Estee Lauder Employee Reviews in United States

Great Job
ESTÉE LAUDER PRODUCT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 13, 2016
Warehouse package assembly line. Great culture, great people to work with. Looked forward to work everyday. Great work life balance.
fun , productive,
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 28, 2016
• Achieve Sales Goal Every Day
• Recruit New Customers - A great way to ensure that you make your day, every day!
• Service Above Expectations - Provide exceptional service to every customer.
• Demonstrate Three Products - Always show customer at least three products.
Build Relationships - Use client registry to stay in touch with your customers.
Pros
great pay, flexible hours, make own schedule.
Cons
no benefits as a freelancer
I loved working at Macy's!
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJune 26, 2016
Working at Macy's it's fun! you meet a lot of people you get to play with makeup ! The bad thing is your on your feet all day and you have to open macys credit cards
Pros
fun place
Cons
open macys credit cards
Fun work place, great management
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAJune 14, 2016
Fun day doing make overs and suggesting skin care. Love it . I cant think of a hard part to this job. Its getting paid to have fun and help people
Good temporary job
Sorter/Packer (Former Employee) –  Bristol, PAJune 2, 2016
We started everyday with stretches to prevent getting hurt at the job. I was in sortation so it could get pretty tedious at times, but the days moved quickly. My co-workers were friendly, but there was a high turnover rate.
not a good company
COUNTER MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 28, 2016
they never have stock , false promises , staffing is a problem and commutcation is too. they dont care about the lower managemnt . to many meetings and phone calls
Pros
free products
Cons
low pay
fun enviroment to work in
Key holder (Former Employee) –  Osage Beach, MOMay 26, 2016
The management staff I worked under was WONDERFUL! They kept it fun and energetic. If we wasn't helping customers we was getting to know the product, cleaning or straightening the shelves. Either way it was fun.
Pros
Come on....playing in makeup all day what girl wouldnt want to do that?
Cons
None!
productive and fun
Corp collections Coord (Former Employee) –  melville nyMay 23, 2016
Good working conductions, clean, good bosses
Open door policy good benefits good pay
friendly co-workers always willing to help
enjoyable to work there
Great Culture
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 8, 2016
Loved my internship and the project I was given. Co-workers are extremely hard working and motivating. Everyone is willing to jump in and help one another. Family like environment.
working there
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYMay 5, 2016
i enjoyed working there great atmospere and good people id deff work there again management was good i like my manager he hardest part about the job was standing for my shift
Great place to work to the location is great
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYMay 4, 2016
Work is very exciting and challenging. The people are great and that proved to be a great work environment. Flexible days off during the summer months and holidays off in the winter
Pros
Discounted products
Cons
3rd Shift
Education was great
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 27, 2016
We hold lots of events at our counter, as we are the busiest counter in the city. A typical day is filled with performing several make overs and advising clients on skin care regiment and the best product for their skin type.
The thing I enjoy most about my job is the education and introduction to new products. I like that we have "class" pretty regularly, allowing us to really understand how a product works and how to provide the best advice to our clients.
Fast-paced and energetic culture
Account Executive (Regional Manager) (Current Employee) –  VirginiaApril 25, 2016
I manage a $9.5M territory that consists of 25 stores within 5 retailers. There is quite a bit of traveling throughout the week (16-20 hours), however, no two weeks are the same. I am in my office normally one day a week and visiting stores and associates the other 4 days. I manage about 70 associates and a team of 12 freelance associates.

The most rewarding part of my position is developing my team members professionally. Being a traveling executive has taught me how to multitask for 8 hours a day and adjust my focus to accommodate shifting priorities.
Pros
Company Car, annual bonus, free products
Cons
always "on" and plugged in, long hours, no stationary office
I love Estee Lauder
Counter Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 19, 2016
The brand is amazing to work for....I cannot say enough positive things about my Account Executive, coordinator and Education Executive. They are always available and not only willing to help and guide you to a better "daily business" they love success stories and pictures!
Good company, good product
Manager (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYApril 12, 2016
The manufacturing plant in NY is a great place to work. they care about the people, provide great benefits and regularly communicate with each other.
Pros
people, benefits
Cons
not sure about future of product, probalby needs to be more environmental to survive long term
Great company to work for
Smashbox Cosmetics Counter Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 7, 2016
Its great to work for a brand that is so versatile in the market, I get the privilege to work with many different people from all walks of life putting together events, and spas that are fun and revenue building for the brand.
Production
Production floor supervisor (Current Employee) –  Melville, NY 11747April 1, 2016
Company in itself is great. Good people. Great work environment. Temp agency is horrible that works out of Estee Lauder
a great start to build sales and customer service experience. friendly enviornment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVMarch 28, 2016
great place to work if your starting out in sales and customer service.
friendly staff limited advancement opportunities
Pros
great sales experience
Cons
limited advancement
Great environment, IF you're a permanent employee.
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYMarch 23, 2016
This company thrives off hiring temps. They hire countless temps that outnumber the permanent employees. It creates a bad environment when the perms are getting paid a LOT more to do the same work as the temps. There needs to be a structure with an end date where the temp is temp to perm after a certain time period.

This company, as I'm sure a lot of other companies do, hires people based on if they have a relative that works at the company. They do not care if they are completely under qualified, as long as they have a relative that's an employee they're golden.

Overall, a majority of the people hired are hard, intelligent workers who do their jobs correctly. There is a lot of intellectual thinking that goes on within the labs.
Pros
Bag sale, discount at the company store
Cons
Cannot get specific items at company store as a temp, not allowed at the holiday party, no PTO, no sick days, no holiday pay, no affordable insurance
high stress
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 19, 2016
too many events, sales goals too high. enjoyed working with my coworkers. boss does not appreciate hard work, only criticizes

4.2