Estee Lauder

Estee Lauder Employer Reviews

A job that requires novice make-up skills. A fun team to work with with multiple working enviornments
Make-up Artist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 16, 2012
Everyday is different since I am on a traveling team. We usually go in teams around Illinois to different events such as; fashion shows, mall events, and trend shows. I will have clientele and new customers sit in my chair to get a consultation for the entire 8 hour day. During a consultation I try to sell the products I am applying to my client while – more... maintaining a positive conversation and relaxing experience for each person. If an event was slow, I would use my marketing skills to attract new clients to Estee Lauder. If I were to get a new client, they would sit down in my chair and the consulting process would begin. The team includes 15 women, who are all wonderful. The management is great too since we all have similar personalities, and can have fun while we are working. The best part of the job is that the hours are flexible, and establishing relationships with multiple people in the industry, and outside of the industry. The hardest part, which is not a big deal, is traveling to the farthest places from where I live in Illinois. – less
If you don't mind working 6 days a week for little money.
Beauty Associate (Current Employee), Carlsbad, CAMay 8, 2012
Pros: free cosmetics
Cons: no advancement, price points, customer base leaving, unflattering unifrom
The business is slow and numbers are down for the year. Not to many walk up clients. Most people not spending a lot on cosmetics unless there is a free sample with their purchase.

Management: They never know whats going on. They do not follow through with information from executive to associate level. I am bored now with the job there no perks. The – more... goals they want us to accomplish are almost difficult because they are taking the customer favorite products and incentives away.

The most enjoyable part is when someone lets me do a full cosmetic make over on them and they are so happy on how they now look after a make up session that they are teary of joy. I love to service my customers. – less
Performing as a Estee Lauder Sales Representative and Makeup Artist
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), Franklin, TNApril 19, 2012
Pros: free seminars, commission, gratis (free products)
Cons: no healthcare benefits
Carrying a bright smile and clean presentation through my friendly nature helps form an amiable atmosphere most everywhere I go. Being a sales representative consisted of creating the most pleasurable experience for her through immediate assistance, creating a conversation, and having ample product knowledgeable. Estee Lauder is such a prestigious line – more... and offered powerful results to customers through the power of engagement with the customer through conversation about either her outfit, simply the weather, or the latest on fashion news. A typical day consisted of greeting and asserting the needs of each immediate customer, clerical duties, clientele chart keeping, answering the phone, emailing clients and my Regional Cosmetic Merchandisers, reporting to store manager Mondays on sales, promotional events, 3 to 4 facials and makeovers, opening credit cards, setting up innovative merchandising displays, and ultimately executing sales goals.

What I find to have been the hardest part of my job was being able to overlook the fact that everything I did had to be executed so perfectly or it was considered as a bad flawed job done on my behalf. Creating a relationship and recruiting customers via email or us postal was one of the most enjoyable and essential of my job! With my flexible personality, and genuine caring personality helps me to enjoy and love my job the most. I believe when I can present myself with enough love and respect others around me will in turn respect themselves and me, and in turn this makes my job most enjoyable. – less
Enjoyable Job
Sales associate/ Restock clerk (Former Employee), 34th streetApril 18, 2012
Pros: discounts on nearly every item you can name.
Cons: not enough work was given.
Hard working job, but very fun and live. Partners were very neat and positive. One of the best job's I have ever worked in.
Productive and friendly atmosphere
Executive Assistant to Senior Vice President (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 28, 2012
Pros: being to buy and get free makeup
Cons: no cons
It was a pleasure to work at a cosmetics company. The co-workers were very friendly as were the executives. I hope to have the opportunity to work in a cosmetics firm again and it would be a dream if I could work again at Estee Lauder
Great company
MAKEUP ARTIST (Current Employee), Paramus, NJMarch 22, 2012
Pros: gratis
Lots of training, gratis and family oriented environment! They reward hard work!
The very best working experience of my life!
COUNTER MANAGER (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 21, 2012
Estee Lauder believed that if you treat your employees like gold, you receive gold in return. I loved working for the company that she created.
Great place to be
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 19, 2012
I loved this job . Very fun and amazing co workers. Loved all aspects.
it is nice place to work temperarry
assembler (Former Employee), 100 alden road, markhamMarch 11, 2012
the pay is not good enough. the co-coordinator is very rude and interrupt in every one's work.
good
line worker (Former Employee), 200 bentaly streetMarch 2, 2012
Pros: care to the employee is good
according to my opinion , the company is providing good to their employees but sometime they have no work thatswhy they are giving lay off to people and as soon as the company becomes busy they will call the old employee who are on the lay off.
productive work place and continueing education
Counter manager (Former Employee), Harrisburg PAJanuary 5, 2012
Pros: opportunity to grow
Cons: not enough pay
Global company
growth opportunity
High quality products and prestige
Professional team
Innovative
Strategic
Great company to work for,very supportive of their employees
Manager (Former Employee), St. Augustine, FloridaNovember 19, 2011
This company was set up on and followed its values, gave excellent training and support to their employees and I was proud to work for them
Relaxed Workplace
Make-Up Artist, John Lewis (Former Employee), Cambridge, ENGApril 6, 2014
Pros: training, new products
Cons: pay
Estee lauder is a little bit more laid back, and you just have to make sure you know the ins and outs of all the skincare. A lot of maturer customers have been long term loyal customers, and its always important giving them the right advice.

I have learnt a lot from Estee Lauder, the customer service is amazing and how to advise your client with what – more... they need. You are still target based, and need to be hitting your targets on a weekly basis.

There is not anything I can think of that was hard and pressurizing about Estee Lauder, it was much more relaxed. The enjoyable part was meeting new people everyday, teaching them about skincare and make-up.

I used to do events every month, with around 20 ladies, so incremental business ideas on how to increase the make-up side of the business. I used to enjoy that majorly! – less
It was fun to be there and a good crowd of peopletoo wrok with
Goods in, Despatch and returns (Former Employee), Fareham, ENGMarch 20, 2014
I really enjoyed working here until i broke my elbow this was through an agency i made a lot of friends here
Retail and Supply Chain
Senior Stock Controller (Current Employee), London, ENGMarch 16, 2014
During my 3 years with Estee Lauder companies I have learned balancing and leveling in different sites stock levels not just by monthly forecasting but more importantly day-to-day basis by importancy versus urgency.
Fast paced, high volume clientele
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 13, 2014
Pros: lots of people to meet
Cons: lots of pressure
Working at a beauty counter selling skincare, fragerance, and cosmetics.
Good company to work for
Beauty Adviser (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 7, 2014
need to work on day/night/weekend. I love this job except the working hours and salary, it is wonderful job for a young girl without kids. I do more customer service than selling.
Engineering experience gets to know how to apply your skills in the real world
Safety Management Engineer for production process (Former Employee), Markham OntarioFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: free lunch, parties at work
Cons: overtime
Helps us to know about the engineering field. Management of this company was really good, helpful and cooperative.
Enjoyable work, great staff
Associate (Former Employee), Metro CentreJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: hourly pay rate plus commission
Cons: poor hours - not enough hours being an associate
- A day at work consisted of keeping the counter tidy and organised, keeping stock full as possible, serving customers, working towards a daily target, colour matching customers to foundations and other products, traffic stopping people to help gain customers and get sales.
- I learned how to develop great customer skills, how to apply makeup appropriately – more... onto others. I learned all about Estee Lauder products, from their makeup range to fragrance and skin care.
- The manager was well organised, fair, and helped a lot, as did my co-workers who I also got on well with.
- The hardest part of the job was trying to create a busy buzz on a quiet day. But I still gave 100% in trying to traffic stop people and showing them the latest products by Estee Lauder.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside people who were passionate about what they do, learning new skills, and working with the public. – less
Sales and Beauty advising
Counter Manager (Current Employee), Saint John, NBJanuary 27, 2014
Prestigious, sophisticated and glamorous products
Appreciation for hard work
Understanding
tough customers sometimes
the satisfaction and joy on a customer's face

About Estee Lauder

The Estée Lauder Companies Inc. is one of the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of quality skin care, makeup, – Read more

Estee Lauder Photos