Esurance Employee Reviews

The training was excellent from day one. You are more of an order taker than an Insurance Agent. They just want warm bodies to answer the phones.
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 9, 2017
The commission pay out was changed 4x in 2 years and its structured with a low commission cap. Its great for a college student or early 20's but if you have a family or want to buy a house, Esurance might not be the place for you
They just want warm bodies to answer the phones.

I wish every company would train like esurance.
Pros
Training, Flex Schedule
Cons
Constantly changing commission payout, attendance and performance are rated together, health benefits are horrible
Great benefits and job culture, but not a good job.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTNovember 2, 2016
This company is one of the greatest I have ever worked for in my life. The company truly cares about their employees and they spend a great deal of time and money in order to satisfy employees. However, for me personally the job of listening to people on the phone and consistently being degraded inhumanely by customers, is something that was very hard for me when I worked there.
Pros
great pay, benefits, and a great company
Cons
the actual job
Typical Call Center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTMarch 8, 2017
The training is good, but there is so much to learn, it can be very difficult.
Daily coaching, weekly coaching, weekly call calibrations, but nothing positive is ever conveyed.
The customers can be cruel and use profanity and there is nothing you can do but take it. No support from management.
If you don't like constant change, this job isn't for you. Rules, performance, procedures can change daily or weekly.
The turnover is very high. You have to be disciplined. You cannot leave your desk other than breaks and lunch.
Once you get a shift, you're locked in for 6 months at a time. No work life balance.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Difficult job in a negative setting. Insurance is expensive.
flexible hours and no room for growth
Multi-Line Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 25, 2017
The benefit to working for the company is that they value work and home life balance. You can flex your time and pretty much work what hours your want to work. The disadvantage is that the company is still trying to grow and they are constantly changing their incentive year after year you feel pretty stagnant. Your base will increase yet they will change incentive and you will make less and less the longer you work for them.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
pay and growth opportunity
It could be worse
Unit Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 22, 2016
As I said it could be worse but that is hardly a ringing endorsement. The technology is atrocious. We should be embarrassed about it. I for one am. Constant breakdowns/failures. It is frustrating to be in claims with heavy volume and high expectations and the tools to do your job are from the stone age. The culture has changed immensely in the 6 years I have been here. It used to be more friendly and laid back. We definitely needed to be more efficient and be better at producing a profit, however we have sacrificed a lot to move in that direction.

Senior management doesn't appear to have a grasp on where they want to see us go. If they do they have done a poor job communicating that. The benefits are terrible. Fortunately I have good insurance elsewhere. The 401k match has improved. I would say the salary is middle of the road.

We have lost quite a few people over the last year because of uncomfortable process changes. Some good people left and some people no one will miss. However I think it says a lot when you lose 50% of your unit managers in a department in less than a year.

Take better care of your good employees. Fix all of the broken processes and communicate better from the top down.
Pros
They pay me
Cons
Technology
Esurance
Auto and Home Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXOctober 9, 2016
My typical workday includes taking inbound calls from policy holders, claimants, repair facilities, attorneys, medical providers and a host of other individuals either filing claims or requesting the status of a claim. The job is demanding because the average person doesn't know what to do after a loss which can be frustrating for them, yet rewarding at the same time because I get to help so many people. The hardest part of my job is when one of our policy holders family members passes away because of an accident. The best part of my job is when the policy holder tells me that the claims process was a great experience and quick. My co workers and management are great because we really do work in a team environment where we are constantly helping each other.
Fun working atmosphere
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 21, 2017
Management and trainers are always more than willing to help. Te industry is constantly evolving and Esurance does an incredible job keeping their employees up to date on the most current news, compliance, etc. The office environment is always inviting and courteous.
Pros
Always feeding staff!
Cons
Restructuring commission constantly
negative work environment
IT Dept (Current Employee) –  Rocklin, CAMarch 16, 2017
Management does not motivate or support staff, instead threaten and criticize. Workplace culture is to do as told, without question. Communication is poor.
Pros
Pays well
Cons
negative work environment
productive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDNovember 23, 2016
Dealing with customers that call in to pay auto insurances or to get a new auto insurance policy.
Learned how to handle hard and sensitive customer.
Management were very helpful in every way to get the job done.
Co-worker were very friendly and useful.
The hardest of the job is dealing with hard customer every single day.
Learned the different auto insurance coverage in every state.
Stressfull misstreated work enviorment
Licensed Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTOctober 14, 2016
*Most days full of stress and anxiety. Being yelled at all day by customers and by management.
*Call center hard to work in but easy to do. Stand up for myself when mistreated.
*Management never stood up for you. hard to speak with management.
*Co-workers were amazing made it bearable to do the job.
*Dealing with the stress of customers yelling at you all day long and no support from your management.
*The only good thing about the job is the pay.

Want to know more about Esurance?

Ask a question
Good if you don't want to go to school
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTApril 25, 2016
The pay was great and the benefits were pretty good also but they don't give you much a choice for shifts. And they don't really work with you on trying to make your schedule work for you.
Starts out as a good place to work...
Call Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTFebruary 18, 2017
Starts out as a good place to work, but then turns out to be like every other call center. Most upper management is out of touch with actual customer interactions.
Favorite job
Outbound lead assessor (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 16, 2017
Super fun place to work . Management and stafff are very helpful and friendly. They always have an upbeat positive atmosphere . Wish I could go back but I was on a temp position
Another Greenville Call Center
Rapid Response Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 6, 2016
Overall the job was not bad. I worked as an 'adjuster'. I use that term loosely. We handled everything from customer service calls to simple claims. We weren't taught negotiation or how to truly read an estimate. They are always 2-4 days behind so the call volume is high daily.
They are not honest with you about scheduling and will tell everybody a different story.
They do provide free lunches from time to time but honestly it is a call center. They started out by saying that it wasn't but it truly is.
This is a great place to learn the basics of claims but I honestly wouldn't recommend growing your career here. Get in get the basics and look for other insurance companies once you've gained a handle on it.
For the job the compensation is on the low end. But again you are handling simple claims.
Also the company makes promises that they can't keep.
Get what you can and learn what you can.
Right now there is no advancement for you if you haven't been with the comany. They will bring in people from other parts of the country and the company to fill open positions.
Management doesn't listen to ideas on how to make job better either.
Made up metrics which you are penalized for as well as using your PTO.
Overall it's a call center.
Pros
Compensation and training
Cons
Made up metrics and management no sick time
Standard Experience
Agent (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 15, 2016
Minimal work life balance and the company has trouble finding a commission structure that works. Managers are good, top management has minimal presence.
blah blah blah
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 15, 2017
• Performed legal research and drafted legal documents for the real estate and land-use law firm
• Counseled clients on their legal circumstances under the supervision of an attorney
• Introduced new technology and protocols designed to manage the firm’s legal
Run dont walk
office manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 30, 2016
Mid mangers who don't care about their team. Old office and cheap furniture. Upper management keeps bad mangers in place and they dont care about the huge burn and churn.
Great environment, awesome bonuses
Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJuly 14, 2015
I started at the bottom with this employer when they were a new company. This company had great management and was constantly growing. I was able to move up through the company in just a few short years and they really understood how to treat their employees. The benefits were the best Ive ever had, raises and bonuses were great, the environment was fast paced and informative and there was always a cookout or prizes. This is a great place to work and I have sent many friends to this company for employment.
Pros
bonuses, benefits, coworkers, environment
Cons
nothing
Very micro-managed, untrained management staff ..
Multi Lines - Licensed Personal Lines Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 1, 2014
Esurance is a great place for a young person right of school or working through school. This is not a company you would be able to make a "career" out of. The benefits are expensive and cover very little. People are advanced too quickly without the proper managerial skills/training. The environment is very unprofessional and there seems to be a high tolerance for disrespect in the work place. Speaking disrespectfully to customers is acceptable as long they are getting the sale. This is not discouraged by management, but overlooked in an attempt to reach necessary numbers.
Pros
A young person in school can make a decent pay.
Cons
Very unprofessional environment.
Productive and enjoyable work atmosphere
Service Assurance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDAugust 2, 2016
Esurance is a vast changing corporation that helps all employees become more accustom to learning how to adapt to all the vast changes that you will encounter on day to day bases. With the vast changes its always important to learn that switch tasking is task that you have to grow accustom to and learn how to navigate efficiently. You will meet one of a kind representative’s that work within the corporation, to which you will grow strong bonds with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Esurance. Our community is ready to answer.