Esurance Employee Reviews

Not a bad start .
Sales Agent One (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 21, 2017
Esurance all in one is a good company. There are a few things that could have been improved but you have that with every company . But it was a great start to get in the door of the Insurance World.
Worked with Esurance for 12+ years
SENIOR ASSISTANT SALES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDApril 20, 2017
Company went through a lot of changes during my time there including a 2017 reorganization where my position was eliminated. The company is owned by Allstate.
stressful environment
Liability Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 19, 2017
handling liability and total loss claims is very challenging and requires a thick skin and ability to work many hours to stay afloat. work environment was exceptional though, management was great and culture in office was generally fun. Job was really just not for me.
WAH -work at home
Total Protection Agent I (Current Employee) –  Rocklin, CAApril 7, 2017
I love about the "esurance" because the company was very good to employees. I learned Personal Auto policies. We have a good relationship between the co-workers and everyone is happy in the work place. I have an excellent boss. The most enjoyable part of my job is WAH-work at home.
Pros
he Christmas Party
Cons
take 3-15 minutes break a day and good pay
Be aware of no job security !
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAApril 7, 2017
Not very impressed with the growth of the company growing since purchased by Allstate and the wages not keeping up with that growth.
Appears again another insurance company riding to the top and not including the people who got them there !

At the first of the year they toasted their success of growing and by March they were letting people go with no replacement into different departments to be able to continue working ?

I was baffled by a lot of there decisions and it seemed they were making up as they went along not leaving people feeling secure with their jobs as well as bringing in new people at a lower wage .
Pros
Fun activities planned all the time
Cons
Wages could be better
Fun working atmosphere
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 21, 2017
Management and trainers are always more than willing to help. Te industry is constantly evolving and Esurance does an incredible job keeping their employees up to date on the most current news, compliance, etc. The office environment is always inviting and courteous.
Pros
Always feeding staff!
Cons
Restructuring commission constantly
negative work environment
IT Dept (Current Employee) –  Rocklin, CAMarch 16, 2017
Management does not motivate or support staff, instead threaten and criticize. Workplace culture is to do as told, without question. Communication is poor.
Pros
Pays well
Cons
negative work environment
Favorite job
Outbound lead assessor (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 16, 2017
Super fun place to work . Management and stafff are very helpful and friendly. They always have an upbeat positive atmosphere . Wish I could go back but I was on a temp position
blah blah blah
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 15, 2017
• Performed legal research and drafted legal documents for the real estate and land-use law firm
• Counseled clients on their legal circumstances under the supervision of an attorney
• Introduced new technology and protocols designed to manage the firm’s legal
The training was excellent from day one. You are more of an order taker than an Insurance Agent. They just want warm bodies to answer the phones.
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 9, 2017
The commission pay out was changed 4x in 2 years and its structured with a low commission cap. Its great for a college student or early 20's but if you have a family or want to buy a house, Esurance might not be the place for you
They just want warm bodies to answer the phones.

I wish every company would train like esurance.
Pros
Training, Flex Schedule
Cons
Constantly changing commission payout, attendance and performance are rated together, health benefits are horrible
Starts out as a good place to work...
Call Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTFebruary 18, 2017
Starts out as a good place to work, but then turns out to be like every other call center. Most upper management is out of touch with actual customer interactions.
flexible hours and no room for growth
Multi-Line Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 25, 2017
The benefit to working for the company is that they value work and home life balance. You can flex your time and pretty much work what hours your want to work. The disadvantage is that the company is still trying to grow and they are constantly changing their incentive year after year you feel pretty stagnant. Your base will increase yet they will change incentive and you will make less and less the longer you work for them.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
pay and growth opportunity
productive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDNovember 23, 2016
Dealing with customers that call in to pay auto insurances or to get a new auto insurance policy.
Learned how to handle hard and sensitive customer.
Management were very helpful in every way to get the job done.
Co-worker were very friendly and useful.
The hardest of the job is dealing with hard customer every single day.
Learned the different auto insurance coverage in every state.
Okay place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTNovember 11, 2016
The pay was good but the overall environment is judgmental. There were a handful of times when I considered quitting because of this.
Awesome Training Department
Property & Casualty Agent (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 11, 2016
Esurance's Training Department is awesome. I was more than ready to take the State Exam for my Property & Casualty License when we were done with the learning material.
Great benefits and job culture, but not a good job.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTNovember 2, 2016
This company is one of the greatest I have ever worked for in my life. The company truly cares about their employees and they spend a great deal of time and money in order to satisfy employees. However, for me personally the job of listening to people on the phone and consistently being degraded inhumanely by customers, is something that was very hard for me when I worked there.
Pros
great pay, benefits, and a great company
Cons
the actual job
Run dont walk
office manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 30, 2016
Mid mangers who don't care about their team. Old office and cheap furniture. Upper management keeps bad mangers in place and they dont care about the huge burn and churn.
Stressfull misstreated work enviorment
Licensed Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTOctober 14, 2016
*Most days full of stress and anxiety. Being yelled at all day by customers and by management.
*Call center hard to work in but easy to do. Stand up for myself when mistreated.
*Management never stood up for you. hard to speak with management.
*Co-workers were amazing made it bearable to do the job.
*Dealing with the stress of customers yelling at you all day long and no support from your management.
*The only good thing about the job is the pay.
Esurance
Auto and Home Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXOctober 9, 2016
My typical workday includes taking inbound calls from policy holders, claimants, repair facilities, attorneys, medical providers and a host of other individuals either filing claims or requesting the status of a claim. The job is demanding because the average person doesn't know what to do after a loss which can be frustrating for them, yet rewarding at the same time because I get to help so many people. The hardest part of my job is when one of our policy holders family members passes away because of an accident. The best part of my job is when the policy holder tells me that the claims process was a great experience and quick. My co workers and management are great because we really do work in a team environment where we are constantly helping each other.
Nice place
Casualty Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GASeptember 20, 2016
The office has gone through many changes and updates, the office was recently painted and renovated.

Nice office with a great break room for lunch and meals