Estes Express Lines

Estes Express Lines United States Employee Reviews

Avoid this terminal
Employee (Current Employee), Newburgh New YorkApril 8, 2015
Pros: There is none
Cons: Hostile work enviroment
Very UNPROFESSIONAL operation.Very POOR Management.UNPLEASANT working environment.There is absolutely NO TEAM work in this facility.POOR training and no support from upper management.The picture that is painted during the hiring process is far from reality for what actually takes place.You are treated more so as a possession rather than a person.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Human Resources Administrator (Current Employee), Richmond, VAApril 2, 2015
This company is a relatively fun and enjoyable company to work with. Throughout the duration of my current position I've been able to meet quite a bit of people within the company and gain experience in different areas as well.
productive and fun and easy
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), La Mirada, CAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: esay job highly pay
Cons: random slow days
friendly co workers and supervisor good team work fun and easy job once you know what you are doing. increible flexible vacations days avaible all the time. fun place to work at
estes
Terminal Clerk (Current Employee), Owensboro, KYMarch 29, 2015
i work for a good company i am just looking for full time employment. i love my job and the people i work with there is a never a dull moment,we all get a long. i have learned a lot since I've been there and i am still learning new things that keep me busy threw the night.
Pretty good place to work
OS&D Clerk (Current Employee), RenoMarch 25, 2015
Benefits could be better but pretty easy going. Hours are good. Pretty easy to work for with a family. Very flexible if you needed some time off
Okay place to work for
P&D/Line-haul Driver (Former Employee), Elgin, ILMarch 22, 2015
Hard working , controlling, demanding job
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Wausau, WIMarch 12, 2015
Pros: vacation, personal days
Cons: hours of work, culture, no time for family.
Schedule driver to work minimum 14-16 hrs a day.
Do not allow for part time work at a lesser pay.
Benefits are good.
Except for health insurance.
Good company to work for
Outside Sales Manager (Current Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 8, 2015
Estes is a good stable company to work for. There is not a high turn over at this company and many of their employees have been there fro years.
Needs better management
P&D DRIVER/Full-Time (Current Employee), Ellenwood, GAFebruary 23, 2015
Great work enviornment with excellent personel. Benefits are ok but they lack a strong management team. Everyone doesnt seem to be on the same page. Missing alot of structure.
non-stop fork-lift driving
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Kutztown, PAFebruary 23, 2015
drove a propane powered fork lift my entire shift loading and un-loading tractor trailers and also did hand loading and un-loading
non-stop work on a crowded dock
Good Company to Work For
Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: given many different duties to be accountable for.
Cons: a bit stressful
The people at the Estes Express Lines were great to work with. When personal situations arose, management was great to work with those people.
under new management now
Account Manager-Customer Care/Operations (Former Employee), Normal, ILFebruary 13, 2015
Cons: hr issues
During my time at Estes, there was a significant number of HR issues and employee retention problems. Most employees are friendly, but no one was willing to be helpful.

Since I have left, all but a few employees have been dismissed, quit, or transferred to other locations. The problems I had at this location are no longer an issue.
Terminal Mangaer was great to work for.
P&D Supervisor (Former Employee), Winchester, VAFebruary 6, 2015
The LTL environment is a very fast paced one. The terminal manager was one of the best I have ever worked for. I learned a lot while employed there.
Great Job, limited growth, some unfair practices
Solution Sales Coordinator (Former Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 2, 2015
I enjoyed this position and my colleagues, however, I was let go for abscences surrounding the death of my mother. I was given 2 days bereavement and received corrective action for all other absences to plan her funeral and handle other final affairs. I received unemployment because of my records. I would've rather been allowed a leave of absence, however, that option was denied.
It was okay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 1, 2015
I liked it. there are good benefits and nice people. there is room for advancement. I would recommend this job. this is a great.
Company relied on being one of only a few in Richmond to have AS400. Poorly managed IT and poor employee moral.
Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: none come to mind
Cons: where do you want to start
I was at this company for 7 years and have nothing good to say about it. It uses it's employees and is NOT a good place for employment.
Good team envirorment
Dock Worker (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJanuary 22, 2015
A good day at work is having a high morale. The most challening part is, when you gotta get a lot of work done in a short amount of time.
nice place
Operations Technology Support Clerk (Current Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 15, 2015
I really enjoy my job here, and they are a very family oriented company.
Overall pleasant work enviornment
Dock Worker/Forklift Driver (Former Employee), York, PAJanuary 3, 2015
It was a fast paced and sometimes challenging place to work. Management was for the most part easy to deal with. I liked the fact that I could work hard and get as much done as possible and be acknowledged for it.
Over work and underpaid
Customer Service (Former Employee), Richmond, VaDecember 6, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: weekends off
As a former employee I would have to agree with other reviews. Company is a great place to work as long as things are going the way the Management is seeing. Management does not take up for the people working under them unless you are their pet or friends. Management turns their heads and only sees what they want to see.

Thank nothing of getting rid of you when they have used you up.

The department I worked in would only give you overtime if they needing their numbers to look good. Yet other people working on regular shift did not pull their weight. Felt our Department was overworked and underpaid

1 2 3 4 5

About Estes Express Lines

More than 80 years of stability and innovation—Founded in the middle of the Great Depression, Estes Express Lines is now – Read more

Estes Express Lines Salaries