Estee Lauder Employee Reviews

Makeup counter in mall
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIApril 28, 2017
This was a fun seasonal job. I got to work during black friday, christmas and valentines day which are all very busy for a makeup counter and i loved the fast pace of it all!
Wonderful company, wonderful products. The range of management styles can be considerable
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 28, 2017
A typical day at work would vary greatly as I was a floater, contracting wherever I was needed. I learned much about the beauty business and how terribly competitive it is. Management was varied as it depended on what division you worked and who you worked for.
Great experience
Beauty Advisor and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 24, 2017
This has been by far my favorite job. Unfortunately I had to leave because I was employed at Carson's and worked in cosmetics and my Carson's manager was an overall jerk. My counter manager at Estee Lauder was very professional and helpful in making me grow. Great company that revolves around customers!
Pros
free makeup
Fun, Creative , and educational
Estee Lauder Beauty Advisor freelance (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 24, 2017
A typical day at work was greeting clients ,giving product knowledge and applying makeup. What I've learned is the different face features a person has and how we can pop out a feature my giving them the right materials and color. Management was great and fun always positive and helpful. The workplace culture was truly great greeting people from outside the country and out of state. The hardest part of the job was really nothing only the commute. Leaving the city at night and taking bart home was a tad scary but doable. The most enjoyable part of the job was the expressions and gratitude the clients get. Just seeing them happy and excited with my work. Having someone feel beautiful and confident means a lot.
Pros
The clients happiness and working with makeup, traveling
Cons
Commute
Good Company
Temporary - Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 23, 2017
Worked for 2 wonderful CEO's who liked me a lot. It was wonderful to work with them for the time frame needed.

The associates were helpful and friendly. Friendly atmosphere and help temporary employee to adjust.

Hardest part of the job was leaving at the end of the assignment.
Loved all the help from the other admins. Workplace culture very friendly.
Pros
Free breakfast/lunch if there is a big meeting - which generate lots of leftover.lol
Cons
In my case leaving at the end oft the day to catch the train
Productive, Informative Workplace
Retail and Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 20, 2017
A typical workday for me while working at Estee Lauder consisted of operational duties such as payroll and scheduling, oversaw fiscal planning for corporate events, developed marketing strategies to drive sales optimizing in-store inventory levels.
Pros
Sales bonus, vacation, and benefits
Education and product knowledge equals success
Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 20, 2017
Fun and great company product incentives. Sales goals and personal connections are a must to succeed. Working in the beauty departments is fun and it makes you feel pretty. Teamwork is important and being reliable as well.
Organized and amazing
Estée Lauder Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 11, 2017
One of the best internships I have eery had. I truly learned so much about marketing and it is like working and how we think of it as thins, with it's stuff bears.
Pros
All of it
Cons
You always have to dress amazingly fashionable.
Great place to work. Too bad they outsourced IT to India
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYApril 11, 2017
It was a really great and friendly place to work. We worked hard, but we had fun too. They outsourced to India to save money (which turned out to be a mistake according to people who still work there). It was a really great environment. My manager was cool. She got promoted and one of our coworkers was promoted to the new manager. She was nice too. Overall, great place to work, but we were considered consultants and did not get any benefits or employee perks.
Pros
Fun, friendly, good pay
Cons
outsourced to India, no benefits, no employee perks as consultant
Helpful, Hardworking and was New to Cosmetic
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 6, 2017
Start the day with making sure that the cash register has enough money; and make sure that the environment is clean for the customers and make sure that I have positive attitude.

I was new to cosmetics, but I have learned a lot so that I can be of help to the customers.
not enough employees to run the store
counter manager (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, NYApril 4, 2017
A typical day at work would be for me to get to my counter and try to finish my inventory. I had to gut out the entire counter and reorganize it after the other counter manager left. I honestly couldn't get the time to help my customers that need help with Estee purchases because I was always stuck ringing out customers with retail purchases.
Pros
got to play with make up and get paid for it.
Cons
short staffed
Production supervisor
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Trevose, PAApril 4, 2017
Great opportunity to learn management in supply chain. The job involves supervising assembly line and instruction on-call employee how to assemble products. Manage finish goods and regulate inventory using SAP.
Estee Lauder is great, but working at a counter in a store is not
Bonton Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bon ton palmer park mallMarch 31, 2017
Estee Lauder is an amazing and inspiring company to work for, but working at a counter for a department store is not so great. You're basically treated badly
Pros
amazing gratis
Cons
not good pay
Not bad
Regional Artist (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMarch 30, 2017
My experience was average. Decent upper management, organized. Company culture was non existent and ugly uniforms. Offered more training than other companies
fast paced commission job
COUNTER MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVMarch 25, 2017
* exceeded goal, planned events, trained team.
* attended cosmetic courses provided
*great customer service
*lots of job creativity
*opened store credit cards to create brand loyalty.
Pros
Hotel, gas, and food reimbursement, insurance, etc.
Cons
never stop working. away from home a lot.
productive and competitive
Counter manager/ Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 24, 2017
It was a very competitive job but had opportunity to grow with the company. I worked at a very small counter so it was hard to meet goals. Overall it was a good company to work for
Estee Lauder is a great company to work for as freelance employee
Lead Artist/Regional Featured Artist (Former Employee) –  Various locationsMarch 23, 2017
I enjoyed freelance work I did for Estee Lauder. They paid well and provided ability to work when I wanted and how much I wanted. I moved up quickly within the parameters of the position I held.
Pros
Working hours I wanted
Cons
not steady pay and no benefits
great place to work
Elite Artist (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMarch 21, 2017
Good place to work with talented artists. We were always paid and compensated very well from our bosses. If you like making your own hours and traveling to different venues then this job is amazing.
Nice learning experience
Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMarch 19, 2017
I left this company with a whole new level of respect for counter mangers, so much pressure, lots of competition with the other counters around you. Overall not too bad
Pros
free makeup, nice customer relationships
Cons
pressure to keep sales up
Beauty Consultant
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dumas, TXMarch 16, 2017
I worked for a Este Lauder inside of bealls and the company is an awesome company to work for but I just had a bad experience with the manager at bealls.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Estee Lauder. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2