Esurance Employee Reviews

esurance
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDAugust 16, 2017
Inbound calls assisting people with their car insurance. Replying to customer emails and faxes. Fast paced call center. Awesome lunch room with hot food for sale that was cooked there.
productive and fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 15, 2017
I would receive calls and helped customers with their policies. I would help with billing questions, adding/removing vehicles/people from policies and terminated policies.
I learned how to multitask and enhanced my over the phone customer service skills.
One of the managers would give open and honest feedback when listening to our calls.
The work place culture was very diverse and upbeat.
The hardest part of the job was to be given goals and not shown proper ways of achieving my goals.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to assist my customers and having them trust me to help them with anything that they needed done with their policies.
Pros
good work/life balance and good benefits
Cons
poor coaching
fast paced secure site
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTAugust 11, 2017
Working for the Affordable Care Act was a difficult but challenging opportunity. This experience helped me further my knowledge of health insurance and the rules and regulations governing them.
Pros
learning about health insurance
Cons
dealing with angry abusive callers
Long hours. Terrible management.
PIP Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 10, 2017
Having come from a much bigger insurance company I will say this company pays more, however, for the amount of hours you are required to put in the pay is too low and you do not get overtime. Management regularly pushes the rhetoric that you need to work more than 40 hours to be caught up. They do not replacement hire and treat you leaving as a personal offense to them. Upper management is clueless and first line managers either have an ego way too big for the company they work for or just have no idea what they're doing. One manager in particular likes to act real tough yet has the worst personality imaginable for management. I would not recommend this company to anyone who would like to maintain a worklife balance or remain sane.
fun place to work for little to no money
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDAugust 5, 2017
a typical day was taking incoming calls from customers and answering their questions. i learned that not every state has the same rules and regulations for insurance. work place culture was good. hardest part of the job was remember the rules and regulations for each state. the most enjoyable part of the job was the coworkers.
Great coworkers
Staff Appraiser (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYAugust 3, 2017
Enjoyed working at the company. I was allowed to schedule my own appointments per location. Hardest part was keeping up with the production due to the large coverage area.
Pros
leading technology
Cons
poor managment
Please see below "your review"
Liability Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJJuly 29, 2017
On my last review, I achieved a 3% raise. I also earned a $6,500.00 bonus.

On a weekly basis, my manager informs me of my productivity. My performance always exceeds my manager's expectations.

I
Pretty repetitive
Licensed Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 28, 2017
Esurance as a company is not bad, the sales role however was very repetitive and falls somewhere between a call center and order taking. Not much is unique about the organization.
Good people to work with.
Sales Agent II (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJuly 27, 2017
Nice place to work with good people and a friendly environment. The company taught me how to sell insurance. Made good friends with many coworkers and loved my manager.
pretty okay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 19, 2017
I did not like the monotony. I also was going through a tough time so i ended up leaving to clear my head and figure out what I was going to do about school. cool place and nice people.
Constant change
Licensed Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Greenville SCJuly 5, 2017
Company is going through hard times trying to keep good workers. You are promised alot to get you to take job and then BOOM they tell "busness needs" require change. Like your schedule, your pay, your job etc. There isnt alot of thought put into proceedures before they make changes
Cons
health insurance covers little costs alot
Enjoy the flexibility and co-workers
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Rocklin, CAJune 23, 2017
There is no typical day, as everyday varies. One must be agile. The workplace culture is diverse. The most enjoyable part of my job is there is always the opportunity to learn.
Pros
Schedule/Co-Workers
Benefits
Love this place
Client Services Agent II/ (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTJune 22, 2017
Ive have been here for 3 year in different roles. The leadership is great and I love it. Its been a wonderful learning opportunity. You handle so many different things.
Pros
Pay, Time off, leadership, growth
Cons
There is a lot to know
Good company
Mean Stack Developer/UI Developer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 22, 2017
Good work
I learn lot of things,
Good management
good culture
its hardest
enjoyed

The projects pertain to Esurance Billing and Payments System which requires interacting with different entities like payment gateways, legacy systems for allowing customers to buy insurance online.
A lot of work and experience
Anon (Former Employee) –  Anona, FLJune 9, 2017
Always work to do, and always things to learn. Difficult relationships with management. Essentially fed to the wolves, but with a little enthusiasm and tough spine it is possible to turn this into more of a positive.
Pros
Coworkers are awesome
Cons
Compensation is short, benefits aren't great, management is practically non-existent and senior management is an oxymoron.
Great people!
Sales Quality Assurance Anaylst (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAJune 7, 2017
Excellent group of people. Was able to work at home. Reviewed Sales calls to ensure Agents were meeting company guidelines and state guidelines. Giving feedback to Managers to assist Sales Agents with their Sales Skills. Track trends, report to Managers.
Fun place to work
Inside Sales Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 30, 2017
Advancement is difficult as favoritism is huge problem. The employees and work culture is exceptional. On the down side compensation plans and over all operations are constantly changing which can be expected from a growing company. The recruiting department falls short by a long shot but over all a good company to work for.
Car Insurance
Express Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 30, 2017
As an Express Claims Adjuster, you will answer incoming claims calls and start the claims process for the customer. It requires attention to detail and empathy towards those who were just involved in an accident. The pay is in line (if not slightly better) than other Auto insurance companies and does not require overtime unless it's the busy season.
Pros
Stability
Cons
benefits were lackluster
Call after call, but good coworkers.
Licensed Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDMay 27, 2017
You would login, and start taking calls. Most were about billing issues that were easily resolved but a lot of the time you would be angry customers, especially as a licensed agent. The coworkers were fun though. The hardest part of the job was sitting through people obviously lying to you when you know they are lying.
Great Exp
Multi Line Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTMay 21, 2017
Esurance is a good company to work for to learn about the Insurance world. My goal is to run my own office someday and getting my License was the first step toward it.
I assist customers that are returning to Esurance for Auto, Home or Motorcycle needs, have coverage questions, billing questions, or guidance for general policy information.
Pros
Work at home options
Cons
Healthcare options not grate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Esurance. Our community is ready to answer.