Estes Express Lines

Estes Express Lines Employer Reviews

Great Company to work for.
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 3, 2014
A typical day at work is fast paced but rewarding.
I started as a P & D driver and work my way to management and
have learned the operation of an LTL terminal from the bottom up.
Management is good
Co-workers are great
Hardest part of the job is implementing new procedures on the dock
that have not always been tried before putting them in place.
I enjoy – more... everything about my job. – less
Alot of friendly people
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 24, 2014
Pros: friendly place to work
Cons: offices were not clean
Dealing with phone calls and Customer service, we entered bills into the system everynight when the drivers returned in from their drop offs. faxing and filing
APPOINTMENT/MANIFEST CLERK (Current Employee), Decatur, ALJuly 20, 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed working here. The people and environment were great. It was the first company that I have ever worked for that paid its employees for their birthday. All employees received 8 hours of extra pay every year on their birthday, part-time and full-time. All employees were paid for holidays and all were offered insurance.
Great compensation plan not so great management
Driver (Contractor) (Former Employee), Stafford, VAJuly 4, 2014
Overall a good place to work, but management is not willing to admit any fault in any situation.
Fun place
Benefits Administrator (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJune 17, 2014
Great co-workers. It a family owned business with some opportunity.
Load trucks on forklift neatly
Dock Worker (Former Employee), Smyrna, TNJune 3, 2014
Pros: dental and medical coverage.
Cons: lifting heavy freight all the time.
Clock in grab a truck and work it until empty and all freight loaded on designated trucks. Learned to operate forklift and load bars. Management was ok they helped when needed and were always there for you. Co-workers were amazing, we always worked together. The hardest part of the job was loading big metal piece that you had put on trucks by hand. – more... Best part of being an employee were the softball tournaments we had every year. – less
Great company
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee), Pine Brook, NJJune 2, 2014
Pros: good american based company
Cons: managers need to be retrained
I think with the right management team we could excel.
Estes is a good strong company that taught me how to be an adult and a great Customer Service rep.
good place to work
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Ellenwood, GAMay 21, 2014
Pros: good pay, laid back work environment
Cons: still a little bit of the "good ol' boy" system in certain areas.
long days working in a break terminal, but you get compensated well monetarily for it. Great atmosphere for co-workers, management very personable, and approachable. The company hired me with no experience, and invested time, and allowed for advancement.
a new strict management style has helped some
Central dispatch line-haul supervisor (Current Employee), Richmond, VAMay 15, 2014
Pros: our work at night was always goverened by out attitudes and knowledge and judgment
Cons: i had no beef with our inside daily routine.;.we ate our lunch between phone calls
I worked 2000 to o800 4 days a week. The terminals were the worst element in the daily chain of events to deal with. The personnel were very non-nonchalant and many uneducated as to their responsibilities. We tried to "learn" them over the phone, but that is not the same as having someone by their side to show the way.

When the terminals could finally – more... let us know what they were making, then central dispatch could function with more clarity. sometimes we chase a load that show on the screen and it disappears without notice.

The moving of many loads o ltl and especially direct loads to destination was always gratifying. – less
Productive Work day
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Waterloo, IAMay 7, 2014
Pros: good health benefits
Cons: no time for lunches or breaks
Fast pace. Most enjoyable part of the days were working with the customers on a daily basis.
Out of business
Dock worker (Former Employee), Ellenwood, GAMay 1, 2014
Out of business due to lack of work flow and bad customer service all around.
Solid company to work for.
Corporate Account Coordinator (Current Employee), Richmond, VAApril 29, 2014
The work environment is very good here. My co-workers are fun people. The hardest part about my job is accepting other people not knowing/doing their part.
Professional Environment
Corporate Customer Service Account Manager (Former Employee), La Mirada, CAApril 28, 2014
Pros: family owned
Overall good work environment, professional and customer service driven location.
No room for advancement
Terminal Clerk (Current Employee), TNApril 15, 2014
Pros: good pay. good benefits.
Cons: unfair management practices.
Good pay. Good benefits. The downside is favoritism for some employees for reasons you can't quite pinpoint. Preferred shifts and other things that should be based on seniority are not. People who do not work well with others or do all the required job duties are kept on which makes others have to do three times the work. Some (favorite) employees are – more... taught tons of new skills which will help them when promotions are available while others who ask and beg to be taught new skills are treated poorly and as if they are not intelligent enough to earn the new job skills. This could be limited to this terminal but it is extremely poor management and only hurts the company as a whole. Why hold down good people? Why not train everyone equally and fairly? – less
Trucking Company
Terminal Clerk III (Former Employee), Winchester, VAApril 15, 2014
Pros: the pay
Cons: unproductive supervisors
Fast paced work enviornment with high call volume, had to learn loss prevention (OS&D) procedures and AS400 system. Good co-workers when they were properly trained.
fast pace work enviroment
INBOUND SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 3, 2014
Route all inbound shipments to insure timely delivery, dispatch the early route driver, walk the dock and make that the freight is loaded in the right position and damage free. I also hold dock meetings to inform the worker on safety and handling of freight.
very stressfull enviorement poor managent
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator/ lead (Current Employee), rock tavern nyMarch 31, 2014
Pros: good pay and bennifets
Cons: poor communication between employer and employees, unreasonable hours, no breaks except for lunch, poor equipment, unsafe working conditions
co workers are great to work with, job security , no carrer advancements , management takes advntage of their employee's treats employee's poorly.
Overall a decent place to work.
Shop Manager - (Promotion) (Current Employee), Auburn, WAMarch 23, 2014
I enjoy working here. I have a very good crew. They have decent benefits .
I enjoyed my time there.
Driver (Former Employee), Elgin and Lincolnshire, ILMarch 19, 2014
They let you do your work, never was I miss treated and the co-workers are friendly and willing to help with routes.
Great job
Driver CDL (Former Employee), Nanuet, NYMarch 12, 2014
Good equipment
Fair treatment.
No overtime: (pay
Otherwise great place

1 2 3 4 5

About Estes Express Lines

Estes Express makes a business out of beating expectations. Founded during the Depression with a  Chevy truck, the company has – Read more

Estes Express Lines Photos