Esurance Employee Reviews in United States

Trying to keep up
Marketing & Data Analytics (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 24, 2016
Esurance has great insurance offerings, but needs to work towards the current state of the work force in San Francisco, as well as nationally.

Really needs to work towards building Company Culture to remain competitive.

Thanks,
Impossible workload
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 19, 2016
The claims rep handles everything from total losses to injuries in multiple states. It's very difficult to work seven new losses per day in a 40 hour work week. A typical work week is 50-60 hours. There's little opportunity for growth and managers hide in their offices all day critiquing your every move instead of offering to help. Overall, it's a toxic environment.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Long hours, working on weekends and holidays. Little pay.
Positive work environment with focus on diversity and inclusion
Multi-Line Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDMay 16, 2016
Much of my time was spent answering questions for customers who had had a negative experience, and it was very rewarding when I was able to change that experience for them.
company was very controlling
Inbound Sales Agent - Licensed (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 4, 2016
Esurance was a company that was going through a lot of change and those changes were not something I was looking for in a job. management was not the best but c workers were very good people.
Pros
commision structure
Cons
changes internally with company
Good if you don't want to go to school
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTApril 25, 2016
The pay was great and the benefits were pretty good also but they don't give you much a choice for shifts. And they don't really work with you on trying to make your schedule work for you.
Esurance's review
Casualty and Property Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDApril 24, 2016
Esurance is the best company that I have ever worked for. Great environment to work in. Both the peers and management are very caring. There is always that Family feeling in office. The coworkers are the kind of people that you'd want to have a beer with outside of work. They are the kind of people that you would call if you had a flat tire. are friends. There a lot of room for an employee to grow in the company too.
Pros
great environment to work in.
Cons
Once you are locked into your schedule, it's really hard to change it. It is really hard to get Saturday's or Sunday's off.
It could be worse
Unit Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 22, 2016
As I said it could be worse but that is hardly a ringing endorsement. The technology is atrocious. We should be embarrassed about it. I for one am. Constant breakdowns/failures. It is frustrating to be in claims with heavy volume and high expectations and the tools to do your job are from the stone age. The culture has changed immensely in the 6 years I have been here. It used to be more friendly and laid back. We definitely needed to be more efficient and be better at producing a profit, however we have sacrificed a lot to move in that direction.

Senior management doesn't appear to have a grasp on where they want to see us go. If they do they have done a poor job communicating that. The benefits are terrible. Fortunately I have good insurance elsewhere. The 401k match has improved. I would say the salary is middle of the road.

We have lost quite a few people over the last year because of uncomfortable process changes. Some good people left and some people no one will miss. However I think it says a lot when you lose 50% of your unit managers in a department in less than a year.

Take better care of your good employees. Fix all of the broken processes and communicate better from the top down.
Pros
They pay me
Cons
Technology
Productive Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 20, 2016
The most enjoyable part of working for Esurance is the day to day interaction with customers and my coworkers. the ability to interact with my peers and learn about car insurance and the daily changes that come with the business
Pros
constant hands on availability to the mangers
Cons
short breaks and no room to advance
Just a pay check
Licensed Auto Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 11, 2016
As a rapid response rep all you learn how to do is 100% liability claims which is not even half of what there is out there. No room for advancement
Good place to start
Desktop Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Rocklin, CAApril 5, 2016
Very fast pace.
Learned a lot out different management styles and how business works with management.

Typical day would be putting out fires and finding time for projects.

Want to know more about Esurance?

Ask a question
Decent culture
Rapid Response Representative (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 10, 2016
Good culture to work for but overall could use improvement.
Opportunity to advance is limited unless you are willing to suck up to the upper management.
Great Entry-Level Job
Outbound Lead Assignor (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZFebruary 22, 2016
Working here has it's ups and downs. The job is great for someone seeking an entry level position and who is just looking to bring home a steady pay check.
Pros
Steady income/guaranteed bi-weekly pay check
Cons
No advancement oppurtunities.
fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTFebruary 12, 2016
co workers are fun, worked together as a team, hardest part of the job were not able to help customers, great support system with management team
Pros
clean working place
Cons
took away the bounises
Fun and awesome job.
Insurance Agent CSR (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTFebruary 3, 2016
I liked working at Esurance, the pay is awesome. A typical day you take 50-70 calls either helping make payments, adding cars, changing premium options. Some of the callers are really nice some are really mean, that's what call center work is on a daily basis, if they were not, mad or confused there would be no call center jobs.
Another Greenville Call Center
Rapid Response Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 6, 2016
Overall the job was not bad. I worked as an 'adjuster'. I use that term loosely. We handled everything from customer service calls to simple claims. We weren't taught negotiation or how to truly read an estimate. They are always 2-4 days behind so the call volume is high daily.
They are not honest with you about scheduling and will tell everybody a different story.
They do provide free lunches from time to time but honestly it is a call center. They started out by saying that it wasn't but it truly is.
This is a great place to learn the basics of claims but I honestly wouldn't recommend growing your career here. Get in get the basics and look for other insurance companies once you've gained a handle on it.
For the job the compensation is on the low end. But again you are handling simple claims.
Also the company makes promises that they can't keep.
Get what you can and learn what you can.
Right now there is no advancement for you if you haven't been with the comany. They will bring in people from other parts of the country and the company to fill open positions.
Management doesn't listen to ideas on how to make job better either.
Made up metrics which you are penalized for as well as using your PTO.
Overall it's a call center.
Pros
Compensation and training
Cons
Made up metrics and management no sick time
Great pay
Licensed Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJanuary 4, 2016
Not a fun place to work but if you do your job and play by their rules, you'll be set up for life with a decent paying job. No need to worry there.
Fun and professional
RATE PURSUIT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTDecember 23, 2015
Great company to work for. Great people and good management. Co-workers are the best part of the day. Management needs a little work. The call center is a great and friendly and welcoming environment.
Pros
Great break room. Nice clean call center
Cons
Health insurance too expensive, keeping employees compensated for their work.
Heavy work place awesome culture
Casualty Injury Adjuster, Madison Branch Office (Current Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 25, 2015
The work load is very heavy
Management always backs you
Benefits are good
training is lacking
very professional place to work
Cons
to much work- Work load is very heavy
Horrific Management
Inbound Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 8, 2015
Terrible management. I have never seen a more poorly ran company. Lot of preferential treatment given to people. Management has no idea how to help you get better and will eventually try and teach you how to cheat the system. If you are successful they will try to bring you down.
Pros
Cons
Poor management
Fun, Supportive Place to Work
Licensing Administrator (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CANovember 2, 2015
Great company, great team, great spirit. I enjoyed my time employed with eSurance. It is a company that cares about their employees...it offers an environment with good morale.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Esurance. Our community is ready to answer.