Estee Lauder

Estee Lauder Employer Reviews

I loved being a make-up artist!
Account Executive (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 12, 2012
Pros: flexible schedule, excellent pay and benefits
Working for Estee Lauder was a wonderful experience full of
exciting challenges and learning new things in the make-up and fashion industry. I worked with a great team in L.A. and really enjoyed my time with this fantastic company!
Fun, great learning experience, and travel opportunities
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Westlake, OHAugust 9, 2012
Pros: made amazing friends, great health care.
Cons: you are just a number and easily replaceable since so many people want to work for them.
Fun work environment.
Great Co-workers.
The Region I worked for was ran very politically.
You must make required sales goals which can be difficult.
Review
Order Handler (Former Employee), Melville, NYAugust 9, 2012
My co-workers where great. We helped each other. The most enjoyable part of the job was we laugh so much I truly miss that.
Friendly environment & flexible hours
Panelist -Product Research Specialist (Current Employee), Melville, NYAugust 7, 2012
Pros: free lunches & breakfast
Cons: not enough hours available
Choose the jobs &/or products you want to work on.
Flexible per diem hours.
Fun workplace with a lot of room for advancement.
Associate Business Manager (Former Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 3, 2012
Pros: room for advancement, hour lunches, meeting different people, lots of fun
Cons: a lot of pressure
I loved my previous job at Estee Lauder, helping others is my passion making woman feel beautiful is my passion. The experience was great, its a family Oriented company with a lot of room to advance. But I am looking for something a bit more laid back and behind the scenes.
Fun workplace with a lot of room for advancement.
Associate Business Manager (Former Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 3, 2012
Pros: room for advancement, hour lunches, meeting different people, lots of fun
Cons: a lot of pressure
Great Internship Experience
Industrial Engineer Intern (Former Employee), Oakland, NJJuly 30, 2012
Pros: 70% discount on all estee lauder product (girlfriend loved it)
Cons: hiring freeze
People were great, sad the the economic crisis hit when it hit.
Excellent place to work with huge potential for growth
Sr Education Executive (Former Employee), Phoenix, azJuly 13, 2012
Pros: free estee lauder product
Cons: long hours
I loved working here. The people and benefits were amazing! I was challenged and supported in all areas of work.
Exciting, Fun, Challenging, and Creative Work!
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 11, 2012
Pros: exciting to make people look and feel their most beautiful
Cons: i love the challenge of meeting set goals but unfortunatley it isnt always this way
I enjoy working for Estee Lauder because I am able to make people feel amazing about them selves. Whether Im making a sale or not I am able to educate people about their skin, make up, and ways to highlight their beauty.

On a regular day I come to work and begin my day by prepairing my makeup brushes, targeting my daily goals, and experimenting with – more... the many customers of all walks of life with makeup, skin care, and the various perfume collections Estee has to offer.

Everyday I learn something new with the customers and the many products we sell at Estee. The counter manager usually has a quick update when I arrive to work of what our goals are and any updates. Its a fun work place for a person who loves customer interaction and product knowledge. – less
Serious work environment with great benefits and mature employees
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJuly 8, 2012
Pros: hour lunch breaks
Cons: strict, high policy environment, no play
A normal daynatnwork started around 9am-7pm helping customers batter their skin with our facial products. I learn a lot about skin care and different personalities. My manager was strict with great morals and strong values to the business. I loved my co-workers, even though the hardest part of the job was not being able to really interact with them – more... while working. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning hownt tame a healthy lifestyle along with great skin care. – less
Extreme pressure causes negative results in cosmetics dept.
COUNTER MANAGER (Current Employee), Bala-Cynwyd, PAJuly 6, 2012
Cons: negative environment.
My day consists of an extrem amount of management pressure. I recruit women for makeovers. sell products order for the counter. Rarely do I get what I need in my orders causing me and the counter to lose sales. Our schedules are rolling and we are rarely allowed to change them. There is no balance in our lives. The GM expects us to live our jobs. this – more... does not provide a positive environment. The women in the cosmetic dept. dread coming to work and therefore production is down. At least three people have left or given notice in the past two weeks. – less
Fun place to work
Bumble & Bumble Booking Room Coordinator (Former Employee), New York NYJune 27, 2012
This was a fun job. I learned a lo of customer service and management skills. The hardest part of my job was being constanly under staffed.
Fun Place to Work
Business Manager (Former Employee), Augusta, GAJune 18, 2012
Pros: fun place
Cons: no health care or benefits
Learn new ideas, meet new people, fun and enjoyable. Plan events and work with other counters. Close family enviroment.
Truly productive and fun
Quality Coordinator (Former Employee), Bristol, PAJune 8, 2012
Pros: free gifts
This company not only offer great benefits but it offers the senior citizen community a great place to work w/ o affecting thier ss benefits.
Use to be a fun place to work
Assembler, packaging items on the assembly lines (Former Employee), Melville, NYJune 3, 2012
Pros: picnics
Cons: short breaks
Work use to be good until things were cut out. Things got more strict and the management was great the people that I met on a daily basis through the temp agency were nice. I learned a great deal within 17 years of being with the company from being in different areas of the building and doing many different jobs from shipping to production and disturbution.
An upbeat and fun compeditive enviroment.
Counter Manager (Former Employee), Macy's Arnot MallJune 2, 2012
Pros: commision and free product were nice incentives.
Cons: some travil was involved and it made it hard to get a driveing licencs.
It was hard to leave this job because the enviroment was fun and the people were even better.
Loved working with Macy's and Estee Lauder as an Acccount Coordinator
Account Coordinator, Macy's N.W (Former Employee), Washington StatesMay 24, 2012
Pros: car allowance, salary, travel and expense
Cons: n/a
Organized, great team rapport and acheived all sales goals and expectations.
A job that requires novice make-up skills. A fun team to work with with multiple working enviornments
Make-up Artist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 16, 2012
Everyday is different since I am on a traveling team. We usually go in teams around Illinois to different events such as; fashion shows, mall events, and trend shows. I will have clientele and new customers sit in my chair to get a consultation for the entire 8 hour day. During a consultation I try to sell the products I am applying to my client while – more... maintaining a positive conversation and relaxing experience for each person. If an event was slow, I would use my marketing skills to attract new clients to Estee Lauder. If I were to get a new client, they would sit down in my chair and the consulting process would begin. The team includes 15 women, who are all wonderful. The management is great too since we all have similar personalities, and can have fun while we are working. The best part of the job is that the hours are flexible, and establishing relationships with multiple people in the industry, and outside of the industry. The hardest part, which is not a big deal, is traveling to the farthest places from where I live in Illinois. – less
If you don't mind working 6 days a week for little money.
Beauty Associate (Current Employee), Carlsbad, CAMay 8, 2012
Pros: free cosmetics
Cons: no advancement, price points, customer base leaving, unflattering unifrom
The business is slow and numbers are down for the year. Not to many walk up clients. Most people not spending a lot on cosmetics unless there is a free sample with their purchase.

Management: They never know whats going on. They do not follow through with information from executive to associate level. I am bored now with the job there no perks. The – more... goals they want us to accomplish are almost difficult because they are taking the customer favorite products and incentives away.

The most enjoyable part is when someone lets me do a full cosmetic make over on them and they are so happy on how they now look after a make up session that they are teary of joy. I love to service my customers. – less
Performing as a Estee Lauder Sales Representative and Makeup Artist
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), Franklin, TNApril 19, 2012
Pros: free seminars, commission, gratis (free products)
Cons: no healthcare benefits
Carrying a bright smile and clean presentation through my friendly nature helps form an amiable atmosphere most everywhere I go. Being a sales representative consisted of creating the most pleasurable experience for her through immediate assistance, creating a conversation, and having ample product knowledgeable. Estee Lauder is such a prestigious line – more... and offered powerful results to customers through the power of engagement with the customer through conversation about either her outfit, simply the weather, or the latest on fashion news. A typical day consisted of greeting and asserting the needs of each immediate customer, clerical duties, clientele chart keeping, answering the phone, emailing clients and my Regional Cosmetic Merchandisers, reporting to store manager Mondays on sales, promotional events, 3 to 4 facials and makeovers, opening credit cards, setting up innovative merchandising displays, and ultimately executing sales goals.

What I find to have been the hardest part of my job was being able to overlook the fact that everything I did had to be executed so perfectly or it was considered as a bad flawed job done on my behalf. Creating a relationship and recruiting customers via email or us postal was one of the most enjoyable and essential of my job! With my flexible personality, and genuine caring personality helps me to enjoy and love my job the most. I believe when I can present myself with enough love and respect others around me will in turn respect themselves and me, and in turn this makes my job most enjoyable. – less

About Estee Lauder

The Estée Lauder Companies Inc. is one of the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of quality skin care, makeup, – Read more

Estee Lauder Photos