Estee Lauder

Estee Lauder Employer Reviews

a very productive place to work.
Assembler/Set-Up Attendant (Former Employee), Oakland, NJFebruary 20, 2014
i really liked working here i was on my feet, the entire shift working really hard.
A positive experience will be contingent upon role and department
Design Director (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: many opportunities for education, inclusion initiatives, and community outreach within company; company store and gratis.
Cons: crowded office space that is not well kept, weak brand strategies on certain brands, low morale is widespread in some departments.
It's easy to get stuck in a corner with no recognition or career advancement if you are not paired with the right manager, not working in a good department, or lack exposure to senior leadership.

Many outdated practices and processes, which are not consistent across all brands (or even teams within brands).
Well established and respected in the industry
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), Westfield, NJFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: longstanding history and respected product
Estee Lauder was my first experience in the retail world
Learned about best practices in the business
Prompted my passion of cosmetics and retail
Review of Daily Responsibilities
Counter Manager (Current Employee), Paris, TNFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: gets free samples of products
Cons: none!
• Coordinating and maintaining floor and stock areas consistent with store standards in presentation and hygiene requirements
• Unpacking new merchandise deliveries in a timely manner should be stored in a place that does not obstruct customer access to the department
• Ensuring timely set-up including signage for promotional events
• Following procedures – more... for all systems including AIR, counts, markdowns, retickets, inventory control, and RTV’s
• Maintaining store and vendor professional dress standards (uniforms) and appearance
• Cooperating with fellow associates and management
• Complying with store policies concerning attendance, tardiness, and associate handbook
• Accepting additional duties or share responsibilities during busy times and/or as requested by Area Sales Manager/Merchandise Coordinator/Store Manager
• Assisting with all non-sell duties as assigned by Counter Manager/Area Sales Manager/Merchandise Coordinator/Store Manager where appropriate
• Maintaining open lines of communication with store management, account executive, and vendor management – less
Great Benefits, but politics overshadow
North American Marketing (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: great benefits, employee support from a hr standpoint
Cons: political, certain top managers are allowed to treat employees poorly with no consequence
Estee Lauder offers great benefits and employee support, but it is a very political arena. Every division is run differently, but poor employment is tolerated by top management. Also, poor management of certain divisions based on micromanaging senior management which has a trickle down affect on all employees--demotivating and frustrating.
Excellent learing experience and fun environment.
Counter Manager (Current Employee), Columbia, SCDecember 14, 2013
Pros: store discouts, gratis twice a year, and good benefits.
Cons: distance, inconsitant schedule, hours as late 12am immediately followed by opening at 5:45am.
A typical day at work starts with checking my email to look for any updates or changes sent from corporate Then I call all customers that I have helped at the counter the day before and thank them for stopping in. After that I update my paperwork for the counter after the sales numbers are updated from the day before. I check my coworkers daily tracking – more... sheet from the day before and type up my critiques and send them off to the Account Coordinator. I then go out into the store and walk around trying to recruit women to come to the counter by telling them about special offers to help drive sales and recruit new Estee Lauder customers. I have a conference call with the other managers and Account Executives and Coordinators. Throughout the day I continue to recruit and spend time with my coworker and coaching her. Coaching implies that I have to explain upcoming events, how we are going to prepare and execute, help her with her selling techniques and how to drive sales, and talk with her about her work performance. I also help customers and give them knowledge about our products. I give demonstrations with skincare and makeup.

Working as a counter manager at Estee Lauder has taught me how to functionally run a counter. It has strengthened my organization, teaching, and management skills.

I work partly for Belk, Inc. and Estee Lauder so I have several different managers. At Belk my management includes the department manager and the store manager. They are both very supportive and respect me in the way that they trust me and how I manage the counter. With Estee Lauder I answer to my Account Coordinator and the Account Executive. The Account Coordinator works with my team three times a month. She also communicates with me several times a day for a sale reading at certain hours and helps me with any questions I have. The Account Executive I see about six times a year. She has the overall say about each counter in the market and what should happen every month.

My co-workers respect me and my teachings. We are able to work as a team. They have no hesitation asking me questions regarding knowledge about an event, product, or even their daily required paperwork. I give my team praise and also teach them how to better the work that they are doing to get more clientele and produce more sales.

The hardest part of my job is making sure that my team stays focused when I am not there.

The most enjoyable part of my job is making women look and feel beautiful. – less
Productive workplace with a lot of responsibility
Key Holder/ Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CADecember 9, 2013
As a manager for Estee there was a lot of responsibility on my part. Everything from guiding other employees and educating customers to inventory, shipments and stock. I had to for see the entire store and made sure everything ran smoothly and when a problem would arise I was the one that had to solve it in the most professional way. I really liked – more... the responsibility and the fact that I was trusted to run a store without any help or supervision. I enjoyed that my employer was confident in me to get the job done. – less
ESTEE LAUDER
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 5, 2013
Pros: free stuff, continued education.
Cons: ugly uniforms, bad management, hours suck!!!
THE EXPERIENCE I HAD WITH THE COMPANY IT SELF WAS WONDERFUL. I DO NOT REGRET MY EXPERIENCE THERE. I ENJOYED EVERY MOMENT WORKING WITH THEM.
great work enviroment
Management, customer service and sales (Former Employee), Elizabeth City, NCDecember 3, 2013
Pros: manager oppurtunity
Cons: leaving
managing a fast pace business and staying busy is a rush. got the chance to learn so many things through different schools. meeting new people from all over
Great place to start in Cosmetics
Regional Makeup Artist (Former Employee), Miami, FLNovember 19, 2013
Estee Lauder has a wonderful training and education program for new makeup artist.
The encourage to set high standards for yourself.
Work
Mangement (Current Employee), West Hartford, CTOctober 12, 2013
many people May Enjoy working for Estee Lauder, Great Company!
This was the most incredible company in the world!
Account Executive (Former Employee), San Juan, PROctober 7, 2013
I started working behind the Estee Lauder counter when I was 18 yrs. old. One day, I was offered the position as Training Associiate (bi-lingual) in Miami. I relocated Universities and the dream of my life began. I trained and did many special events (including opening two Estee Lauder Spas). I enjoyed those years so much that it left an impression – more... on me. There was no hard part of the job because it was all enjoyable. I miss the training part very much because I love to see people grow. – less
clean and productive work place
Line Attendant (Former Employee), Melville, NYSeptember 29, 2013
Pros: easy work, good breaks
Every thing was very good and simple nice co-workers and management nothing really hard about the job if you enjoy doing work that is a hands on job so basically everything was easy and I enjoyed working there.
Stimulating environment with advancement potential
Executive Director E-Commerce (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 23, 2013
fast paced, energetic environment., average compensation when compared with industry. Good benefits when compared with industry. Culture is good, Values are honorable - the Lauder family and corporation are very philanthropic. i feel comfortable and that my Job is secure at the present time.
The pioneer of cosmetic world
Business Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 12, 2013
Pros: its always a learning opportunity
excellent company overall the best in the business. A professional environment at all times.
Great Corporate Culture, but Managment promotes seniority over education/skill level
Payroll Administrator (Current Employee), Melville, NYAugust 28, 2013
I’ve been with Estee Lauder for over 10 years now. I started and served as a Temporary full time employee in the Information Systems department, for 2 six month periods beginning from July 2003 to July 2004. I then remained in the same position, but was paid under a consulting agency (Randstad) for approximately another year and a ½. It wasn’t until – more... January of 2006 that I was hired as a permanent employee of Estee Lauder, here in the Payroll department, in which I still currently work. Since 2006 I have excelled in my work performance year after year, and was inevitably promoted from a non-exempt coordinators position to an Exempt Administrators position. From July 2003 to approximately 2010, has been and amazing experience working for Estee Lauder. We have a strong corporate culture base, as well as excellent benefits and perquisites. The atmosphere on an organizational level has been remarkable. Estee Lauder continues to strive for excellence when I comes to becoming a more family oriented organization, i.e. the newly instated parental leave policies, enhanced dental benefits, etc. In addition, Estee Lauder continues to sustain its philanthropic reputation by maintaining its consistent charitable donations to various organizations and fundraisers for worthy causes.

I understand that every corporations’ management teams differ from one department to the next. However, in my experience with my department, as well as being informed by my colleagues in other departments, that management tends to promote individuals, not on the basis of performance and or educational accomplishments/ skill level, but rather on seniority. In my situation, for example, I feel I have reached a structural plateau, where I feel that with my extensive work experience and rapid advancement, along with my educational accomplishments (attained both my under grad finance degree, as well as my Masters in Business Administration) while working full time in this department, I am at a standstill, when it comes to a promotion. In addition, many individuals tend to not cross train effectively, simply on the basis of job security reasons. The moment an individual senses a slight bit of intimidation (whether it be education, age, or skill level), they tend to cross train their colleagues with just the bare minimum, and refrain from helping the department as a whole and work as a team; all simply because of job security reasons.

Given the size of my department, 8 employees, I still feel that my superior is maintained in her position, solely because of her almost 20 plus years with the company, regardless of her lack of management, interpersonal skills, and communication ability. I feel that management, as a whole, should entice promoting their educated, young, and well skilled employees, rather than hold them back. I’ve heard from certain colleagues that even upper management tends to sustain particular individuals in their positions, even when they try to apply for other positions to advance their career. I am grateful for the new Performance Development Program that has just launched, and am hoping this program will prevent other individuals that are just beginning their careers with Estee Lauder from situations such as mine. On a more positive note, I am looking to advance my career within the company, because I do love their corporate strategies as a whole organization, however I am not refraining from looking outside Estee Lauder for other job opportunities as well. – less
A place in chaos in need of some refinement
Inventory Control Supervisor Estee Lauder (Former Employee), Trevose, PAAugust 27, 2013
Pros: great stretches in the morning
Cons: not enough breaks for management
I am a perfectionist and understand what is needed to make a business work both psychologically and physically. I really loved working with the workers there and really feel comfortable saying that it was a pleasure working with Estee Lauder but there was too much turmoil with the system that was relied on for success.
customer service and product knowledge
ABA ESTEE LAUDER CUSTOMER SERVICE ADVISOR (Current Employee), Charlotte,NCAugust 27, 2013
Pros: fun job
Cons: no benefits
I have been highly trained to work in stressful, fast paced environments, great customer service both in person and on telephone, always on time, love working with adults and children.
Amazing company, great products
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee), Palos Verdes, CAAugust 18, 2013
Was an amazing company to work for. But one small group of bad employees was able to make it an unfavorable work environment.
Good valued cosmetics company
Beauty Adviser (Current Employee), Okemos, MIAugust 18, 2013
Pros: great opportunities for advancement, working at a counter give the employee gratis.
Cons: not enough time to finish all duties, must have experience in customer relations, sales goals are the only reflection of dedication to the job.
Estee Lauder is a great work environment, the company has a great sense of values, but are not very lenient if you do not keep up with clientele and cleaning duties. For the amount that they are able to pay versus the amount of responsibilities given it does not come out even. But the chance for advancement is constant.

About Estee Lauder

The Estée Lauder Companies Inc. is one of the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of quality skin care, makeup, – Read more