Esterline Employee Reviews

Grow and potential company
Avionics Electronics Technician (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAJanuary 19, 2016
This company formerly named BARCO. It is purchased by ESTERLINE. A typical day at work for me is to test, troubleshooting, and repair customer's equipment. I enjoy to work at this company because of freindly co-workers.
Run as fast as you can away from the Brea facility
Support function (Current Employee) –  Brea, CADecember 10, 2015
Do not apply unless you just want a paycheck and be told what to do (as in hourly employees). Middle managers will never get ahead. They come and go constantly (quit or fired). The employees run the company (cry to HR over ANYTHING, whether right or wrong) and upper management will pressure you to do the impossible (work weekends all the time, fix the company culture). Their quality is in the gutter (scrap rate is super high) and they can't get any products shipped on time (on time delivery is embarrassingly low). Customers hate them! I don't know how they're still in business.
Pros
Standard benefits, job security if you put your nose down and work
Cons
Where do I start
Very good work environment
Senior Quality Engineer - Internal Audit (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAOctober 13, 2015
A nice place to work and I would recommend this company. There are advancement opportunities at the Everett site in Washington.
Pros
People are excellent
Cons
Healthcare is poor
start up/shut down, process tech.
Start Up Technician/Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CASeptember 1, 2015
consult shift supervisor for priorities, check machines for production of acceptable parts; adjust parameters to comply. I learned more about engineering grade materials there than at any other company. co-workers were helpful and quick to point out solutions to common occurring process issues as to not waste time or material. Working with molds that run with heaters in excess of 249 Celsius is something I have never encountered before and is both dangerous and exciting at the same time. This was a temporary assignment and was over in 5 (five) weeks.
Pros
free coffee and tea.
Cons
temporary work only.
good place to work
Tech Technician/ Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Milan, TNJuly 22, 2015
I would be still there if the company had not move to another state. I was there for 10yrs. It was a great place to work. My co workers were great to work with, and the work itself was pretty easy. Great benefits and great pay as well!!!!
Improvement
Network and Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Paso Robles, CAMay 28, 2015
I see several things that can be improved upon like process improvement and communication.

Some people are not to responsive and takes quite some time to get back with you.
Pros
Friendly people
Good benefits, really bad atmosphere.
Paint Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kent, WAMay 14, 2015
The benefits are awesome at the job. The sad part is the employees do over and above work for little pay. Unless you have been there 10 years or more advancement and pay raise is very little.
Benefits
Cons
little pay a lot of work
A nice & fast growing company.
Tooling & Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAJanuary 4, 2015
Nice Managemant & work environmant. Learn lots of Aerospace component design protocal.
Pros
lot of training.
Cons
provide only contract job.
Great place to grow
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Coeur D'Alene, IDNovember 28, 2014
very supportive management, plenty of opportunity to grow within the organization. Great work/life balance. Short staffed at the moment but management recognizes the roadblocks we face because of this situation. Have seen numerous people move up within the company in the short time I have been here
Pros
culture, advancement, management
Cons
short staffed
Molding Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CASeptember 12, 2014
A typical day at work was we would have to punch in go to our area and take over what the person before us was doing on a machine
Great group of employees
Manager Customer Relationships Product Validation (Current Employee) –  Norwich, NYAugust 13, 2014
Plant is closing and moving to Mexico. The atmosphere amongst the employees has been terrific.
Excellant team to work with on all levels.
Buyer/Planner/ Material Analyst (Current Employee) –  York, PAJuly 21, 2014
A typical day at work would be delvop a working time line for the molding, assembly, and machining departments. Attend plannig and development meeetings with the Engineers and Product Managers to develop and implent new cables or assemblies in a timely manor. Procure and negociate pricng on conponents needed to build new projects. Purchase standard materials for other assembly builds and set up purchasing blanket orders to acheive cost objectives.. Schedule sales orders.

I have learned to work outside the box with a great team environment.
I enjoy the fast paced environment. I love a challenge and this job has them all the time.
Pros
fun work environment with very nice people.
Cons
healthcare expensive.
Followed very specific safety rules.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Camden, ARJuly 8, 2014
I only worked there for a year and was laid-off. I was called back but was already working. This was a good job. Safety was a high priority there. These are government jobs and after termination we are not allowed to discuss our jobs.
Established aerospace component manufacturer is all about lean processes
Engineering Aide (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 9, 2014
Certainly a place where you can climb your way up the corporate ladder if you enjoy technical work and enhancing your manufacturing or management capabilities.
Pros
holiday break between christmas and new year's, generous 401k matching, generous vacation time accumulation based on years of employment, advancing education and skill set encouraged
Fun
RF Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 3, 2013
It is great company to work for.
It is so neat.
It is so clean.
Respect customer
ISO
Pros
na
Cons
na
Not a fun place to work
SR. Manufacturing Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Valencia CANovember 1, 2013
It is a public company and typically benefits and bonuses and opportunities are only for senior managers and CEO's.
Engineering Driven
RF Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 14, 2013
Challenging cutting edge engineering work. Learned from experienced engineers and co-workers in senior positions. Theoretical and hands on work.
Go elsewhere to find work
SENIOR PRODUCTION PLANNER (Former Employee) –  DALLAS TXMay 13, 2013
This not a company for a person that thinks for themselves. Management knows everything and is never wrong. Mid managers lie and get away with it, because upper management allows it. This company will fail because of the current leaders. You have to be in the click to survive. Accounting also runs the show and tells what and how production will run. You have people in accounting that have no idea what it takes to run a production company.
Pros
a paycheck for managers who do not know anything
Cons
upper and mid management
You are going to hate this place!
Technician (Former Employee) –  DallasApril 13, 2013
Low pay, unqualified co-workers, poor benefits, and management totally lost. Keep looking for another job for there is nothing here for you.

Work hours 8+ if you like OT most employees run 60+ hours a week but just sit around and talk. They are always behind and rushing to catch up, not inductive to a quality product. Product has many design faults and management won't spend the money or time to fix them and engineering is too busy to correct them.

Management still runs the company like a small garage shop and won't change. All their decisions are based on lowest cost. They hire unqualified people (low pay) and expect the knowledgeable workers to train them, in this field it can't be done.

Over 80% of your co-workers are asian and don't speak English very well and don't understand the technology at all. This all leads to a poor result in quality and operation of the product. High failure rate and customer returns are normal.

And they just had a massive layoff, ~30%, they tried to expand too fast, gambled and the employees lost. They RIF'd the qualified people and kept the unqualified, lowest cost.

Good luck......
Pros
its a job
Cons
too many to list
not fun to work there
labor (Former Employee) –  rockford,il.March 30, 2013
managers have no idea how to utilize their workers. no respect for the workers. long hours. no advancement unless your in the click. no deserved raises.
Pros
some great co-workers
Cons
awefull managment