Estee Lauder Employee Reviews

sales ,make up ,perfumes
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 25, 2015
special events ,promotions, make up ,orders sales ,cleaning of the working space .i loved sale part of it ,i was great at it .love learning different things and seeing people from every culture. I had so much fun during the events but it was also stressful still it was a great experience
Pros
learned about make up and skin
Cons
very very competitive coworkers
Productive work environment that gave you space to grow!
Beauty Specialist (Former Employee) –  Beverly hillsAugust 5, 2015
Everything about this company was brilliant! Everyone that was involved worked as a team and was super supportive. Management when available was also up to par!
Pros
Taught me a lot about skin care
Cons
Management was very limited.
Friendly environment
Bookkeeper, Temporary (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYAugust 2, 2015
I have only been with the Estee Lauder for a short time. The management is good and pleasant working environment. I have had good training on my job responsibilities.
Stepping Stone with no real growth
Estee Lauder Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJuly 18, 2015
Working for the Estee Lauder brand gave me lots of experience and confidence in the Cosmetic Industry. However, the stress of the job killed my love of Cosmetics. I almost left the Industry to pursue other opportunities.
Pros
Gratis, Training, Great Customers, Awesome Coworkers
Cons
Management was terrible. No work life balance. No regard for your personal life or time off. Texting, calling, or emailing all hours of day or night.
I wish it was more artistic
Full-Time Beauty Advisor/ Acting Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INJuly 7, 2015
it is a skincare based line sort of, there is definitely color but you kind of have to work with what you have. Uniforms are great but you do get bored with the same outfit almost everyday.
Nice place to work with well educated management
On-site Consultant (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJune 25, 2015
As an on-site consultant I found Estee to be very well organized and supportive of the work we were doing to migrate them to better system.
Great Company to work for
Freelance Makeup Artist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 24, 2015
I loved working for Macys and Prescriptives, they gave me the opportunity to move to sales associate in Macys to freelance makeup artist for Prescriptives Estee Lauder. Great company to work for!
Excellent company to work for
Sr. Sales and Education Executive (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 22, 2015
Estee Lauder is a five star company. They give amazing ongoing training and development opportunities to all levels in the company. They are committed to excellence in everything they do. It is a place of diversity where all walks of life are embraced
Pros
Great company
Cons
lots of travel
overall top rated
SAP O2C (OTC) consultant (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYJune 17, 2015
great professional enviroment very accmodating very diverse pleasure to work with throughout our implementation our managers handled things beautifully paving a way for great work enviroment.
Fun and Stressful lack of work life balance
Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 16, 2015
Pro
Fast paced environment
Base + commission
Great training
Great products

Con
* You have at least 4 bosses to report to, all have different agendas/ goal
* Management/ Executives text you whenever they want
* Management/ Executives have zero respect for your day off
* They hired people who are inexperienced with sales as sales managers, makes it hard to communicate
Fun place to work with freedom to express myself through make up
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 16, 2015
I love having a job where I wake up in the morning and look forward to being at work because I love what I do as well as my co workers and my management team. The pay is great, the benefits are awesome. It doesn't even feel like work!
fun workplace
Assembly Line Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJune 16, 2015
The job was exciting and interesting. I learned new things and I liked doing it. I enjoyed working with different people. The best part of the jobs was making perfumes and getting to smell the different fragrances. The worst part of the job was the mess we would have to clean up after the work was finished.
Pros
Gifts on the holidays
Cons
No benefits
Beautiful Line
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  West Nyack, NYMay 19, 2015
Great Company to work for. The company always wanted their Advisors to have all the tools available. My Co-workers were great and we all took pride in our jobs. The hardest part was re-doing the cases to the companies schematics. The best part of this job was watching my customer leave happy & feeling beautiful.
You can't pay your bills with moisturizers!
Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  PAMay 17, 2015
While it was a fun and glamorous position.....they need to be realistic in realizing that we can not pay our bills and mortgages with lipstick and moisturizers!
Fun place to work
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIMay 14, 2015
Enjoyed the benefits and perks of the job
enjoyed the uniforms and my coworkers.
It was difficult trying to remember every product and it's benefit, as well as being able to get sales on our slowest days.
Pros
awesome gratis, flexible schedule, work/life balance
Cons
gift with purchase goals and goodwill goals
Fun Place to work
Assistant Leader (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 9, 2015
 Manage, direct and control all activities related to Training/Employee Development such as management information systems, training and development as it relates to Sales.
 Improve Customer Service by monitoring, providing feedback and coaching to all sales advisors.
 Provide customer service leadership with regard to all facets of customer contact.
 Set standards of performance for all levels of services to facilitate customer retention and achievement.
 Collaborate with cross-functional management to identify process breakdown points and develop innovative solutions.
 Train employees and management so that world-class service is emphasized and delivered, career paths are obtainable, and employees understand their career potential.
Pros
Great Benefits
great work atmospheir
Counter Manager/ Celebrity Makeup Artist (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 27, 2015
I love the beauty industry and would do nothing else as a career I love estee lauder, their history, their ethics and the great people ive worked with.
Pros
meeting great people
Estee Lauder
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Nanuet NYApril 25, 2015
A great company to work for. Everyday at work was fun and the clients were amazing and loyal to the brand. The products are wonderful and easy to love. all in all I enjoyed my time with Estee Lauder.
part time
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  harrisonburg belkApril 25, 2015
beauty consultations
counter manager is disorganized always arguing with other associate
hardest part is working 5-9, no sales due to no customers
I love what I do
Easy and quick work
packager (Former Employee) –  Yaphank, NYApril 12, 2015
I had to package all goods provided by estee lauder in boxes and package the in properly for them to be ready. I had to follow daily procedures and maintain work safety.
Pros
easy work, non-stressfull
Cons
minimum hours

4.2