ETAK Systems, Inc.

ETAK Systems, Inc. Employee Reviews

Significant travel and multiple job sites
DC Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHNovember 9, 2015
Daily dc power installation, learned computer data entry and daily follow up of activities, got along well with co-workers. The most difficult aspect was being away from my home and family. The most enjoyable part of the job was earning a good salary and meeting new co-workers.
Great Culture and Work/Life Balance
CFO / IT Director (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 21, 2015
I've been here going on 6 months. What I most admire about the company is the the culture of team work along with the great work/life balance. Also, management is always pushing to build that team culture.
Pros
Able to set my own schedule
Cons
Travel related to home
Great place to work!
ETAK Technician (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CASeptember 17, 2015
ETAK is a great place to work. Over the past year, things have improved greatly in the Anaheim office. A lot of former employees didn't understand what it takes to be successful. The leadership team that's in place now is great. The other technicians all want to work hard and do good quality work. I'm happy to work here.
Pros
Other techs/managers, benefits
Cons
Working nights
Enjoy working here
Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 15, 2015
This company has a lot going for it. They recently become employee owned which should result in a nice payout down the road if things continue growing. The Charlotte office is a tight team and field offices are good too, but depend on the personality of the project manager. People are nice and helpful. One cool new service is drone flights which will probably be big soon. Management communicates pretty well.
Pros
Like the people, wireless telecom work is interesting
Cons
Travel when work picks up
Poor Management
DC tech (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAAugust 19, 2015
main office is on east coast, project manager is a joke, guys keep blowing up cell sites. would not work for them. over work guys, don't pay well, warehouse is dirty, black balled..
Pros
do what you want
Cons
work all nights. no day work
Good place to work but work is to inconsistent.
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 28, 2015
A typical day includes travel to a local warehouse to pick up materials and then about another hr of travel to a cell site then about 5-6 hrs of work.Lots of travel but good pay.
Pros
Hotel provided
Cons
expect a lot from you.
I would not go back
DC Power Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 12, 2015
Poor project management. I would not return to this company. The project mgr was not a good one, did not communicate with the techs in the field.
An expanding company with a lot of room to grow.
Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Menlo Park Ca. 94025December 29, 2014
I learned to trouble shoot problems raging from unix servers to printer and plotters.
Inconsistent work
DC Technician - Level 2 (Former Employee) –  Most of east coast, Pennsylvania and OhioOctober 8, 2014
All day work consists of preparing the job site for evening work. All repair or upgrade work is done between midnight and 5am. The job requires you to be gone from home a week at a time. You get to learn all aspects of cell phone tower power systems.
Pros
earn points from hotel stays
Cons
lack of consistent work and you are not home at night
Kept me busy while it lasted
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 30, 2014
great team of co-workers.
I learned how to really work under limited time situations.
Typical day was start at 2pm finish the next day at 7am, weekends included.
Pros
real learning experience
Cons
all night work

Want to know more about ETAK Systems, Inc.?

Ask a question
Not what they claim to be
Installer (Former Employee) –  Anaheim CADecember 27, 2013
The company itself overall is actually a very decent company. The contracts they have are with reputable companies, and the office support staff in Charlotte are a great group of people.

Unfortunately, that's about where the professionalism ends. The communication with the field personnel is inadequate. The schedule changes constantly, and not due to the customer, it's due to the mid level management being disorganized.

Processes and procedures are in place to ensure you can complete your tasks in a timely manner, however they dont want to pay you for the time spent processing your reporting or any additional time they require of you to do the excess paperwork they dump on you in the field as a lead installer.

The equipment they use is decent equipment, but the computer systems they use for time tracking are anequated and require an advanced degree to learn.

As a new guy in the field on a crew you should be aware that if you aren't a friend of the crew, you are going to get stabbed in the back, front and side by everyone in the field, including the project managers and sales managers. They have their favorites and they will hang you out to dry to ensure they get their friends hired.

If you're in southern California you don't want to be the wrong nationality on the crews doing the installations. If you're in Chicago you don't want to be from outside the area doing work as they will run you out of there as well.

The sales managers know everyone in the business and are great guys, but they tend to have bigger egos and mouths than they do common sense, and they won't listen
  more... to anyone with new ideas at all.

My opinion, pass on this opportunity for a real company that has their business more together.
Pros
they cover the motel and food expenses if you travel
Cons
management has no tenure
Manager, Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 29, 2013
Dynamic telecommunications service organization. Company experienced very fast growth and branched into other areas of service, some of which caused serious "growing pains", resulting in the necessity to downsize (which ultimately led to major layoffs, including me). Best part of the job were the relationships formed, both inside and outside the company - excellent customer base with diverse personalities and challenges - which I enjoyed greatly.
Pros
great work/life balance
Cons
too far from home
Not the same Place anymore...
Senior Staff Accountant (Office Manager) (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 9, 2013
I worked there for 8 years and was very happy with my job and many of the employees. It was like a family atmosphere.
The outlook of the executive team changed with the rollover in executives.
Fun work environment in an ever changing industry
Director of Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 4, 2013
Great casual and fun work environment. Requires lots of travel for our installers, but plenty of support from our office staff in Charlotte.
Pros
people, relaxed environment, and great benefits
Cons
100% travel for installers and technicians
Learning environment.
DC Power Technician (Current Employee) –  Groveport, OHSeptember 28, 2012
Skills learned in this organization are varied and useful in many applications.
Used to be a great place to work
DC Technician (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 23, 2012
I used to enjoy working here when the company was smaller and more independant. After investors go involved and the growth of the company began things started to go down hill. Hours starting to be cut and lots of people got laid off. Now it is hard to get 40 hours in a week and there are serveral weeks where there is no work at all. Do yourself a favor and look somewhere else for employment.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
low pay, not enough hours, bad management

Comment – January 15, 2013

I work for Etak now and it striaght up sucks now. Hours are cut management is completely incompetent. As soon as I find another job I will be leaving and never coming back. So save yourself some time and headache and pass on Etak. Don't end up like a lot of us that work there now just in a dead end job with no future.

Laid back work place
Assistant warehouse manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 24, 2012
laid back, learned a far amount, management not good leaders, great coworkers, dealing with middle management, when i was in charge, during lunch hours.
Ok place to work
DC power field service technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 25, 2012
I received some good training. I got the opportunity to travel the US.