Estee Lauder Employee Reviews

Nice people to work with and a great work environment. They also provided great incentives for growth within the company.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 16, 2017
I loved working with this company and enjoyed the benefits and the flexibility while raising my children.I also enjoyed the schools and trainers that taught me all my selling and makeup skills.The management was also very pleasant to work. The company also provided nice work environment! A typical day at work started with a goal for the day. The hardest part was probably meeting the monthly goals set for the counter.The work culture was fine.
Pros
free schooling, gratis and meetings were well organized and trainers were great.
Cons
traveling and standing a lot
Great Benefits, Poor Management
PMO Manager, Process, Metrics & Tools (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYDecember 8, 2016
Typical day at the job was being micromanaged by a VP that had no clue how to manage people. Work was never correct in their eyes, your opinion didn't matter. A very hierarchical structure where if you spoke to someone with out manager approval, you got questioned as to why,. If you did something that wasn't approved by your manager, you'd get spoken to. If you tried to make process improvements they were never put into place. Your ideas were taken and presented to upper management by others as their own. Then you were told that you weren't doing your job. Never encountered such a toxic environment, and hope to never again.
Benefits
Cons
Micromanager incompetent manager
Worked here 4 years
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bristol, PAJanuary 12, 2017
Not a lot of room for growth. You have to be really good at what you do or know somebody in management to recommend you to move up. Only worked here during school days but did not feel like will be advanced so left company for better opportunity. Good benefits only if you get a full time opportunity.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Advancement
Estée Lauder Sales and Education Executive
Sales and Education Executive (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 8, 2016
Estée Lauder is a fun and competitive environment. The company invests in training and developing their executives and looks for ways to incorporate the field executives feedback. In 5 years, our territories were realigned 3 times to compensate for job cuts.
Pros
Great benefits, fun company culture, development
Cons
Extended travel, large market geographic, always "on"
Fantastic company to work for, loads of benefits
Industrial Engineer Co-Op (Former Employee) –  Bristol, PANovember 8, 2016
Very good company to work for! workers and managements are very well connected.

good pay, plenty of rooms to move upward because there are 4 or 5 factories in the same region.

I have no thing negative to say about this company
Pros
Good culture, good pay, benefits
Cons
not a lot of overtime.
Amazing company to work for and to be apart of
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 18, 2016
I love working for Estee Lauder. What a wonderful company it is to be apart of. The company is constantly looking to keep growing and expanding. The account executives are willing to go above and beyond to help you excel your own business. I would recommend working for them to anyone.
Pros
Constantly improve and evolving the culture of the brand.
Cons
Retail Hours
productive and humane ,fun
Operator (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYDecember 1, 2016
Nice workplace with human relations, work ethics,cafeteria and safety, but payment and advancement prospects not to the mark.
Pros
nice cafeteria, big parking spaces, friendly workers and management
Cons
nomoinal pay scales
Great learning experience
Resident Aesthetician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 3, 2017
Outstanding , Productive and healthy enviroment with room to grow
and flexibility. Extremely Professional . working for Estee Lauder was a life changing experience , I learned how to interact with all types of personalities. I was always treated with Respect and Appreciation. I learned from management and was always given continous training about new products , which allowed me to be well informed. Team work was always in effect. I highly recommend A ++Company.
Pros
1hr lunch break
Cons
A family oriented, energetic work atmosphere
Human Resources Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 17, 2016
Estee Lauder is fast paced work environment with a ton of growth potential. Management provides hands-on assistance as they strive to help you grow within the company. This family oriented, career centered atmosphere provides a wide variety of advancement opportunities in every field.
Productive and fun place to work at!
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILFebruary 1, 2017
Working at Estee Lauder is like working at a family owned business, because the company takes care of you and train you to become a better worker and beauty advisor. I loved working for Estee Lauder and if i were to go back in the cosmetic industry, i would still pick Estee Lauder!
Pros
Free cosmetics, amazing people to work with, amazing products, training, fair treatment
Cons
Daily Goals, promotion stress

Want to know more about Estee Lauder?

Ask a question
Very competitive and fast paced sales job.
Cosmetic Consultant (Former Employee) –  Blomingdale's, White Plains, NYJanuary 24, 2017
A typical day as a Cosmetic Consultant consists of customer satisfaction of product and maintaining a professional and well-stocked workplace. Achieving daily, weekly and monthly sales goals, were rewarded by commissions and monthly recognition program. An extremely professional company to work for.
Pros
Very generous commissions and recognition program.
Cons
Turnover of Management.
Fast-paced and energetic culture
Account Executive (Regional Manager) (Current Employee) –  VirginiaApril 25, 2016
I manage a $9.5M territory that consists of 25 stores within 5 retailers. There is quite a bit of traveling throughout the week (16-20 hours), however, no two weeks are the same. I am in my office normally one day a week and visiting stores and associates the other 4 days. I manage about 70 associates and a team of 12 freelance associates.

The most rewarding part of my position is developing my team members professionally. Being a traveling executive has taught me how to multitask for 8 hours a day and adjust my focus to accommodate shifting priorities.
Pros
Company Car, annual bonus, free products
Cons
always "on" and plugged in, long hours, no stationary office
Loved the product, brand and culture!
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Bay City, MIFebruary 16, 2017
Inspiring leadership team! Great products and opportunities for advancement! The training and development of associates was unprecedented! I have never loved a company more!
The best company to work for
Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 5, 2017
It's a company who teach you the great way to connect to the customer and the are very concern about how to prepared the beauty advice to perform they're job that's give the best experience for the customer ho comes to the counter asking for help for their concerns.
Every season the company offer a seminar to prepare the associates for the new products that coming out.
The company teach you in amazing way ho to create loyalty with the customer and keep in touch with them.
Estee Lauder gives you the tools to lean more about the company and the products giving you a website in where you can review information product and make your own questions about any doubt that you have.
Pros
Evethyng is perfect
Cons
The schedule
All work
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) –  Bristol, PAOctober 6, 2016
A typical day consist of clocking in and going to my work station and start stacking the boxes in the semi trailers. The management is very nice and good at their jobs. They are all about business at the end of the day. My coworkers were fun to be around I even made a couple friends. The works wasn't hard at all and the most enjoyable part of my day was clocking out and going home.
Pros
Pay rate
Cons
no cons
underpaid staff no room for advancement
Mail Handler (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 25, 2017
I have been with the company for almost three years. This company does not offer room for advancement. On a positive note the work load is consider to be a work out; lifting heavy boxes and consistently standing on your feet.
great work environment
Corporate sales associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 12, 2017
Employees were great, management was good, this job was pure customer service and the products we sold where awesome. A great place to work but only if you are a female
Pros
great employees
Cons
only can advance if your a female
Long Hours
Senior Consultant, Estee Lauder Corporate Ventures (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYFebruary 6, 2017
Great company to work for, although highly compartmentalized. Great benefits and really cool brands. Multiple locations for everyone.
Good Company.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJanuary 27, 2017
I would work for them again if they would like to accept me. I loved my job at the Cosmetics Company Store. Unfortunate that they closed my store down. Hope to continue my career selling makeup.
Pros
Good pay. Good hours.
Cons
Store closed.
On the Job Training
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJanuary 4, 2017
The structure is well rounded for all levels needed for the business. Great longevity for any individual willing to work hard and stay focused. Make good use of your resources.
Pros
Team meetings
Cons
Formal Training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Estee Lauder. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2