Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc Employee Reviews

Productive place to work where there is always something new to learn and the people are very motivated
Preclinical Support (Current Employee) –  Somerville, NJFebruary 1, 2016
A typical work day involves product testing and model development in a research and development lab. I have learned a lot about our current products, product advancements, and competitor products. I have also learned about how models and model development work. All of my coworkers are extremely friendly and helpful; everyone offers help to anyone that needs it. The hardest part of the position (most of the days) is managing time between all the studies going on at that moment, or setting up for the next day. Teamwork is a big theme around here, so it makes our daily lives easier when everyone is working together or helping each other out with their daily responsibilities. The most enjoyable part is being hands on with everything and learning about all of our products and how we're trying to advance them and seeing the differences between our products and our competitors.
Pros
Hands on learning
Cons
Can be very long and tiresome days
Family Oriented
Manufacturing Operator (Former Employee) –  San Lorenzo, P.R.April 30, 2012
At Ethicon you are not just an employee but also part of the team everything related to the business was told to us in a manner that it became everyone involved. Management staff would listen to the employees in order to make the business more proficient and profitable. A saying that management used to say was" We wouldn't have a job if it wasn't for you" referring to the manufacturing and technical staff. The working environment was excellent when you have the GM ( general manager) saying that the time expend at work should be pleasant because eight hours of every single day we expended at work. The atmosphere was that of family.
Pros
excellent work place and warm work environment
Professional environment filled with intelligent, down-to-earth employees
Franchise Packaging Development Co-op (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 13, 2016
I worked in the Franchise Packaging Development department. The onboarding process was great; my workload grew over time, however, I was never thrown into a situation in which I was not prepared for. I learned a ton over the 6-month co-op and I enjoyed it very much. One drawback was how some of the full-time engineers either had too much or too little work; the more 'talented' employees were over utilized.
Pros
summer hours, cafeteria, learning opportunities/internal classes, technology available
Cons
strict atmosphere, time management
Administrative Assistant of Human Resources
Administrative Assistant tof Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJOctober 18, 2013
• Accurately prepared and revised I-9s and proper identification documents
• Managed audit trail for all paperwork related to human resource employee files
• Performed procurement process to ensure vendor negotiations; while maintaining positive relationships with multiple vendors and oversaw all purchasing and inventory reports
• Assisted with all Human Resource functions including recruiting, hiring, training and staff development; calculated payroll accurately and timely, delivering reports to Accountant Taxation Office.
Proactive and learning inviroment
Administration, BPL, Professional Education (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 6, 2014
Typical day is working with Sales Reps that are brining in there surgeon for a Cusotmer Education Visit. I arrange and prepare the agenda with Marketing to develope an education visit on our products and procedures. Management give me the direction and learning experience with a very rewarding position.

Very detailed and arrange logitics and admistration details for all flights ground and hotels as well.

I enjoy the challenges and working hard to achieve the goal of the surgeons and Sales Reps.
Pros
each day is a learning experience to grow.
Cons
na
A grate professional organization to work for...
MECHANICAL ENGINEER TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Somerville, NJJune 12, 2013
I worked for the best medical device engineers. I worked very closely with my P.E. and was gven demensional controle over project I managed project through SolidWorks EPDM system CAD models and Prints I was also responsable for all prototyping and componet testing and record all data.. componet testing of medical devices in cadaver lab review at teem meeting decuss changes implement any changes made in meeting... then propotyp the with changes back to testing..
Pros
20 minute commute
Cons
not a perm position.
Challenging and Disorganized
Energy Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 23, 2015
Training content was terrific and challenging expanding my knowledge.
The daily life is up at 5, at the OR and trying to sell in surgery all day, then take staff and physicians out in the evenings. Very long hours with poor work-life balance
Sales compensation changed and does not adequately compensate for the hours required
Pod format with a large team and absent management is a poor business model
Pros
Education
Cons
OR environment is high stress and unfriendly
Ethicon was a great place to work unfortunately there were a lot of lay offs
Event coordinator/caterer (Former Employee) –  Blue Ash, OhioJune 13, 2014
I had always been interested in a job in catering. I was actually recommended for this job by a friend. I learned a lot of new things and met a lot of great people. Unfortunately the company was doing a large company lay off and they didn't give any indication of how the lay offs would be done so a lot of us found new jobs before the lay offs went into affect.
Pros
fun, great environment, friendly staff
Cons
low job security
Great place to work if you like hands on work
Packaging Analyst (Current Employee) –  Somerville, NJMay 3, 2015
Typical days consist of getting new projects and following appropriate test methods to evaluate product packaging. I learned effective and efficient writing due to the demand of test results for packaging integrity. The most enjoyable part of the job is the hands on nature of testing materials.
Pros
Great learning environment, new challenges
Cons
no overtime, short term assignments
Great work experience
Manufacturing Engineering Co-Op (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 16, 2014
At Ethicon, I worked on many projects involving PLC Programming, HMI Programming, and vision system programming in a controlled manufacturing environment. The work place was very well structured and allowed me to learn very useful tools and methodologies used by the engineers around me. I learned a lot about documentation and embedding quality work into each of my projects.
Great culture and great opporunity to build long-term skill set
Associate Product Manager, Advanced Energy (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONJuly 8, 2015
Ethicon is a great place to work. The people here are smart and challenge each other to be better. I love that coming into work here every day you really feel as if you are making a contribution (however small it may be) to helping people live a healthier, longer life.
Pros
Gym, PingPong, Summer Fridays
Cons
Large office, lots of processes
Productive and mostly fun place to work
Anode Operator (Former Employee) –  Cornelia, GAJuly 7, 2015
Started machines and got them running properly.
Learned how to work with acids and silicone.
Management was pretty strict, not alot of time off of work.
Got along with co-workers most of the time.
Hardest part of the job was learning all of the technical parts related to how to fine tune the machinery.
Most enjoyable part was the pay.
Pros
There was a cafeteria on site.
Cons
Long work weeks
There was always pharmacutical product to run.
relay winder (Former Employee) –  San Angelo TexasFebruary 28, 2015
I learned to check product and place it on a conveyor belt and checked the product that was ran 100%. the product and information had to be properly documented and accounted for before end to the next department to be packaged and sent to hospitals.
Pros
nice cafeteria
Cons
no health care or vacation time
Great company, motivating and challenging.
Assicoate Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  CAJanuary 5, 2015
-Typical day included selling to surgeons, being in the operating room and servicing accounts.
-I learned selling skills, the fundamentals of the medical industry and how to sell within a hospital setting.
Pros
motivating and competitive environment
A very nice place to work and to grow your career
Quality Engineer (contract) (Current Employee) –  Somerville, NJAugust 22, 2015
Ethicon is a well established and organized company with sound fundamentals and well written corporate policies and procedures. During my short time working with Ethicon, I had opportunity to learn and grow with the team and establish myself.
All around good place to work
Operator Mechanic (Current Employee) –  PROctober 9, 2013
Great co workers, been there for 20 years management has changed a lot they where more employee friendly, counted on us more. Hardest paart of the job it is a very demanding company bbut that is good. Enjoyable part of job just beeing part of the team
great place to work at.
Assembly Line Associate (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 6, 2015
Great place to work at. They do their best to make you feel comfortable. The managing team does a great job at dealing with everything that goes on in the place.
Pros
Friendly enviroment.
Cons
third shift takes a tow on you if you have school etc in the day time.
Wonderful staff to work with
Veterinary Technician (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 28, 2013
I enjoyed teaching surgeons and sales rep's about the products.
The labs are interactive. I enjoyed meeting surgeons and sales staff from around the world. Learing the newest surgical products on the market is interesting.
The people were great but this was two year contract
Packing Operator (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 13, 2015
Packaging sterile endosurgical equipment in a clean room environment keeping computer records for every batch of parts packaged and maintaining a clean environment.
Pros
nice people
Cons
sitting down all day
Kelly Staffing: A fast-paced assembly, inspection and packing job.
Operations Technician (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 6, 2012
fast paced with teams working different areas on work orders for packaging surgurical staplers.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
inputting all the order numbers and operations worked for the entire shift.

4.4