ETAK Systems, Inc.

ETAK Systems, Inc. Employer Reviews

Not what they claim to be
Installer (Former Employee), Anaheim CADecember 27, 2013
Pros: they cover the motel and food expenses if you travel
Cons: management has no tenure
The company itself overall is actually a very decent company. The contracts they have are with reputable companies, and the office support staff in Charlotte are a great group of people.

Unfortunately, that's about where the professionalism ends. The communication with the field personnel is inadequate. The schedule changes constantly, and not due – more... to the customer, it's due to the mid level management being disorganized.

Processes and procedures are in place to ensure you can complete your tasks in a timely manner, however they dont want to pay you for the time spent processing your reporting or any additional time they require of you to do the excess paperwork they dump on you in the field as a lead installer.

The equipment they use is decent equipment, but the computer systems they use for time tracking are anequated and require an advanced degree to learn.

As a new guy in the field on a crew you should be aware that if you aren't a friend of the crew, you are going to get stabbed in the back, front and side by everyone in the field, including the project managers and sales managers. They have their favorites and they will hang you out to dry to ensure they get their friends hired.

If you're in southern California you don't want to be the wrong nationality on the crews doing the installations. If you're in Chicago you don't want to be from outside the area doing work as they will run you out of there as well.

The sales managers know everyone in the business and are great guys, but they tend to have bigger egos and mouths than they do common sense, and they won't listen to anyone with new ideas at all.

My opinion, pass on this opportunity for a real company that has their business more together. – less
Manager, Inside Sales (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 29, 2013
Pros: great work/life balance
Cons: too far from home
Dynamic telecommunications service organization. Company experienced very fast growth and branched into other areas of service, some of which caused serious "growing pains", resulting in the necessity to downsize (which ultimately led to major layoffs, including me). Best part of the job were the relationships formed, both inside and outside the company – more... - excellent customer base with diverse personalities and challenges - which I enjoyed greatly. – less
Not the same Place anymore...
Senior Staff Accountant (Office Manager) (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 9, 2013
I worked there for 8 years and was very happy with my job and many of the employees. It was like a family atmosphere.
The outlook of the executive team changed with the rollover in executives.
Fun work environment in an ever changing industry
Director of Human Resources (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 4, 2013
Pros: people, relaxed environment, and great benefits
Cons: 100% travel for installers and technicians
Great casual and fun work environment. Requires lots of travel for our installers, but plenty of support from our office staff in Charlotte.
Learning environment.
DC Power Technician (Current Employee), Groveport, OHSeptember 28, 2012
Skills learned in this organization are varied and useful in many applications.
Used to be a great place to work
DC Technician (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 23, 2012
Pros: good benefits
Cons: low pay, not enough hours, bad management
I used to enjoy working here when the company was smaller and more independant. After investors go involved and the growth of the company began things started to go down hill. Hours starting to be cut and lots of people got laid off. Now it is hard to get 40 hours in a week and there are serveral weeks where there is no work at all. Do yourself a favor – more... and look somewhere else for employment. – less

Tech1 – January 15, 2013

I work for Etak now and it striaght up sucks now. Hours are cut management is completely incompetent. As soon as I find another job I will be leaving and never coming back. So save yourself some time and headache and pass on Etak. Don't end up like a lot of us that work there now just in a dead end job with no future.

Laid back work place
Assistant warehouse manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 24, 2012
laid back, learned a far amount, management not good leaders, great coworkers, dealing with middle management, when i was in charge, during lunch hours.
Ok place to work
DC power field service technician (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 25, 2012
I received some good training. I got the opportunity to travel the US.

About ETAK Systems, Inc.

ETAK Systems is a national wireless services provider that is recognized throughout the industry for high quality execution. – Read more