Estee Lauder Employee Reviews

My experience
Beauty Consultant/Counter Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 13, 2017
typically during the day it may be slow it may be fast paced. It has a lot of recruiting to bring in new clients to demonstrate and educate about any new products that were trending on the market. Working with this company taught me many different things about cosmetics and skin care. What i loved about my job was servicing my clients and helping them find and purchase the products that were meant for them as well as solving any issue my clients had to ensure great quality service. Hardest part was upselling products or getting a customer to buy when sometimes they just want samples and may not buy any products.
Pros
free make up bonuses but the overall reward of knowing you provided great customer service
Cons
some months business is okay or it may be slow depending if there is a sale
Fun place to work
Accounts Payable- Aveda Processor (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYJuly 13, 2017
Estee Lauder is a wonderful place to work and I absolutely love it, however the company is going through a restructuring period and the finance dept is at a high risk of losing our jobs due to outsourcing. The hardest part of my job is the amount of emails I get daily. I have learned how to multi-task and take care of all of my tasks in a timely manner. The management is wonderful, they are so easy going and approachable. A typical day at work is a busy one, but I enjoy being kept busy and learning new tasks. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people.
Pros
Fun and exciting work enviornment
Cons
Job instability
Unique Brand
Origins Product Development Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 12, 2017
Great Brand
lots of tenure
Good hours
Great People
Third-Party Distribution Manager (Current Employee) –  Bristol, PAJuly 12, 2017
Not a bad place to work but pay sucks and the people are great and supportive. The culture has changed over the year and management could use a shake up.
Great company and great culture
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Guaynabo, PRJuly 11, 2017
The growth opportunities are real and the work team, from senior management onwards are very ethical and professional.

The compensation plan includes benefits such as medical plan, retirement, stocks, vacations and sick days.
Estee Lauder
Lab Technician/Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Bristol, PAJuly 8, 2017
The particular facility that I worked at had both permanent and temporary employees working together, doing the same job. The temporary employees did 90% of the work and the permanent employees played games on their phones and computer. Permanent employee's often ate within the lab.
Productive and family oriented
Senior Porter (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 6, 2017
Great place to start a career and grow in the beauty industry. Management is very encouraging and monthly progress check up encourages one to work hard and feel appreciated.
For the love of makeup,
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Danville, VAJuly 5, 2017
A typical day consisted of receiving a call to come in earlier or stay later due to the departments small staff. Most of the day consisted of matching customers for their perfect shade of foundation and treating them to a ten day sample. On rare occasions a novice makeup user would ask to be done up. If time allowed I would match them for their perfect day and night skincare routine as well as a possible natural, everyday or glam look depending on their preference. Time spent with customer didn't result in a huge sale and caused the one counter attendee to miss out on other sales to repeat customers. Management berated the department staff constantly due to customer wait, missed sales, and the minuscule overall total of credit card applications. The hardest part of the job would be the weeks leading up to gift and the start of gift with purchase. Pre-sales are mandatory, a goal is set depending on individuals part time or full time position. Convincing customers to pre-sale is extremely difficult as everyone believes they can come in on the first day and receive a gift failing to comprehend that it is while supplies last. A lot of people leave empty handed because our loyal clientele purchases enough to receive multiple gifts. Sometimes we receive back up gifts later down the road but really it is up in the air.
Pros
free cosmetics
Cons
Shortbreaks, Understaffed, Commissioned salaries, working holidays, flip flop scheduling, lack of management support
Working on assembly line can be challenging but fun at the same time
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJuly 1, 2017
We filled the jars and put caps on them we packed them we got them prepared to go out to the stores. Working in the warehouse can be very fun depending on who you work with if you work with nice people is fine if you work with evil people is no fun.
Excel at your job and customer service
Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJune 30, 2017
Always give your BEST customer service.
Wonderful cosmetic line.
Team and training excellent.
Smaller counter space can be a challenge.
Exciting cosmetic's events to drive business.
Pros
Sales and commision driven
Cons
Retail hours
enjoyable
Manager (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCJune 29, 2017
I enjoyed working as a manager and makeup artist for Estee Lauder. I love the interaction with people and the products are high quality. I was able to be creative using my management skills and educator experience.
Pros
people
Cons
my feet would kill me sometimes
Intro to the cosmetic industry
Assistant counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 28, 2017
Great company to have an intro to the cosmetic industry since Estee Lauder owns most major brands of cosmetics. Learning basic skills for management, selling, customer service and overall product knowledge is great.
Pros
Estee Lauder Brand
Cons
Basic company
good place to work
Freelance Make-Up Associate (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 18, 2017
this is a rely good place to work. it has given me a rely good work life balance. i would tell any one i know looking for a job to deftly work here if they can
ELC is great, however poor management ruined the experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJune 18, 2017
I happened to be in a location that was not ideal and that particular store was in turmoil due t lack of leadership and extremely poor management. In the 12 months I was there, we had 2 GM's and there was constant back-biting. Not my type of environmentto work.
Wonderful brand
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCJune 15, 2017
A typical day at work for estee lauder in my store (dillards) is very slow. Recruiting customers is necessary otherwise you may have a day where you do not sell a single item. Poor communication within management and AC's.
Pros
Gratis
Cons
Poor communication
Culture = Smart, classy, driven
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 9, 2017
My experience as a temporary freelancer has been great, I work with a group of smart, talented, team-oriented people who seem to genuinely love the brand.
Revolving Door of Counters
Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  White Marsh, MDJune 7, 2017
Estee isn't really a big issue, its the department stores you work for who only care about credit apps. I've seen some pull counters out of a 30,000 deficits and the store management could care less because no credit apps were opened. Estee does try to look out for their own though it seems like they're caught right now between being faithful to old clientele and attracting trendy clientele. But I will say their yearly inflation of product prices doesn't help much at all in regards to the ever-growing affordable competition. All in all, nothing you do will ever be satisfactory in retail. STAY AWAY FROM MACYS.
very professional
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 5, 2017
Good atmosphere
Good workplace
Fast-paced
Dependable
Always on time
Typical day would consist of pressing make up into trays
10 hour day
Good management
I love the brand.
Clinique Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Clovis, NMJune 4, 2017
Learning about the Estee Lauder & Clinique products gave me insight into how great they are & gave me the capability to teach clients how to use them.
they play music
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYJune 4, 2017
people at the job have learned to make the night go by faster by being comical as well as learning other fields of operation especially when a machine is in need of repair and your waiting on a mechanic to fix the problem this way nobody falls asleep on the lines ,, we also make up challenge game like name that tune while the music is playing
Pros
nice cafeateria
Cons
supervisiors who play favoritism

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Estee Lauder. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2