Ethan Allen Employee Reviews in United States

Receptionist
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 25, 2016
Really nice environment. Very clear requirements and standards. Lots of independence. Great staff. Very reliable income, hours, etc.
Emolyment
Interior Designer for clients (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 11, 2016
Assisting all clients in locating the right furniture/decor pieces that work for them, offer and schedule house calls, create the proper design for customers and execute the design in order to close the project, present and close.
Relationship with co-workers and management is good.
I have learned that no customer's are identical and they are on a quest to find what works for their own needs, and one must find the solution for each individual design. The hardest part of the job is continually waiting for customers to come through the door. Most enjoyable part of the job is the the gratification that arises from the customers when the project is complete.
Pros
hours
Cons
does not match 401k
Fun place to work if you like sales.
Design Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJuly 10, 2016
Fast paced. Potential to make large income. Sales skills are just as important as design skills. Room for growth. Tons of learning. Get to be creative.
Productive and Lucrative
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Beecher Falls, VTJuly 5, 2016
I owned this gas station and it was one of the most productive gas stations that the gas supplier had. We did about 16,000 gallons of gas every other day. I loved working with a different group of people you met everyday from all over the country.
Fantastic company to work for.
Designer (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJune 8, 2016
Excellent environment to work in. Generous compensation for the opportunity to earn money and great benifits.Unfortunately circumstances caused me to have to leave my position.
Customer friendly place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILMay 2, 2016
Enjoyed working for a friendly customer satisfying work environment.
Sales team very helpful and knowledgeable. Great team work with sales and customer service.
Productive and fast paced environment.
CLIENT SERVICES SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CAApril 12, 2016
Great manager. Allowed room for growth and new responsibilities. Greeted customers, assisted in design presentations. Updated and maintained design resource center.
Pros
Variety of duties, 401k matching.
Up Scale Furniture Store
SALES (Former Employee) –  North Miami Beach, FL and Pembroke Pines, FLMarch 20, 2016
This job was all about selling. They have beautiful furniture and a nice atmosphere. I listened to each customers needs and how to make a room look beautiful. I learned how to make sketches and where to put the furniture. I also did house calls.
Pros
I worked with very nice people and had my own working area.
Cons
Having to work on weekends and lifting furniture.
Ethan Allen is a great employer
System Operations (Former Employee) –  Old Fort, NCFebruary 8, 2016
I would still be there had it not been for the need to move. I really was noticed and rewarded for my time spent working at Ethan Allen.
Great place to work, great staff and management
Customer Service Representative/ Manager (Former Employee) –  Boonville, NYDecember 30, 2015
My job consisted of working on orders on the computer, stores would order parts of furniture due to transit damage, splitting of tops, etc, then I had to process orders, and oversee that they went out ASAP, which included, learning how to make boxes.

Management was great, very supportive.

the co-workers were helpful and fun.

the hardest part of the job was not having parts in to ship out or if a part that went thru the finishing department was taken for another job.
Pros
Great management, and staff, great work
Cons
Plant shut down.
Review on Ethan Allen
Office Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 14, 2015
Ethan Allen was a great place to work. Nice co-workers and good team players. Worked hard to make the company succeed. Enjoyed working with management and co-owners. Provided great customer service and good communication.
Pros
Good Teamwork, Communication, and Great Organization to work for.
Cons
Being laid-off due to store closing.
learning to make furniture
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Orleans, VTDecember 7, 2015
Very dusty in areas and heavy furniture to push and pull. Used to be on a line that would go too fast to keep up to do a good job. Smell is not a good thing.
Ethan Allen
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Garner, NCNovember 2, 2015
great fun and relaxed atmosphere in the warehouse setting. I handled warranty and damage issues with customers. Local Mgmt supportive, and co workers were family. everyone looked out for one another, and all pitched in to get the job done. We did not always agree but we respected each others opinions and diffrences and still worked as a team. My position was relocated to another part of NC and I was not able to transfer.
Pros
relaxed, family friendly
Cons
relocated position to a different area of NC not able to transfer
Productive and fun place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYOctober 26, 2015
Fun place to work, there was a lot of variety in what i did every day, colleagues were great to work with. overall not a bad place to work
Wonderful Fun Place to work!
Interior Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDOctober 21, 2015
Loved this job! The people and Management were great!
Loved the product, Pay was good, environment beautiful and a fun place to spend your work life. Loved the fellow colleagues and all the job demanded. Benefits were okay. Customer Service was great.
Pros
Healthcare, AD&D offered, 401k
Cons
Long hours, weekends
Awesome
Factory worker (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYOctober 16, 2015
A typical day at work was fine. The worst part about the job is once you get used to one job, next thing you know its time to move to the next.
Quality High-End Home Furnishings. Beautiful Showrooms.
Interior Designer (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAOctober 9, 2015
Conducting Showroom and In-Home Interior Design Consultations. Excellent Project Manager to assist in design aspects and interaction with Clients. Most co-workers were skilled Interior Designers. Company provided ongoing Training in both selling and product knowledge. The best part of the job was "designing" and assisting Clients in achieving beautiful, comfortable home interiors.
Pros
Base Salary + Commission
Cons
Some overly competitive Colleagues.
Fair Distribution of Opportunity
Design Consultant - Challenged (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLSeptember 30, 2015
Management ensured fair distribution of opportunities with their "up" system that gives everyone an chance at being successful. Family environment with a 'how can I help'.
Pros
Days off during the week
Cons
Days off during the week
Great company!
Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Laguna Niguel, CASeptember 10, 2015
This is a great place to work. They provide a very comprehensive training period and then a very pleasant day to day work environment after the training period. The sales goals are very rigorous, but attainable with the use of the selling tools that Ethan Allen provides.
Ethan Allen was a stepping stone to the corporate world for me
Corporate Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTAugust 26, 2015
worked here many years ago. Was not flexible. Micromanaged to the to the dot. Don't know if it has changed so I can't speak for now.
Pros
Employee discounts for awesome furniture
Cons
Micromanage