Estee Lauder Employee Reviews

Process operator
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJuly 24, 2017
This job doesn't care about you but it pays every week. It's very diverse but the staff doesn't know how to talk to people, they try to belittle you, etc. getting the product done is more important than what you have going on. All the work we do, the pay should be higher
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Short breaks
Estee Lauder is a good company
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Westfield, NJJuly 18, 2017
However, the practice of looking away when unethical practices are being "practiced", by certain individuals did not sit well with me. I do understand why upper management had to look in the other direction, but I did not approve of it,
I loved the training, learning about the products, make-up application techniques, selling to dreams and desires.Asking open-ended questions.
I did hate the cut-throat counter culture. It was vicious, more vicious than anywhere I'd ever worked.
Pros
Generous Gratis !
Cons
Cut-throat Counter Culture
Luxury Beauty Products
Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Bloomingdale, ILJuly 17, 2017
I loved the job itself. I loved the product. However, I did not like being in charge of there ppl. I did not like the hours mostly bc my husband had to work similar ones and we have 3 children.
Pros
lots of free products, gain lots of skin care knowledge
Cons
Other consultants weren't as committed to Estee standards, The dept store is really in charge and so you play by their rules
My experience
Beauty Consultant/Counter Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 13, 2017
typically during the day it may be slow it may be fast paced. It has a lot of recruiting to bring in new clients to demonstrate and educate about any new products that were trending on the market. Working with this company taught me many different things about cosmetics and skin care. What i loved about my job was servicing my clients and helping them find and purchase the products that were meant for them as well as solving any issue my clients had to ensure great quality service. Hardest part was upselling products or getting a customer to buy when sometimes they just want samples and may not buy any products.
Pros
free make up bonuses but the overall reward of knowing you provided great customer service
Cons
some months business is okay or it may be slow depending if there is a sale
Fun place to work
Accounts Payable- Aveda Processor (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYJuly 13, 2017
Estee Lauder is a wonderful place to work and I absolutely love it, however the company is going through a restructuring period and the finance dept is at a high risk of losing our jobs due to outsourcing. The hardest part of my job is the amount of emails I get daily. I have learned how to multi-task and take care of all of my tasks in a timely manner. The management is wonderful, they are so easy going and approachable. A typical day at work is a busy one, but I enjoy being kept busy and learning new tasks. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people.
Pros
Fun and exciting work enviornment
Cons
Job instability
Great company and great culture
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Guaynabo, PRJuly 11, 2017
The growth opportunities are real and the work team, from senior management onwards are very ethical and professional.

The compensation plan includes benefits such as medical plan, retirement, stocks, vacations and sick days.
Estee Lauder
Lab Technician/Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Bristol, PAJuly 8, 2017
The particular facility that I worked at had both permanent and temporary employees working together, doing the same job. The temporary employees did 90% of the work and the permanent employees played games on their phones and computer. Permanent employee's often ate within the lab.
Working on assembly line can be challenging but fun at the same time
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJuly 1, 2017
We filled the jars and put caps on them we packed them we got them prepared to go out to the stores. Working in the warehouse can be very fun depending on who you work with if you work with nice people is fine if you work with evil people is no fun.
enjoyable
Manager (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCJune 29, 2017
I enjoyed working as a manager and makeup artist for Estee Lauder. I love the interaction with people and the products are high quality. I was able to be creative using my management skills and educator experience.
Pros
people
Cons
my feet would kill me sometimes
Intro to the cosmetic industry
Assistant counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 28, 2017
Great company to have an intro to the cosmetic industry since Estee Lauder owns most major brands of cosmetics. Learning basic skills for management, selling, customer service and overall product knowledge is great.
Pros
Estee Lauder Brand
Cons
Basic company

Want to know more about Estee Lauder?

Ask a question
good place to work
Freelance Make-Up Associate (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 18, 2017
this is a rely good place to work. it has given me a rely good work life balance. i would tell any one i know looking for a job to deftly work here if they can
ELC is great, however poor management ruined the experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJune 18, 2017
I happened to be in a location that was not ideal and that particular store was in turmoil due t lack of leadership and extremely poor management. In the 12 months I was there, we had 2 GM's and there was constant back-biting. Not my type of environmentto work.
Wonderful brand
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCJune 15, 2017
A typical day at work for estee lauder in my store (dillards) is very slow. Recruiting customers is necessary otherwise you may have a day where you do not sell a single item. Poor communication within management and AC's.
Pros
Gratis
Cons
Poor communication
Revolving Door of Counters
Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  White Marsh, MDJune 7, 2017
Estee isn't really a big issue, its the department stores you work for who only care about credit apps. I've seen some pull counters out of a 30,000 deficits and the store management could care less because no credit apps were opened. Estee does try to look out for their own though it seems like they're caught right now between being faithful to old clientele and attracting trendy clientele. But I will say their yearly inflation of product prices doesn't help much at all in regards to the ever-growing affordable competition. All in all, nothing you do will ever be satisfactory in retail. STAY AWAY FROM MACYS.
very professional
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 5, 2017
Good atmosphere
Good workplace
Fast-paced
Dependable
Always on time
Typical day would consist of pressing make up into trays
10 hour day
Good management
I love the brand.
Clinique Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Clovis, NMJune 4, 2017
Learning about the Estee Lauder & Clinique products gave me insight into how great they are & gave me the capability to teach clients how to use them.
they play music
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYJune 4, 2017
people at the job have learned to make the night go by faster by being comical as well as learning other fields of operation especially when a machine is in need of repair and your waiting on a mechanic to fix the problem this way nobody falls asleep on the lines ,, we also make up challenge game like name that tune while the music is playing
Pros
nice cafeateria
Cons
supervisiors who play favoritism
Relaxed and Well Kept Environment
Lead Advisor/Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MAJune 1, 2017
I worked there for 9 months and I thought it was nice: I worked at Aveda. The staff and environment were good, only con is you're standing on your feet all day and well that's retail!
Pros
Nice staff, friendly environment
Cons
Standing on feet all day
Not a great full-time job
Counter Manager (Current Employee) –  IowaMay 31, 2017
Very little money, small commission, awkward to work with other counters. Sometimes you have to work at other places in the store (shoes, kids, etc) which makes it hard to make daily goals.
Pros
Free products
Cons
Team selling, small commission
Estée Lauder the company is ok, the problem is the department stores they affiliate with.
Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GAMay 31, 2017
Estée Lauder the company is ok, the problem is the department stores they affiliate with such as Dillard's, Macy's, Belk, etc. Outside of Estée Lauder there are a lot of separate department store expectations
Pros
Company support
Cons
Department store separate expectations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Estee Lauder. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2