Estee Lauder

Estee Lauder Employer Reviews

Great Corporate Culture, but Managment promotes seniority over education/skill level
Payroll Administrator (Current Employee), Melville, NYAugust 28, 2013
I’ve been with Estee Lauder for over 10 years now. I started and served as a Temporary full time employee in the Information Systems department, for 2 six month periods beginning from July 2003 to July 2004. I then remained in the same position, but was paid under a consulting agency (Randstad) for approximately another year and a ½. It wasn’t until – more... January of 2006 that I was hired as a permanent employee of Estee Lauder, here in the Payroll department, in which I still currently work. Since 2006 I have excelled in my work performance year after year, and was inevitably promoted from a non-exempt coordinators position to an Exempt Administrators position. From July 2003 to approximately 2010, has been and amazing experience working for Estee Lauder. We have a strong corporate culture base, as well as excellent benefits and perquisites. The atmosphere on an organizational level has been remarkable. Estee Lauder continues to strive for excellence when I comes to becoming a more family oriented organization, i.e. the newly instated parental leave policies, enhanced dental benefits, etc. In addition, Estee Lauder continues to sustain its philanthropic reputation by maintaining its consistent charitable donations to various organizations and fundraisers for worthy causes.

I understand that every corporations’ management teams differ from one department to the next. However, in my experience with my department, as well as being informed by my colleagues in other departments, that management tends to promote individuals, not on the basis of performance and or educational accomplishments/ skill level, but rather on seniority. In my situation, for example, I feel I have reached a structural plateau, where I feel that with my extensive work experience and rapid advancement, along with my educational accomplishments (attained both my under grad finance degree, as well as my Masters in Business Administration) while working full time in this department, I am at a standstill, when it comes to a promotion. In addition, many individuals tend to not cross train effectively, simply on the basis of job security reasons. The moment an individual senses a slight bit of intimidation (whether it be education, age, or skill level), they tend to cross train their colleagues with just the bare minimum, and refrain from helping the department as a whole and work as a team; all simply because of job security reasons.

Given the size of my department, 8 employees, I still feel that my superior is maintained in her position, solely because of her almost 20 plus years with the company, regardless of her lack of management, interpersonal skills, and communication ability. I feel that management, as a whole, should entice promoting their educated, young, and well skilled employees, rather than hold them back. I’ve heard from certain colleagues that even upper management tends to sustain particular individuals in their positions, even when they try to apply for other positions to advance their career. I am grateful for the new Performance Development Program that has just launched, and am hoping this program will prevent other individuals that are just beginning their careers with Estee Lauder from situations such as mine. On a more positive note, I am looking to advance my career within the company, because I do love their corporate strategies as a whole organization, however I am not refraining from looking outside Estee Lauder for other job opportunities as well. – less
A place in chaos in need of some refinement
Inventory Control Supervisor Estee Lauder (Former Employee), Trevose, PAAugust 27, 2013
Pros: great stretches in the morning
Cons: not enough breaks for management
I am a perfectionist and understand what is needed to make a business work both psychologically and physically. I really loved working with the workers there and really feel comfortable saying that it was a pleasure working with Estee Lauder but there was too much turmoil with the system that was relied on for success.
customer service and product knowledge
ABA ESTEE LAUDER CUSTOMER SERVICE ADVISOR (Current Employee), Charlotte,NCAugust 27, 2013
Pros: fun job
Cons: no benefits
I have been highly trained to work in stressful, fast paced environments, great customer service both in person and on telephone, always on time, love working with adults and children.
Amazing company, great products
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee), Palos Verdes, CAAugust 18, 2013
Was an amazing company to work for. But one small group of bad employees was able to make it an unfavorable work environment.
Good valued cosmetics company
Beauty Adviser (Current Employee), Okemos, MIAugust 18, 2013
Pros: great opportunities for advancement, working at a counter give the employee gratis.
Cons: not enough time to finish all duties, must have experience in customer relations, sales goals are the only reflection of dedication to the job.
Estee Lauder is a great work environment, the company has a great sense of values, but are not very lenient if you do not keep up with clientele and cleaning duties. For the amount that they are able to pay versus the amount of responsibilities given it does not come out even. But the chance for advancement is constant.
Great and Fun Job!
Sales Associate/Training Cosmetic (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 17, 2013
A fun job, I loved, working with make up and skin care, training new hires about the product I enjoyed so much!!!
Best Job .
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee), Melville New YorkAugust 16, 2013
Pros: discounts on all merchandise
Cons: only summer early hrs on fr. when systems were done no work could get done..very frustrating.
Great company to work for, left because of relocation.
Typical work day busy applying cash and wires to the account I was assigned to and learned how to work as a team player,
Management gave me the opportunity to generate the way I utilized my job getting it done efficiently and in a timely fashion .Respected my opinion.Learned to work on Sap systems – more... .customer service skill, on the job training classes (Word ,Excel, Outlook),Data Entry, Great co-workers relationships over 28 years.The hardest part of the job was end of month reporting,balancing all the accounts,closing and reconciling with all Finance Dept.The Knowledge of Accounts Receivable,Payable,and Collection experience was the best in all my years with the compan.. – less
=
Compounder/ Line Worker (Former Employee), Melville, NYJuly 22, 2013
great company much stability and get to work with great people
fun job
Estee Lauder Promotional Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 22, 2013
Pros: everything
Cons: part time work
Enjoyed traveling and working with different cosmetic companies promoting their products.
Mkeup Artist
ABA (Former Employee), South texasJuly 19, 2013
Pros: good pay doe
Cons: part time only
This is a very flexible position if you want partime work
If you are a sales driven individual this is the job for you
Good Amosphere
Quality Assurance Chemist (Current Employee), Bristol, PAJuly 17, 2013
Friendly People, Good Work, Good Managers and Staff. Worked here for two years. Not fulfilling work since I was working with cosmetics. But if a cosmetic company is something you would want to work for then this would be a great place.
Very generous workplace
Environmental Health & Safety Intern (Former Employee), Oakland, NJJuly 14, 2013
A very generous workplace that truly cared about its associates. The culture was rewarding and made it easy to come to work. A very professional workplace.
Cosmetic Retail Management
BUSINESS MANAGER (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 14, 2013
Pros: customers look forward to summer and fall collections and gwps
Cons: customers can get annoyed with constant cold calling and events
This position can be very rewarding for those who are more business oriented. It requires a lot of event coordinating, cold calling and business planning. With Estee Lauder being one of the largest gift with purchase lines, along with numerous product launches, there is always an event to book for. .
warehouse
Back-Up Returns Processor (Former Employee), Hauppauge, NYJuly 13, 2013
air conditioned. factory work.must be ontime . part time and full time hours.
good company to work for
Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Calumet City, ILJuly 2, 2013
very stable company and loyal to their employees hands on company
Great educational training and wonderful managment
Counter Manager (Former Employee), Bloomington, ILJune 27, 2013
Pros: commision based pay, and quaterly qratis
Cons: working nights and weekends
I always had wonderful executives whom were always willing to help me if needed. Also the had a very detailed educational programs with continued education
Sortation Worker
Sortation Worker (Former Employee), Ridgewood, N. Y.June 19, 2013
Pros: flexible
Cons: no full-time hours
Sorted through returned merchandise for expired goods.

Destroyed expired merchandise
Innovative and fashion forward
Business Manager (Former Employee), Denver, COJune 17, 2013
Pros: innovative, trendy, platform for creativity
Working with the Estee Lauder companies, offered an exciting platform to be creative with increasing sales and marketing efforts through team leadership and development.

The management team offered encouragement and guidance to ensure that every team member at every level could be as successful as possible.
Family Oriented
Summer Intern (Former Employee), Melville, NYJune 10, 2013
Lauder takes care of their employees, very friendly work environment.
Fast-paced fun environment.
Fragrance Vendor (Current Employee), Farmington CtJune 4, 2013
Being a vendor you are in and out of different department stores. It is fast-paced and you deal with customers all day.

About Estee Lauder

The Estée Lauder Companies Inc. is one of the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of quality skin care, makeup, – Read more

Estee Lauder Photos