Esterline Employee Reviews

Productive, great co workers
2nd op Solder Tech (Former Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDDecember 14, 2017
Esterline is a great Role Model for the manufacturing industry. a great example of Organization, Cleanliness, Documentation, and training leave little room for error. Processes are outstanding.
Pros
Incentives like meals, equipment auctions, great benefits
Cons
sometimes its slow
Mediocore company
Traffic Specialist (Current Employee) –  Everett, WANovember 1, 2017
Difficult work environment. Hard to advance. Inept management. Unrealistic performance expectations. Job security is always questionable. Highly questionable ethics company wide.
They went to Mexico
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NYOctober 5, 2017
This was a great place to work. The atmosphere was friendly and the bosses were helpful and understanding. They should have kept the company here forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
Friendly, free lunches catered once every couple months.
Cons
They left
challenging
QA Inspector (Current Employee) –  Brea, CASeptember 30, 2017
workload is sometimes heave but is very challenging.products are varied, but the same attention to the quality aspect.teamwork was great but had to leave because the company moved to mexico.
Pros
monthly lunch.
Decline to comment
Human Resource Generalist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 8, 2017
This is an aerospace based company that has multiple locations worldwide. Company is trying to unify practices and policies across multiple business units spread across 33 countries.
Overworked, underpaid
Full time emploee (Current Employee) –  Brea, CAApril 16, 2017
Most of the employees are great, however the mentality in just about all departments is "that's the way it's always been done, that's the way we continue to do it". Huge backlog in orders, late deliveries. Angry vendors & customers...if you kiss up to the right people, no problem...but if you stand your ground, look out---upper managers/directors meddling In departments that do not pertain the them, having people get fired or forcing resignations of good employees because director(s) "cannot work with them"---HR Is a joke! Too many people with titles and all but one Mgr does any work...employees do not feel comfortable going to HR w/concerns, nothing is kept confidential and one director in particular is great at retaliating against anyone that voices their concern/opinion.
Pros
401K matching, benefits
Cons
Too many to list
Excellent Place to work
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDMarch 16, 2017
Work was fun and the people were awesome. Time off was not hard to get if the reason was legit. Benefits were good as well as vacation time.Training was constantly offered, providing you with new skills.
Pros
Days of scheduled work, 4 tens 3 day weekend
Cons
Times of slow production
Run as fast as you can
Senior Buyer (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAMarch 4, 2017
A typical day was a team meeting listing to a family member of the vp talk about irrelevant information
I learned to keep quite and not speak in a woman dept
Politics and Nepotism have priority over everything
Pros
Medical was affordable
Cons
Too many
Lots of useless managers and not enough working engineer
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sylmar, CAMarch 1, 2017
The company has lots of supervisors, line managers, program managers and so forth. What they need is actual workers such as engineers to actually meet deliveries. Impossible to advance when the odds are stacked against you.
Money is wasted on traveling to customer sites for months at a time pulling away from your family.
Pros
Pension plan
Cons
long hours, travel required.
It was a great place to work alot of good people.
Supervisor of Operations (Former Employee) –  Norwich, NYFebruary 22, 2017
It was a great place to work until they decided to close and move to Mexico Norwich Aero had 98% on time delivery and 2% scrap overall the customers loved us. Since the move the scrap and the on time delivery has hit rock bottom to say the least and no one seems to care . The people in Norwich cared about the customers and their work that's what made us a great company they should have left us alone.
Pros
Good people
Nice Place To Work
CNC Operator (Former Employee) –  Norwich, NYJanuary 28, 2017
I worked there for about a year. I was a cnc operator that working the night shift. there was a great group of people that I worked with and the working conditions where awesome.
Pros
full cafitera all about saftey
Cons
night shift if a little rough to have a life out side of work.
good place to work
Technician EMI & EMC (Current Employee) –  Sylmar, CADecember 10, 2016
1) Typical day work and Good Place to work

2) I learned many NEW About Aerospace

4) The Job was: Very GOOD

5) Make Test Fixture and CABLE and USE VISIO.
Pros
WE Start 6: 00 AM TO WORK
Cons
NO! health insurance
Run Away!! Corporate only interested in shareholders, not customers
Customer support (Former Employee) –  Everett, WADecember 7, 2016
Used to be a great company until absorbed by Esterline! 20% turn over since lean transformation a year ago. Overworked, stressed out employees, overall tense atmosphere. Noisy factory with chemical or burning smells. Yes Man, kind of middle management, huge disconnect with upper management.
Pros
Pension plan
Cons
Low salary, poor management, bad work atmosphere, huge disconnect between corporate and factory.
Great Place to work
BUYER (Former Employee) –  Rancho Santa Margarita, CAAugust 28, 2016
Great people to work with on my team. Manager was difficult but fair.
I worked very closely with my suppliers, which is one of my favorite parts of my job.
Like negotiating for company and saving my company money.
Caring people
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Norwich, NYMay 12, 2016
Excellent company if they were not moving all jobs to Mexico. Many good people are losing jobs and Norwich, NY is losing an excellent company.
nice place to work and nice people to work with
Lead Assembler (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAApril 6, 2016
steady work learn a lot of different board types my boss is good at his job listening and letting us know what needs to be done haven,t a hard part at this job and the most enjoyable is coming to work and getting to do different things daily and i enjoy the variety of different cultures of people i work with
Pros
all good
Cons
losing my job due to selling company
The company is a good company to work for, but the management team makes it a hard company to work for because of their actions.
Production Worker/Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Camden, ARMarch 19, 2016
On a typical work day, the job is very interesting and the co-workers try to work together. The hardest part of the job is dealing with management. The most enjoyable part of the job are the working hours.
Pros
Union
Assembling
Assembler (Former Employee) –  York, PAJanuary 21, 2016
I used to work in a room with 4 or 5 more people. We were responsible to assemble diodes that where used in military missiles. We all knew how to run every step of the process, but where assigned to a specific one.
Grow and potential company
Avionics Electronics Technician (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAJanuary 19, 2016
This company formerly named BARCO. It is purchased by ESTERLINE. A typical day at work for me is to test, troubleshooting, and repair customer's equipment. I enjoy to work at this company because of freindly co-workers.
Run as fast as you can away from the Brea facility
Support function (Current Employee) –  Brea, CADecember 10, 2015
Do not apply unless you just want a paycheck and be told what to do (as in hourly employees). Middle managers will never get ahead. They come and go constantly (quit or fired). The employees run the company (cry to HR over ANYTHING, whether right or wrong) and upper management will pressure you to do the impossible (work weekends all the time, fix the company culture). Their quality is in the gutter (scrap rate is super high) and they can't get any products shipped on time (on time delivery is embarrassingly low). Customers hate them! I don't know how they're still in business.
Pros
Standard benefits, job security if you put your nose down and work
Cons
Where do I start