Estee Lauder Employee Reviews

Fun company to work for!
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAMay 25, 2017
Love, love, LOVE working for Estee Lauder. This is a company that truly wants you to succeed. There's many benefits to working with them, the best being FREE MAKEUP! They also send you to classes (paid for, and lunch provided).
great company
Counter Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 24, 2017
Love Working for Estee Lauder !! Room for growth and development. They support everything you want to do , business or personal . They encourage you to be your best .
Great place to work!
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAMay 24, 2017
I love having a job where I wake up in the morning and look forward to being at work because I love what I do as well as my co workers and my management team. The pay is great, the benefits are awesome. It doesn't even feel like work!
Pros
gratis, samples
Cons
breaks, managerment
Competitive but rewarding
Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMay 20, 2017
I worked in various positions: counter manager, resident makeup artist, and promotional assistant. Expectations were high for sales and service but the pay with commissions was great compared to most retail jobs, Lauder also provides many incentives for achieving sales goals.The training seminars were informative and fun with lots of free new products. We also got hundreds of dollars in gratis toward products of our choice. I learned a lot about successful marketing from this top cosmetics company.
Pros
Commissions, incentives, free products
Cons
working nights, weekends and holidays
Fun Work Place and Great store to work.
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLMay 17, 2017
Love working for Lauder. My position was counter manger at Macy's. I enjoyed teaching and training new employees making them love the brand and all the products Estée Lauder had to offer. My experience with this counter was awesome especially from upper management.
Pros
All my gratis, and loved training and seminars.
Cons
My turn over was high base pay was not that great at the time.
Work place varies from slow to busier days management not ran to well
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 17, 2017
I feel as an employee the company could do better with pay and with employees having a mind of there own. Diversity is everything in our days. The rules are getting a bit ridiculous as if we're being treated as children. The products from the line are really good but that's about it
Pros
Gratis
Cons
The rules are a bit much you can't have any type of personality there and the pay is not reasonable
Productive and fun workplace
Make up Artist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 16, 2017
Working for Estee Lauder is fun yet can sometimes feel a little stressful. The environment itself is very fun and energetic, you learn something new everyday if not from your peers then from a client. Management are always working in bettering their employees, making sure they stay on track and helping them grow within the company. The hardest part of the job is making sure you numbers/goal is on top weekly and meets standards. The most enjoyable part of the job is making your customers/ private clients feel beautiful. Giving them the amazing unforgettable experience with confidence its Estee Lauder is all about.
Pros
gratis, discounts
Awesome company
Selling Business Manager (Current Employee) –  South Florida, FLMay 14, 2017
great company to work for. cares about employees. Wants employees to be trained therefore educates a lot. The retailers may suck but the company itself is awesome.
Not fair to Retail Workers
Sales Clerk (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 13, 2017
Estee Lauder is a great company to work for as long as you don't work in the retail department There is no chance for growth you either stay or leave.
Builds Character, Hardworking, Peaceful
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Bristol, PAMay 10, 2017
A typical day at work was decent. I listened to the music played by the factory which was very diverse and picked and packed at a fast pace and very sufficient. I learned there that hard work builds character and how to deal with people that are unexperienced. Management was great, and I had a very good relationship with all the floor managers as well as my own direct manager. They offer plenty opportunities as well. The workplace culture was diverse also. The entire job was pretty difficult but it took much mental strength as well as physical. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work on lines with the people that have been there for 5+ years and getting the job done how its supposed to be.
Pros
Many Oppurtunities
Cons
N/a
Excellent Company
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYApril 30, 2017
Class people running the place. It has gotten more impersonal as it has grown. Excellent products. Good coworkers help the day. Lots of pressure to succeed
Pros
The Lauders!
Cons
Getting large
Wonderful Environment
Brand Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 29, 2017
Estee Lauder is a great company to work for. Out of all the brands Estee is truly the most established brand there is in the business. They take pride in creating long lasting relationships, with the opportunity for growth within the company.
Wonderful company, wonderful products. The range of management styles can be considerable
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 28, 2017
A typical day at work would vary greatly as I was a floater, contracting wherever I was needed. I learned much about the beauty business and how terribly competitive it is. Management was varied as it depended on what division you worked and who you worked for.
Great experience
Beauty Advisor and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 24, 2017
This has been by far my favorite job. Unfortunately I had to leave because I was employed at Carson's and worked in cosmetics and my Carson's manager was an overall jerk. My counter manager at Estee Lauder was very professional and helpful in making me grow. Great company that revolves around customers!
Pros
free makeup
Fun, Creative , and educational
Estee Lauder Beauty Advisor freelance (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 24, 2017
A typical day at work was greeting clients ,giving product knowledge and applying makeup. What I've learned is the different face features a person has and how we can pop out a feature my giving them the right materials and color. Management was great and fun always positive and helpful. The workplace culture was truly great greeting people from outside the country and out of state. The hardest part of the job was really nothing only the commute. Leaving the city at night and taking bart home was a tad scary but doable. The most enjoyable part of the job was the expressions and gratitude the clients get. Just seeing them happy and excited with my work. Having someone feel beautiful and confident means a lot.
Pros
The clients happiness and working with makeup, traveling
Cons
Commute
Productive, Informative Workplace
Retail and Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 20, 2017
A typical workday for me while working at Estee Lauder consisted of operational duties such as payroll and scheduling, oversaw fiscal planning for corporate events, developed marketing strategies to drive sales optimizing in-store inventory levels.
Pros
Sales bonus, vacation, and benefits
Education and product knowledge equals success
Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 20, 2017
Fun and great company product incentives. Sales goals and personal connections are a must to succeed. Working in the beauty departments is fun and it makes you feel pretty. Teamwork is important and being reliable as well.
Organized and amazing
Estée Lauder Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 11, 2017
One of the best internships I have eery had. I truly learned so much about marketing and it is like working and how we think of it as thins, with it's stuff bears.
Pros
All of it
Cons
You always have to dress amazingly fashionable.
Great place to work. Too bad they outsourced IT to India
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYApril 11, 2017
It was a really great and friendly place to work. We worked hard, but we had fun too. They outsourced to India to save money (which turned out to be a mistake according to people who still work there). It was a really great environment. My manager was cool. She got promoted and one of our coworkers was promoted to the new manager. She was nice too. Overall, great place to work, but we were considered consultants and did not get any benefits or employee perks.
Pros
Fun, friendly, good pay
Cons
outsourced to India, no benefits, no employee perks as consultant
Helpful, Hardworking and was New to Cosmetic
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 6, 2017
Start the day with making sure that the cash register has enough money; and make sure that the environment is clean for the customers and make sure that I have positive attitude.

I was new to cosmetics, but I have learned a lot so that I can be of help to the customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Estee Lauder. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2