Esurance Employee Reviews

Enjoy the flexibility and co-workers
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Rocklin, CAJune 23, 2017
There is no typical day, as everyday varies. One must be agile. The workplace culture is diverse. The most enjoyable part of my job is there is always the opportunity to learn.
Pros
Schedule/Co-Workers
Benefits
Love this place
Client Services Agent II/ (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTJune 22, 2017
Ive have been here for 3 year in different roles. The leadership is great and I love it. Its been a wonderful learning opportunity. You handle so many different things.
Pros
Pay, Time off, leadership, growth
Cons
There is a lot to know
Good company
Mean Stack Developer/UI Developer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 22, 2017
Good work
I learn lot of things,
Good management
good culture
its hardest
enjoyed

The projects pertain to Esurance Billing and Payments System which requires interacting with different entities like payment gateways, legacy systems for allowing customers to buy insurance online.
A lot of work and experience
Anon (Former Employee) –  Anona, FLJune 9, 2017
Always work to do, and always things to learn. Difficult relationships with management. Essentially fed to the wolves, but with a little enthusiasm and tough spine it is possible to turn this into more of a positive.
Pros
Coworkers are awesome
Cons
Compensation is short, benefits aren't great, management is practically non-existent and senior management is an oxymoron.
Great people!
Sales Quality Assurance Anaylst (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAJune 7, 2017
Excellent group of people. Was able to work at home. Reviewed Sales calls to ensure Agents were meeting company guidelines and state guidelines. Giving feedback to Managers to assist Sales Agents with their Sales Skills. Track trends, report to Managers.
Fun place to work
Inside Sales Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 30, 2017
Advancement is difficult as favoritism is huge problem. The employees and work culture is exceptional. On the down side compensation plans and over all operations are constantly changing which can be expected from a growing company. The recruiting department falls short by a long shot but over all a good company to work for.
Car Insurance
Express Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 30, 2017
As an Express Claims Adjuster, you will answer incoming claims calls and start the claims process for the customer. It requires attention to detail and empathy towards those who were just involved in an accident. The pay is in line (if not slightly better) than other Auto insurance companies and does not require overtime unless it's the busy season.
Pros
Stability
Cons
benefits were lackluster
Call after call, but good coworkers.
Licensed Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDMay 27, 2017
You would login, and start taking calls. Most were about billing issues that were easily resolved but a lot of the time you would be angry customers, especially as a licensed agent. The coworkers were fun though. The hardest part of the job was sitting through people obviously lying to you when you know they are lying.
Great Exp
Multi Line Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTMay 21, 2017
Esurance is a good company to work for to learn about the Insurance world. My goal is to run my own office someday and getting my License was the first step toward it.
I assist customers that are returning to Esurance for Auto, Home or Motorcycle needs, have coverage questions, billing questions, or guidance for general policy information.
Pros
Work at home options
Cons
Healthcare options not grate
Not the best place
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 19, 2017
Unfortunately, there is too much politics! Not much organization or guidance. Managers constantly pull the rank and not taking into account what "workers" are saying. Life/Balance is not really there anymore. You can take the time off, but you have to do everything!
Great people. Management not really
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDMay 17, 2017
Great people to work with. Management doesn't really care about the employees. Supervisors yes. Management no. I worked there for 10 years and people were getting paid more than me that had just started doing the same job as me. They didn't increase pay to the old employees when they decided to up the pay grade for new ones.
Would not work here again
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 15, 2017
This company is very political with their hiring process. They constantly overlook more qualified individuals in order to hire those who are closer to those in charge of hiring.
Good pay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTMay 12, 2017
The pay is decent, and so are the benefits. The training is so long and a little unorganized, but you have a decent amount of support once you hit the floor.
Benefits
Cons
Management is catty
Nocc +
NOCC Operator (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 11, 2017
This company is great at providing new ways for associates to grow and learn. I am proud to work for the company and I recommend then as a beginning path in IT Networking
To much work not enough people
IT Site Support Engineer 1 (Current Employee) –  Rocklin, CAMay 11, 2017
This company in all departments wants to pile on the work and not give enough man power to complete the job leading to a very stressful work environment.
Excellent
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Estherville, IAMay 11, 2017
My position is sales and understanding customers needs. My job is negotiating and uncovering needs/wants. I am able to listen to my customers and uncover what I need to make qualified decisions.
Pros
Excellent commissions. Flexibility to work from home.
Cons
Very micromanaged
A Great Company to work for!
WFM Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 27, 2017
Great company with great people in management. One of the better places I worked for I love the people I work with. The seem to truly care about your happiness which very important to me!
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Lack of advancement opprotunities
Good people, changing culture.
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDApril 27, 2017
Since Allstate bought Esurance, more of a focus on profitability and growth. More work than workers and increased expectations due to compensation adjustments.
Great
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTApril 26, 2017
Very cool place to work with a good workplace culture. If you can stand to take phone call after phone call then this is the job for you.

management is great and you learn a lot!
co workers great to work with
Senior Special Investigator (Current Employee) –  New JerseyApril 25, 2017
great group of workers. no management support for family issues. team members where very easy to get along with and work with. management not supportive of out side issues