge game like name that tune while the music is playing
Pros
nice cafeateria
Cons
supervisiors who play favoritism
Relaxed and Well Kept Environment
Lead Advisor/Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MAJune 1, 2017
I worked there for 9 months and I thought it was nice: I worked at Aveda. The staff and environment were good, only con is you're standing on your feet all day and well that's retail!
Pros
Nice staff, friendly environment
Cons
Standing on feet all day
Not a great full-time job
Counter Manager (Current Employee) –  IowaMay 31, 2017
Very little money, small commission, awkward to work with other counters. Sometimes you have to work at other places in the store (shoes, kids, etc) which makes it hard to make daily goals.
Pros
Free products
Cons
Team selling, small commission
Estée Lauder the company is ok, the problem is the department stores they affiliate with.
Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GAMay 31, 2017
Estée Lauder the company is ok, the problem is the department stores they affiliate with such as Dillard's, Macy's, Belk, etc. Outside of Estée Lauder there are a lot of separate department store expectations
Pros
Company support
Cons
Department store separate expectations
Great Team Communication
Manager, NA Demand Planning (Current Employee) –  West Hollywood, CAMay 30, 2017
Fast pace in an ever growing Brand of Estee Lauder.
The NY Executives are willing to guide you.
Great culture. Ever changing company to the current times.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Not too many Cosmetic Brand under Estee Lauder in So. Cal
Fun company to work for!
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAMay 25, 2017
Love, love, LOVE working for Estee Lauder. This is a company that truly wants you to succeed. There's many benefits to working with them, the best being FREE MAKEUP! They also send you to classes (paid for, and lunch provided).
great company
Counter Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 24, 2017
Love Working for Estee Lauder !! Room for growth and development. They support everything you want to do , business or personal . They encourage you to be your best .
Great place to work!
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAMay 24, 2017
I love having a job where I wake up in the morning and look forward to being at work because I love what I do as well as my co workers and my management team. The pay is great, the benefits are awesome. It doesn't even feel like work!
Pros
gratis, samples
Cons
breaks, managerment
Competitive but rewarding
Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMay 20, 2017
I worked in various positions: counter manager, resident makeup artist, and promotional assistant. Expectations were high for sales and service but the pay with commissions was great compared to most retail jobs, Lauder also provides many incentives for achieving sales goals.The training seminars were informative and fun with lots of free new products. We also got hundreds of dollars in gratis toward products of our choice. I learned a lot about successful marketing from this top cosmetics company.
Pros
Commissions, incentives, free products
Cons
working nights, weekends and holidays
Fun Work Place and Great store to work.
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLMay 17, 2017
Love working for Lauder. My position was counter manger at Macy's. I enjoyed teaching and training new employees making them love the brand and all the products Estée Lauder had to offer. My experience with this counter was awesome especially from upper management.
Pros
All my gratis, and loved training and seminars.
Cons
My turn over was high base pay was not that great at the time.
Work place varies from slow to busier days management not ran to well
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 17, 2017
I feel as an employee the company could do better with pay and with employees having a mind of there own. Diversity is everything in our days. The rules are getting a bit ridiculous as if we're being treated as children. The products from the line are really good but that's about it
Pros
Gratis
Cons
The rules are a bit much you can't have any type of personality there and the pay is not reasonable
Productive and fun workplace
Make up Artist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 16, 2017
Working for Estee Lauder is fun yet can sometimes feel a little stressful. The environment itself is very fun and energetic, you learn something new everyday if not from your peers then from a client. Management are always working in bettering their employees, making sure they stay on track and helping them grow within the company. The hardest part of the job is making sure you numbers/goal is on top weekly and meets standards. The most enjoyable part of the job is making your customers/ private clients feel beautiful. Giving them the amazing unforgettable experience with confidence its Estee Lauder is all about.
Pros
gratis, discounts
Awesome company
Selling Business Manager (Current Employee) –  South Florida, FLMay 14, 2017
great company to work for. cares about employees. Wants employees to be trained therefore educates a lot. The retailers may suck but the company itself is awesome.
Not fair to Retail Workers
Sales Clerk (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 13, 2017
Estee Lauder is a great company to work for as long as you don't work in the retail department There is no chance for growth you either stay or leave.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Estee Lauder. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2