Ethan Allen

Ethan Allen Employer Reviews

good employees that work hard and help one another
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Akron, OHOctober 20, 2014
Pros: great employees
Cons: low pay
Good company but hard to make a stable living unless you are part of Management
nice place to work
Furniture Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Wausau, WISeptember 29, 2014
nice people to workfor
friendly coworkers
flexible schedule
variety of different jobsto do
Consulted and helped customers design beautiful rooms in their homes
Design Consultant (Former Employee), Mequon, WISeptember 29, 2014
Pros: being creative, and learning important selling techiques
Cons: making the monthly sales quota's
Greeted the customers as they entered our store. Helped them with their style and fabric selections. Learned how to read customers personalities in knowing the best way to address them as they entered our store. Management helped in tweaking our sales techniques. Hardest part was meeting the monthly sales quota's.
Enjoyed being creative, and working – more... with beautiful fabrics and finishes. – less
A great place to work
Design Consultant (Former Employee), Peachtree City, GASeptember 29, 2014
Pros: creative environment
Cons: distance from home
Ethan Allen became a second family to me. I worked with a wonderful group of creative designers each day. I loved the fact that this job gave me the opportunity to be free with my talent as I work with my customer in bringing their vision to life.
wonderful company to work for!
Interior Design Consultant (Former Employee), Dickson City paAugust 21, 2014
Pros: commisson..you can make some serious coin if you put your mind to it
Cons: some days were very long
Its like having your own business. You can make as little or as much as you want. You can be creative and think out of the box. Management were fantastic and had such a positive teamwork attitude!
Good place to get experience
Interior Designer (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZAugust 18, 2014
Pros: pay structure
Cons: managment
Ton of fabrics and finishes to work with and get creative. There is no room for promotions. There is no team culture.
Ethan Allen
Interior Design Consultant (Current Employee), Pleasanton, CAJuly 22, 2014
I enjoy working for the company. Company provides a great well constructed furniture line. The ability to design is a plus.
Self motivation and hardwork produces rewarding results
Sales (Former Employee), Annapolis, MDJuly 20, 2014
Pros: self motivating, building client relationships, positive competition atmosphere, rewarding
Cons: left due to relocation
Built relationships with clients, translated the goals of the client into tangible designs, ensuring finished products where customers are highly satisfied with the end result.
Conceptualized the ability to task multiple projects, effectively prioritizing assignments and managing time constraints in allotted budgets. Visualization skills and attention – more... to details with an ability to effectively translate design elements into finished product.
Excellent Space planning presentation and design capabilities including Auto Cad 14. – less
Beautiful furnishings, opportunity to do complete interior decorating
Interior Design Consultant (Former Employee), New HampshireJune 30, 2014
Pros: having all the design tools you need to succeed.
Cons: the work life balance very challenging.
Primary focus is on sales
A lot of calling to get the customer to return to Ethan Allen
Management's focus too much on the bottom line of sales versus helping the designer grow.
Our particular location team effort was stressed.
Hardest part of the job is cold calling.
Most enjoyable part of the job was the actual interior design process. Loved installation – more... and delivery day when customer was happy. – less
Good environment with good managament
Intern (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJune 9, 2014
As an intern I enjoyed it. Helping clients find new hope in their home was fulfilling. Working with the people at that time was good. They helped me understand the retail side of design and what it takes to build a rapport with new potential clients. Because I wasn't selling anything, I don't know how stressful that could be but overall I enjoyed interning – more... there. – less
Family Owned Ethan Allen
Interior Designer /Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Fairfield, CAMay 24, 2014
Work day starts at 10 am and ends 6pm

Day begins with clocking in, preparing books/fabrics/colors/designs/ etc. Greeting clients who enter the store. assisting clients with furniture questions, design layouts, colors, fabrics. rugs etc.
For clients who show interest, free house calls can be made
Designer measures room(s), gets a feel of clients tastes, – more... wants, needs and lifestyles, asks questions to better understand clients vision for their space.
once back at the store, one searches through fabric wall and books
to put together a grouping best suited for client. Draws out a rendering of furniture in space to best blueprint furniture layout.

schedules a consultation and sets up a presentation for clients, pitch ones ideas and goes from there. hopefully leading to a sale – less
Positive environment in which to work.
Design Consultant (Current Employee), Johnstown, COApril 8, 2014
Pros: good commissions
Cons: working every weekend.
The hours are decent, 10-6 Mon- Sat. and 12-5 on Sun. EA has a good training program. Management supports their designers to make their quotas.
fun place
Sitter (Former Employee), poughkeepsie, new yorkApril 6, 2014
not difficult job, great experience, great team members, enjoy hospital settings
Temporary Job/Productive Workplace
Hand Sander (Former Employee), Maiden, NCMarch 5, 2014
This job had good training that made the individual confident with working. Hours and overtime were also consistent.
Excellent Manufacturing company!
Moulder operator- Machinist & wood grader (Former Employee), Orleans, VTFebruary 19, 2014
Moulder operator for over 7 years transforming rough cut lumber into usable parts for furniture. Required intense math skills and high level of caution working with 5 cutting heads running at a high rate of RPM's. The job was interesting and I enjoyed working there.
sales design conslutaant
Sales / Designer consultant (Former Employee), Merrillville, INFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: beautiful product, and clientelle
Cons: sale quotas, draw system
As a Interior Designer loved my job,, creatively challenging and fun, learned a lot, excellent products to sell. interior designer, home call weekly goals, customer consistent follow up , loved to sell the custom soft goods, accessories, merchandising,
professional presentations, maintenance of decorating samples, fabrics and discontinued, merchandise.
Good work environment
Standup life operator (Current Employee), Eagle, PAFebruary 1, 2014
Good place to work but I don't have the opportunity to use my skills.
Nice people, and rewarding place to work.
Customer Service II (Former Employee), Tualatin, ORJanuary 23, 2014
Each person working at Ethan Allen was focused on providing the best in customer service, and would go over and beyond the status quo to be able to make the customer happy.
Co-workers were helpful and friendly.
Management usually was supportive.
The difficult part of the job was when you could not always keep both the customer and the management satisfied, – more... and then it would be quite stressful. – less
Terrible Place to Work
Client Services Specialist (Current Employee), FloridaJanuary 1, 2014
no chance of upward mobility. The management is terrible. They don't believe in giving weekends or time off even if you earn it.
Co-workers are the most pleasent part of the company
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Somerville, NJDecember 3, 2013
Pros: the hours, lunch break
Cons: healthcare is expensive, owners don't appreciate their workers
A typical day is greeting customers and answering the telephone. It also consists of generating reports that identify where we are lacking in sales. And these reports are then used in meetings with the designers to try to motivate them to sell, especially on the weekends.

1 2 3

About Ethan Allen

Furniture maker Ethan Allen Interiors (the holding company for Ethan Allen Inc.) has some revolutionary ideas for your home's – Read more