Ethan Allen Employee Reviews

Great benefits, generous management.
Design Consultant/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJuly 22, 2017
Interior Designers are all individuals who have entrepreneur experience, keen eyes for design and helpful! Design center & Showroom beautifully inviting! Focus on certain looks in vignettes. Showroom perfectly matches both catalog & online website, which make it easy for clientele to commit to a certain look!

Excellent benefits and Human Resource support! Given the opportunity to train online, in showroom & learn independently. Clear-cut rules, regulations, and sales goals.

Sometimes short handed for in store pickups, Designer's end up lifting more than guidelines provide. Home calls sometimes require carrying and lifting more than guidelines provide.

Sometimes difficult to make goals in the first year. Traffic slow at times, so need to make outside connections, sell online, home calls, etc...
Benefits
Cons
Slow traffic
nice work place
Lead assistant/ expediter (Former Employee) –  Maiden, NCJuly 19, 2017
This place taught me how to work in a team environment.
I also learned about leadership. I enjoyed the environment, and the overall structure of the job.
Design oriented sales
CONSULTANT & PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJuly 18, 2017
Designers can be really fun or really crazy. You never know what you're going to get. Great advancement opportunities and management growth. Upper management was hit or miss.
Pros
furniture discounts, good benefits
Cons
weekends and working with crazy people
Great opportunities
Interior Design Consultant/Sales (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJuly 9, 2017
Great opportunities,
This company is great, the training was great, the product is wonderful. There are issues with manufacturing however and distribution. However for the most part it is wonderful.
My career has been successful however I was not able to find that wit this organization, I never found my footing here. The clients had been coming to this location for years, had been coming here for years and to the same designer for all those years, I found it challenging to discover my own client base quickly enough and large enough to have a client base which would create a client base which would support me year after year. I suspect that it is because I am ready to retire from Interior Design.
Pros
Long established company with great history
Cons
Working with other designers who have been there for a long time
Great product
Interior Designer (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 3, 2017
Great opportunity to offer design services to client with a great product. Complete complimentary design services. Talented designers. Corporate benefits.
Up to date Style
Designer/ Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Montgomeryville, PAJuly 1, 2017
Great work schedule that provided enough time to keep your projects flowing. The ever changing design with each client is so rewarding. Management in house was really supportive.
Cons
Weekends a must
Supportive management, great place to work!
Delivery Client Services (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TXJune 26, 2017
I am a current employee and have been with the Southlake Ethan Allen for 6 years. I started as a part time receptionist and after a few years was promoted to full time Delivery Client Services. I love my job, management and the Designer Staff. The owners truly care about their employees, and are an encouragement to the dedicated staff. It is a family run business and they treat you like family and you feel it everyday. I am 56 years young and I have to say I love my job and my life with Ethan Allen Southlake TX.
Pros
They respect family
Cons
commission sales is difficult way to make a living.
INTERIOR DESIGNER/RETAIL SALES (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJune 15, 2017
I did not like retail sales and dealing with the public, particularly when it came to pushing sales so you could get paid. People would waste your time when "just looking response" and all you are thinking is meeting your sales quota.
Pros
Great product
Cons
Work weekends and holidays
Micro managed business
Interior Designer/sales consultant (Former Employee) –  Chadds Ford, PAMay 29, 2017
A co-worker referred to this business in this way.
If you do not drink the cool-aid you will never survive.
This is a company with many rules but little time for employee feed back.
Pros
Health benefits, employee discount
Cons
Long hours, working week-ends rules, rules, rules
Selling Beautiful Furniture
SALES (Former Employee) –  North Miami Beach and Pembroke Pines, FloridaMay 25, 2017
I've learned a lot with this company. I was shown how to draw floor plans and go to the customer's home to look at the space to make sure everything fits. All employees worked well together. Beautiful fabrics and furniture. I've made my clients very happy with my help of choices for their homes. Expensive product and sold to a certain clientele. There was a large selection of fabrics and leather. Worked on commission. Was given good benefits, such as Medical, Dental,
401K, Life Insurance and large discounts in purchasing their furniture.
Pros
Very happy in a nice enviroment.
Cons
Lifting heavy furniture. There were slow times based on the economy.
great place to work
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTMay 5, 2017
Fast paced. Nice availably of growth within the company. Long hours during month end and year end closings. Otherwise, you work regular hours. Family/work like balance.
Pros
fast paced
Friendly, caring and fun
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 26, 2017
The owers were really good Christian people and family oriented, that is the type of company I want to work for. A very nice people and flexible work schedule
Very competitive.
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 24, 2017
Very poor management. There is little to no training. Held accountable to unrealistic goals. The product quality is great. The designers are top notch.
Pros
Product
Cons
Atmosphere
Misery in the workplace
Confidential (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTMarch 24, 2017
Absolutely, 100%, the WORST environment I have ever worked in. Completely toxic. Management is so corrupt and disillusioned. They think everyone loves their job, meanwhile they are all entirely miserable. Management has their favorites and then disrespects the employees because they do not hold higher titles.The employees that pick up 5 different jobs are treated like garbage. Never in my life have I been treated so poorly. DO NOT work for corporate- it will be the worst decision of your life.
Pros
The day you quit, you have never felt freer
Cons
Supervisors that do not know how to supervise, ZERO morale, lack of unity, lack of team spirit, lack of respect
Sales
Design Associate (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAMarch 23, 2017
I was not happy working for this company. The owners were not nice to their employees. Sales team worked on commission so there was a lot of jealousy, client stealing, judgemental mentalities and manipulation.
Great place
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYMarch 9, 2017
Nice workplace. Making the furniture was an awesome experience and the discounts I received as an employee were great. Nice place to work. Boss was great
O.K. for if you aren't a designer.
Office Assistant / Receptionist as necessary (Former Employee) –  Deptford, NJMarch 1, 2017
I was the part time office asst and knew I didn't have to impress clients & rake in the $$ for the company. Until my location closed I had fun, thanks
Pros
fun fellow employees, met lots of people, stayed up on the current fads
Cons
only part time so wknd work, hoity toidy Store mgr(office mgr awesome) lots of friends getting let go for lack of sales
Emphasis on entrepreneurs
Management (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 28, 2017
Individuals get to run their own businesses with the support of all levels. It is hard work but the payoff can be huge in both income and personal achievement. You are able to create your destiny but many do not listen to critical advice on how to improve.
Pros
Income potential
Benefits
Great benefits
Finisher/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Frewsburg, NYFebruary 23, 2017
Ethan Allen was close to home for me, They had good insurance and benefits for workers and raises. Managment most of the time worked with you in getting the job done fast but good, Would more tan likely be there yet if it wasn't for them closing.
Pros
Good benefits and pay.
Cons
closed up
nice place to work
lumber buyer (Former Employee) –  Mayville, NYFebruary 15, 2017
very pleasant work place,working hour went by fast,coworkers very helpfull,i worked there 22 years too bad plant closed.
Pros
very clean working enviroment
Cons
some times management worked long hours