Estee Lauder Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Security
Packing (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYSeptember 20, 2017
I would like this job because the security might be on high rate for employees and costumers so our community can stay safe.Also, The company would help my family by buying important things for my family such as food and paying bills.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
it was great working for Estee Lauder, but Beall's has very poor management.
Clinique Counter Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, TXSeptember 18, 2017
it was great working for Estee Lauder, I enjoyed interacting with the customers and my fellow employees. I got discounts on clothes and makeup, and commission on makeup sales.

Beall's has very poor management.
Pros
discounts, health insurance
Cons
Beall's management
Part time work during college.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDSeptember 17, 2017
Typical work day was applying makeup and advising on beauty and skincare products. Learned a lot about makeup and fragrance. Hardest part was building up you clientele at first, but it becomes better.
Pros
Gratis, Makeup
Maybe its my region specifically.. I came on board as they were experiencing alot of changes
Freelance Makeup Artist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 14, 2017
With so many people leaving everything is just really unorganized.. Schedules, hours, management, productivity, etc. At first I had consistent part time hours.. Now Im lucky to get 5hrs in a week.
Pros
The music isnt dull
Cons
No gratis offered to freelance artist even if you pull 25-28hrs a week
Un-necessarily stressful.
Supply-Chain Development Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Trevose, PASeptember 13, 2017
The hours are long and the pay is low. Supervisory level positions can be very demanding and differ greatly. Networking is key in order to advance successfully.
Good company
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 11, 2017
I worked for EL for years in different locations. I always enjoyed working for them. The sales expectations are high, but they reward and recognize your efforts.
Loved learning about the company
Makeup Artist Montebello (Current Employee) –  Montebello, CASeptember 10, 2017
Loved everything about this job just didn't have the best manager .Also it was hard to advance .You could hardly take vacation time off when you earned it
Pros
one hour lunch breaks
Cons
it was hard to advance
Fast paced but affords great learning opportunities.
National Account Manager; Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10022September 4, 2017
Although the job was extremely fast-paced. There was a lot of travel involved and I loved the company. If you are willing to give it your all you will succeed.
I loved working there..
Assembler Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Bristol, PAAugust 31, 2017
Nice people and workplace ...Fast pace if you can't do job, they will put you somewhere else. I did not want to leave but moved to South Carolina..I would go back in a second
Pros
Great xmas gifts
Cons
Short breaks
Great opportunity
Regional Makeup Artist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 31, 2017
Great opportunity for growth in the beauty industry. You will learn a lot about product knowledge and selling techniques as well as application. Estée Lauder is also very generous with gratis, which they give to you, so you can provide the best costumer service
Pros
Gratis and training
Cons
Poor communication from management

Want to know more about Estee Lauder?

Ask a question
Fast Pace and super fun
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Maryville, TNAugust 30, 2017
A typical day at work included helping customers find what they wanted in skincare and makeup. I learned that everyone's skin is different and that I want to help them find what they need. The workplace culture was good, sometimes overwhelming. The hardest part of the job was making sales being a part-timer. The most enjoyable part of the day was making my clients happy.
Pros
free makeup
Fast paced environment
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYAugust 27, 2017
There is a very close family culture at the company.

I taught myself how to use the programs and was trained on how to process everything. The most difficult part of the job is that there is not much advancement in the department and I feel pigeon holed.

A typical day is an 8:30 am to 5:00 pm with a constant work flow. I do enjoy working with people with different personalities and becoming a real team.
Pros
Benefits and PTO are great
Cons
Career advancements, raises and proper compensation are poor
goog environment
Database Administrator/DBA (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 21, 2017
I worked full time (2 years) at Estee Lauder is an American manufacturer and marketer of prestige skincare, makeup, fragrance and hair care products. I had a neutral opinion on the company.
Productive/fast paced work environment
Process Operator (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYAugust 19, 2017
Going to work is never really a problem. Some days you're overworked and the compensation received doesn't match the work completed. Other than that it's a nice environment with music playing, and friendly people
Estee Lauder is a great company
Assistant Beauty Advisor DFW (Former Employee) –  DFW, TXAugust 18, 2017
Estee Lauder gave us all the tools that we needed to succeed: great products, promotions, samplings, gifts with purchase, purchase with purchase, gift sets and value sets.
My main focus was to assist the customer as a product specialist and makeup artist. I liked helping people, doing makeovers, keeping counters up to standard.
I would typically spend time calling or emailing customers, cleaning, putting up stock, updating tester units.
I really liked all of the tasks.
The hardest part was drumming up business on days where there was little traffic, midweek and late evenings usually.
Estee Lauder support from the Account Executive, Coordinator, and Education Specialist was very good.
Pros
Great product, people, and gratis.
Cons
Recruiting on slow days is tough.
Fun!
CUSTOMER SERVICE SALES ASSCOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 18, 2017
Worked for the Company when I was in college, great place to work. I had fun every day. not day goes by that I don't miss working there. they take care of there people
Pros
free stuff
Cons
working weekends
Not a good place to work
Global Manufacturing Engineer Manager (Former Employee) –  Trevose, PAAugust 15, 2017
Senior Management is stagnant and would like to keep employees where they are which attributes to a transient junior management group. Hourly employees are left to do their jobs and the jobs of those who are supposed to be managing them.
Work from home
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New York StateAugust 5, 2017
Excellent opportunity to work from home as I was a new mom. Very good salary and guidance from manager. Enjoyed still be connected to work force while raising kids.
Counter Lauder Sales
Part-time Counter Manager and Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXAugust 2, 2017
Good place to work if you are willing to 1) know and have product knowledge 2) willing to talk to customers, engage them 3) good training programs for the sales people.

Great benefit - they provide you a uniform - that part is great - no thinking about what to wear. The hours can be long and work life balance is non existent.
Pros
free makeup
Cons
work - life balance
Ok for part time
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIAugust 2, 2017
Not something you want to do for the rest of you life. They pressure you a lot and if you happen to get injured at work, you get harassed and calling in sick is a big NO.
Pros
free make up
Cons
unfriendly when calling in sick

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Estee Lauder. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2