Estee Lauder Employee Reviews

Nice enviroment, great people
Cherry Picker operator (Former Employee) –  Oakland, NJOctober 3, 2016
Printed labels with designations in English for distribution. Verified that all deliveries were made to appropriate designations. Very people friendly place, and a great experience.
Excellent and stress free work place
Sr Project Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 19, 2016
Excellent and stress free work place. Nice place where you will get full freedom to show your ability and talent.

I was dealing with leadership and they me full freedom and control on my project.
High energy, high paced environment
Director, Customer Service - Online (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 5, 2016
A typical day is looking at about 25 different issues and most have immediate deadlines. Co-workers are great because we are all in the same boat. Hardest part of the job is to find free time for yourself.
Pros
free cosmetics, free snakes
Cons
8 hour work days don't exist.
Estee Lauder
Test Fill Technician (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYSeptember 5, 2016
a typical day at work for me was a bit different because i was new and never in this feild before

I started my day as step 1 which was to see if I had any emails to answer that I need to read, and filter and organize them. Step 2 was setting up and reading email after email at how things are done. Step three was helping my co workers with anything I can help them with, which usually included seeing if we had new mail, or shooting an email for them or doing inventory lists to find a particular item.

after that it was to shadow 1 of the 3 manufacturing engineers and or the directer to help them with anything needed. this included data analysis or helping the mechanic staff with locating materials.
Pros
flexible work schedual when needed. willing to teach
Cons
was a little cumbersom at times. different ways to use programs which have different outcomes, some confusion on item identification.
Lovely!!!
Senior Associate Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYAugust 19, 2016
Management is very fair and balanced, In order to succeed you must apply yourself and overlook the slackers!

Take advantage of the learning tools provided by the company.Great onsite cafeteria. Summer Fridays and early closings due to weather and holidays.
Pros
discounts on products
Cons
Outsourcing jobs to India
A family oriented, energetic work atmosphere
Human Resources Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 17, 2016
Estee Lauder is fast paced work environment with a ton of growth potential. Management provides hands-on assistance as they strive to help you grow within the company. This family oriented, career centered atmosphere provides a wide variety of advancement opportunities in every field.
Colorful work
Beauty Adviser (Former Employee) –  Cupertino, CAJuly 28, 2016
I liked to work for Estee Lauder as a part of a big company whose one of the oldest companies in the United States. I was working as the parttime part of the team.They were all good except the part that the store was shut down, and they sold the building, all the companies from that store supported their employees except Estee Lauder.
Great Job
ESTÉE LAUDER PRODUCT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 13, 2016
Warehouse package assembly line. Great culture, great people to work with. Looked forward to work everyday. Great work life balance.
fun , productive,
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 28, 2016
• Achieve Sales Goal Every Day
• Recruit New Customers - A great way to ensure that you make your day, every day!
• Service Above Expectations - Provide exceptional service to every customer.
• Demonstrate Three Products - Always show customer at least three products.
Build Relationships - Use client registry to stay in touch with your customers.
Pros
great pay, flexible hours, make own schedule.
Cons
no benefits as a freelancer
I loved working at Macy's!
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJune 26, 2016
Working at Macy's it's fun! you meet a lot of people you get to play with makeup ! The bad thing is your on your feet all day and you have to open macys credit cards
Pros
fun place
Cons
open macys credit cards
Fun work place, great management
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAJune 14, 2016
Fun day doing make overs and suggesting skin care. Love it . I cant think of a hard part to this job. Its getting paid to have fun and help people
Good temporary job
Sorter/Packer (Former Employee) –  Bristol, PAJune 2, 2016
We started everyday with stretches to prevent getting hurt at the job. I was in sortation so it could get pretty tedious at times, but the days moved quickly. My co-workers were friendly, but there was a high turnover rate.
not a good company
COUNTER MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 28, 2016
they never have stock , false promises , staffing is a problem and commutcation is too. they dont care about the lower managemnt . to many meetings and phone calls
Pros
free products
Cons
low pay
fun enviroment to work in
Key holder (Former Employee) –  Osage Beach, MOMay 26, 2016
The management staff I worked under was WONDERFUL! They kept it fun and energetic. If we wasn't helping customers we was getting to know the product, cleaning or straightening the shelves. Either way it was fun.
Pros
Come on....playing in makeup all day what girl wouldnt want to do that?
Cons
None!
productive and fun
Corp collections Coord (Former Employee) –  melville nyMay 23, 2016
Good working conductions, clean, good bosses
Open door policy good benefits good pay
friendly co-workers always willing to help
enjoyable to work there
Great Culture
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 8, 2016
Loved my internship and the project I was given. Co-workers are extremely hard working and motivating. Everyone is willing to jump in and help one another. Family like environment.
working there
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYMay 5, 2016
i enjoyed working there great atmospere and good people id deff work there again management was good i like my manager he hardest part about the job was standing for my shift
Great place to work to the location is great
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYMay 4, 2016
Work is very exciting and challenging. The people are great and that proved to be a great work environment. Flexible days off during the summer months and holidays off in the winter
Pros
Discounted products
Cons
3rd Shift
Education was great
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 27, 2016
We hold lots of events at our counter, as we are the busiest counter in the city. A typical day is filled with performing several make overs and advising clients on skin care regiment and the best product for their skin type.
The thing I enjoy most about my job is the education and introduction to new products. I like that we have "class" pretty regularly, allowing us to really understand how a product works and how to provide the best advice to our clients.
Fast-paced and energetic culture
Account Executive (Regional Manager) (Current Employee) –  VirginiaApril 25, 2016
I manage a $9.5M territory that consists of 25 stores within 5 retailers. There is quite a bit of traveling throughout the week (16-20 hours), however, no two weeks are the same. I am in my office normally one day a week and visiting stores and associates the other 4 days. I manage about 70 associates and a team of 12 freelance associates.

The most rewarding part of my position is developing my team members professionally. Being a traveling executive has taught me how to multitask for 8 hours a day and adjust my focus to accommodate shifting priorities.
Pros
Company Car, annual bonus, free products
Cons
always "on" and plugged in, long hours, no stationary office

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Estee Lauder. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2