ETECH Employee Reviews

Great job for a very young adult or college student.
Customer Service Lead (Former Employee), Nacogdoches, TXAugust 1, 2015
Pros: Great for college kids because of flexible hours
Cons: company policy and hourly pay often changes
I worked for Etech on a campaign for Kohls department store. The job began well. We made a descent living and also received monthly compensation for providing excellent customer service. Things began to quickly change after the first year and three months of working at the company. The employees hourly pay was cut by a dollar. Then our bonuses were cut significantly. Then at the end of tenure at the company the staff was trimmed down by half and our comp pay was done away with.
Great people to work with.
HR Receptionist/ Employment Coordinator (Current Employee), Huntington, WVJuly 29, 2015
The atmosphere is very laid back and the people are wonderful.
Management cares about the employees and really want to see them succeed.
The hardest part of the job is keeping track of the different laws that deal your area of work.
When you need a job, Etech is always there for you.
Sales Representative, Click to Chat (Former Employee), Nacogdoches, TXJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Coworkers, will get your through the day, flexible schedule
Cons: Unreachable sales goals
The job itself is not horrible, since you do not necessarily have to listen to anyone yell at you for doing your job from customers. Although, some higher ups will beg to different since many would like to yell out how horrible the sales are doing that day. However, the day to day selling was not always there for me, either you got it or you don't. Many coworkers would be making 13+ hour or more with commission. If you are the selling type, go for it, if not, you may need to stay away. Overall, the job was okay, coworkers are pretty awesome and some managers as well, prepare for some characters. Considered going back, but not sure what new changes have been implemented, since there seemed to be changes every single week, (had 3 different managers within a 3 week period). Additionally, there able to work with (some) of your schedule, especially if you are student.
good start
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 1, 2015
good with working with your hours, school and personal life. suck you cant have your phone in the building or purses, bags, ext. environment is okay
Great management, not so great rules
E-Registration Representative (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJune 24, 2015
Great coworkers, but unrealistic rules and expectations. Certainly no job stability when it comes to being transferred between departments constantly.
Enjoyable company to work for
Sales (Former Employee), Nacogdoches, TXJune 8, 2015
Pros: Talk to people
Cons: Pay
I suppose I had a less than favorable recruiting experience. I had been a licensed insurance agent over ten years when I was recruited to assist ETech with their Florida Blue Campaign. I was told the job paid hourly plus commission. After four months and no commission, I had to resign my position. I was then told that a portion of the commission was going into a pot to be split as a bonus between the top performers.
Working at ETech
Assisting Senior Technical Support (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 17, 2015
The working hour is from 8:00 AMto 5:00 PM. The job is pretty simple and I learnt new knowledge with this company. The only thing I do not like is the benefit. It does not offer great benefit for employees.
Client Support Representative (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 29, 2015
this place is a good place to start working and gaining customer service experience , they have a lot of opportunity to move up in the company.
Fun job with lots of hours
Intake Specialist (Former Employee), Nacogdoches, TXApril 27, 2015
Learned how to effectively communicate with clients over the phone. Coworkers made the environment interesting, however, the shifts were very long. Good for earning a lot of hours if that is desired.
It was an great fun environment.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP/SALES AGENT (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 24, 2015
I have had alot of fun working at Etech. The co workers and managers was so nice and everyone work well together. We also recieve awards for great performance through out the month and Verizon would come bring us gift cards for making an amount of sales in one month.
Grocery Store
Chat Representative (Former Employee), Nacogdoches, TXFebruary 19, 2015
Customer service was very big a kroger. I was a cashier so I had to interact with people and just bring a little light to their day. Helpful co-workers along with managers.
Flexible and open job.
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Lufkin, TXJanuary 21, 2015
Great for anyone that needs a flexible schedule.
Depending on the location you work in, there are several campaigns to work for within the call center.
A good place for a first job
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Lufkin, TXJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: lenient on days off, coaches work with you to improve, virtual store allows you to exchange your sales for products
Cons: short breaks, unpaid lunches, customers are angry, sales coaches are stressfull
I walk in the doors, proceed to my workstation, log in, open the various systems, and begin to make many phone calls to ex AT&T customers. Majority of them hang up and on a typical day, i'm lucky if I get a sale. The sales coaches listen in on your conversations to ensure your being honest and following script guidelines, but frankly, most calls people hang up on you very quickly. The hardest part is the angry customers which is virtually all of them. They cuss you out and say mean things frequently. The enjoyable part is when you get a sale you've been working on and are able to process it. It feels like a valid accomplishment.
Expectaions are not fufilled according to goals and objectives
Licensed Agent (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 2, 2015
Cons: no possible opportunities
Not a very good company to work for providing no benefits and tainted perspective on companys values and ethics
An overall great place to work...
EDUCATION TECHNOLOGY CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Columbus, OHOctober 27, 2014
Pros: benefits and colleagues support
Cons: government agency subject to dissolution.
I left during a time of transition, which is not always smooth. ETECH has hardworking staff. Great place to advance knowledge of educational technology.
Call Center Sales Rep position/ Customer Service
Customer Service/ Sales Agent- Making (Current Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 9, 2014
A good woking environment. Very limited career advancement opportunities. I learned a great deal about Time Warner Cable products and services also AT&T, and Verizon products and services.
This company
Live Chat Representative (Current Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 8, 2014
This company is not the company to work for. They do not offer all the information about the job upfront, once in, you get the big slap in the face
Fun and rapidly changing work environment
Employment Coordinator (Current Employee), Nacogdoches, TXSeptember 9, 2014
My typical day at work would consist of contacting applicants and completing their phone interview. I set up interviews for different campaigns and complete new hire paperwork. I over see other Employment Coordinators to ensure their class list and paperwork is accurate from the other Etech Centers.
I have learned that change is the best part of the job. I constantly create better and more efficient ways for the interview process.
The hardest part of my job would be searching for qualitity candidates to hire within a limited amount of time frame. I enjoy working with my co-workers and working with applicants everyday. I love hiring applicants and them finding place of employment.
Unorganized, suggestions fall on deaf ears
agent (Former Employee), ETECH Palm Beach FLAugust 8, 2014
Cons: management does not listen.
I agreed to come in at the bottom to prove my abilities and this company did not take advantage of it. Management is very weak and has no back up plan. That is why they lost BCBS contract. Supervisors have blinders on and never did get what customer service is all about. Not just time on the phone regurgitating scripted messages. I offered to help repair their plan or lack of it, but just had to walk away. Very unprofessional. They had an opportunity to do better and blew it when their contract got pulled by a company that demanded a certain level of professionalism. I know first hand because I worked with BCBS agents for many years as their wholesaler.
Unorganized
Account Manager/Sales (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 28, 2014
I don't like the fact that the job was so unorganized,the managers are sorry,you have to worry about if you have a job everyday you wake up.