Ethan Allen

Ethan Allen Employee Reviews

Mr. Landau's treated his employee like family.
Interior Designer (Former Employee), Secaucus, NJApril 11, 2015
I loved working for Ethan Allen, it's a great Company to work for. I had a lot of fun putting projects together and working with customers. Mr. Landaus was a great person and loved all of his employees.
Great part time position as Visual Merchandiser for revamped Texas stores!
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee), Austin and San Antonio, TXMarch 15, 2015
I had to interview with both CEO & President of the Texas Ethan Allen stores. We met, and walked through both the Austin & San Antonio stores for which I am responsible. I've had a lot of Retail Visual experience, and this is just a part time position, so the decisions, and job offer came quickly. I report to both the President, and the Regional Visual Director out of Houston.

The company's Texas stores have gone through a massive makeover, and are ready to profit from all the focused planning and attention. The present senior management for the Texas stores is professional, fair and expects the same conscientiousness from their employees.

I've just started this job, but already impressed with the company's demeanor, which was evident from the first interview.
good to work
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee), Chino, CAMarch 11, 2015
Pros: good gifs on cristhmas
Cons: good insurence
good place to learn every day ,getting along with all my co workers ,and good benefice and alot over time everything was good and this company....
ok company
Interior Design (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZMarch 9, 2015
Pros: quality of the product
Cons: 100% commission pay- product is not diversified enough. one brand only!
The company is ok, although working every weekend for years makes family life balance challenging. Additionally, the creative staff and company could benefit/perform better with less micromanaging tactics from management.
excellent company
Assistant Calendar operator (Former Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYMarch 3, 2015
a typical day at work I would complete seven pelt as the objective my hardest day on the job is when the machines are malfunctioning
Ethan Allen Review
Dock Manager (Former Employee), Kentland, INDecember 5, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: damaged products
As a Dock Manager, I marked up the pull sheets and then pulled all of the stock for the orders. Took the stock to the front door to ready it for delivery.

I learned how to finish furniture.

The hardest part of the job was making sure all of the product was at the delivery door, labeled correctly, and ready for shipment.
good employees that work hard and help one another
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Akron, OHOctober 20, 2014
Pros: great employees
Cons: low pay
Good company but hard to make a stable living unless you are part of Management
nice place to work
Furniture Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Wausau, WISeptember 29, 2014
nice people to workfor
friendly coworkers
flexible schedule
variety of different jobsto do
Consulted and helped customers design beautiful rooms in their homes
Design Consultant (Former Employee), Mequon, WISeptember 29, 2014
Pros: being creative, and learning important selling techiques
Cons: making the monthly sales quota's
Greeted the customers as they entered our store. Helped them with their style and fabric selections. Learned how to read customers personalities in knowing the best way to address them as they entered our store. Management helped in tweaking our sales techniques. Hardest part was meeting the monthly sales quota's.
Enjoyed being creative, and working with beautiful fabrics and finishes.
A great place to work
Design Consultant (Former Employee), Peachtree City, GASeptember 29, 2014
Pros: creative environment
Cons: distance from home
Ethan Allen became a second family to me. I worked with a wonderful group of creative designers each day. I loved the fact that this job gave me the opportunity to be free with my talent as I work with my customer in bringing their vision to life.
wonderful company to work for!
Interior Design Consultant (Former Employee), Dickson City paAugust 21, 2014
Pros: commisson..you can make some serious coin if you put your mind to it
Cons: some days were very long
Its like having your own business. You can make as little or as much as you want. You can be creative and think out of the box. Management were fantastic and had such a positive teamwork attitude!
Good place to get experience
Interior Designer (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZAugust 18, 2014
Pros: pay structure
Cons: managment
Ton of fabrics and finishes to work with and get creative. There is no room for promotions. There is no team culture.
Ethan Allen
Interior Design Consultant (Current Employee), Pleasanton, CAJuly 22, 2014
I enjoy working for the company. Company provides a great well constructed furniture line. The ability to design is a plus.
Self motivation and hardwork produces rewarding results
Sales (Former Employee), Annapolis, MDJuly 20, 2014
Pros: self motivating, building client relationships, positive competition atmosphere, rewarding
Cons: left due to relocation
Built relationships with clients, translated the goals of the client into tangible designs, ensuring finished products where customers are highly satisfied with the end result.
Conceptualized the ability to task multiple projects, effectively prioritizing assignments and managing time constraints in allotted budgets. Visualization skills and attention to details with an ability to effectively translate design elements into finished product.
Excellent Space planning presentation and design capabilities including Auto Cad 14.
Beautiful furnishings, opportunity to do complete interior decorating
Interior Design Consultant (Former Employee), New HampshireJune 30, 2014
Pros: having all the design tools you need to succeed.
Cons: the work life balance very challenging.
Primary focus is on sales
A lot of calling to get the customer to return to Ethan Allen
Management's focus too much on the bottom line of sales versus helping the designer grow.
Our particular location team effort was stressed.
Hardest part of the job is cold calling.
Most enjoyable part of the job was the actual interior design process. Loved installation and delivery day when customer was happy.
Good environment with good managament
Intern (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJune 9, 2014
As an intern I enjoyed it. Helping clients find new hope in their home was fulfilling. Working with the people at that time was good. They helped me understand the retail side of design and what it takes to build a rapport with new potential clients. Because I wasn't selling anything, I don't know how stressful that could be but overall I enjoyed interning there.
Family Owned Ethan Allen
Interior Designer /Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Fairfield, CAMay 24, 2014
Work day starts at 10 am and ends 6pm

Day begins with clocking in, preparing books/fabrics/colors/designs/ etc. Greeting clients who enter the store. assisting clients with furniture questions, design layouts, colors, fabrics. rugs etc.
For clients who show interest, free house calls can be made
Designer measures room(s), gets a feel of clients tastes, wants, needs and lifestyles, asks questions to better understand clients vision for their space.
once back at the store, one searches through fabric wall and books
to put together a grouping best suited for client. Draws out a rendering of furniture in space to best blueprint furniture layout.

schedules a consultation and sets up a presentation for clients, pitch ones ideas and goes from there. hopefully leading to a sale
Positive environment in which to work.
Design Consultant (Current Employee), Johnstown, COApril 8, 2014
Pros: good commissions
Cons: working every weekend.
The hours are decent, 10-6 Mon- Sat. and 12-5 on Sun. EA has a good training program. Management supports their designers to make their quotas.
fun place
Sitter (Former Employee), poughkeepsie, new yorkApril 6, 2014
not difficult job, great experience, great team members, enjoy hospital settings
Temporary Job/Productive Workplace
Hand Sander (Former Employee), Maiden, NCMarch 5, 2014
This job had good training that made the individual confident with working. Hours and overtime were also consistent.

1 2 3 4

About Ethan Allen

Furniture maker Ethan Allen Interiors (the holding company for Ethan Allen Inc.) has some revolutionary ideas for your home's – Read more

Ethan Allen Salaries