Estee Lauder Employee Reviews in United States

Passion for Makeup
Full-time Makeup Artist (Former Employee) –  Columbus,GaOctober 24, 2015
Working for Dillards had its ups and downs like every job does.
Unfortunately Dillards had a lot of ethic problems.
Making women wear hills all day, nothing lower than 3 inches.
Making the black women straighten their hair in order for it to be seen as "done"
Racial remarks.
I love Makeup Artistry and I wished I was able to stay even in the environment I was in.
Pros
Makeup
Cons
The company itself needs to be revamped.
rewarding friendly work environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYOctober 20, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of assisting my managers with their daily tasks which usually consisted of reviewing data for potential errors. I learned more than I could have ever imagined. I learned how to use new software systems such as CPM and SAP. Management was incredible they helped me and assisted me with any issues I had. My Coworkers also were always very helpful with any questions I had. The hardest part of my job was leaving. The most enjoyable part of my job was insuring that I was headed down the right career path for me.
creative and fun place to work.
Customer service rep. Make-up artist/cashier (Former Employee) –  concord, CAOctober 19, 2015
Fulfilling the customers needs was a priority.
I learned that everyone is unique and should be handled with care.
The management was very reliable and made sure everything ran smoothly. I really enjoyed working with my co-workers. We made a great team. The hardest part of the job was learning how to divide my time between customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was making people feel as though They were number one.
Pros
putting make-up on people all day
Cons
not enough hours
Fun, Fast Paced and Creative work environment
freelance makeup artist-MAC cosmetics (Current Employee) –  Los AngelesOctober 17, 2015
Great work place for makeup artist who needs the freedom to explore other avenues in their career. I enjoy working for Estee Lauder Companies because not only are they the lead in the cosmetic industry but the growth, knowledge, and experience you gain is far more worth any compensation.
Pros
Freedom, Good pay, creative work environment
Cons
Few benefits
Best Boss ever
Makeup Artist (Former Employee) –  Las Americas, PROctober 15, 2015
I had the best coworker ever and the boss...Lovely beautiful women...they where like moms, aunts....love them... I left because of the economy situation at that time.
Pros
free products
Good Company to work for
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 15, 2015
I really enjoyed working for Estee Lauder. I was able to transfer to different stores when I moved because I was a military wife. I love cosmetics and helping people so it was the perfect job for me.
Productive and flexible workplace
Freelance Makeup Artist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 11, 2015
Fast paced and flexible work days. High energy and positive management team. Great communication among leaders and staff. Continued training and investment in employees.
Exciting work enviroment very diverse teams
Executive Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Miami FloridaOctober 11, 2015
A typical day at work Fast pace many to do's. As soon as I arrive to work pull reports on previous work day results. Communicate to my 6 accounts how they ended their day vs. their goal. Set them up for the new day and readjust numbers if they did not make the goal the prior day. Review what's on the market calendar for the week. The most enjoyable part of the day is spending time with my associates that's where you get bank for your money. To develop their opportunities and teach new skills to enhance their productivity. Communication is key with Management in my role I represent both the Department store Macys and the brand Estee Lauder. Must have on going communication with both sides at all times so we are on the same page at the end of the day its the same objective MAKE THE GOAL!! Area of opportunity with the job is always having the right talent to execute the job expectations. When it comes to co-workers always say "Teams wins" very important to connect and have each other as support we can learn from each other and offer support when needed. I continue to learn in every role I own that's what its all about growth opportunity, in this current position traveling to different locations every environment is unique.
Work was easy
PACKER (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYOctober 11, 2015
I learned that every details counts and should always be well inspected. Estee Lauder was a easy job because i knew what had to be done right the first time. The hardest job probably was doing rework for those who wouldn't pay attention.
It was a producitve learning experience working there
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 8, 2015
A typical day at my work was very busy and eclectic, doing multitasking activities, learning about how to set inventory layout etc.,, having great coworkers, can't said the same about the management team, who were the hardest part of the job.
Pros
free merchandise, great coworkers
Cons
bad management team
Training is top notch
Accredited Special Events Consultant (Current Employee) –  MissouriOctober 1, 2015
The Lauder companies give beauty consultants all of the tools they need to be successful! I have been with the company in different ways over the last years and I have really enjoyed it.
Pros
Gratis
Cons
Very little advancement unless you change lines
Great management team! Learned a lot from this job!
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CASeptember 29, 2015
A typical day here would be to clock in and then be filled in on sales goals and where we were at for the day. Then we would brainstorm about new, fun and inventive way to increase our goals while meeting the needs of our clients. Very creative place to work, ideas were always welcomed and heard.
Pros
Supportive team, Creativity encouraged, educational services provided.
cool people to work with
Pre-weigh Compounder/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Bristol, PASeptember 24, 2015
this was a good job to work for, i was alwaysat work and i learned so much. i can take the same things i learn and use them for where ever i go in my life.
Productive Luxurious Fun Environment
Lead Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INSeptember 22, 2015
Great skill building in clinetlling, sales, fashion, and skin care. The company lets the employees experience the products to they can give a testimony about the products to clients. The company gives you the tools and help you need to succeed as a person and an employee.
Pros
Great hourly rate, Commission Bonus
Cons
Having to work for the holding compnay, such as Carsons
STRICT but enjoyable
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOSeptember 21, 2015
If you are a makeup enthusiast like me, this may be a great job to get your foot in the door of the beauty industry, but not a place for you to necessarily show your creative makeup skills. The sales goals were very strict, and when you work in a mall that is not that busy and for a short shift, it is very difficult to meet those goals. My coworkers were very fair and honest and not at all cutthroat, despite it being a commissioned job. The hardest part of this job by far was PRE-SELLING THE FREE GIFT WITH PURCHASE. Pre-selling started a few weeks after my first day on the sales floor. As you can imagine, I hadn't had a good clientele that new me and my name. As a new BA, with not that many clients of your own, it was very difficult to get customers to shop with me over the phone. I honestly think that with a better set of circumstances I could've stuck it out with this job, though.
Pros
Playing with makeup, paid 30 minute breaks, good pay
Cons
Very strict sales goals, can be stressful
A day
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDSeptember 1, 2015
My typical work day includes servicing clients and maintaining my goals for the day.
I am surrounded by wonderful co-workers and clients who make the day filled with fun.
Pros
my clients are great
Cons
days that are slow
fun workplace to interact with clients and meet their needs
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 28, 2015
Fun place to work with multiple team members. Personality was a must or you did not stand out or show what you are capable of. Sales goals were exceeded . I went above and beyond my goals to show that I wanted to be the top sales Beauty Advisor.
Pros
Brunches and Lunches provided prior to training on new product at high end hotels
Cons
No room for advancement
Wonderful place to work
Belk's Counter Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 27, 2015
One of the best places to work for! Managers are amazing! very supportive and caring about each person! I received great leadership skills from working with this company.
Pros
Cons
Hours
Productive and Fun place to work at.
Manger (Former Employee) –  staten islandAugust 27, 2015
I enjoyed my time at Aveda . It was very fun filled and I learned a lot working with this company. It helped me grow as a person and helped me broaden my talents to further levels.
Pros
pay rate was good
Cons
not enough hours given
Fun working in the Cosmetic Business
Manager (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLAugust 26, 2015
Quota's to meet daily and weekly. Had to make cold calls to set
up appointment for make overs.

The hardest was the management on you daily to make more sales.

Closed store daily and most nights.

Very nice people to work with.
Pros
Money
Cons
worked every weekend and holidays

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Estee Lauder. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2