Estes Express Lines Employee Reviews

Having good co workers
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXAugust 21, 2017
Its an ok company my concerns with them is that they're not concerned about our well being at times. No positive reinforcement to let u know you're doing a good job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 14, 2017
Estes was in my field coming from a transportation company for over 18 years. It was lacked employee team work but a decent place to work. I just needed to do something different and wanted to go where I could feel comfortable.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Employee team work
Horrible place to work at.
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PAAugust 13, 2017
All the management wanted to do was fire you so you could be replaced with a cheaper alternative. Never cared about who you actually are as a person. Everyone has a negative attitude and never cared about anyone else's property. Seen countless employees steal freight and seen countless people come and go over the 2 years i've worked there. Every day was a hassle to have my voice heard and not to mention I was wrongfully terminated for something I didn't even do.
Pros
High Rate of PAy
Cons
pretty much everything except for the paycheck
The office i worked at had too many chiefs and not enough indians.
Terminal Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAAugust 9, 2017
Hours for me were a constant change, which at the time I was unable to do because of childcare for my son. Management was never happy, always called into office for something negative. Corporate office picked favorites.
Pros
Leave for linch
Cons
good place to work fast paced
Pick-up & Delivery Supervisor (Current Employee) –  South Plainfield, NJAugust 8, 2017
very hectic and stressful very little down time and a lot of phone calls from customers, also no time to take a lunch break i eat at my station we have drivers calling , and also a lot of things going on at 1 time you stay very busy all day , i start at nine and it goes all day till about six pm.
Part time clerk
Operations Clerk - Part time (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTAugust 8, 2017
I worked there part time at night and if I didn't have to move I would have stayed. Pretty busy which I love, easy job once you get the hang out it. Would work there again.
not a fun place
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 8, 2017
this place is an okay place to work for. management has its favorites with in the company. pays great money. my current supervisor needs to be replaced, awful communicator and treats you with very unkind vocabulary.
Pros
good money
Cons
awful supervisors
Friendly staff
Payment Services Rep (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 4, 2017
The staff here was friendly and knowledgeable and made coming to work a fun thing to do. However building conditions were old , outdated and created tons of health issues making working everyday impossible.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Old and outdated building conditions
Great job
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 4, 2017
The job is great. I feel the pay is off and should be giving more. The people are great. You deal with a lot of being on the phone and high call volume. Your customers service skills is a big aspect of the the job
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Pine Brook, NJAugust 3, 2017
Better benefits than most trucking companies, no pension plan but they have a 401K and credit union.
Have good policies and procedures in place, pay is ok.
Pros
Closed on weekends.
Cons
If a supervisor you are expected to work that shift when an employee calls out.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 2, 2017
S weather grandfather in company it was very busy very crowded there is very cold very hot you made a lot of truck drivers from all over the world very dirty management was a little poor because they had no respect for the employees they always they always hire people for a little mistakes of loading the truck on incorrectly
Pros
Cookout
Cons
No time off
horrible work environment
Dock Worker, OSHA Certified Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Fenton, MOJuly 28, 2017
management tells you one thing then does another. overtime is only paid for over 55 hours per week due to a loop hole. no climate control your working 11-13 hours per day in freezing cold or scorching heat.
Pros
good hourly rate
Cons
hours lack of overtime pay, constantly being forced to work on your days off.
poor hire decesions
Temp to Perm (Former Employee) –  La Mirada, CA #291July 27, 2017
worked as a temp driver at la mirada # 291 for 6 months loved it ! but they did not love me ! only my hard work ! seems all they cared about was my smoking habit ! not the fact that i could just as long & hard as their best local route driver go figure ? you think these people could have offered me A f/t job ? whats wrong with these people.
Pros
great place to work !
Cons
poor management & culture !
You are a machine. If you can't keep up, you are replaced. Great pay, but don't make a single mistake.
Pick up and delivery driver (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 26, 2017
You are a machine. Don't make mistakes. You are a number and you can't have a bad day. Great money, but don't expect slack. Great people to work with on the dock, the office and other drivers, but management are all about numbers and the dispatchers don't understand why you can't Google the distance and get there as fast as you can in a car.
Pros
Great pay, great drivers
Cons
Terrible insurance. High deductible, no help for disabilities.
Excellent place to work
PARTS COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 25, 2017
Management cares about its people. The only regret I have about working at Estes was leaving, should have stayed. Excellent place to work, like a family
Pros
Over all work enviroment
Cons
Long walk to shop
Diamond in the rough
Dock Lead (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJuly 22, 2017
The building that we work in needs a very serious facelift. Its old and dirty but its a family environment. It has a bit of a high turnover rate. but promotions and raises are frequent.
Pros
Work is easy
Cons
outdated equipment
It is OK
Dock Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fenton, MOJuly 20, 2017
It is Ok to be here but the days get long the 10 hours a shift can be a real drag. Management is doing an ok job but the nature of the business caused.
Pros
it is ok
Cons
it is pl
A different view
Clerk Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOJuly 18, 2017
Typical day starts at 7am,helping dispatch to get the drivers paperwork ready to be able to identify what freight goes on what trailer for each region of Missouri Estes services.

I learned the other side of the freight world.
Pros
Learning a different side of the freight world.
Cons
Part-time employment.
Not bad
Outbound Load Coordinator (Former Employee) –  McCook, ILJuly 17, 2017
I didn't mind working here, but I was only hired for seasonal work, I tried getting hired on full time but I was to low on the seniority level. The work was easy and the pay was decent.
Pros
good pay
Cons
very cold open dock
poor management
Customer Service Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAJuly 17, 2017
horrible management and leadership. They need to work on having better management and no favoritism. They act like they care about their employees but they definitely don't put them as a priority and working conditions are not okay as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Estes Express Lines. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8