Estes Forwarding Worldwide Employee Reviews

horrible company
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 11, 2017
if you are not with the in crowd.. forget about any fair treatment.
low pay. nepotism and favoritism.

brown nosing is encouraged. no room for advancement.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 3, 2017
I enjoy almost every day here. Never the same and you have to care about the customer. It is hard for people to understand how difficult it is for a company to get that large product from one side of the country to the other in a short amount of time. We aren't shipping shoe boxes and people tend to forget a sofa is not the same as a purse. Hardest part is the complexity of shipping, always interesting however not easy.
Pros
People are great, managers care - always watching out for our stress
Cons
Customers don't understand, always explaining 8 piece outdoor furniture set won't fit in their mailbox
Not bad No warning before let go
Account Manager II (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 26, 2017
I would be cautious about working here. Let go with no notice or warning. The head of Human resources is a lawyer so everything you say will be used against you
Pros
lots of free perks
Cons
management not sure
Fast pace, pleasant and enjoyable
Operations Specialist/Domestic Tracking (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 23, 2017
Great environment, nice employees and a fast moving workday. This is a good opportunity for those with good communication skills. The company offers great benefits and perks, to go along with a very competitive base pay.
Very weird
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIMarch 9, 2017
Interviewed for a job here twice. After acing interview was called the next day about going to lunch... Didn't know what going to lunch would do, but i was told it would give them a chance to get to know me. After taking the next day for lunch and being ask personal questions about "am i married, kids? Where did you grow up?" This was for a customer service job. In a nut shell. Something's not right with these guys. Don't waste your time.
Pros
Got a free lunch in exchange for personal business.
Cons
Gut feeling something shady.
Do NOT work for the truckload department
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJJanuary 4, 2017
Save yourself a huge headache and do NOT work at the Jacksonville, FL or Swedesboro, NJ locations for truckload.
You WILL be overworked, you WILL be underpaid, and you will be expected to work on weekends, evenings, while you're on vacation etc. Expect to be taken advantage of and expect to make up for the lack of effort of others constantly.

The rest of the company is fine for the most part, but STAY AWAY from Truckload.
Great place!
Operation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VANovember 23, 2016
I worked with a small group, which was very different from what I was used to. It was a little to quiet for me. I loved my boss and coworkers. The job itself was not challenging enough for me.
Great place to work!
Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 11, 2016
I absoluetly love working for this company. They are very fun and family oriented business. As long as you put in effort, hard-work adn dedication, you will see advancements and pay raises.
A waste of years
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mt. Laurel, NJJuly 6, 2016
A clueless company lead by incompetent, and malicious management. If you choose to work here keep in mind that you will be an on call employee. This consistently boiled down to me working 7 days a week, and being woke up in the middle of the night by truck drivers. On top of this management can be extremely hostile and employees can do very little because of a broken HR system.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No work life balance, lacking salaries, no room for advancement, vulgar environment, expetation of a 7 day work week, nepotism
Decent Company
Customer Information Solutions Analyst (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 19, 2015
Co-workers are great to work with and the environment can be fun. Typical day. Learned a lot and management is good. Hardest part is the hours and best part is the people
Company unstable
Operations Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Middletown, PAOctober 9, 2014
I am in search of a company with a true team environment where everyone pulls their own weight. I am a very hard-working, adaptable employee who is on-time every day.
Pros
salary, paid time off
Cons
unstable corporate management structure
Dead end job with poor management
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grapevine TexasOctober 3, 2014
The management structure is less than ideal. There is no clear direction and the pay is low.
Great Place to work
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 12, 2014
Great place to work, family oriented. Flexible with hours and work/life balance.
You could do worse but you could also do better
Service Center Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 26, 2013
The company was what it was. It wasn't great it wasn't horrible. This is a smaller company that is growing but there is only so much growth potential for a freight forwarding company. They try to convince the employees the company is going to be the next FedEx or UPS but it is a bunch of bologna. Company has too many eggs invested in one basket. They live in the moment and don't provide adequate training to employees. The little training there was was often retro active as opposed to proactive. In the interview they talked me up and talked about how much potential there was to move up and experience success and growth. But promotions were given to select few individuals. Management shows favoritism and it wasn't uncommon for a manager to bring in someone off the streets because they liked them personally. Company started off hiring college graduates but started lowering their standards and eventually started hiring temps to fill in and lowering their education standards. Some of the people were just downright rude and crude. A lot of backstabbing and office politics. Got to lick the crud off of management's shoes to get recognized or promoted. I could have saved myself from writing this entire review with two words. Office politics. You can get ahead if you do the right thing, say the right thing, know the right person, and are in the right place at the right time.
Pros
somewhat family oriented, great benefits, always found an excuse to eat and have a party
Cons
at times I felt like I was in an asylum
Work more, earn less.
Operations (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 7, 2013
Sacrificed a lot of my life to this company but was never properly rewarded. Hiring process consists of bringing in temps and making them full-time. Tight knit group of managers that show strong favoritism towards certain employees. Managers hire family and friends and there is immediate level of comfort and no sense of urgency for them. They never fire anyone they simply shuffle below average talent around to different positions. Forget about raises!

They do have some good top-level people working there and management is some of the brightest in the industry as far as transportation goes.
Pros
family environment, free lunches sometimes
Cons
long hours, poor compensation, favoritism
Young energetic company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VirginiaSeptember 20, 2012
This company is a good, young company and is growing everyday. They have a diverse age group of employees and experience. The upper management team, for the most part, are very easy to work for. The President of EFW is very approachable and friendly. Advancement opportunities are only offered to a chosen few. Salary increases are few and far between. Depending on what department an associate is working in, there are double standards as it relates to following company rules, such as sick time, breaks, family leave, etc. There are worse places to work.
Pros
free lunches on occasion
Cons
double standards for employees
Starting up
Truckload Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJuly 19, 2012
This company is great for young super hungry professionals. It forces you to learn a lot quickly. They have excellent benefits, but expect a lot of time out of the employees.