Estee Lauder Employee Reviews

Fast paced environment
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYAugust 27, 2017
There is a very close family culture at the company.

I taught myself how to use the programs and was trained on how to process everything. The most difficult part of the job is that there is not much advancement in the department and I feel pigeon holed.

A typical day is an 8:30 am to 5:00 pm with a constant work flow. I do enjoy working with people with different personalities and becoming a real team.
Pros
Benefits and PTO are great
Cons
Career advancements, raises and proper compensation are poor
goog environment
Database Administrator/DBA (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 21, 2017
I worked full time (2 years) at Estee Lauder is an American manufacturer and marketer of prestige skincare, makeup, fragrance and hair care products. I had a neutral opinion on the company.
Productive/fast paced work environment
Process Operator (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYAugust 19, 2017
Going to work is never really a problem. Some days you're overworked and the compensation received doesn't match the work completed. Other than that it's a nice environment with music playing, and friendly people
Estee Lauder is a great company
Assistant Beauty Advisor DFW (Former Employee) –  DFW, TXAugust 18, 2017
Estee Lauder gave us all the tools that we needed to succeed: great products, promotions, samplings, gifts with purchase, purchase with purchase, gift sets and value sets.
My main focus was to assist the customer as a product specialist and makeup artist. I liked helping people, doing makeovers, keeping counters up to standard.
I would typically spend time calling or emailing customers, cleaning, putting up stock, updating tester units.
I really liked all of the tasks.
The hardest part was drumming up business on days where there was little traffic, midweek and late evenings usually.
Estee Lauder support from the Account Executive, Coordinator, and Education Specialist was very good.
Pros
Great product, people, and gratis.
Cons
Recruiting on slow days is tough.
Fun!
CUSTOMER SERVICE SALES ASSCOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 18, 2017
Worked for the Company when I was in college, great place to work. I had fun every day. not day goes by that I don't miss working there. they take care of there people
Pros
free stuff
Cons
working weekends
Not a good place to work
Global Manufacturing Engineer Manager (Former Employee) –  Trevose, PAAugust 15, 2017
Senior Management is stagnant and would like to keep employees where they are which attributes to a transient junior management group. Hourly employees are left to do their jobs and the jobs of those who are supposed to be managing them.
Work from home
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New York StateAugust 5, 2017
Excellent opportunity to work from home as I was a new mom. Very good salary and guidance from manager. Enjoyed still be connected to work force while raising kids.
Counter Lauder Sales
Part-time Counter Manager and Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXAugust 2, 2017
Good place to work if you are willing to 1) know and have product knowledge 2) willing to talk to customers, engage them 3) good training programs for the sales people.

Great benefit - they provide you a uniform - that part is great - no thinking about what to wear. The hours can be long and work life balance is non existent.
Pros
free makeup
Cons
work - life balance
Ok for part time
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIAugust 2, 2017
Not something you want to do for the rest of you life. They pressure you a lot and if you happen to get injured at work, you get harassed and calling in sick is a big NO.
Pros
free make up
Cons
unfriendly when calling in sick
Fun place to work
make up artist (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 31, 2017
Overall this was a fun place to work interacting with the public can be stressful at times but overall a good place to work. Other associates were always willing to help out.
Very Productive and Bright place to Work for
Cosmetics Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLJuly 30, 2017
Every body gor along and was willing to assist eachother. Management was very Knowlegdeable and the training for the line was excellent.
Line was supported by an Account executive
Company had to may instore transfers.
Pros
They are very friendly
Cons
They don't do to much reasearch when it comes to a rehire, specially if coming from the same Mall from another dept store
Fun and learning experience
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 26, 2017
It taught me to learn and deal with different kinds of people, of different ethnicities and beliefs. It taught me to open up to new customer service skills and how to communicate with others.
Pros
Customer service, fun environment, friends
Cons
no healthcare
Best job ever
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Whitehall Township, PAJuly 25, 2017
I loved working for Estee Lauder! There is so much room to grow and express yourself in the field of cosmetics sales, especially under this company. Easily one of the best jobs I've ever had.
Pros
Cosmetic knowledge, teaching, gratis
Process operator
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJuly 24, 2017
This job doesn't care about you but it pays every week. It's very diverse but the staff doesn't know how to talk to people, they try to belittle you, etc. getting the product done is more important than what you have going on. All the work we do, the pay should be higher
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Short breaks
Estee Lauder is a good company
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Westfield, NJJuly 18, 2017
However, the practice of looking away when unethical practices are being "practiced", by certain individuals did not sit well with me. I do understand why upper management had to look in the other direction, but I did not approve of it,
I loved the training, learning about the products, make-up application techniques, selling to dreams and desires.Asking open-ended questions.
I did hate the cut-throat counter culture. It was vicious, more vicious than anywhere I'd ever worked.
Pros
Generous Gratis !
Cons
Cut-throat Counter Culture
Luxury Beauty Products
Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Bloomingdale, ILJuly 17, 2017
I loved the job itself. I loved the product. However, I did not like being in charge of there ppl. I did not like the hours mostly bc my husband had to work similar ones and we have 3 children.
Pros
lots of free products, gain lots of skin care knowledge
Cons
Other consultants weren't as committed to Estee standards, The dept store is really in charge and so you play by their rules
Dream Job
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 15, 2017
Bobbi Brown was the ultimate rewarding experience because I worked side by side with the Owner,founder and creator of her own major Cosmetic company. At Bloomingdales Soho in NYC, business management for Bobbi Brown helped to elevate my level managing a million dollar counter.
Pros
Million Dollar Counter
My experience
Beauty Consultant/Counter Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 13, 2017
typically during the day it may be slow it may be fast paced. It has a lot of recruiting to bring in new clients to demonstrate and educate about any new products that were trending on the market. Working with this company taught me many different things about cosmetics and skin care. What i loved about my job was servicing my clients and helping them find and purchase the products that were meant for them as well as solving any issue my clients had to ensure great quality service. Hardest part was upselling products or getting a customer to buy when sometimes they just want samples and may not buy any products.
Pros
free make up bonuses but the overall reward of knowing you provided great customer service
Cons
some months business is okay or it may be slow depending if there is a sale
Fun place to work
Accounts Payable- Aveda Processor (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYJuly 13, 2017
Estee Lauder is a wonderful place to work and I absolutely love it, however the company is going through a restructuring period and the finance dept is at a high risk of losing our jobs due to outsourcing. The hardest part of my job is the amount of emails I get daily. I have learned how to multi-task and take care of all of my tasks in a timely manner. The management is wonderful, they are so easy going and approachable. A typical day at work is a busy one, but I enjoy being kept busy and learning new tasks. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people.
Pros
Fun and exciting work enviornment
Cons
Job instability
Unique Brand
Origins Product Development Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 12, 2017
Great Brand
Great Benefits
Different approach to Retail Model
Strong brand community
Good work/life balance
lots of junior talent
lots of tenure
Good hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Estee Lauder. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2