Esurance

Esurance Employer Reviews

No mentoring or development
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Ogden ItahJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: no work\life balance or development
Benefits are great. Culture is OK. Upper Management does nothing to promote growth from within and there is no development to better position people for success.
Place that offer diversity
Processing Supervisor (Current Employee), Sioux Falls, SDJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: free coffee
Cons: job advancement
Company was a fun workplace. They do very well with diversity. My co-workers (peers) are very supportive. The hardest part of the job came with a recent change in management. It has me confused on what needs to be done. I learned a lot in the 15 years I was there, not only about the insurance industry, but Microsoft products, and how to manage a team successfully. My most enjoyable times were working with the team to come up with suggestions to make their jobs easier and more enjoyable.
Nice office - Very early in Start up Stages
Rather Not (Current Employee), Mauldin, SCJanuary 19, 2015
Rather unorganized, poor communication with other locations. In early start up stages, will probably be great place in 2+ years from now.
Esurance
Auto Claims Adjuster (Current Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 16, 2014
Pros: great work atmosphere
Cons: far from home
I handle all simple liability express claims. I begin by getting recorded statements from insureds and claimants, I then setup estimates and rentals as needed. I pay out on insureds and claimants vehicles and ensure claims gets closed once they have been paid out.
QA Analyst Intern (Former Employee), San Francisco, CADecember 16, 2014
Pros: someone time free lunch
Cons: quite a walk from the bart
Most of the people here are friendly and supportive. The culture here is work hard and have fun. The company also celebrate every employee birthday by buying cake for that employee.
Great management with good people
Inbound Call Center Representative (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 27, 2014
This Company is a good place to work for. They provide benefits in different aspects. some financial, some communicative. They also highly encourage and motivate advancement in the workplace. overall It was a nice ride to get on. highly recommended for both a stepping stone job and a future career.
great $$... no management
Insurance Operations Analyst (Former Employee), Rocklin, CAOctober 21, 2014
Pros: great $$
Cons: no training
Esurance is still young. Therefore, the monitoring of management and trainers is not effective. If you don't go to lunch with the coworkers your days are numbered.
Cool company
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 8, 2014
Pros: rewards for good reviews, a quiet room, flex time
Workload was tough but fast-paced and you don't get bored!

Great staff and management team.

If I didn't move out of state, I'd probably still be there.
watch your back
Sr. SIU Investigator (Current Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 6, 2014
Your manager will throw you under the bus to save his job! You could be an awesome employee one month and the next moth feel like they are after you. pay is good.
Super Competitive and Fun pay
Sales Agent/Mentor (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 24, 2014
This job provides fantastic opportunities to be paid what you earn. I can't think of a single complaint if you are okay being on the phone all day for your job.
Few issues but overall great company
Esurance - Sales Agent (Former Employee), Mesa, AZAugust 6, 2014
They knew how to take care of their employees. They brought in lunch very often for nothing. The management works with you to get other co-workers take on how they sale over the phone. The compensation is fantastic.
However, they kept saying during orientation they work with the workers for time off (no matter the reason) but when you have a problem they really don't work with you.
Esurance is the first online-only insurance company and is also the fastest growing new insurance company to be created within the last 50 years
ASP.NET Developer (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 23, 2014
Created ASP.NET pages with web server controls for the presentation layer.
Implemented validation using validation controls, JQuery and JavaScript client side validations.
Developed web applications using ASP.NET and AJAX Extensions under MVC architecture.
Created WinForms and Web Forms for developing the applications using wincontrols, webserver controls and HTML controls.
Using Entity Framework, connected to relational data by writing LINQ to SQL queries.
Data Formatting was done using HTML, CSS and client side scripting using JQuery.
Involved in the development of business logic in C#. NET.
Created web custom controls and web user controls where necessary.
Database transactions were achieved through Datasets, Data Reader and SQLDataAdapter.
Created and consumed WCF Services using C#, ADO.NET and SQL Server
Configured Global.asax and web.config for setting the Application and Session variables.
Resolved issues in other applications that are used VB.NET.
Used windows power shell console.
Involved in developing new databases, testing and analyzing database applications considering users suggestions and requirements
Involved in writing SQL commands, SQL procedures to interact with the SQL Server database.
Involved in the integration of Advice Access with other Applications under the Retirement Group.
Responsible for resolving the problem logs and bugs in the application.
Involved in writing test cases for the whole application for unit testing.
Worked on Sql queries like stored procedures, Functions, Triggers to get the data from SqlServer and Oracle.
For Performance Tuning, I worked for Query Optimization.
Consolidated data from different sources using SqlServer Integration Services and generated reports using SqlServer Reporting Services.
Working with Team Foundation Server as the source for version control and project / issue management.
Stressful
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Sioux Falls, SDJuly 22, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: negative management
I love my coworkers at Esurance, and the customers are great! Management was okay, my supervisor always used scare tactics to make us better, and would never tell us how good we are doing he would always focus on the things we would need to improve which would then lower our self esteem because, it was positive reinforcement it was negative reinforcement.
High volume sale center
Sales Agent (Former Employee), TampaJuly 17, 2014
Attend meetings, seminars and programs to learn about new products and services, learn new skills, and receive technical assistance in developing new accounts. Calculate premiums and establish payment method. Customize insurance programs to suit individual customers, often covering a variety of risks. Ensure that policy requirements are fulfilled, including any necessary medical examinations and the completion of appropriate forms. Explain features, advantages and disadvantages of various policies to promote sale of insurance plans.
Overall its a good place to work
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Rocklin, CAJuly 9, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, pretty decent pay, fun people
Cons: difficult work environment
Many different departments and personality types all in the same building. Found it difficult to be productive with many distractions. The department I worked in was well managed and very organized. Management does seem to care about their employees as well, which is nice.
Very micro-managed, untrained management staff ..
Multi Lines - Licensed Personal Lines Agent (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 1, 2014
Pros: a young person in school can make a decent pay.
Cons: very unprofessional environment.
Esurance is a great place for a young person right of school or working through school. This is not a company you would be able to make a "career" out of. The benefits are expensive and cover very little. People are advanced too quickly without the proper managerial skills/training. The environment is very unprofessional and there seems to be a high tolerance for disrespect in the work place. Speaking disrespectfully to customers is acceptable as long they are getting the sale. This is not discouraged by management, but overlooked in an attempt to reach necessary numbers.
I worked from home this was an awesome position
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Sioux Falls, SDJune 15, 2014
Pros: i worked from home
Cons: you need a really fast isp to support the system.
I loved my job it was a great company to work for, the wages were great and the tuition reimburstment was good also.
Growing fast paced company.
Senior PIP Adjuster (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJune 11, 2014
A typical day at work is non-stop. Regularly offering customer service to our insureds and claimants. The hardest part of the job is finding work-balance but the most enjoyable part is working with a great group of people.
Dont' do it!!!
Liability Claims Representative (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAMay 17, 2014
Pros: i don't have to work there anymore.
Cons: i have to put them on my resume.
This is the worse place I ever set foot in. They have clicks like high school. If you aren't part of this culture they will get rid of you. It starts at the top. The managers hang out and drink with the workers. Again if you don't take part in this your time is short lived. Even the HR rep is involved in this. And whatever you do don't disagree with them. You will just paint a target on your back. They will pay claims that shouldn't be paid then turn around and blame the workers for it.
Great Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Sioux Falls, SDMay 15, 2014
Esurance is a great company to work for! All management is very easy to deal with. I would still be with the company if I had not had some extreme personal issues to take care of.

1 2 3

About Esurance

Born online, raised by technology, and majoring in efficiency, Esurance offers consumers an easier, more modern way to manage – Read more