Esterline Employee Reviews in United States

Run as fast as you can away from the Brea facility
Support function (Current Employee) –  Brea, CADecember 10, 2015
Do not apply unless you just want a paycheck and be told what to do (as in hourly employees). Middle managers will never get ahead. They come and go constantly (quit or fired). The employees run the company (cry to HR over ANYTHING, whether right or wrong) and upper management will pressure you to do the impossible (work weekends all the time, fix the company culture). Their quality is in the gutter (scrap rate is super high) and they can't get any products shipped on time (on time delivery is embarrassingly low). Customers hate them! I don't know how they're still in business.
Pros
Standard benefits, job security if you put your nose down and work
Cons
Where do I start
The company is a good company to work for, but the management team makes it a hard company to work for because of their actions.
Production Worker/Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Camden, ARMarch 19, 2016
On a typical work day, the job is very interesting and the co-workers try to work together. The hardest part of the job is dealing with management. The most enjoyable part of the job are the working hours.
Pros
Union
Cons
nice place to work and nice people to work with
Lead Assembler (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAApril 6, 2016
steady work learn a lot of different board types my boss is good at his job listening and letting us know what needs to be done haven,t a hard part at this job and the most enjoyable is coming to work and getting to do different things daily and i enjoy the variety of different cultures of people i work with
Pros
all good
Cons
losing my job due to selling company
unless you have connections with upper management, you will not advance. look elsewhere
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Coachella, CAApril 14, 2016
worked for sub-par management. they took care of friends first and the rest of the employees second. a good number of supervisors there lacks proper english speaking skills and business etiquette, yet get paid really well. I do not understand how the company is satisfied with that type of leadership.
Pros
bi-weekly paycheck
Cons
management is awful and they care more about being liked than obeying procedures
good place to work
Tech Technician/ Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Milan, TNJuly 22, 2015
I would be still there if the company had not move to another state. I was there for 10yrs. It was a great place to work. My co workers were great to work with, and the work itself was pretty easy. Great benefits and great pay as well!!!!
Good benefits, really bad atmosphere.
Paint Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kent, WAMay 14, 2015
The benefits are awesome at the job. The sad part is the employees do over and above work for little pay. Unless you have been there 10 years or more advancement and pay raise is very little.
Benefits
Cons
little pay a lot of work
Caring people
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Norwich, NYMay 12, 2016
Excellent company if they were not moving all jobs to Mexico. Many good people are losing jobs and Norwich, NY is losing an excellent company.
Grow and potential company
Avionics Electronics Technician (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAJanuary 19, 2016
This company formerly named BARCO. It is purchased by ESTERLINE. A typical day at work for me is to test, troubleshooting, and repair customer's equipment. I enjoy to work at this company because of freindly co-workers.
Assembling
Assembler (Former Employee) –  York, PAJanuary 21, 2016
I used to work in a room with 4 or 5 more people. We were responsible to assemble diodes that where used in military missiles. We all knew how to run every step of the process, but where assigned to a specific one.
You are going to hate this place!
Technician (Former Employee) –  DallasApril 13, 2013
Low pay, unqualified co-workers, poor benefits, and management totally lost. Keep looking for another job for there is nothing here for you.

Work hours 8+ if you like OT most employees run 60+ hours a week but just sit around and talk. They are always behind and rushing to catch up, not inductive to a quality product. Product has many design faults and management won't spend the money or time to fix them and engineering is too busy to correct them.

Management still runs the company like a small garage shop and won't change. All their decisions are based on lowest cost. They hire unqualified people (low pay) and expect the knowledgeable workers to train them, in this field it can't be done.

Over 80% of your co-workers are asian and don't speak English very well and don't understand the technology at all. This all leads to a poor result in quality and operation of the product. High failure rate and customer returns are normal.

And they just had a massive layoff, ~30%, they tried to expand too fast, gambled and the employees lost. They RIF'd the qualified people and kept the unqualified, lowest cost.

Good luck......
Pros
its a job
Cons
too many to list
Established aerospace component manufacturer is all about lean processes
Engineering Aide (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 9, 2014
Certainly a place where you can climb your way up the corporate ladder if you enjoy technical work and enhancing your manufacturing or management capabilities.
Pros
holiday break between christmas and new year's, generous 401k matching, generous vacation time accumulation based on years of employment, advancing education and skill set encouraged
start up/shut down, process tech.
Start Up Technician/Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CASeptember 1, 2015
consult shift supervisor for priorities, check machines for production of acceptable parts; adjust parameters to comply. I learned more about engineering grade materials there than at any other company. co-workers were helpful and quick to point out solutions to common occurring process issues as to not waste time or material. Working with molds that run with heaters in excess of 249 Celsius is something I have never encountered before and is both dangerous and exciting at the same time. This was a temporary assignment and was over in 5 (five) weeks.
Pros
free coffee and tea.
Cons
temporary work only.
Company management needs to learn that their employees are knowledgable and acknowledging that will go a long way
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Brea, CAFebruary 4, 2013
The company provide good health benefits but when it comes to appreciating their employees for all the hours they put it is they are lacking. Management needs to lead by example. They will be able to meet customer needs better if they are able to understand the process it takes to get parts built, inspected and shipped.
Very good work environment
Senior Quality Engineer - Internal Audit (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAOctober 13, 2015
A nice place to work and I would recommend this company. There are advancement opportunities at the Everett site in Washington.
Pros
People are excellent
Cons
Healthcare is poor
Great place to grow
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Coeur D'Alene, IDNovember 28, 2014
very supportive management, plenty of opportunity to grow within the organization. Great work/life balance. Short staffed at the moment but management recognizes the roadblocks we face because of this situation. Have seen numerous people move up within the company in the short time I have been here
Pros
culture, advancement, management
Cons
short staffed
not fun to work there
labor (Former Employee) –  rockford,il.March 30, 2013
managers have no idea how to utilize their workers. no respect for the workers. long hours. no advancement unless your in the click. no deserved raises.
Pros
some great co-workers
Cons
awefull managment
Not a fun place to work
SR. Manufacturing Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Valencia CANovember 1, 2013
It is a public company and typically benefits and bonuses and opportunities are only for senior managers and CEO's.
Great SW Service place to work
Technical Project Manager (TPM) (Current Employee) –  Platteville, WISeptember 22, 2012
This is a great place to work. The hours are flexible where the core hours are between 0830 and 1600. Probably the most well organizaed organization I have worked in for the past 14 years.

The management team is very knowledgeable and understanding. The management team is very willing to work around individuals personal obligations.

The hardest part of working at this particular location is that it is a services company and on many occassions the customers want the company to do a lot more than what is on contract.
Pros
flexible work schedule, understanding management staff, very organized with well defined processes, incredibly intelligent staff
Cons
services branch that does not have a lot of experience on firm fixed contracts, located in a somewhat secluded location
Going No Place Fast
Buyer/Planner (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMarch 27, 2013
I have worked for BVR Tchnologies for many years. I really thought new management was going to be the answer to help us advance into the 21st century. Instead they treat the people like dirt, constant back stabbing and lies by upper manaagement. The original BVR employees are a GREAT group of people, but unfortunately work daily in fear of thier jobs. If the operations manager does not like you you will be targeted and our life will become unbearable.

If you are considering employement with this organization, make sure they tell you about the 3 weeks that they will be on shut down without pay unless you have the vacation time to cover it. That is week of Memorial Day, 4th of July and Labor Day!!!

Welcome Aboard!!!
Pros
you
Improvement
Network and Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Paso Robles, CAMay 28, 2015
I see several things that can be improved upon like process improvement and communication.

Some people are not to responsive and takes quite some time to get back with you.
Pros
Friendly people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Esterline. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7