Estee Lauder Employee Reviews in United States

My boss is awezone
Fragrances Sales Specialist, and Freelancer (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJFebruary 20, 2016
Typical day at work is help macys customer and staff find the fragrance they need also spray blotter card, demostrate the products etc.

I learned more about fragrances and their notes, and ingridients

Management is fine overall I am a vendor so the interaction with them is very little.

All vendors are competitors and a healthy way I love to sale sale sale !!!

There is not hard part my only complaint is I need more hours and a full time job .

I enjoy it all of way love my job . My boss is awezone !!!
Pros
GRATIS
Cons
NO ENOUGH HOURS NO OPPORTUNITY TO GROWTH MY CAREER
fun, innovative, retail hours, name recognition
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 10, 2016
Great place to start retail/sales career. Great to be a part of a large company that give you job stability. Nice to preview new products before they launch to public.
Pros
Great place to start in sales, brand awareness, new products
Cons
Long hours, competitive marketplace, strict image guidelines
rewarding friendly work environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYOctober 20, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of assisting my managers with their daily tasks which usually consisted of reviewing data for potential errors. I learned more than I could have ever imagined. I learned how to use new software systems such as CPM and SAP. Management was incredible they helped me and assisted me with any issues I had. My Coworkers also were always very helpful with any questions I had. The hardest part of my job was leaving. The most enjoyable part of my job was insuring that I was headed down the right career path for me.
I had one of the best experience working for this company, all the Managers are very proffesional and all the co-workers were as a family members.
Manufacturing Support and Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJanuary 15, 2016
A typical day of work was to read the PO's and start the day with a great attitude.
I learned a lot about Manufacturing and Warehouse, also to Operate some machines.
Management were excellent.
My co-workers were very friendly and also they always were ready to help me in anything I need at work.
The hardest part of the job, I believe was sometimes we have to lift heavy machinery and chemicals.
The most enjoyable part of the job was that every single employee cooperate in the job.
Pros
Bonus, Gift certificates, Family Pic nic, Chritsmas Party, Sick day bonus. Very good Health Insurance
Cons
Nothing at all.
No Means Next
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 6, 2016
-Estee Lauder is a great company to work for and holds a beautiful story behind it. This woman had a dream and a passion for cosmetics, and she went for it! This company is constantly growing, and has many other brands on board.
-Job is very hands on, introducing skincare and make up tutorials is crucial in building business.
-Having great customer skills, and building lasting connections. The customer overall experience is important, it is what sets you apart from the competition.
-Coworkers are generally ok, in the cosmetics department it is hard to have positive relationships. Others like to gossip, or walk away with your business, which means your counter loses $$. It is better to keep to yourself.
-Management is completely unorganized at Macy's not Estee Lauder. That is what has made it most difficult to work for this cosmetics brand. I was not in love with my work environment. There was a lack of care for employees.
-The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new people and building business, just watching all the hard work turn into positive growth made me feel proud.
Fun, Fast Paced and Creative work environment
freelance makeup artist-MAC cosmetics (Current Employee) –  Los AngelesOctober 17, 2015
Great work place for makeup artist who needs the freedom to explore other avenues in their career. I enjoy working for Estee Lauder Companies because not only are they the lead in the cosmetic industry but the growth, knowledge, and experience you gain is far more worth any compensation.
Pros
Freedom, Good pay, creative work environment
Cons
Few benefits
Fun Place to work
Assistant Leader (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 9, 2015
 Manage, direct and control all activities related to Training/Employee Development such as management information systems, training and development as it relates to Sales.
 Improve Customer Service by monitoring, providing feedback and coaching to all sales advisors.
 Provide customer service leadership with regard to all facets of customer contact.
 Set standards of performance for all levels of services to facilitate customer retention and achievement.
 Collaborate with cross-functional management to identify process breakdown points and develop innovative solutions.
 Train employees and management so that world-class service is emphasized and delivered, career paths are obtainable, and employees understand their career potential.
Pros
Great Benefits
Great environment, IF you're a permanent employee.
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYMarch 23, 2016
This company thrives off hiring temps. They hire countless temps that outnumber the permanent employees. It creates a bad environment when the perms are getting paid a LOT more to do the same work as the temps. There needs to be a structure with an end date where the temp is temp to perm after a certain time period.

This company, as I'm sure a lot of other companies do, hires people based on if they have a relative that works at the company. They do not care if they are completely under qualified, as long as they have a relative that's an employee they're golden.

Overall, a majority of the people hired are hard, intelligent workers who do their jobs correctly. There is a lot of intellectual thinking that goes on within the labs.
Pros
Bag sale, discount at the company store
Cons
Cannot get specific items at company store as a temp, not allowed at the holiday party, no PTO, no sick days, no holiday pay, no affordable insurance
Fast-paced and energetic culture
Account Executive (Regional Manager) (Current Employee) –  VirginiaApril 25, 2016
I manage a $9.5M territory that consists of 25 stores within 5 retailers. There is quite a bit of traveling throughout the week (16-20 hours), however, no two weeks are the same. I am in my office normally one day a week and visiting stores and associates the other 4 days. I manage about 70 associates and a team of 12 freelance associates.

The most rewarding part of my position is developing my team members professionally. Being a traveling executive has taught me how to multitask for 8 hours a day and adjust my focus to accommodate shifting priorities.
Pros
Company Car, annual bonus, free products
Cons
always "on" and plugged in, long hours, no stationary office
a great start to build sales and customer service experience. friendly enviornment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVMarch 28, 2016
great place to work if your starting out in sales and customer service.
friendly staff limited advancement opportunities
Pros
great sales experience
Cons
limited advancement
Excellent workplace with great people
Security Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakland, NJJanuary 27, 2016
Estee Lauder manufacturing plant was a excellent work environment which along with the employees made of one of the most pleasing places to be employed. This company knew the value of an employee to a team.
Pros
great pay, excellent benefits and many giveaways
Cons
moved out of state
productive
Make artist/sales associate (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJanuary 20, 2016
Working as a makeup artist at estee lauder was simply awesome I got to work with an meet different cultures along with strengthen m skills as an sales associate and make up artist ,it also allowed me to pick up more skills on perfecting my customer service skills.
Pros
working for the company
Cons
creative and fun place to work.
Customer service rep. Make-up artist/cashier (Former Employee) –  concord, CAOctober 19, 2015
Fulfilling the customers needs was a priority.
I learned that everyone is unique and should be handled with care.
The management was very reliable and made sure everything ran smoothly. I really enjoyed working with my co-workers. We made a great team. The hardest part of the job was learning how to divide my time between customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was making people feel as though They were number one.
Pros
putting make-up on people all day
Cons
not enough hours
sales ,make up ,perfumes
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 25, 2015
special events ,promotions, make up ,orders sales ,cleaning of the working space .i loved sale part of it ,i was great at it .love learning different things and seeing people from every culture. I had so much fun during the events but it was also stressful still it was a great experience
Pros
learned about make up and skin
Cons
very very competitive coworkers
Stepping Stone with no real growth
Estee Lauder Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJuly 18, 2015
Working for the Estee Lauder brand gave me lots of experience and confidence in the Cosmetic Industry. However, the stress of the job killed my love of Cosmetics. I almost left the Industry to pursue other opportunities.
Pros
Gratis, Training, Great Customers, Awesome Coworkers
Cons
Management was terrible. No work life balance. No regard for your personal life or time off. Texting, calling, or emailing all hours of day or night.
making clients feel more beautul then ever!
Freelance Makeup artist (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 12, 2016
I learned through out the years of doing make up and styling hair, is to really listen and understand your clients needs make them feel like a guest in your home treat them with respect and honesty! I really enjoyed all my clients reactions after I was done with my work, making them feel beautiful from the inside out. and really you are nothing without teamwork when you all get along and put your hands together to make a company work you can't go wrong, it makes it a more pleasant place for the customer to be in!
Tiring
perfume Packager (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYDecember 8, 2015
Same routine everyday, feels like your days are depressing. It is very organized the way they do things, but its not somewhere I would personally want to stay for the rest of my career.
Education was great
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 27, 2016
We hold lots of events at our counter, as we are the busiest counter in the city. A typical day is filled with performing several make overs and advising clients on skin care regiment and the best product for their skin type.
The thing I enjoy most about my job is the education and introduction to new products. I like that we have "class" pretty regularly, allowing us to really understand how a product works and how to provide the best advice to our clients.
Making people feel beautiful through makeup
Manager & Beauty Advisor, Dillards/Estee Lauder (Former Employee) –  Coralville, IANovember 24, 2015
As a beauty advisor/manager at Estee Lauder, I was able to help women feel confident by enhancing their appearance through makeup application techniques. It was a rewarding experience, which helped me further explore career aspirations in customer service.
It was a producitve learning experience working there
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 8, 2015
A typical day at my work was very busy and eclectic, doing multitasking activities, learning about how to set inventory layout etc.,, having great coworkers, can't said the same about the management team, who were the hardest part of the job.
Pros
free merchandise, great coworkers
Cons
bad management team

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Estee Lauder. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2