Esurance Employee Reviews

Great Exp
Multi Line Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTMay 21, 2017
Esurance is a good company to work for to learn about the Insurance world. My goal is to run my own office someday and getting my License was the first step toward it.
I assist customers that are returning to Esurance for Auto, Home or Motorcycle needs, have coverage questions, billing questions, or guidance for general policy information.
Pros
Work at home options
Cons
Healthcare options not grate
Not the best place
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 19, 2017
Unfortunately, there is too much politics! Not much organization or guidance. Managers constantly pull the rank and not taking into account what "workers" are saying. Life/Balance is not really there anymore. You can take the time off, but you have to do everything!
Great people. Management not really
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDMay 17, 2017
Great people to work with. Management doesn't really care about the employees. Supervisors yes. Management no. I worked there for 10 years and people were getting paid more than me that had just started doing the same job as me. They didn't increase pay to the old employees when they decided to up the pay grade for new ones.
Would not work here again
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 15, 2017
This company is very political with their hiring process. They constantly overlook more qualified individuals in order to hire those who are closer to those in charge of hiring.
Good pay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTMay 12, 2017
The pay is decent, and so are the benefits. The training is so long and a little unorganized, but you have a decent amount of support once you hit the floor.
Benefits
Cons
Management is catty
Nocc +
NOCC Operator (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 11, 2017
This company is great at providing new ways for associates to grow and learn. I am proud to work for the company and I recommend then as a beginning path in IT Networking
To much work not enough people
IT Site Support Engineer 1 (Current Employee) –  Rocklin, CAMay 11, 2017
This company in all departments wants to pile on the work and not give enough man power to complete the job leading to a very stressful work environment.
Excellent
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Estherville, IAMay 11, 2017
My position is sales and understanding customers needs. My job is negotiating and uncovering needs/wants. I am able to listen to my customers and uncover what I need to make qualified decisions.
Pros
Excellent commissions. Flexibility to work from home.
Cons
Very micromanaged
A Great Company to work for!
WFM Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 27, 2017
Great company with great people in management. One of the better places I worked for I love the people I work with. The seem to truly care about your happiness which very important to me!
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Lack of advancement opprotunities
Good people, changing culture.
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDApril 27, 2017
Since Allstate bought Esurance, more of a focus on profitability and growth. More work than workers and increased expectations due to compensation adjustments.
Great
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTApril 26, 2017
Very cool place to work with a good workplace culture. If you can stand to take phone call after phone call then this is the job for you.

management is great and you learn a lot!
co workers great to work with
Senior Special Investigator (Current Employee) –  New JerseyApril 25, 2017
great group of workers. no management support for family issues. team members where very easy to get along with and work with. management not supportive of out side issues
Not a bad start .
Sales Agent One (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 21, 2017
Esurance all in one is a good company. There are a few things that could have been improved but you have that with every company . But it was a great start to get in the door of the Insurance World.
Worked with Esurance for 12+ years
SENIOR ASSISTANT SALES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDApril 20, 2017
Company went through a lot of changes during my time there including a 2017 reorganization where my position was eliminated. The company is owned by Allstate.
stressful environment
Liability Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 19, 2017
handling liability and total loss claims is very challenging and requires a thick skin and ability to work many hours to stay afloat. work environment was exceptional though, management was great and culture in office was generally fun. Job was really just not for me.
WAH -work at home
Total Protection Agent I (Current Employee) –  Rocklin, CAApril 7, 2017
I love about the "esurance" because the company was very good to employees. I learned Personal Auto policies. We have a good relationship between the co-workers and everyone is happy in the work place. I have an excellent boss. The most enjoyable part of my job is WAH-work at home.
Pros
he Christmas Party
Cons
take 3-15 minutes break a day and good pay
Be aware of no job security !
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAApril 7, 2017
Not very impressed with the growth of the company growing since purchased by Allstate and the wages not keeping up with that growth.
Appears again another insurance company riding to the top and not including the people who got them there !

At the first of the year they toasted their success of growing and by March they were letting people go with no replacement into different departments to be able to continue working ?

I was baffled by a lot of there decisions and it seemed they were making up as they went along not leaving people feeling secure with their jobs as well as bringing in new people at a lower wage .
Pros
Fun activities planned all the time
Cons
Wages could be better
Fun working atmosphere
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 21, 2017
Management and trainers are always more than willing to help. Te industry is constantly evolving and Esurance does an incredible job keeping their employees up to date on the most current news, compliance, etc. The office environment is always inviting and courteous.
Pros
Always feeding staff!
Cons
Restructuring commission constantly
negative work environment
IT Dept (Current Employee) –  Rocklin, CAMarch 16, 2017
Management does not motivate or support staff, instead threaten and criticize. Workplace culture is to do as told, without question. Communication is poor.
Pros
Pays well
Cons
negative work environment
Favorite job
Outbound lead assessor (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 16, 2017
Super fun place to work . Management and stafff are very helpful and friendly. They always have an upbeat positive atmosphere . Wish I could go back but I was on a temp position

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Esurance. Our community is ready to answer.