Estee Lauder Employee Reviews

Good company, good product
Manager (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYApril 12, 2016
The manufacturing plant in NY is a great place to work. they care about the people, provide great benefits and regularly communicate with each other.
Pros
people, benefits
Cons
not sure about future of product, probalby needs to be more environmental to survive long term
Great company to work for
Smashbox Cosmetics Counter Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 7, 2016
Its great to work for a brand that is so versatile in the market, I get the privilege to work with many different people from all walks of life putting together events, and spas that are fun and revenue building for the brand.
Production
Production floor supervisor (Current Employee) –  Melville, NY 11747April 1, 2016
Company in itself is great. Good people. Great work environment. Temp agency is horrible that works out of Estee Lauder
a great start to build sales and customer service experience. friendly enviornment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVMarch 28, 2016
great place to work if your starting out in sales and customer service.
friendly staff limited advancement opportunities
Pros
great sales experience
Cons
limited advancement
Great environment, IF you're a permanent employee.
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYMarch 23, 2016
This company thrives off hiring temps. They hire countless temps that outnumber the permanent employees. It creates a bad environment when the perms are getting paid a LOT more to do the same work as the temps. There needs to be a structure with an end date where the temp is temp to perm after a certain time period.

This company, as I'm sure a lot of other companies do, hires people based on if they have a relative that works at the company. They do not care if they are completely under qualified, as long as they have a relative that's an employee they're golden.

Overall, a majority of the people hired are hard, intelligent workers who do their jobs correctly. There is a lot of intellectual thinking that goes on within the labs.
Pros
Bag sale, discount at the company store
Cons
Cannot get specific items at company store as a temp, not allowed at the holiday party, no PTO, no sick days, no holiday pay, no affordable insurance
high stress
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 19, 2016
too many events, sales goals too high. enjoyed working with my coworkers. boss does not appreciate hard work, only criticizes
Freelancer
Freelance Brand Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 2, 2016
Working as a freelancer gives me the opportunity to call in hours as needed and work from different locations. The managers are very attentive and easy to work with.
Pros
flexible
Cons
short notice
good place to learn soft skills and technique
freelance makeup artist/ retail sales (Current Employee) –  Melville, NY 11747February 23, 2016
-good way to learn how to service customers
-most enjoyable part of job, doing makeup applications
-worst part selling wtv to meet quotas
My boss is awezone
Fragrances Sales Specialist, and Freelancer (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJFebruary 20, 2016
Typical day at work is help macys customer and staff find the fragrance they need also spray blotter card, demostrate the products etc.

I learned more about fragrances and their notes, and ingridients

Management is fine overall I am a vendor so the interaction with them is very little.

All vendors are competitors and a healthy way I love to sale sale sale !!!

There is not hard part my only complaint is I need more hours and a full time job .

I enjoy it all of way love my job . My boss is awezone !!!
Pros
GRATIS
Cons
NO ENOUGH HOURS NO OPPORTUNITY TO GROWTH MY CAREER
I Loved It
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 15, 2016
Awesome job... flexible hours great training and staff ! I was permanent and a free-lancer.

Have to sell and know your products. Provide great customer service and application of makeup as an artist.

Making people happy all over the world.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Schedule Sometimes

Want to know more about Estee Lauder?

Ask a question
Productive and fun
Beauty Advisor/Makeup Artist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 11, 2016
I love being in the environment where I get to constantly converse and meet new people. It's my job and duty to make that person feel comfortable as well as excited about our time together.
fun, innovative, retail hours, name recognition
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 10, 2016
Great place to start retail/sales career. Great to be a part of a large company that give you job stability. Nice to preview new products before they launch to public.
Pros
Great place to start in sales, brand awareness, new products
Cons
Long hours, competitive marketplace, strict image guidelines
Excellent workplace with great people
Security Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakland, NJJanuary 27, 2016
Estee Lauder manufacturing plant was a excellent work environment which along with the employees made of one of the most pleasing places to be employed. This company knew the value of an employee to a team.
Pros
great pay, excellent benefits and many giveaways
Cons
moved out of state
productive
Make artist/sales associate (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJanuary 20, 2016
Working as a makeup artist at estee lauder was simply awesome I got to work with an meet different cultures along with strengthen m skills as an sales associate and make up artist ,it also allowed me to pick up more skills on perfecting my customer service skills.
Pros
working for the company
Cons
I had one of the best experience working for this company, all the Managers are very proffesional and all the co-workers were as a family members.
Manufacturing Support and Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJanuary 15, 2016
A typical day of work was to read the PO's and start the day with a great attitude.
I learned a lot about Manufacturing and Warehouse, also to Operate some machines.
Management were excellent.
My co-workers were very friendly and also they always were ready to help me in anything I need at work.
The hardest part of the job, I believe was sometimes we have to lift heavy machinery and chemicals.
The most enjoyable part of the job was that every single employee cooperate in the job.
Pros
Bonus, Gift certificates, Family Pic nic, Chritsmas Party, Sick day bonus. Very good Health Insurance
Cons
Nothing at all.
making clients feel more beautul then ever!
Freelance Makeup artist (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 12, 2016
I learned through out the years of doing make up and styling hair, is to really listen and understand your clients needs make them feel like a guest in your home treat them with respect and honesty! I really enjoyed all my clients reactions after I was done with my work, making them feel beautiful from the inside out. and really you are nothing without teamwork when you all get along and put your hands together to make a company work you can't go wrong, it makes it a more pleasant place for the customer to be in!
No Means Next
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 6, 2016
-Estee Lauder is a great company to work for and holds a beautiful story behind it. This woman had a dream and a passion for cosmetics, and she went for it! This company is constantly growing, and has many other brands on board.
-Job is very hands on, introducing skincare and make up tutorials is crucial in building business.
-Having great customer skills, and building lasting connections. The customer overall experience is important, it is what sets you apart from the competition.
-Coworkers are generally ok, in the cosmetics department it is hard to have positive relationships. Others like to gossip, or walk away with your business, which means your counter loses $$. It is better to keep to yourself.
-Management is completely unorganized at Macy's not Estee Lauder. That is what has made it most difficult to work for this cosmetics brand. I was not in love with my work environment. There was a lack of care for employees.
-The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new people and building business, just watching all the hard work turn into positive growth made me feel proud.
it was mediocre
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bristol, PADecember 30, 2015
the people i worked with were very rude. the management was very rude. the pay wasnt great and there was inconsistent hours along with it. i just had a bad experiance
Great company to work for
Estee Lauder Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKDecember 22, 2015
They are a great company that spends a lot of time teaching their staff! They care about you and teach you everything that you need to know.
Pros
free makeup
Tiring
perfume Packager (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYDecember 8, 2015
Same routine everyday, feels like your days are depressing. It is very organized the way they do things, but its not somewhere I would personally want to stay for the rest of my career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Estee Lauder. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2