Estee Lauder Employee Reviews

Nice people to work with and a great work environment. They also provided great incentives for growth within the company.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 16, 2017
I loved working with this company and enjoyed the benefits and the flexibility while raising my children.I also enjoyed the schools and trainers that taught me all my selling and makeup skills.The management was also very pleasant to work. The company also provided nice work environment! A typical day at work started with a goal for the day. The hardest part was probably meeting the monthly goals set for the counter.The work culture was fine.
Pros
free schooling, gratis and meetings were well organized and trainers were great.
Cons
traveling and standing a lot
Great Benefits, Poor Management
PMO Manager, Process, Metrics & Tools (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYDecember 8, 2016
Typical day at the job was being micromanaged by a VP that had no clue how to manage people. Work was never correct in their eyes, your opinion didn't matter. A very hierarchical structure where if you spoke to someone with out manager approval, you got questioned as to why,. If you did something that wasn't approved by your manager, you'd get spoken to. If you tried to make process improvements they were never put into place. Your ideas were taken and presented to upper management by others as their own. Then you were told that you weren't doing your job. Never encountered such a toxic environment, and hope to never again.
Benefits
Cons
Micromanager incompetent manager
Worked here 4 years
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bristol, PAJanuary 12, 2017
Not a lot of room for growth. You have to be really good at what you do or know somebody in management to recommend you to move up. Only worked here during school days but did not feel like will be advanced so left company for better opportunity. Good benefits only if you get a full time opportunity.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Advancement
Estee Lauder is a great company to work for as freelance employee
Lead Artist/Regional Featured Artist (Former Employee) –  Various locationsMarch 23, 2017
I enjoyed freelance work I did for Estee Lauder. They paid well and provided ability to work when I wanted and how much I wanted. I moved up quickly within the parameters of the position I held.
Pros
Working hours I wanted
Cons
not steady pay and no benefits
Estée Lauder Sales and Education Executive
Sales and Education Executive (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 8, 2016
Estée Lauder is a fun and competitive environment. The company invests in training and developing their executives and looks for ways to incorporate the field executives feedback. In 5 years, our territories were realigned 3 times to compensate for job cuts.
Pros
Great benefits, fun company culture, development
Cons
Extended travel, large market geographic, always "on"
Fantastic company to work for, loads of benefits
Industrial Engineer Co-Op (Former Employee) –  Bristol, PANovember 8, 2016
Very good company to work for! workers and managements are very well connected.

good pay, plenty of rooms to move upward because there are 4 or 5 factories in the same region.

I have no thing negative to say about this company
Pros
Good culture, good pay, benefits
Cons
not a lot of overtime.
Long Hours
Senior Consultant, Estee Lauder Corporate Ventures (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYFebruary 6, 2017
Great company to work for, although highly compartmentalized. Great benefits and really cool brands. Multiple locations for everyone.
fun , productive,
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 28, 2016
• Achieve Sales Goal Every Day
• Recruit New Customers - A great way to ensure that you make your day, every day!
• Service Above Expectations - Provide exceptional service to every customer.
• Demonstrate Three Products - Always show customer at least three products.
Build Relationships - Use client registry to stay in touch with your customers.
Pros
great pay, flexible hours, make own schedule.
Cons
no benefits as a freelancer
Great learning experience
Resident Aesthetician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 3, 2017
Outstanding , Productive and healthy enviroment with room to grow
and flexibility. Extremely Professional . working for Estee Lauder was a life changing experience , I learned how to interact with all types of personalities. I was always treated with Respect and Appreciation. I learned from management and was always given continous training about new products , which allowed me to be well informed. Team work was always in effect. I highly recommend A ++Company.
Pros
1hr lunch break
Cons
Productive and fun place to work at!
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILFebruary 1, 2017
Working at Estee Lauder is like working at a family owned business, because the company takes care of you and train you to become a better worker and beauty advisor. I loved working for Estee Lauder and if i were to go back in the cosmetic industry, i would still pick Estee Lauder!
Pros
Free cosmetics, amazing people to work with, amazing products, training, fair treatment
Cons
Daily Goals, promotion stress
The best company to work for
Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 5, 2017
It's a company who teach you the great way to connect to the customer and the are very concern about how to prepared the beauty advice to perform they're job that's give the best experience for the customer ho comes to the counter asking for help for their concerns.
Every season the company offer a seminar to prepare the associates for the new products that coming out.
The company teach you in amazing way ho to create loyalty with the customer and keep in touch with them.
Estee Lauder gives you the tools to lean more about the company and the products giving you a website in where you can review information product and make your own questions about any doubt that you have.
Pros
Evethyng is perfect
Cons
The schedule
Very competitive and fast paced sales job.
Cosmetic Consultant (Former Employee) –  Blomingdale's, White Plains, NYJanuary 24, 2017
A typical day as a Cosmetic Consultant consists of customer satisfaction of product and maintaining a professional and well-stocked workplace. Achieving daily, weekly and monthly sales goals, were rewarded by commissions and monthly recognition program. An extremely professional company to work for.
Pros
Very generous commissions and recognition program.
Cons
Turnover of Management.
productive and humane ,fun
Operator (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYDecember 1, 2016
Nice workplace with human relations, work ethics,cafeteria and safety, but payment and advancement prospects not to the mark.
Pros
nice cafeteria, big parking spaces, friendly workers and management
Cons
nomoinal pay scales
Amazing company to work for and to be apart of
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 18, 2016
I love working for Estee Lauder. What a wonderful company it is to be apart of. The company is constantly looking to keep growing and expanding. The account executives are willing to go above and beyond to help you excel your own business. I would recommend working for them to anyone.
Pros
Constantly improve and evolving the culture of the brand.
Cons
Retail Hours
Productive and Amazingly Fun
Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange, TXFebruary 12, 2017
A typical day at the Estee Lauder Counter consists of making sure all cases are clean and sraight while performing customer service to customers wanting to buy products. At the Estee Lauder counter we do make-overs and consultaions. My favorite time of year is Prom when all the girls schedule their make-overs. It is very enjoyable and great experience where you connect with your client. Its amazing to see your client satisfied with the work you have done.
underpaid staff no room for advancement
Mail Handler (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 25, 2017
I have been with the company for almost three years. This company does not offer room for advancement. On a positive note the work load is consider to be a work out; lifting heavy boxes and consistently standing on your feet.
Loved the product, brand and culture!
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Bay City, MIFebruary 16, 2017
Inspiring leadership team! Great products and opportunities for advancement! The training and development of associates was unprecedented! I have never loved a company more!
On the Job Training
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJanuary 4, 2017
The structure is well rounded for all levels needed for the business. Great longevity for any individual willing to work hard and stay focused. Make good use of your resources.
Pros
Team meetings
Cons
Formal Training
productive and competitive
Counter manager/ Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 24, 2017
It was a very competitive job but had opportunity to grow with the company. I worked at a very small counter so it was hard to meet goals. Overall it was a good company to work for
easy company
manifactur production (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYMarch 2, 2017
easy company to work for you meet a lot of people ,you experience a lot and learn new things everyday and its a big company,i love estee lauder is fun and you work hard

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Estee Lauder. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2