Estee Lauder Employee Reviews

productive
Make artist/sales associate (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJanuary 20, 2016
Working as a makeup artist at estee lauder was simply awesome I got to work with an meet different cultures along with strengthen m skills as an sales associate and make up artist ,it also allowed me to pick up more skills on perfecting my customer service skills.
Pros
working for the company
Cons
creative and fun place to work.
Customer service rep. Make-up artist/cashier (Former Employee) –  concord, CAOctober 19, 2015
Fulfilling the customers needs was a priority.
I learned that everyone is unique and should be handled with care.
The management was very reliable and made sure everything ran smoothly. I really enjoyed working with my co-workers. We made a great team. The hardest part of the job was learning how to divide my time between customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was making people feel as though They were number one.
Pros
putting make-up on people all day
Cons
not enough hours
not a good company
COUNTER MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 28, 2016
they never have stock , false promises , staffing is a problem and commutcation is too. they dont care about the lower managemnt . to many meetings and phone calls
Pros
free products
Cons
low pay
Good Company
REGIONAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  PrivateApril 10, 2015
Great benefits, culture, career advancement, environment is positive, people are awesome. I would recommend and encourage people to work at this company.
Review of Daily Responsibilities
Counter Manager (Current Employee) –  Paris, TNFebruary 1, 2014
• Coordinating and maintaining floor and stock areas consistent with store standards in presentation and hygiene requirements
• Unpacking new merchandise deliveries in a timely manner should be stored in a place that does not obstruct customer access to the department
• Ensuring timely set-up including signage for promotional events
• Following procedures for all systems including AIR, counts, markdowns, retickets, inventory control, and RTV’s
• Maintaining store and vendor professional dress standards (uniforms) and appearance
• Cooperating with fellow associates and management
• Complying with store policies concerning attendance, tardiness, and associate handbook
• Accepting additional duties or share responsibilities during busy times and/or as requested by Area Sales Manager/Merchandise Coordinator/Store Manager
• Assisting with all non-sell duties as assigned by Counter Manager/Area Sales Manager/Merchandise Coordinator/Store Manager where appropriate
• Maintaining open lines of communication with store management, account executive, and vendor management
Pros
Gets free samples of products
Cons
NONE!
Great place to work to the location is great
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYMay 4, 2016
Work is very exciting and challenging. The people are great and that proved to be a great work environment. Flexible days off during the summer months and holidays off in the winter
Pros
Discounted products
Cons
3rd Shift
making clients feel more beautul then ever!
Freelance Makeup artist (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 12, 2016
I learned through out the years of doing make up and styling hair, is to really listen and understand your clients needs make them feel like a guest in your home treat them with respect and honesty! I really enjoyed all my clients reactions after I was done with my work, making them feel beautiful from the inside out. and really you are nothing without teamwork when you all get along and put your hands together to make a company work you can't go wrong, it makes it a more pleasant place for the customer to be in!
Fun place to work with freedom to express myself through make up
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 16, 2015
I love having a job where I wake up in the morning and look forward to being at work because I love what I do as well as my co workers and my management team. The pay is great, the benefits are awesome. It doesn't even feel like work!
Fun and productive
Event Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami and Ft LauderdaleSeptember 25, 2012
A typical day at work is filled with exciting things, because its in an exciting environment, the products sell themselves. Its the beauty industry and who does not want to look beautiful. The fun part is that I got paid and very well at that, to make women feel good about themselves and their purchases. I would travel to various retail stores to set up for Beauty events, which included signage, tables, product, and worked along with the team at the store to sell product. Management had a very good way of difusing any stress and pressure to perform, because everyone wore a beauty smile and made it work as a team effort, and the sales goals were exceeded. There was a good vibe amongst the coworkers, mutual respect for each other. The hardest part of the job was felt at the end of the work day when you got home, after the rush of excitement and the shoes came off from the long hours on your feet. But in the beauty business you should know what to do to bounce back just as bright and beautiful the next day. The most enjoyable part of the job was servicing a very satisfied customer, have a high sales day at the events that exceeded goals.
Pros
lots and lots of beauty products
Cons
all your friends want free stuff and samples
Great Culture
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 8, 2016
Loved my internship and the project I was given. Co-workers are extremely hard working and motivating. Everyone is willing to jump in and help one another. Family like environment.

Want to know more about Estee Lauder?

Ask a question
Stimulating environment with advancement potential
Executive Director E-Commerce (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 23, 2013
fast paced, energetic environment., average compensation when compared with industry. Good benefits when compared with industry. Culture is good, Values are honorable - the Lauder family and corporation are very philanthropic. i feel comfortable and that my Job is secure at the present time.
Tiring
perfume Packager (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYDecember 8, 2015
Same routine everyday, feels like your days are depressing. It is very organized the way they do things, but its not somewhere I would personally want to stay for the rest of my career.
Estee Lauder, overall, is a good solid company to work for
Area Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Upstate SC and Western NCSeptember 24, 2014
They are generous with perks, but tend to be on the low end of compensation.
It is fast paced and fun. Love my co-workers and absolutely love my management team. I learned so much about business from them.
The most difficult part is meeting daily goals.
Pros
lots of free product
Cons
meeting daily goals
Fun place to work
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIMay 14, 2015
Enjoyed the benefits and perks of the job
enjoyed the uniforms and my coworkers.
It was difficult trying to remember every product and it's benefit, as well as being able to get sales on our slowest days.
Pros
awesome gratis, flexible schedule, work/life balance
Cons
gift with purchase goals and goodwill goals
Had a great boss
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 18, 2012
Worked for a wonderful and kind man. He was generous with his praise and compensation.
Pros
management was awesome
Cons
unchallenging work
It was a producitve learning experience working there
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 8, 2015
A typical day at my work was very busy and eclectic, doing multitasking activities, learning about how to set inventory layout etc.,, having great coworkers, can't said the same about the management team, who were the hardest part of the job.
Pros
free merchandise, great coworkers
Cons
bad management team
Making people feel beautiful through makeup
Manager & Beauty Advisor, Dillards/Estee Lauder (Former Employee) –  Coralville, IANovember 24, 2015
As a beauty advisor/manager at Estee Lauder, I was able to help women feel confident by enhancing their appearance through makeup application techniques. It was a rewarding experience, which helped me further explore career aspirations in customer service.
Great company to work for
Smashbox Cosmetics Counter Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 7, 2016
Its great to work for a brand that is so versatile in the market, I get the privilege to work with many different people from all walks of life putting together events, and spas that are fun and revenue building for the brand.
Loved helping my clients.
Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYDecember 28, 2014
My favorite part of the day was helping my clients with their skin care concerns- and making them feel beautiful. I truly loved the girls I worked with- we were a family. Compensation was not up to par with the goals that were demanded. Short on staff- no help from management.
Pros
Clients, co-workers, and product
Cons
money and management
Flexable Work Environment
Beauty Advisor/ Counter Manager (Current Employee) –  Barboursville, WVApril 29, 2014
Estee Lauder as a company is a nice company to work for. They provide you with all training that you will need to be successful at your cosmetic counter. Be prepared for long hours and stressful situations during important Gift with purchase times. There is a level of excellence expected with the company.
Pros
Gratis
Cons
Compensation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Estee Lauder. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2