Estee Lauder

Estee Lauder Employer Reviews

Fun and productive
Event Sales Coordinator (Former Employee), Miami and Ft LauderdaleSeptember 25, 2012
Pros: lots and lots of beauty products
Cons: all your friends want free stuff and samples
A typical day at work is filled with exciting things, because its in an exciting environment, the products sell themselves. Its the beauty industry and who does not want to look beautiful. The fun part is that I got paid and very well at that, to make women feel good about themselves and their purchases. I would travel to various retail stores to set – more... up for Beauty events, which included signage, tables, product, and worked along with the team at the store to sell product. Management had a very good way of difusing any stress and pressure to perform, because everyone wore a beauty smile and made it work as a team effort, and the sales goals were exceeded. There was a good vibe amongst the coworkers, mutual respect for each other. The hardest part of the job was felt at the end of the work day when you got home, after the rush of excitement and the shoes came off from the long hours on your feet. But in the beauty business you should know what to do to bounce back just as bright and beautiful the next day. The most enjoyable part of the job was servicing a very satisfied customer, have a high sales day at the events that exceeded goals. – less
Promotional Makeup Artist
Promotion Assistant, Make-up-Artist (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 13, 2012
Pros: very sharp uniforms, this wonderful gratis given allows you to use it, to be able to sell her line.
Cons: work was not consistent with this position. however, i was in college at the time. i wanted this type of work.
I loved working in different department stores cosmetic counters throughout both the East and West Coasts of Florida.

I won competitions for selling the most product.

The work specifically was during promotions in new color etc. Bringing the new and the present cosmetics together while demonstrating the lines through make overs.

Estee Lauder has – more... an extremely wonderful line of color, treatment and fragrance.

Truly loved working for the company and always loved the positions I was given. I was given positions where I could really prove my talents. I am very grateful for this. – less
Not really a supervisor position
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Trevose, PASeptember 10, 2012
Pros: schedule is good
Cons: inaccurate job description
If you are a supervisor you're doing a lot of grunt work. Your coworkers are new grads and people that are not really experienced. Lots of interns so watch out because there is always someone who will take your job.
Example: Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee), PRAugust 24, 2012
Cons: less than 20 hrs a week
Tough job but i loved it.
Got to learned how to do be better doing sales.
A new challenge every day trying to be better every day.
To get to work with people and helping them to look better and making them to feel better about themselves.
I loved being a make-up artist!
Account Executive (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 12, 2012
Pros: flexible schedule, excellent pay and benefits
Working for Estee Lauder was a wonderful experience full of
exciting challenges and learning new things in the make-up and fashion industry. I worked with a great team in L.A. and really enjoyed my time with this fantastic company!
Fun, great learning experience, and travel opportunities
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Westlake, OHAugust 9, 2012
Pros: made amazing friends, great health care.
Cons: you are just a number and easily replaceable since so many people want to work for them.
Fun work environment.
Great Co-workers.
The Region I worked for was ran very politically.
You must make required sales goals which can be difficult.
Review
Order Handler (Former Employee), Melville, NYAugust 9, 2012
My co-workers where great. We helped each other. The most enjoyable part of the job was we laugh so much I truly miss that.
Friendly environment & flexible hours
Panelist -Product Research Specialist (Current Employee), Melville, NYAugust 7, 2012
Pros: free lunches & breakfast
Cons: not enough hours available
Choose the jobs &/or products you want to work on.
Flexible per diem hours.
Fun workplace with a lot of room for advancement.
Associate Business Manager (Former Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 3, 2012
Pros: room for advancement, hour lunches, meeting different people, lots of fun
Cons: a lot of pressure
I loved my previous job at Estee Lauder, helping others is my passion making woman feel beautiful is my passion. The experience was great, its a family Oriented company with a lot of room to advance. But I am looking for something a bit more laid back and behind the scenes.
Fun workplace with a lot of room for advancement.
Associate Business Manager (Former Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 3, 2012
Pros: room for advancement, hour lunches, meeting different people, lots of fun
Cons: a lot of pressure
Great Internship Experience
Industrial Engineer Intern (Former Employee), Oakland, NJJuly 30, 2012
Pros: 70% discount on all estee lauder product (girlfriend loved it)
Cons: hiring freeze
People were great, sad the the economic crisis hit when it hit.
Excellent place to work with huge potential for growth
Sr Education Executive (Former Employee), Phoenix, azJuly 13, 2012
Pros: free estee lauder product
Cons: long hours
I loved working here. The people and benefits were amazing! I was challenged and supported in all areas of work.
Exciting, Fun, Challenging, and Creative Work!
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 11, 2012
Pros: exciting to make people look and feel their most beautiful
Cons: i love the challenge of meeting set goals but unfortunatley it isnt always this way
I enjoy working for Estee Lauder because I am able to make people feel amazing about them selves. Whether Im making a sale or not I am able to educate people about their skin, make up, and ways to highlight their beauty.

On a regular day I come to work and begin my day by prepairing my makeup brushes, targeting my daily goals, and experimenting with – more... the many customers of all walks of life with makeup, skin care, and the various perfume collections Estee has to offer.

Everyday I learn something new with the customers and the many products we sell at Estee. The counter manager usually has a quick update when I arrive to work of what our goals are and any updates. Its a fun work place for a person who loves customer interaction and product knowledge. – less
Serious work environment with great benefits and mature employees
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJuly 8, 2012
Pros: hour lunch breaks
Cons: strict, high policy environment, no play
A normal daynatnwork started around 9am-7pm helping customers batter their skin with our facial products. I learn a lot about skin care and different personalities. My manager was strict with great morals and strong values to the business. I loved my co-workers, even though the hardest part of the job was not being able to really interact with them – more... while working. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning hownt tame a healthy lifestyle along with great skin care. – less
Extreme pressure causes negative results in cosmetics dept.
COUNTER MANAGER (Current Employee), Bala-Cynwyd, PAJuly 6, 2012
Cons: negative environment.
My day consists of an extrem amount of management pressure. I recruit women for makeovers. sell products order for the counter. Rarely do I get what I need in my orders causing me and the counter to lose sales. Our schedules are rolling and we are rarely allowed to change them. There is no balance in our lives. The GM expects us to live our jobs. this – more... does not provide a positive environment. The women in the cosmetic dept. dread coming to work and therefore production is down. At least three people have left or given notice in the past two weeks. – less
Fun place to work
Bumble & Bumble Booking Room Coordinator (Former Employee), New York NYJune 27, 2012
This was a fun job. I learned a lo of customer service and management skills. The hardest part of my job was being constanly under staffed.
Fun Place to Work
Business Manager (Former Employee), Augusta, GAJune 18, 2012
Pros: fun place
Cons: no health care or benefits
Learn new ideas, meet new people, fun and enjoyable. Plan events and work with other counters. Close family enviroment.
Truly productive and fun
Quality Coordinator (Former Employee), Bristol, PAJune 8, 2012
Pros: free gifts
This company not only offer great benefits but it offers the senior citizen community a great place to work w/ o affecting thier ss benefits.
Use to be a fun place to work
Assembler, packaging items on the assembly lines (Former Employee), Melville, NYJune 3, 2012
Pros: picnics
Cons: short breaks
Work use to be good until things were cut out. Things got more strict and the management was great the people that I met on a daily basis through the temp agency were nice. I learned a great deal within 17 years of being with the company from being in different areas of the building and doing many different jobs from shipping to production and disturbution.
An upbeat and fun compeditive enviroment.
Counter Manager (Former Employee), Macy's Arnot MallJune 2, 2012
Pros: commision and free product were nice incentives.
Cons: some travil was involved and it made it hard to get a driveing licencs.
It was hard to leave this job because the enviroment was fun and the people were even better.

About Estee Lauder

The Estée Lauder Companies Inc. is one of the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of quality skin care, makeup, – Read more

Estee Lauder Photos