Esurance Employee Reviews

productive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDNovember 23, 2016
Dealing with customers that call in to pay auto insurances or to get a new auto insurance policy.
Learned how to handle hard and sensitive customer.
Management were very helpful in every way to get the job done.
Co-worker were very friendly and useful.
The hardest of the job is dealing with hard customer every single day.
Learned the different auto insurance coverage in every state.
Okay place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTNovember 11, 2016
The pay was good but the overall environment is judgmental. There were a handful of times when I considered quitting because of this.
Awesome Training Department
Property & Casualty Agent (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 11, 2016
Esurance's Training Department is awesome. I was more than ready to take the State Exam for my Property & Casualty License when we were done with the learning material.
Great benefits and job culture, but not a good job.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTNovember 2, 2016
This company is one of the greatest I have ever worked for in my life. The company truly cares about their employees and they spend a great deal of time and money in order to satisfy employees. However, for me personally the job of listening to people on the phone and consistently being degraded inhumanely by customers, is something that was very hard for me when I worked there.
Pros
great pay, benefits, and a great company
Cons
the actual job
Run dont walk
office manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 30, 2016
Mid mangers who don't care about their team. Old office and cheap furniture. Upper management keeps bad mangers in place and they dont care about the huge burn and churn.
Stressfull misstreated work enviorment
Licensed Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTOctober 14, 2016
*Most days full of stress and anxiety. Being yelled at all day by customers and by management.
*Call center hard to work in but easy to do. Stand up for myself when mistreated.
*Management never stood up for you. hard to speak with management.
*Co-workers were amazing made it bearable to do the job.
*Dealing with the stress of customers yelling at you all day long and no support from your management.
*The only good thing about the job is the pay.
Esurance
Auto and Home Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXOctober 9, 2016
My typical workday includes taking inbound calls from policy holders, claimants, repair facilities, attorneys, medical providers and a host of other individuals either filing claims or requesting the status of a claim. The job is demanding because the average person doesn't know what to do after a loss which can be frustrating for them, yet rewarding at the same time because I get to help so many people. The hardest part of my job is when one of our policy holders family members passes away because of an accident. The best part of my job is when the policy holder tells me that the claims process was a great experience and quick. My co workers and management are great because we really do work in a team environment where we are constantly helping each other.
Nice place
Casualty Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GASeptember 20, 2016
The office has gone through many changes and updates, the office was recently painted and renovated.

Nice office with a great break room for lunch and meals
Standard Experience
Agent (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 15, 2016
Minimal work life balance and the company has trouble finding a commission structure that works. Managers are good, top management has minimal presence.
Productive and enjoyable work atmosphere
Service Assurance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDAugust 2, 2016
Esurance is a vast changing corporation that helps all employees become more accustom to learning how to adapt to all the vast changes that you will encounter on day to day bases. With the vast changes its always important to learn that switch tasking is task that you have to grow accustom to and learn how to navigate efficiently. You will meet one of a kind representative’s that work within the corporation, to which you will grow strong bonds with.
Call Center Environment, Very Little Work Life Balance
Rapid Response Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 13, 2016
The company has decent pay. They have mandatory overtime which can be stressful if you have important events planned months in advance. They usually will not honor time off even if it is given in a timely manner.
Pros
Great experience to learn about Insurance Claims
Cons
See Review
interesting
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 29, 2016
would not do that again.non professional workers! weird group of people.aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Rocklin CaJune 27, 2016
I like the fast pace environment and the change.. if you like fast pace and change you fit in great.
Trying to keep up
Marketing & Data Analytics (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 24, 2016
Esurance has great insurance offerings, but needs to work towards the current state of the work force in San Francisco, as well as nationally.

Really needs to work towards building Company Culture to remain competitive.

Thanks,
Impossible workload
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 19, 2016
The claims rep handles everything from total losses to injuries in multiple states. It's very difficult to work seven new losses per day in a 40 hour work week. A typical work week is 50-60 hours. There's little opportunity for growth and managers hide in their offices all day critiquing your every move instead of offering to help. Overall, it's a toxic environment.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Long hours, working on weekends and holidays. Little pay.
Positive work environment with focus on diversity and inclusion
Multi-Line Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDMay 16, 2016
Much of my time was spent answering questions for customers who had had a negative experience, and it was very rewarding when I was able to change that experience for them.
company was very controlling
Inbound Sales Agent - Licensed (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 4, 2016
Esurance was a company that was going through a lot of change and those changes were not something I was looking for in a job. management was not the best but c workers were very good people.
Pros
commision structure
Cons
changes internally with company
Good if you don't want to go to school
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTApril 25, 2016
The pay was great and the benefits were pretty good also but they don't give you much a choice for shifts. And they don't really work with you on trying to make your schedule work for you.
Esurance's review
Casualty and Property Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDApril 24, 2016
Esurance is the best company that I have ever worked for. Great environment to work in. Both the peers and management are very caring. There is always that Family feeling in office. The coworkers are the kind of people that you'd want to have a beer with outside of work. They are the kind of people that you would call if you had a flat tire. are friends. There a lot of room for an employee to grow in the company too.
Pros
great environment to work in.
Cons
Once you are locked into your schedule, it's really hard to change it. It is really hard to get Saturday's or Sunday's off.
It could be worse
Unit Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 22, 2016
As I said it could be worse but that is hardly a ringing endorsement. The technology is atrocious. We should be embarrassed about it. I for one am. Constant breakdowns/failures. It is frustrating to be in claims with heavy volume and high expectations and the tools to do your job are from the stone age. The culture has changed immensely in the 6 years I have been here. It used to be more friendly and laid back. We definitely needed to be more efficient and be better at producing a profit, however we have sacrificed a lot to move in that direction.

Senior management doesn't appear to have a grasp on where they want to see us go. If they do they have done a poor job communicating that. The benefits are terrible. Fortunately I have good insurance elsewhere. The 401k match has improved. I would say the salary is middle of the road.

We have lost quite a few people over the last year because of uncomfortable process changes. Some good people left and some people no one will miss. However I think it says a lot when you lose 50% of your unit managers in a department in less than a year.

Take better care of your good employees. Fix all of the broken processes and communicate better from the top down.
Pros
They pay me
Cons
Technology