Estee Lauder Employee Reviews in United States

fun enviroment to work in
Key holder (Former Employee) –  Osage Beach, MOMay 26, 2016
The management staff I worked under was WONDERFUL! They kept it fun and energetic. If we wasn't helping customers we was getting to know the product, cleaning or straightening the shelves. Either way it was fun.
Pros
Come on....playing in makeup all day what girl wouldnt want to do that?
Cons
None!
productive and fun
Corp collections Coord (Former Employee) –  melville nyMay 23, 2016
Good working conductions, clean, good bosses
Open door policy good benefits good pay
friendly co-workers always willing to help
enjoyable to work there
Great Culture
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 8, 2016
Loved my internship and the project I was given. Co-workers are extremely hard working and motivating. Everyone is willing to jump in and help one another. Family like environment.
working there
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYMay 5, 2016
i enjoyed working there great atmospere and good people id deff work there again management was good i like my manager he hardest part about the job was standing for my shift
Great place to work to the location is great
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYMay 4, 2016
Work is very exciting and challenging. The people are great and that proved to be a great work environment. Flexible days off during the summer months and holidays off in the winter
Pros
Discounted products
Cons
3rd Shift
Education was great
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 27, 2016
We hold lots of events at our counter, as we are the busiest counter in the city. A typical day is filled with performing several make overs and advising clients on skin care regiment and the best product for their skin type.
The thing I enjoy most about my job is the education and introduction to new products. I like that we have "class" pretty regularly, allowing us to really understand how a product works and how to provide the best advice to our clients.
Fast-paced and energetic culture
Account Executive (Regional Manager) (Current Employee) –  VirginiaApril 25, 2016
I manage a $9.5M territory that consists of 25 stores within 5 retailers. There is quite a bit of traveling throughout the week (16-20 hours), however, no two weeks are the same. I am in my office normally one day a week and visiting stores and associates the other 4 days. I manage about 70 associates and a team of 12 freelance associates.

The most rewarding part of my position is developing my team members professionally. Being a traveling executive has taught me how to multitask for 8 hours a day and adjust my focus to accommodate shifting priorities.
Pros
Company Car, annual bonus, free products
Cons
always "on" and plugged in, long hours, no stationary office
I love Estee Lauder
Counter Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 19, 2016
The brand is amazing to work for....I cannot say enough positive things about my Account Executive, coordinator and Education Executive. They are always available and not only willing to help and guide you to a better "daily business" they love success stories and pictures!
Good company, good product
Manager (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYApril 12, 2016
The manufacturing plant in NY is a great place to work. they care about the people, provide great benefits and regularly communicate with each other.
Pros
people, benefits
Cons
not sure about future of product, probalby needs to be more environmental to survive long term
Great company to work for
Smashbox Cosmetics Counter Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 7, 2016
Its great to work for a brand that is so versatile in the market, I get the privilege to work with many different people from all walks of life putting together events, and spas that are fun and revenue building for the brand.
Production
Production floor supervisor (Current Employee) –  Melville, NY 11747April 1, 2016
Company in itself is great. Good people. Great work environment. Temp agency is horrible that works out of Estee Lauder
a great start to build sales and customer service experience. friendly enviornment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVMarch 28, 2016
great place to work if your starting out in sales and customer service.
friendly staff limited advancement opportunities
Pros
great sales experience
Cons
limited advancement
Great environment, IF you're a permanent employee.
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYMarch 23, 2016
This company thrives off hiring temps. They hire countless temps that outnumber the permanent employees. It creates a bad environment when the perms are getting paid a LOT more to do the same work as the temps. There needs to be a structure with an end date where the temp is temp to perm after a certain time period.

This company, as I'm sure a lot of other companies do, hires people based on if they have a relative that works at the company. They do not care if they are completely under qualified, as long as they have a relative that's an employee they're golden.

Overall, a majority of the people hired are hard, intelligent workers who do their jobs correctly. There is a lot of intellectual thinking that goes on within the labs.
Pros
Bag sale, discount at the company store
Cons
Cannot get specific items at company store as a temp, not allowed at the holiday party, no PTO, no sick days, no holiday pay, no affordable insurance
high stress
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 19, 2016
too many events, sales goals too high. enjoyed working with my coworkers. boss does not appreciate hard work, only criticizes
Freelancer
Freelance Brand Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 2, 2016
Working as a freelancer gives me the opportunity to call in hours as needed and work from different locations. The managers are very attentive and easy to work with.
Pros
flexible
Cons
short notice
good place to learn soft skills and technique
freelance makeup artist/ retail sales (Current Employee) –  Melville, NY 11747February 23, 2016
-good way to learn how to service customers
-most enjoyable part of job, doing makeup applications
-worst part selling wtv to meet quotas
My boss is awezone
Fragrances Sales Specialist, and Freelancer (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJFebruary 20, 2016
Typical day at work is help macys customer and staff find the fragrance they need also spray blotter card, demostrate the products etc.

I learned more about fragrances and their notes, and ingridients

Management is fine overall I am a vendor so the interaction with them is very little.

All vendors are competitors and a healthy way I love to sale sale sale !!!

There is not hard part my only complaint is I need more hours and a full time job .

I enjoy it all of way love my job . My boss is awezone !!!
Pros
GRATIS
Cons
NO ENOUGH HOURS NO OPPORTUNITY TO GROWTH MY CAREER
I Loved It
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 15, 2016
Awesome job... flexible hours great training and staff ! I was permanent and a free-lancer.

Have to sell and know your products. Provide great customer service and application of makeup as an artist.

Making people happy all over the world.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Schedule Sometimes
Productive and fun
Beauty Advisor/Makeup Artist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 11, 2016
I love being in the environment where I get to constantly converse and meet new people. It's my job and duty to make that person feel comfortable as well as excited about our time together.
fun, innovative, retail hours, name recognition
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 10, 2016
Great place to start retail/sales career. Great to be a part of a large company that give you job stability. Nice to preview new products before they launch to public.
Pros
Great place to start in sales, brand awareness, new products
Cons
Long hours, competitive marketplace, strict image guidelines

4.2