Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc Employee Reviews

Highly stressful and little support.
Quality System Engineer (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 17, 2017
The job started fine, but the training was horrible as I moved up the company ladder. It was discouraging when the company / divisional management feels that everyone should be looking for a new job every 2 - 3 yrs. A desire to stay at a happy position was frowned upon.

Most of the people were very friendly, but the support internally and inter-facility was very small and difficult to find.
Run Far away
Extrusion Operator (Former Employee) –  Cornelia, GAAugust 12, 2017
Great place to start work (always as a temp) if you have someone who is related to you or a best buddy as a boss, then you can guarantee you'll get hired...otherwise you're wasting your time!! No respect from bosses ( who don't know the job function themselves).. If you love working overtime ( mandatory for some) come here!! They're dropping entry level pay and a plus..they keep on lazy full timers that won't work, but if you are a temp and work hard, they still won't hire you!! I saw it many times..good workers who were temps who didn't get jobs!! Something needs to be done about this trash place!!!
Pros
Money wasn't bad
Cons
Read above
A large pharmaceutical company with opportunity for travel.
BUYER/PLANNER (Former Employee) –  Somerville, NJAugust 7, 2017
I worked as a consultant as did the majority of my department.

The work environment was professional and my co-workers were also professionals. The building amenities were very nice - banking, cafeteria, cubicles.
Pros
Business travel
Cons
Hard work, SAP data needs more fine tuning and monitoring to work as they want it to.
Good place to work but some drawbacks with culture.
Sr. Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 29, 2017
Good work environment and benefits. However, the culture puts too much emphasis on personal development, working on your performance objectives and many meetings. For those that like to be productive, this can be frustrating.
scanned surgical needles
Premium Scanner (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJuly 28, 2017
worked nights and it was hard to get use to. also looked into a microscope all night which gave me headaches. not really any management on the night shift
productive workplace,chances for advancement
Chemical Operator (Former Employee) –  Somerville, NJJuly 24, 2017
opportunities to advance. great working conditions ,friendly and helpful coworkers.work place clean and orderly. Enjoyed staff meetings chance to voice opinions
Pros
friendly workplace
Cons
cafeteria food
productive great clulture
Field Support Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 14, 2017
remarkable experience and opportunity to add value to this extraordinary company that has very high standards in people and their products.
Management is exceptional and inviting. Great learning experience.
Pros
wealth of knowledge
Cons
Could be a great place to work
Extruder Operator (Current Employee) –  Cornelia, GAJune 21, 2017
I work 12 hour shift on a very demanding job, But I enjoyed working there. Management could be a bit better, if they had more structure. I have learned a lot about people there. The job wasn't hard you just had to stay with it.
Pros
Days off
Cons
Worked for temp agency
Management only cares about themselves
Braider Operator (Former Employee) –  Cornelia, GAJune 14, 2017
You get very little guidance and can hardly ever find your manager when issues/problems arise. They seem to disappear into a dark hole and can never be found. Even if you do find your manager they down talk you and treat you like you are not a human being. The plant is going down hill and just keeps expanding with outdated technology that has been used since it was first made and they refuse to update it. Getting materials needed to complete your job is a headache and no one seems to care. I do not recommend working here unless you want to be just a number.
Pros
None that I can remember
Cons
Management does not have your best interests in mind.
Very Professional and Caring Company
Lifecycle Engineer Co-op (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 5, 2017
As part of the Johnson and Johnson family of companies the culture is absolutely fantastic. I love the work that goes on within this company and the benefits were great.
Tecnologia avanzada
Engineering Coop- Mechanical Engineering (Current Employee) –  San Lorenzo Municipio, PRJune 2, 2017
Empresa en la que su mayor interes es el bienestar de sus clientes y empleadores.
QA Tech
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXMay 24, 2017
This job was stressful due to management. If you disagreed with the manager you will not be allowed to apply for any other positions there. She guaranteed this.
Pros
great employess
Cons
The work can cause tendonitis
Excellent place to work
Project Manager / Scientific Leader on CAPA's (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaMay 18, 2017
Good company and place to work. Culture is open and provides space to workers in executing within the GMP's. Company provide the necessary tools for development, perform work within high quality.
Do not appreciate nurses
Customer Support Advocate (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 13, 2017
Focus is on sales, nursing experience and education not important, will stress personal development but in reality, no consideration for advancement if not a marketing degree
Great co-op
Life Cycle Materials Co-op (Former Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHApril 29, 2017
Good for a co-op term. Many places in company to go and move around in with appropriate connections. Good care was taken of co-ops with lunch and learn opportunities.
many compliance issues sr. mgmt wanted to ignore
Research Scientist (Former Employee) –  Cornelia, GAMarch 31, 2017
Individuals who were trying to meet Qa and FDA compliance we disuaded from issuing deviation reports and in some cases individuals who persisted in securing a compliant ethical corrective action for process method deviations were fired for their efforts in striving for better regulatory compliance/
The TMV process was often poorly supported and it took twice as long as would be normal in today;s industry to complete routine projects due to poor directives from executive and sr. ethicon management
Pros
the TMV manager was dedicated to his team
Cons
The TMV manager was undermined by some of his senior management
Excellant place to work with quality people and management
LASER TECHNICIAN / OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Cornelia, GAMarch 8, 2017
This is a great place to work if you like to learn new things. A very established place with great management that takes care of its employees.

There is plenty of advancement if you have skills and are willing to go to school and learn additional skills to advance in the plant.

I worked there for 24 years and always felt like they cared about me has a person and appreciated the work I did for them. This is very meaningful to employees who try to do good quality work for a company they appreciate.
Pros
friendly people, good management, and advancement
Cons
long shift hours
Boring
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Cornelia, GAFebruary 23, 2017
Boring job, hours are good, but once you're done, you get so bored.
Same thing over and over again. Nothing really changes. But the pay is substantial to other places.
Very dramatic with its ups an downs
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXFebruary 13, 2017
Highest paying job i could ever have but unfortunately some temps that wanted to get hired on like i just had kept slandering and harassing me until i lost my job. I blame myself for looking weak.
Pros
freebies
Cons
drama
We got bought
International Sales and Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 8, 2017
Recently acquired by Ethicon. Still learning and not sure if my current position will be available when the transition is complete... Lots of opportunity from what I have been told but nothing is very transparent yet.