Estee Lauder Employee Reviews in United States

fun, innovative, retail hours, name recognition
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 10, 2016
Great place to start retail/sales career. Great to be a part of a large company that give you job stability. Nice to preview new products before they launch to public.
Pros
Great place to start in sales, brand awareness, new products
Cons
Long hours, competitive marketplace, strict image guidelines
Fun Place to work
Assistant Leader (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 9, 2015
 Manage, direct and control all activities related to Training/Employee Development such as management information systems, training and development as it relates to Sales.
 Improve Customer Service by monitoring, providing feedback and coaching to all sales advisors.
 Provide customer service leadership with regard to all facets of customer contact.
 Set standards of performance for all levels of services to facilitate customer retention and achievement.
 Collaborate with cross-functional management to identify process breakdown points and develop innovative solutions.
 Train employees and management so that world-class service is emphasized and delivered, career paths are obtainable, and employees understand their career potential.
Pros
Great Benefits
rewarding friendly work environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYOctober 20, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of assisting my managers with their daily tasks which usually consisted of reviewing data for potential errors. I learned more than I could have ever imagined. I learned how to use new software systems such as CPM and SAP. Management was incredible they helped me and assisted me with any issues I had. My Coworkers also were always very helpful with any questions I had. The hardest part of my job was leaving. The most enjoyable part of my job was insuring that I was headed down the right career path for me.
No Means Next
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 6, 2016
-Estee Lauder is a great company to work for and holds a beautiful story behind it. This woman had a dream and a passion for cosmetics, and she went for it! This company is constantly growing, and has many other brands on board.
-Job is very hands on, introducing skincare and make up tutorials is crucial in building business.
-Having great customer skills, and building lasting connections. The customer overall experience is important, it is what sets you apart from the competition.
-Coworkers are generally ok, in the cosmetics department it is hard to have positive relationships. Others like to gossip, or walk away with your business, which means your counter loses $$. It is better to keep to yourself.
-Management is completely unorganized at Macy's not Estee Lauder. That is what has made it most difficult to work for this cosmetics brand. I was not in love with my work environment. There was a lack of care for employees.
-The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new people and building business, just watching all the hard work turn into positive growth made me feel proud.
Great environment, IF you're a permanent employee.
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYMarch 23, 2016
This company thrives off hiring temps. They hire countless temps that outnumber the permanent employees. It creates a bad environment when the perms are getting paid a LOT more to do the same work as the temps. There needs to be a structure with an end date where the temp is temp to perm after a certain time period.

This company, as I'm sure a lot of other companies do, hires people based on if they have a relative that works at the company. They do not care if they are completely under qualified, as long as they have a relative that's an employee they're golden.

Overall, a majority of the people hired are hard, intelligent workers who do their jobs correctly. There is a lot of intellectual thinking that goes on within the labs.
Pros
Bag sale, discount at the company store
Cons
Cannot get specific items at company store as a temp, not allowed at the holiday party, no PTO, no sick days, no holiday pay, no affordable insurance
Accelerating Family Run Business
Finance (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 7, 2015
Although this is a public company, it's still a family run business. Many of senior management have been around for 30 years. Company is on a great trajectory.
Pros
Great benefits, healthcare, products
Cons
Hard to advance
Fun place to work with freedom to express myself through make up
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 16, 2015
I love having a job where I wake up in the morning and look forward to being at work because I love what I do as well as my co workers and my management team. The pay is great, the benefits are awesome. It doesn't even feel like work!
fun workplace
Assembly Line Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJune 16, 2015
The job was exciting and interesting. I learned new things and I liked doing it. I enjoyed working with different people. The best part of the jobs was making perfumes and getting to smell the different fragrances. The worst part of the job was the mess we would have to clean up after the work was finished.
Pros
Gifts on the holidays
Cons
No benefits
Clinique Business Manager
Clinique Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 14, 2015
The worst paying job I have ever held. I moved our team from No.6 to No.1 in sales for our district. I never received the bonus promised and since I was salary...my hours averaged 50-55 a week making only 29k annually.
So much is expected from you by upper management for this position. Sounds glamorous and fun...NOT
Pros
make up discounts
Cons
upper management, long hours, low pay and lousy benefits
making clients feel more beautul then ever!
Freelance Makeup artist (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 12, 2016
I learned through out the years of doing make up and styling hair, is to really listen and understand your clients needs make them feel like a guest in your home treat them with respect and honesty! I really enjoyed all my clients reactions after I was done with my work, making them feel beautiful from the inside out. and really you are nothing without teamwork when you all get along and put your hands together to make a company work you can't go wrong, it makes it a more pleasant place for the customer to be in!
Fun place to work
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIMay 14, 2015
Enjoyed the benefits and perks of the job
enjoyed the uniforms and my coworkers.
It was difficult trying to remember every product and it's benefit, as well as being able to get sales on our slowest days.
Pros
awesome gratis, flexible schedule, work/life balance
Cons
gift with purchase goals and goodwill goals
creative and fun place to work.
Customer service rep. Make-up artist/cashier (Former Employee) –  concord, CAOctober 19, 2015
Fulfilling the customers needs was a priority.
I learned that everyone is unique and should be handled with care.
The management was very reliable and made sure everything ran smoothly. I really enjoyed working with my co-workers. We made a great team. The hardest part of the job was learning how to divide my time between customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was making people feel as though They were number one.
Pros
putting make-up on people all day
Cons
not enough hours
Beware of consumer care
Consumer Care Representatives (Former Employee) –  Bristol, PAOctober 27, 2015
Toxic work environment. This place is a cesspool....It's a culture of nepotism and bigotry. Working hard will not get you ahead in the consumer care department. Those who sleep all day, harass subordinates and make inappropriate/racist comments get promoted. I wouldn't recommend this place if it were the last job on the face of the earth. The managers act like plantation masters
Pros
None worth mentioning
Cons
Everything I can possibly think of
Making people feel beautiful through makeup
Manager & Beauty Advisor, Dillards/Estee Lauder (Former Employee) –  Coralville, IANovember 24, 2015
As a beauty advisor/manager at Estee Lauder, I was able to help women feel confident by enhancing their appearance through makeup application techniques. It was a rewarding experience, which helped me further explore career aspirations in customer service.
Tiring
perfume Packager (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYDecember 8, 2015
Same routine everyday, feels like your days are depressing. It is very organized the way they do things, but its not somewhere I would personally want to stay for the rest of my career.
Stepping Stone with no real growth
Estee Lauder Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJuly 18, 2015
Working for the Estee Lauder brand gave me lots of experience and confidence in the Cosmetic Industry. However, the stress of the job killed my love of Cosmetics. I almost left the Industry to pursue other opportunities.
Pros
Gratis, Training, Great Customers, Awesome Coworkers
Cons
Management was terrible. No work life balance. No regard for your personal life or time off. Texting, calling, or emailing all hours of day or night.
Great First Real Job
Network Securiy (Former Employee) –  melville, nySeptember 4, 2014
Typical Day started at 6am, scheduling the VP's day, travel, meetings, in between interning, going to school full-time I was working 40 hours a week and managed to get s promotion after two years! I worked for the VP of Internal Security and was basically a watchdog for the employees under him. I handled most new employee paperwork. Time cards, Misc reports.

Once being promoted my main job was to be big brother and make sure employes were not spending too many hours online or on inappropriate sites. I helped he IT department build computers and would use Wedbtrends to track anything that seemed specious,

The hardest part of the job was the building PC's, I would say the easiest and most interesting was the reports on internet usage,
Pros
free lunch, great benefits, great pay for a college job
Cons
long hours for my busy schedule
Good Company
REGIONAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  PrivateApril 10, 2015
Great benefits, culture, career advancement, environment is positive, people are awesome. I would recommend and encourage people to work at this company.
Good company, good product
Manager (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYApril 12, 2016
The manufacturing plant in NY is a great place to work. they care about the people, provide great benefits and regularly communicate with each other.
Pros
people, benefits
Cons
not sure about future of product, probalby needs to be more environmental to survive long term
STRICT but enjoyable
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOSeptember 21, 2015
If you are a makeup enthusiast like me, this may be a great job to get your foot in the door of the beauty industry, but not a place for you to necessarily show your creative makeup skills. The sales goals were very strict, and when you work in a mall that is not that busy and for a short shift, it is very difficult to meet those goals. My coworkers were very fair and honest and not at all cutthroat, despite it being a commissioned job. The hardest part of this job by far was PRE-SELLING THE FREE GIFT WITH PURCHASE. Pre-selling started a few weeks after my first day on the sales floor. As you can imagine, I hadn't had a good clientele that new me and my name. As a new BA, with not that many clients of your own, it was very difficult to get customers to shop with me over the phone. I honestly think that with a better set of circumstances I could've stuck it out with this job, though.
Pros
Playing with makeup, paid 30 minute breaks, good pay
Cons
Very strict sales goals, can be stressful